Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Max ending with a metallic magikarp would be pretty hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
If Scrapdragon is incoherent who was talking to Doorman?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Yeah, I think we're back in "two spirits" territory, although I guess it's possible that they're both in the bat.

That might actually make sense; the thing that's maddening Scrapdragon is the need to share space with a trickster spirit.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Rand Brittain posted:

Yeah, I think we're back in "two spirits" territory, although I guess it's possible that they're both in the bat.

That might actually make sense; the thing that's maddening Scrapdragon is the need to share space with a trickster spirit.

That could be true even if Max was just possessed, though, since they'd basically be needing to share his spectral energy and mind-space.

I very much doubt Zach's going to kill off Scrapdragon here, if only because it doesn't really seem like Max to let Boss Leader do it. That said, it would be an interesting change from "no, he's my super-special magic spirit I don't care if he's insane/evil/insanely evil!" you tend to see. But interesting isn't always good, either. Some cliches exist for a reason.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The spirit that spoke to Doorman could have been some wandering spirit that happened to be a match for Max. It is exactly as plausible as Max having picked up a hitchiker somewhere else.

Alternatively, Scrapdragon could have more depth than Boss Leader judges.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I like how nobody cares to even mention that Boss Leader doesn't actually have a head under all those bandages. :allears:

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Tenebrais posted:

The spirit that spoke to Doorman could have been some wandering spirit that happened to be a match for Max. It is exactly as plausible as Max having picked up a hitchiker somewhere else.

Alternatively, Scrapdragon could have more depth than Boss Leader judges.

I'm not sure "a random wandering spirit hopped into Max briefly to chat with Doorman and then popped back out" is as plausible as Max being possessed.

Scrapdragon being more clever than Boss Leader judges is entirely possible, though. And could fit the role of a trickster, not that I'd say anything we've seen of Scrapdragon so far strikes me as a front.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

I'm not sure "a random wandering spirit hopped into Max briefly to chat with Doorman and then popped back out" is as plausible as Max being possessed.

Scrapdragon being more clever than Boss Leader judges is entirely possible, though. And could fit the role of a trickster, not that I'd say anything we've seen of Scrapdragon so far strikes me as a front.

He did immediately slip into armor once Max showed up. Then again, that could just be an ordinary animal ghost defense response.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Probably Magic posted:

He did immediately slip into armor once Max showed up. Then again, that could just be an ordinary animal ghost defense response.

Yeah, it seemed a lot more like an animal reaction. Like a cat hissing and arching its back to seem larger. Especially fitting since apparently Scrapdragon's a hopped up on fear and rage.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

I feel like Zach missed out on making the "This isn't even my normal form!" joke in the alt text.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
I know this page had a lot of information to theorize on. However, I just wanted to point out that Boss Leader appears to be changing their background location based on what she is doing. When she turns her head into a fishbowl container they are underwater, a field when talking about baseball (field of dreams maybe), and a nighttime parking lot when she's doing the detective thing.

Nice touch, plus I think continues to get the point across how powerful she is in the dream world.

Also, does Boss Leader's dialogue here sound like this is a test for Max to anyone else? She jumps into the, "I could absolutely kill your spirit for you if you want to be safe" incredibly quickly.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jul 4, 2014

JavaJesus
Jul 4, 2007

Line Feed posted:

I feel like Zach missed out on making the "This isn't even my normal form!" joke in the alt text.
This is why I don't think Scrapdragon's going to die here. I know Isaac is the anime in the story, but I don't think Zach's going to kill off a character that explicitly has a True Form before we see it.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
I'm rolling with Max is possessed by PJ. First spirit he encountered, charged towards him with weird looking eyes, and since PJ's "domain" is the house Max wouldn't notice a shift.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

AnonSpore posted:

I like how nobody cares to even mention that Boss Leader doesn't actually have a head under all those bandages. :allears:

Boss Leader is basically an actual, literal nightmare, at least when in someone's head/in the "dream world", her being able to pull stuff like this is not surprising.

It is, however, really cool. Boss Leader is awesome.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I think it does sound like Boss Leader is doing a test for Max. I mean even there Max isn't sure he wants to get rid of Scrapdragon considering all their encounters so far have been

SKREEEEEEEEE AND SKREEEEEESHAAAAAAAW.

And yes Boss Leader is the best. I just enjoy how she trolls everyone. The fact that she knows the Suit PJs are stupid as hell and makes everyone wear it just to troll. Basically Boss Leader is the best troll.

The fact that BL says this isn't it's normal form makes me think that when Possessed Max was talking is when it's actually calm. Granted I wonder why the hell Scrapdragon is mad.

Then again, he was stashed in the janitor closet for a reason.

big sperma shot
Jan 13, 2011

Big Cock Jerk Off with MASSIVE cum shot.
I just realized that Max is totally an allomancer

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

big sperma shot posted:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

big sperma shot posted:

Impossible he has two different abilities

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Regy Rusty posted:

Impossible he has two different abilities

Fine he's a Mistborn then.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

AnonSpore posted:

She has an eye though!

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Calling Lisa as Boss Leader's real identity.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

it doesn't really seem like Max to let Boss Leader do it

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
Max's reaction seems to be saying "Yes, it's a large, terrifying super-powerful grudge, but it's my large, terrifying super-powerful grudge That I've been in contact with for a little over two days." Maybe Boss Leader will say something like "well in that case we can try to anime it back into its normal form etc etc"

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kabanaw posted:

Max's reaction seems to be saying "Hm?"

More accurate.

Cthulhuite
Mar 22, 2007

Shwmae!
Max's dead mum is a spirit and she's been possessing him all this time.

Also she's the big bad. Calling it!

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Max's mom is Boss Leader.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
And she's an amnesiac.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Cthulhuite posted:

Max's dead mum is a spirit and she's been possessing him all this time.

Also she's the big bad. Calling it!

That wasn't just normal PJ he saw the first night, it was evil PJ possessing him and that's who was talking to the Doorman plus he starts seeing spirits after that night. Max just also happened to find a bat.

PJ is really just an evil spirit manipulating Max.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Brannock posted:

Max's mom is Boss Leader.

Funny thing is, the comments on Zack's page have been saying this like for years (I mean he did start paranatural around 2011)

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Leper Residue posted:

That wasn't just normal PJ he saw the first night, it was evil PJ possessing him and that's who was talking to the Doorman plus he starts seeing spirits after that night. Max just also happened to find a bat.

PJ is really just an evil spirit manipulating Max.

Right house, wrong ghost.

Think someone more sinister.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Tunicate posted:

Mr. Hissy???

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Excuse me, Hissing Pete has a name. :colbert:

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Tunicate posted:

Eh, Lefty is surly, but not evil. It's a pity he doesn't have a mouth so he can talk in the Brooklyn accent I know he has.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Can someone have a Brooklyn accent while communicating in sign language?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Habitually flipping a coin?

Or just decking someone every so often.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Dolash posted:

Can someone have a Brooklyn accent while communicating in sign language?

Keep a middle finger extended.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Update!

"Graydar is the ability to detect gray things at a distance and Spyromancy is complete control over the 1998 video game Spyro The Dragon and all of its sequels"

So I guess Boss Leader is done here? I wonder if she's done this with the other Activity Club members, or if she's just getting to know them now. I don't think Isaac knows about Boss Leader and the Consortium, at least.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If Spyromancy is an actual power then I should have been visited by Boss Leader a long time ago :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
It would be way better if boss leader just happened upon some kid that passed out in the woods, liked his moxie, and decided to let him join her club. That is the best recruitment program. Also it seems like that's the case unless she was feigning surprise about Max knowing Spender. Think about how mad he'll be