Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butt Savage
Aug 23, 2007
I'm poo poo out of luck on that front, my local store doesn't have them in stock. I'll just buy'em now, gently caress it. I need shoes for the summer and you just made my day. Thanks, dude!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

I got a pretty nice gift card from The Bay to say 'sorry we are totally incompetent at any form of customer service please shop here again' (hahahno).
Ugly comfy summer shoes:

and 8 of these because :canada:

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
My first foray into clipless pedals:

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

Clipless pedals are excellent, especially ones with a built in platform like those. I will now only ride clipless unless I am doing jumps - the security of being attached to the bike has really helped my riding speed. You can still get accidentally unclipped if you strike a rock or root or something, though...

Vrikkian
Apr 26, 2010

I think I'm having a stroke...

Xenoletum posted:

I thoroughly expect you to trash anything that is post Gabriel. :colbert:

I know this is from a bit back, but you all really need to get the Gabriel era remaster box set they did. It truly does fix all the albums from his time. Since their tech and budget was so bad back then a lot of their studio albums were very muddled and quiet. Now they sound superb. You can really hear Phil singing in the back in songs I didn't know he was even singing in..

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004
Forgive my ignorance, but why are those pedals called clipless? I didn't grasp the idea so I looked at a youtube video and they very obviously clip the pedals in, shouldn't they be called clipped pedals? Or is there some other kind of super hardcore version that you cannot unclip from which are called clipped pedals?

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
From my understanding, the previous version of clip-in pedals had that firm rubber cage around the toe. This cage is what prevented your foot from coming off the pedals. This modern design does away with this clip cage, and is therefore clipless.

E:

The Science Goy has a new favorite as of 05:35 on Jul 6, 2014

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

Grrl Anachronism posted:

I got a pretty nice gift card from The Bay to say 'sorry we are totally incompetent at any form of customer service please shop here again' (hahahno).
Ugly comfy summer shoes:

and 8 of these because :canada:

Do you have any pictures of those on your feet?

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

Factory posted:

Do you have any pictures of those on your feet?

Post in the embarrassing fetish thread.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.

Got the one on the right x2. Because my bff and I will always get matching Sailor Moon shirts.

Leon Black
Sep 2, 2004

Say whaaaat?
A new TV as the old one died:

LG 47LA620V 47-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD Cinema 3D Smart LED TV with Freeview HD/Built-In Wi-Fi

Only get to buy a new TV every 5 years or so, might as well go with what I hope is a decent one!

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Leon Black posted:

A new TV as the old one died:

LG 47LA620V 47-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD Cinema 3D Smart LED TV with Freeview HD/Built-In Wi-Fi

Only get to buy a new TV every 5 years or so, might as well go with what I hope is a decent one!

I have the exact same model, only smaller. It's great

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Starting to get into the whole "game night" thing with friends, and I went on a little spree to expand my Munchkin selection

(I'm aware that the "boxes of holding" are a waste of money vs just buying a cardboard box, but shaddap I wanted em)

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

SgtScruffy posted:

Starting to get into the whole "game night" thing with friends, and I went on a little spree to expand my Munchkin selection

(I'm aware that the "boxes of holding" are a waste of money vs just buying a cardboard box, but shaddap I wanted em)

The gently caress is up my buddy :hfive:

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Munchkin is a bad game.

Recently I bought love letter, resistance and panic on wall street. These are all really good games.

Munchkin is bad.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Munchkin is as good/bad as the people you play it with. Much like Cards Against the Humanity.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

CancerCakes posted:

Munchkin is a bad game.

Recently I bought love letter, resistance and panic on wall street. These are all really good games.

Munchkin is bad.

Take it to the board games thread, yo.

(Full disclosure: I think Munchkin is not my bag also, and really want to try Love Letter)

Soon I will buy Quantum and post it here, that game is freaking amazing and I need it.

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Because I needed something in between my usual desert boots and my formal shoes. It's a casual pair which should fit nicely with a blazer and chino.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

CancerCakes posted:

Munchkin is a bad game.

Munchkin is bad.

Love Letter is a good game, for 10 bucks I bought it! So it counts as a recent purchase! Everyone buy love letter. Munchkin is a terrible game, but love letter isn't.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.
Peer pressure is real.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Tulip Candy posted:

Peer pressure is real.

Is there a thread about it and/or have you got a link to a good overview/review of it?

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Toast Museum posted:

Is there a thread about it and/or have you got a link to a good overview/review of it?

There isn't a dedicated thread for it, but you can ask for reviews, overview of it here.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3493657

no skateboarding EVER!
Apr 21, 2003
Jagermeister & schadenfreude.

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

What do the mechanical bits in the middle do? Do they 'bite' into your shoe shomehow?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Yes, the clip into a cleat on your shoe so you have direct contact with your pedal throughout your stroke. They're called clipless, which doesn't make any goddamn sense, but there you go.

They make a huge difference by the way, both in long term comfort on multi-hour rides, and speed/efficiency.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Do people ACTUALLY hate Munchkin, or is that some sort of meme from the board games thread because it's so MAINSTREAM? I've played it a few times and I like it :(

But at this rate, I'm gonna probably buy Love Letter and Space Alert because everyone be jizzin

Update: I caved to peer pressure because I'm a terrible human being who enjoys things that are terrible, so I bought Love Letter to atone for my terribleness.

SgtScruffy has a new favorite as of 15:56 on Jul 7, 2014

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Speaking of games I just picked up the new D&D Starter Set. New edition, some cool new things.

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

SgtScruffy posted:

But at this rate, I'm gonna probably buy Love Letter and Space Alert because everyone be jizzin

I have a feeling I'm going to jump on board the Love Letter bandwagon, and maybe Game of Things as well. I've been looking for a few easy to learn, low effort, party/pub games to supplement Cards Against Humanity and Shut The Box.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

SgtScruffy posted:

Do people ACTUALLY hate Munchkin, or is that some sort of meme from the board games thread because it's so MAINSTREAM? I've played it a few times and I like it :(
Usually I wouldn't jump in after someone's just said they bought it and were looking forward to it, but since you asked, yes, lots of people legitimately hate Munchkin. I played it back in university and enjoyed it then, but since I've played other games out there and learnt what makes good board game design I would honestly rather sit out than play it again. The first 6-7 levels are fun, then as soon as anyone's at 8 or above it becomes a boring repetitive clusterfuck of 'has anyone drawn cards that can stop me winning? Yep, they have, ok, your turn' until finally someone doesn't have the cards to stop someone. That part generally lasts an extra entire hour.

Love letter's design by comparison is fantastic - simple to understand, easy to play, and penalties for getting eliminated in it due to other people's plays are minor due to rounds only lasting 2 minutes. I've used it to introduce huge numbers of people into boardgaming who you really wouldn't think would enjoy it, and Space Alert is another fantastic choice.

gypsycabdriver
Apr 19, 2007
Silencerco Specwar muzzle Brake

Multitasker series3 Multitool

Arc'teryx cap

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

gypsycabdriver posted:

Silencerco Specwar muzzle Brake

So its a muzzle break and silencer attachment for an AR/M16?

It seems like it would also double as a very expensive bottle opener too.

gypsycabdriver
Apr 19, 2007

psyopmonkey posted:

So its a muzzle break and silencer attachment for an AR/M16?

It seems like it would also double as a very expensive bottle opener too.

Exactly. I suppose you can use in that manner too.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

My group regularly plays munchkin because the newbie hasn't killed her appreciation of it yet. It is a bad game though. I'll give that Loveletter game a chance sometime.

Speed Crazy
Nov 7, 2011

pseudorandom posted:

I have a feeling I'm going to jump on board the Love Letter bandwagon, and maybe Game of Things as well. I've been looking for a few easy to learn, low effort, party/pub games to supplement Cards Against Humanity and Shut The Box.

I highly recommend Coup. Its pretty cheap, has minimal cards and playing pieces, and is really easy to learn. The games go pretty quickly too, so its great for playing while you wait for more people to arrive (though up to 6 can play). Plus it's a bluffing game so when the games go so quickly and the stakes don't seem as high, even timid players will lie constantly.

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:
Is that the same Steve Jackson who wrote the Fighting Fantasy books? Whatever happened to Ian Livingstone?

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Metos posted:

The first 6-7 levels are fun, then as soon as anyone's at 8 or above it becomes a boring repetitive clusterfuck of 'has anyone drawn cards that can stop me winning? Yep, they have, ok, your turn' until finally someone doesn't have the cards to stop someone. That part generally lasts an extra entire hour.

This is so utterly correct in my experience.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Fozaldo posted:

Is that the same Steve Jackson who wrote the Fighting Fantasy books? Whatever happened to Ian Livingstone?

The very same. Livingstone works in the computer game industry, president of Eidos I believe.

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011
I received a Nordstrom gift card a few weeks back, and while I wouldn't normally shop at such a high end store, I did wind up finding some accessories that match my style:

Herschel and Co. Navy Backpack
I like the sophisticated old world style, matches my usual vintage attire. A little more than I would normally spend on a backpack (I'm always lookin for a come up ;)), but as I said, this is gift card money, baby!

Some Topman Navy Suspenders to match the backpack. Mostly just for show, but they actually work really well too. Pleasantly surprised with these. I'm still working on getting the right thumbs in suspenders look down.

Ted Baker 'Claudis' Wallet bought it just for the elegant outside look, but wound up being disappointed with how it looks opened up, something like a black womans Phillipe french dip-looking vagina thats been left in the sun for 4 hours. A little upset, but I can just toss it in the pile with my other wallets.

Brixton 'Hooligan' Driving Cap This is probably the ballsiest purchase here. I'm not typically a hat guy, as I don't like how my curly fro-style hair looks under them (and oh god... the hat hair :gonk:), but I figured I'd give it a go. Reaallly pleasantly surprised with this purchase, as I've already gotten a number of compliments from coworkers and family members alike.

Mephit
May 5, 2010

beato posted:

The very same. Livingstone works in the computer game industry, president of Eidos I believe.
They're actually different and often mistaken for the same guy. To add to the confusion, the US one (that published Munchkin) actually wrote a few FF titles!

colas
Feb 14, 2007

A bunch of different teas and samples.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Fat Marilyn Manson posted:

I received a Nordstrom gift card a few weeks back, and while I wouldn't normally shop at such a high end store, I did wind up finding some accessories that match my style:

Brixton 'Hooligan' Driving Cap This is probably the ballsiest purchase here. I'm not typically a hat guy, as I don't like how my curly fro-style hair looks under them (and oh god... the hat hair :gonk:), but I figured I'd give it a go. Reaallly pleasantly surprised with this purchase, as I've already gotten a number of compliments from coworkers and family members alike.

I've got a Kangol version of this. It's wool and chafes my ears like a motherfucker so I don't wear it much even though it looks p good.