Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fluo
May 25, 2007

(Big image!)

Who voted The Clive Palmer Experience Psychedelic Love Train Circus Party? They sound fun.

Aussie politics from a British newspaper. :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
Awesome work keeping this thread going, there's nothing else like it I could find and I really missed it!

E: Why is Murray playing tennis at Twickenham?

Betjeman fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 26, 2014

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Gosh, a lady coach! How queer. Can she manage the coaching with her tiny female brain-parts? Maybe everyone will have to wear skirts, like lady-tennis. My stars.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Angepain posted:

Gosh, a lady coach! How queer. Can she manage the coaching with her tiny female brain-parts? Maybe everyone will have to wear skirts, like lady-tennis. My stars.

That or she'll be a hyper-aggressive (literal) ball-breaker emasculating the mens. Whatever is this PC world coming to???

And yeah cheers Couch Potato, although at first I thought 'now that's some dedication' and then I had an image of you collecting cartoons and writing new posts and :f5:ing like crazy this whole time. Either way, thanks!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Thank you all for the kind words. :yayclod:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Jeremy Hunt's apology for Savile – Jeremy Hunt, the health secretary, has apologised on behalf of the government and the health service for allowing Savile to operate as he did in NHS hospitals."

Telegraph:

EU leaders gather for WWI memorial ahead of Juncker battle

Independent:

After Low.

Times:

:nws: After Tennis Girl. :nws:

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

That is brutal.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Brutally unfunny

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

BastardySkull posted:

Brutally unfunny

Yeah, I'm not laughing, i'm more surprised that they published that. It's not exactly sympathetic to the victims of Saville.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Steve Bell sometimes gets things wrong.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

I laughed at the idea of Jeremy Hunt saying sorry.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on David Cameron's plans in Europe – David Cameron has been in Europe this week trying to dissuade other EU national leaders from nominating Jean-Claude Juncker as president of the European commission." Also Sarajevo marks 100 years since Archduke Franz Ferdinand shooting

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Caravaggio.

Times:

Stephen Collins:

:goatdrugs:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"'Coleridge' Cameron's ship is becalmed - Chris Riddell on the woes besetting the prime minister" Also Wonga chased debt using fake law firms, says FCA

Sunday Telegraph:

Cameron comes under attack after defeat in EU row

Independent on Sunday:

Turns out he's Bizarro Farage!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Prince Charles's political meddling – Former education secretary says Prince Charles tried to influence policy, while others say he lobbied on GM and alternative medicine" After Gillray.

Telegraph:

Independent:

Jean-Claude Juncker 'will address UK concerns'

Times:

Jon Cruddas and Rachel Reeves reported to watchdog; England fan has piece of ear 'bitten off' at World Cup

Express:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron and Jean-Claude Juncker – David Cameron's report to the Commons after the Ypres summit attempted to airbrush a crushing defeat as a glorious victory for principle"

Independent:

Dolly Parton draws huge crowd to Glastonbury Pyramid stage

Times:

Isis rebels declare 'Islamic state' in Iraq and Syria

Express:

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I, for one, think the McCaliphate looks pretty boss.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

The Times's Salmond stuff is funny as a parody of all the extreme hyperbole around Scottish independence, until you realise nobody's actually saying this stuff except the Times, and they're basically parodying themselves. Can't wait to see Salmond Mouse as Hitler!

Also more BBC poodles. More!

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Puntification posted:

I, for one, think the McCaliphate looks pretty boss.

The McCaliphate should team up with the Sheikh of Wales imo.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
Is that supposed to be Edinburgh Castle? Why does it looks like a house?

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
It looks like that from some sides

Edit: found better example

ClownSyndrome fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jul 1, 2014

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
Yeah, I take that back, he's actually done a pretty good likeness. The castle isn't badly done either.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Forums Terrorist posted:

The McCaliphate should team up with the Sheikh of Wales imo.

It would make a good buddy movie.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Independent:

Labour plan to give economic power to English cities

Times:

Monty Python motto: 'Leave them wanting less'

Express:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Celebrate your battle, hahahah oh god. A new low for Thomas, and I don't say that lightly

Miliband kinda looks like he's rocking the chard there

nuzak
Feb 13, 2012
I do like how the sentence naturally suggests "victory", nobody says "celebrate your battle". good way of saying "you tried your best".

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

baka kaba posted:

Celebrate your battle, hahahah oh god. A new low for Thomas, and I don't say that lightly

Miliband kinda looks like he's rocking the chard there

Chard or rhubarb?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Every time I see someone do this "Oh he's taking the spirit of Thatcher" shite it just makes me so glad that people openly celebrated her death. They're going to be trying to rewrite history to make her a saint.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Thatcher will be idolised in the same superficial terms as Mother Teresa or Ghandi, thanks to a population carefully indoctrinated with a Great British Education About British Values And Great British People, and millions of kids will study Thomas as a primary source in history lessons

Rust Martialis posted:

Chard or rhubarb?

I know it's meant to be rhubarb (unless there's a burn in there somewhere) but the leaf looks too small. I'm sticking with chard on this one :catbert:

(chard is cool)

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Yesterday's Guardian:

"Steve Bell on events in the West Bank this week – The bodies of three missing Israeli teenagers who disappeared almost three weeks ago have been found buried in a shallow grave under rocks in a valley close to the southern West Bank city of Hebron."

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Egyptian government reforms – A year after Morsi was removed from power in Egypt, Tony Blair has agreed to advise the Egyptian president, Abdel Fattah el-Sisi, on economic reform."

Tuesday's Telegraph:

Unite presses Ed Miliband for EU referendum pledge

Yesterday's Telegraph:

Ex-President Nicolas Sarkozy: Case against me 'political'

Telegraph:

Andy Murray loses to Grigor Dimitrov in Wimbledon quarters; Tour de France 2014 to set off from Leeds

Independent:

Times:

Express:

UK house prices surpass 2007 peak, says Nationwide

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Were people aware of how much of a poo poo Tony Blair was when he became Labour leader?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Badger of Basra posted:

Were people aware of how much of a poo poo Tony Blair was when he became Labour leader?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmwqEg-06Ww

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Really like the toothed hat in that Bell.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

What is that supposed to be at 3:00 that reveals the Labour logo? A burning rear end in a top hat?

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

Alot of people were skeptical on the left but they just had Thatcher then Major. The first three years of Blair was pretty great, increased NHS funding, introduced the minimum wage, significant changes to legislation relating to rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people during Blair's period in office. Gay sex was put down to 16 same as hetrosexual sex. 2001 - 2005 is when he started to go downhill, he still did some good domestically but it started to get really weird. Iraq War aside for a second he made it so Transgender people were given the right to change their birth certificate to reflect their new gender as a result of the Gender Recognition Act 2004. Introduced Employment Equality (Sexual Orientation) Regulations 2003. Adoption by gay couples was legalised. It goes on and on, I still think he is a sack of poo poo but he still was better then Thatcher. 2001 was when you saw him slightly going down, 2003 was when he started going quite crazy eyed with regard to Iraq and all the PR bullshit, backstabbing, Hutton report etc. He's still a poo poo, but you got to know when some shits have done good. Cause the good Blair did outweights the good Thatcher did. I'd rather not have either.

SedanChair posted:

What is that supposed to be at 3:00 that reveals the Labour logo? A burning rear end in a top hat?

You think about them that much? I don't see that.

Fluo fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jul 3, 2014

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

Look at all those Islington bell ends.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Metrication posted:

Look at all those Islington bell ends.

Look at all those pastel colours. :shepface:

Bring back earth tones!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbRksgUWWj8&t=386s

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on George Osborne's refusal to answer boy's maths question – Chancellor boasts of A-level maths but dodges question on eight times table from seven-year-old boy"

Telegraph:

Scottish independence: Alex Salmond warns of austerity threat

Independent:

Get behind my mission, Miliband tells bosses

Times:

UK airports running 'as normal' after US terror warning

Express:

RSPCA refuses to remove feral cat destroying couple's home

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Yesterday's Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Andy Coulson - Former Conservative spin doctor and News of the World editor Andy Coulson begins his 18-month prison sentence for plotting to hack phones"

Observer:

" Look who's pointing the finger - Chris Riddell on Conservative attempts to discredit the Labour leader"

Yesterday's Telegraph:

Queen names new Royal Navy aircraft carrier in Rosyth

Sunday Telegraph:

Neymar: Brazil forward out of 2014 Fifa World Cup with back injury

Independent on Sunday:

Google reinstates 'forgotten' links after pressure

Yesterday's Times:

Stephen Collins:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Cloud Potato posted:

Observer:

" Look who's pointing the finger - Chris Riddell on Conservative attempts to discredit the Labour leader"
I absolutely love this one art-wise. It's nice to see party leaders depicted outside their usual stereotypes for once.

Milliband wanking silly, though, I don't like.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Ouch, could he not have just flipped Salmond the other way round? The perspective here is loving atrocious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I don't believe I have ever seen Alex Salmond wear a kilt.

• Locked thread