Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Mortabis posted:

:negative: NOOOOooooo my T-34s :qq:

I guess that's their solution to the cheap tank spam problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

In part. And the accuracy changes, with some other stuff.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Justin Tyme posted:

Is there an indigenous East German designed assault rifle that isn't an AK variant?

They had the Wieger-940 series of indigenous small arms in development when the wall came crashing down.

Magni fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jul 6, 2014

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Christ, the pubbie tears that will be coming after the autoloader/accuracy/pricing adjustments and new NSWP units.

Pact OP, secret dev counter-bias

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
PACT needs to be OP for a little bit, last time I played getting pubbies on the Red side of games was basically impossible.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Mazz posted:

PACT needs to be OP for a little bit, last time I played getting pubbies on the Red side of games was basically impossible.
I can't even remember the last time I played NATO because I tend to just play whatever side I land on first... which means I always end up on Pact.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
As pact I always seem to be on a super team that slaps NATO silly...and when I'm on NATO I get massacred with my team...anecdotal evidence.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Top Hats Monthly posted:

As pact I always seem to be on a super team that slaps NATO silly...and when I'm on NATO I get massacred with my team...anecdotal evidence.

Obviously the retards are going to flood the popular faction.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Stabilizer nerf is a stealth buff to good guns with no stab. They will no longer take a 5% shot and then be in reload cycle when their 50+% shot comes up. I turn off my AMX-10 guns sometimes when a shot is important and I'm feeling micro ey.

Also I assume the missile accuracy will get bad when the unit moves just like all SA missiles.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Presenting, the Kpz T-72M1, which has had far less drastic buffs than the T-80B. Specific buffs are 8rpm, a tiny bit more ACC, a bit more STAB and a spoonful of fuel efficiency. Oh and autoloader goodness, of course.

Edit: also the T-72BU

Edit: Also the T-80UM. All thanks to the tank man

OctaMurk fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jul 7, 2014

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Tell me they're not just adding that autoloader mechanic without making it a visible weapon attribute.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

40% stabilized accuracy. :ussr: The T-80 is back in a big way!

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Elukka posted:

Tell me they're not just adding that autoloader mechanic without making it a visible weapon attribute.

Heheh, Eugen making vital information visible, that's a good one

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

OctaMurk posted:

Heheh, Eugen making vital information visible, that's a good one

Holy loly though way to add poo poo without making it visible at all to new players.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

There was a medium tanks image but I couldn't find it again; basically the T-64A is kind of a piece of garbage now at 50 points with 30% accuracy, the M60A3 has crazy accuracy, the Japanese Type 74 mod E has 10 rpm autoloader with 65% acc 2275m 13 AP for 50 points; Leo 1s have accuracy buffs. That T-55AMV looks pretty bad next to that 1A5 tbh. Also Strv 103Cs with 15rpm autoloaders heheh.

Predicting that 80-100 point tanks such as the Leo2, T-72B1 are going to be much more popular than before because you can get enough AP to knock things over, enough accuracy to hit things very consistently, and enough survivability to stick around for a bit; ultra-high end tanks still going to have the same role as before, mediums that have especially high acc such as the M60A3 and Type 74 mod E or relatively good armor such as the T-72A / T-72 will see more use but others that are mediocre in all aspects such as the T-64A will be even more marginalized than before, and cheap tanks will be marginalized because they are more expensive and will also get knocked out rapidly by the new high acc tanks.

OctaMurk fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jul 7, 2014

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

That Vasilek rate of fire.... that's higher than it is currently right?

Thing is gonna be nasty for suppressing things in support of taking ground now. If they are making heavy tanks that much more lethal, why not drop the price of lovely low-survivability medium tanks to be low enough to be disposable/use for probing attacks on flanks?

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
I guess the new choice unit for flank recon is going to be the cheapest tank/autocannon vehicle you can get that still has a stabilizer.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Did they ever fix the hosed up miserable AA balance or should i just wait for the next game?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Tulip posted:

Did they ever fix the hosed up miserable AA balance or should i just wait for the next game?

Apparently that's one of the DLC changes.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
M1A2 doesn't seem to be the unstoppable powerhouse among tanks it once was. Everything got buffed to its level (except in AP). Ah well.

e: also its autonomy got cut a smidgen

Shambles
Dec 8, 2003
Has anyone found a hack or mod or whateverthehell to make the campaign in this coopable yet? drat you Eugen for tking away my favourite thing in ALB!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Mortabis posted:

M1A2 doesn't seem to be the unstoppable powerhouse among tanks it once was. Everything got buffed to its level (except in AP). Ah well.

e: also its autonomy got cut a smidgen

Yep :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

http://www.wargame-ee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=155&t=46691&p=613776#p613776

poo poo poster, but what do you all think?

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jul 7, 2014

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I am amassing an amazing loss ratio as NATO. It's bad and I am bad.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
I think fundamentally the autoloader change is loving stupid and adds even more complexity to a game already suffering from overdesign.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Veterancy already acts as a "ROF boost" for manual loading tanks in the sense that it increases your suppression resistance, so upvet M1A2s etc would maintain their advantage over PACT autoloaders for a longer time. PACT receives no such equivalent bonus from veterancy.

I obviously haven't played so I don't know the real effects of this yet, but just looking at the stat cards for the T-80B vs. the Leo2, the autoloader advantage seems to be clearly taken into account for the T-80B, or for the T-72A vs. the M60A3 as well. At the high end, the auto-loader advantage does not seem to have as large an impact on the price; maybe the solution would be to increase the veterancy of high end NATO tanks to give them more suppression resistance?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Mortabis posted:

I think fundamentally the autoloader change is loving stupid and adds even more complexity to a game already suffering from overdesign.

I've been out of the game since not long after release so maybe i've forfeited my right to an opinion but i can't name any way in which this sounds like a good idea. Morale is already an arcane mechanic to most players and this just adds a layer of obscurantism that appeals to grogs who think they should have gameplay advantages because of their masturbation material of choice. The tank price model is hosed like 10 different ways, how is this going to make it easier to balance? How does this address any of the core mechanical issues confronting Wargame, save possibly adding another thing to piss people off so they get further from doing the boring parts of balance? Just as somebody who likes good game design it's ugly and really discouraging to see from a developer that i thought, briefly, had competence.

Also i just want to stick it to those grogs because gently caress 'em.

Panzeh posted:

Apparently that's one of the DLC changes.

OK more specifically did they ever get their heads out of their asses on "all radar missiles should have identical ROF" because holy poo poo what a dumb change.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Tulip posted:

I've been out of the game since not long after release so maybe i've forfeited my right to an opinion but i can't name any way in which this sounds like a good idea. Morale is already an arcane mechanic to most players and this just adds a layer of obscurantism that appeals to grogs who think they should have gameplay advantages because of their masturbation material of choice. The tank price model is hosed like 10 different ways, how is this going to make it easier to balance? How does this address any of the core mechanical issues confronting Wargame, save possibly adding another thing to piss people off so they get further from doing the boring parts of balance? Just as somebody who likes good game design it's ugly and really discouraging to see from a developer that i thought, briefly, had competence.

Also i just want to stick it to those grogs because gently caress 'em.

OK more specifically did they ever get their heads out of their asses on "all radar missiles should have identical ROF" because holy poo poo what a dumb change.

Could always lower the RoF difference from morale, but increase the Aim/RoF difference. So that way, manuals will fire a few seconds slower but autos wont be going full-tilt either.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
The manual/autoloader change is good in principle if price and other stats take it into account. More faction diversity is always nice, and it's another factor for tank balance, which gives you another lever to adjust without having touch Accuracy, Armor, AP, RoF or Cost.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

The primary limiting factor in *real world* conditions is the ability for the commander and gunner to search for, then select a target, then slew the gun into position and correctly find the range; Not having the round ready to go.

Auto-loaders are no more immune to human frailty than a manually loaded tank.

Gameplay wise it's needless complexity and specificity added to a model heavily based on abstractions.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

But Abstractions based on Authenticity. That's why we've got different guided weapon seeker tags instead of just having guided missiles period. Autoloaders is at the same level of detail.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Except it's not authentic, at all.

It's pretty much going to be suppressed weapons 2.0 a pointless flavor change with unintended consequences.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Infidelicious posted:

Except it's not authentic, at all.

It's pretty much going to be suppressed weapons 2.0 a pointless flavor change with unintended consequences.

It's not going to change that much, in my opinion, other than the top level tank balance. No stabs basically being STAT is a much bigger change.

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006
At the very least the laser focus being taken off of only the most super optimal options is a hugely welcome change of pace. The differences between the frontline main MBT's is a lot smaller, with some factional quirks, and they are all generally getting priced toward usefulness. Medium tanks actually being able to hit things makes them more effective against everything in the game, and potentially even worth bringing in as 2 Leo1A5's may actually provide some competitive edge or difference over the Leo2A1, where as previously they were just useless and a waste of money.

If your fights come down to "but mah M1A2's denigrated rate of fire from morale means this T-80U is unfairly outmatching me" well, you're already over the hump. Especially considering the advantages most other NATO tanks already posses. Jesus, look at the Type 90 now. What an insane bargain that thing is when you factor in its high availability.

I still agree that targeting time is absolutely the deciding factor in tank warfare, but if we can't get that these little balance and flavor changes sure don't bother me.

Also, 2800m range AP24 move and fire Invars. Move and shoot soviet tank missiles in general. That's just going to be positively a giggle machine and considering our majority RedFor playerbase we should be jumping for joy at that (historically accurate) silly change.

GoLambo fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jul 8, 2014

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
I don't think autoloaders are going to be gamebreakers and besides, it adds another way to differentiate tanks and is a cool mechanic. Any balance issues with autoloaders can be solved by for example, changing the floor on ROF loss due to panic as Guggy brought up.

Even if autoloaders have maximum ROF when they're panicked--they still have bad ACC/STAB due to panic, bad aim time, and they could ROUT. You're probably not going to keep your panicked tanks in a slugging match whether they are autoloaders or manual loaders, and we aren't going to see regularly some kind of ridiculous "panicked tanks vs panicked tanks" mass armor battles where an armored force triumphs because of the autoloaders. It's a nice little flavor thing, but I don't think it's a game decider.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

At least the Leopard 1A5 had its price come down. I'm not sure how I feel about increasing the amount of accurate fire on a battlefield already dominated by firepower but I suppose if you aren't going to reduce firepower in general then giving maneuver elements some of that firepower is a decent way to go.

I still think aim time should be changed to a sliding scale where old/big guns aim slower and new/small guns aim fast. Would give stuff like the IKV-91 and other modern support guns a clearer role than just miniature tank. Modern MBT guns would end up somewhere in the middle of the range and stuff like the Centurion, T-34, Su-125 etc. would have their price efficiency taken down a few pegs by having poor aim times. T-72 would probably have poor aim times as well but could use another price nerf. Maybe the T-64 could find a spot again by aiming and shooting fast.

Actually you could just tie it to the optics stat if you were lazy. :shrug:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Arghhhh my proposal to get the Morale RoF penalty lessened to 33% at worst for Manuals was rejected :(

Hopefully things work out ok!

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Dandywalken posted:

Arghhhh my proposal to get the Morale RoF penalty lessened to 33% at worst for Manuals was rejected :(

Hopefully things work out ok!

Honestly man I think your points were somewhat missing the mark as already the quality of those manual loader tanks was such that they don't need more advantages. As I said in Marhsals, the autoloader doesn't help you if the tank is dead already.

Not that I have any more input to the DLC/balance, I just got kicked from the Marshals for putting the information out there.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Xerxes17 posted:

Not that I have any more input to the DLC/balance, I just got kicked from the Marshals for putting the information out there.

I was just informed. I'm sorry to see ya go man, you've busted your back hardcore to get a lovely community on its feet with the info it needs to at least try and compete with established players (your tutorials and charts), plus hard work on your mod meant to improve gameplay for everyone.

I went to bed, woke up and you'd been removed. This was news to me :(

But to those who want a thoroughly cultivated and balanced PVP experience, it wont be the default version of RD I'll be suggesting to them :)

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jul 8, 2014

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Xerxes17 posted:

Why'd you do that anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
Oh by the way, going back a page or two, you guys put up some good arguments about the hind changes. I never minded the weapon load out so much as its price, and although I still think it's a little bit overpriced in my gut, it seems somewhat more reasonable after some of the posts. Either way, it was dumb of me to get worked up about it without even testing it out.

• Locked thread