Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I feel like every backstage segment is a contest to make Renee corpse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I'm guessing that they are booking Cesaro like a loving chump so Paul Heyman will eventually drop him, setting him off on his babyface run, but the crowd is completely :geno: about him now. They missed the opportunity of a lifetime by not turning him after his star making moment at WM30.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

WWE has a magical ability to make no one care about anyone. Sometimes it just takes a bit.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
That uh...was a really weird Paige promo there ripped from the past with little to no context.

Are they shipping Paige back to NXT without even giving her an actual match against AJ?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Stealthed Zombie posted:

That uh...was a really weird Paige promo there ripped from the past with little to no context.

Are they shipping Paige back to NXT without even giving her an actual match against AJ?

What did she say?

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

Daniel Bryan posted:

What did she say?

It was her "I'm the NXT Women's Champ" promo.

To be fair, I haven't been watching a lot of the network so they could have been airing that thing for months after she became Divas champ.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wrong. He's not getting Cesaro over, he's actively making me not want to watch Cesaro.

Don't worry now we get to watch him lose as well! That'll fix it!

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011
King Kong Bundy is wrestling Mabel right now on an episode of Raw. It's like watching an Easter egg wrestle a regular egg.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Why are they showing one of the most notoriously awful PPVs of all time now, haha.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

laz0rbeak posted:

King Kong Bundy is wrestling Mabel right now on an episode of Raw. It's like watching an Easter egg wrestle a regular egg.

That Raw was weird, with Vince & HBK doing all the commentary via Green Screen. Did they do that a lot back in the day when dubbing over commentary?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Random RVD vs. Jeff Hardy hardcore title match stuck right between total Divas episodes :lol:

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Bayley's music is atrocious, but at least it means Lynch wasn't doing a jig.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I have missed hearing Regal chop down Byron Saxton.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Much better use of Becky in this match

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Pretty decent match. Everyone there has potential to do well. Still kinda annoyed about Sasha getting lovely chants, she deserves better

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Oh poo poo Tyson is shooting!

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
"Justin, you're a main-roster star."
-A thing Tyson Kidd said, seriously

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

fatherdog posted:

"Justin, you're a main-roster star."
-A thing Tyson Kidd said, seriously
Hey Main Event and Superstars technically occur during the main shows!

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Tyson...you're already in purgatory.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

:laffo: this CJ Parker titantron

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Oh Christ, CJ's wrestling.

But Regal's commentating it! :woop:

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Steve Cutler has the perfect face for a smug heel.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

That's right Regal, gently caress Panda Bears, if they don't want to gently caress and have cubs then they deserve to go extinct.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Parker's new music reminds me of an off-key "Valleri".

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Does Parker have stretch marks on his pecs/shoulders or has he been injecting Venom

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I can't not see Hornswoggle's face in CJ' Parker's.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

fatherdog posted:

Does Parker have stretch marks on his pecs/shoulders or has he been injecting Venom
Maybe he used to be fat? Those stretch marks don't go away even after getting in shape.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Inset video promos and sit down interviews? NXT has the best production of all the WWE shows.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

That was a pretty neat move there, a sort of air raid crash brainbuster/shoulderbreaker...thing

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

That was a pretty neat move there, a sort of air raid crash brainbuster/shoulderbreaker...thing
Okada does that move a lot

And :lol: fans thinking Zayn is going to do a brainbusttaa

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Sweet transition!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

No International Airstrike has become International Dronestrike! :ohdear:

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I didn't know Titus knew that many moves. That stunner was actually pretty nice.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I get the idea of showing old Great American Bashes on July 4, but holy cow was GAB '04 loving bad

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Fag Boy Jim posted:

I get the idea of showing old Great American Bashes on July 4, but holy cow was GAB '04 loving bad

'05 was also an all-time bad show, save for Rey/Eddie.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
What the gently caress is that ending to Clash of Champions '92? Spin the Wheel Saloon? Jake the Snake in WCW? Horrible acting from Sting? Bonus points for it coming on at 4:30 in the morning.

And now King of the Ring '97. Ahmed Johnson vs Hunter. Maybe I'm still asleep and this has all been a weird dream.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Static Rook posted:

What the gently caress is that ending to Clash of Champions '92? Spin the Wheel Saloon? Jake the Snake in WCW? Horrible acting from Sting? Bonus points for it coming on at 4:30 in the morning.

Please don't mock the WCW mini-films that they made to promote future PPVs tia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwYh9oX1vTE

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
GAB '95 actually wasn't terrible considering how bad WCW could be in 1995. A really rare good main event, too.

GAB 2000 is on now, and I do not expect great things.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Oh my god, someone at WWE bothered to put a big "ITEM NO LONGER AVAILABLE" caption on the Hulk Hogan Raft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

Call Me Charlie posted:

I'm guessing that they are booking Cesaro like a loving chump so Paul Heyman will eventually drop him, setting him off on his babyface run, but the crowd is completely :geno: about him now. They missed the opportunity of a lifetime by not turning him after his star making moment at WM30.

This is probably the story coming out of Battleground

• Locked thread