Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
An up coming episode title may clue us in on what's to come. I believe it's the episode after this upcoming one.

Brother's End! Zangetsu VS Shin Zangetsu!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

That doesn't specify which brother is ending.

So there's an equal chance it could be Takatora they are offing

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN
FUCKING BATMAN I FUCKING HATE YOU

Burkion posted:

An up coming episode title may clue us in on what's to come. I believe it's the episode after this upcoming one.

Brother's End! Zangetsu VS Shin Zangetsu!

Can't wait to see Melon Energy Micchy get utterly annihilated by regular old Melon. I've always preferred vanilla Zangetsu myself.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Hey Guys, remember that Shadow Moon Black relationship Gen wanted to do?

It's happening

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Cruel Rose posted:

Can't wait to see Melon Energy Micchy get utterly annihilated by regular old Melon. I've always preferred vanilla Zangetsu myself.

BY HEAVEN'S DECREE

Thurm
Nov 11, 2008
Roshuo is not fooling around with invading Earth. And Takatora vs Micchi next week!

Man, I sometimes wish I was binge watching this show and not having to wait a week between episodes. And apparently ep 37 is another movie tie-in. :argh:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Thurm posted:

And apparently ep 37 is another movie tie-in. :argh:

This is the price we pay for dancing with Toei.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

This week was loving HEARTBREAKING.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Thurm posted:

Gaim is an unbelievable hit, so Toei's gonna be shilling everything they can with it. Just marketing 101, really--if you have a popular product, see if you can get other products to springboard off of it.
What's left that could use a boost? Maybe next we'll have the pleasure(?) of a Precure crossover or something.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

TerminusEst13 posted:

Gaim is an unbelievable hit, so Toei's gonna be shilling everything they can with it. Just marketing 101, really--if you have a popular product, see if you can get other products to springboard off of it.
What's left that could use a boost? Maybe next we'll have the pleasure(?) of a Precure crossover or something.

Precure crossover done roger rabbit style. :getin:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Man, Aesir is slow this week.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Darth Walrus posted:

Man, Aesir is slow this week.

Gaim wasn't very good this week, so don't sweat it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Potsticker posted:

Gaim wasn't very good this week, so don't sweat it.

Yeah, you may as well skip this week's episode. You wont miss anything important.

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Incidentally subs are out

Haven't actually got around to watching it yet, will probably do tomorrow.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Don't worry, I promise.

:getin:

linall
Feb 1, 2007

Thurm posted:

So for whatever reason episode 37 registered in my brain as the episode out this week. So I spent the first ten minutes wondering where the hell the movie tie in was going to fit in. I was hopelessly confused.

That said, episode was fantastic. It's just one long sustained rising action.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

TerminusEst13 posted:

Gaim is an unbelievable hit

It's doing well ratings wise as well as merchandising wise then? Does that mean Drive might follow it up in terms of ditching the two episode arc thing and actually have a story and some solid character growth as well? God I hope so.

linall posted:

That said, episode was fantastic. It's just one long sustained rising action.

Yea, I loved this weeks episode. Flew by. Seeing Micchy trying to build up a little replacement family for himself and literally none of them buying it was nice. It also makes me think he isn't long for this world. If Rat and that other girl had actaully stuck by him I'd think maybe he would be around for another while, but with everyone abandoning him and nothing left to stand with except Reshu I can't see him lasting long. Especially given that the King is stepping up his game and making himself more of a threat, and one that it looks like Gaim will need a team to take on. Having Micchy in the way for the last 10 episodes seems like it'd be more of a distraction than a bonus at this point.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
I don't know, I still have this nagging worry that they're going to try and redeem him, which would sour me on the entire thing pretty quickly. I know who the writer is and everything, but that sneaking suspicion is still there at the back of my mind.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Also that shot of Micchy illuminated by the sun was hilarious.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
That was an insane episode. Superb stuff. Wow. I'm thinking the preview is being extremely deceptive and Takatora is the one who is murdered by Micchy and the Overlords at the last second. But I'm hoping it doesn't happen because Takatora is the best and I want him to be a real player in the plot again. :( Then again, that outcome would be too easy, so maybe not? It's tough to say. Since Micchy was deathflagged nine ways to Sunday too.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

Killer Queen posted:

That was an insane episode. Superb stuff. Wow. I'm thinking the preview is being extremely deceptive and Takatora is the one who is murdered by Micchy and the Overlords at the last second. But I'm hoping it doesn't happen because Takatora is the best and I want him to be a real player in the plot again. :( Then again, that outcome would be too easy, so maybe not? It's tough to say. Since Micchy was deathflagged nine ways to Sunday too.

For those in the know, what happens between Shadowmoon and Black? Might be a good way to figure out what happens.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

He comes back to job to the sentai team every year.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dante Logos posted:

For those in the know, what happens between Shadowmoon and Black? Might be a good way to figure out what happens.

What, you mean before RX bastardized the entire thing?

Basically, Black kills Shadow Moon by slicing through his belt with the Satan Saber. Something we could easily see reproduced here, with Takatora holding his own Saber.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
I've never wanted a Monday to arrive so fast in my life.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
I think that this time I'm actually going to try watching the raw when it streams. Magenta & Caphi are normally very good about avoiding spoilers before the release drops, but with everyone else that I follow chances are I'm going to run facefirst into an untagged spoiler somewhere, so I might as well just watch it and get what I can out of it.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeO8JzAhaiE

I'm sure actual Gaim is recorded the same way

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Level Slide posted:

Actual Baron only spins the lock once, obviously not true fans.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Level Slide posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNpKb7TWePg

It gets even better.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
In adorable somewhat-Gaim-related news...

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
Gaim 36 subs are out: http://aesirsubs.wordpress.com/2014/07/06/kamen-rider-gaim-36/

I am slightly disappointed with the Micchy/Melonbowl arc so far and hows its been handled so far. Part of me acknowledges that this is very much a sidearc to the more important ongoings of the world and the invasion but part of me wants this sidearc to have a cathartic end. Micchy and his dealings have been a very uninteresting and annoying part of the invasion and to see him and his issues with his brother end this way doesn't feel right. I want there to be catharsis. I want Micchy to see what he's done and correct himself. I want him to be a true Kamen rider. This though? the fight on the pier? this isn't what i wanted.

That said though, Kaito getting infected? Kouta becoming even more of an inhuman the more he uses Kiwami? Micchy potentially debasing himself and facing his demons? holy poo poo

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?

scaterry posted:

Gaim 36 subs are out: http://aesirsubs.wordpress.com/2014/07/06/kamen-rider-gaim-36/

I want there to be catharsis. I want Micchy to see what he's done and correct himself. I want him to be a true Kamen rider. This though? the fight on the pier? this isn't what i wanted.

Regarding the above: Really? THAT'S what you want? Like all I want at this point is to see Micchy dead and buried under a ton of glowy fruit-based special effects. If the little shithead is alive at the end of the series I honestly think it'll really reflect negatively on the entire show for me.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

scaterry posted:

doesn't feel right.

Because it's not right. He is not right. He is evil, like D&D-style Evil with a capital E. He does not do "right".

There is no up for him. He is going down more and more because he is a full-on antagonist, and you build characters up as villains by doing things that are not "right".

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
That isn't how that was supposed to go down at all. Goddamn it Gaim.

loving punish Micchy for his bullshit already. :argh:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So, if the Black/Moon parallels are totally intended here and they drat well seem to be given how the first fight THERE ended, Michi is not long for this world.

I wonder if Takatora is going to be best friends with a whale.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

Burkion posted:

So, if the Black/Moon parallels are totally intended here and they drat well seem to be given how the first fight THERE ended, Michi is not long for this world.

I wonder if Takatora is going to be best friends with a whale.

I don't care if it is cheesy, a last minute save and reveal would be awesome.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Dante Logos posted:

I don't care if it is cheesy, a last minute save and reveal would be awesome.

He'll find a lockseed deep under the ocean.

LOCK ON!

SOIYA! SEAWEED ARMS! BY NEPTUNE'S DECREE!

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Haven't seen Black so I don't know about any parallels but at the moment I'm really seeing the next real episode opening with Micchy jumping in to the water to save Takatora and I really, really hope I am wrong about that. I like Takatora and want him to live but not at the expense of Micchy getting a drat redemption arc.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

dordreff posted:

Haven't seen Black so I don't know about any parallels but at the moment I'm really seeing the next real episode opening with Micchy jumping in to the water to save Takatora and I really, really hope I am wrong about that. I like Takatora and want him to live but not at the expense of Micchy getting a drat redemption arc.

In Kamen Rider Black, the two brothers Shadow Moon and Black had two real fights.

The first, Black was winning decidedly, but ended up losing because he still loved his brother too much to kill him and land the final blow-he hesitated and got mortally wounded and cast into the ocean. Then a whale saved him!

The second ultimately ended with Black killing his brother with a well placed slash to his belt.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
So I guess I need to go watch Black now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
As amusing as soccer antics look, now of all times to have another movie tie-in is a little unfortunate. But I hope Takatora is saved by a whale and returns to finish off Micchy! It'll feel totally wrong if Kouta ends Micchy, since it really isn't his fight.

• Locked thread