Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

Definitely illegal shots but I'm not really sure how much of a difference it made on the end result. Then again, I'm not the guy getting smashed in the occipital lobe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011
Weidman looking good/wearing concealer.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Anthony Bourdain chilling with Weidman

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
We need to see more fighters doing big clubbing hammerfists to the back of the head when the guy is rocked, effective technique

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
The refs need to get better at enforcing rules. That would please me.

Side note: Looking good, Chris!

Glad to see Machida left his mark.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

Mavis Beacon Boi posted:

Definitely illegal shots but I'm not really sure how much of a difference it made on the end result. Then again, I'm not the guy getting smashed in the occipital lobe.

Yeah, might not have mattered if he'd kept hitting him with LEGAL shots, but A) it's a rule and B) it's completely disregarding safety.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

I'm guessing they got rid of the "plaque" style of TUF trophy after Roy Nelson rubbed his belly all over it

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Aside from the illegal strikes, that was a cool performance by Eddie Gordon. I wish he would have performed like that on the show instead of looking like a bad training partner for Weidman the entire time

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
And now, your prize, the TUF Crystal Dick

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Street Horrrsing posted:

I'm guessing they got rid of the "plaque" style of TUF trophy after Roy Nelson rubbed his belly all over it

Nah they had it for a few more seasons after that. I think they dropped it for the Jon Jones/Chael Sonnen season of TUF.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
That was a nice dick kick by Puig.

tonesville
Apr 25, 2010
Nice shot!

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Is there like no one there? Seems like most of the seats are empty.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
That was a prelim fight replay.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

slev posted:

Is there like no one there? Seems like most of the seats are empty.

The Puig fight was from earlier in the night when fewer people show up. As for now, it's filled in nicely but there's probably a lot of fatigue from fans who watched UFC 175 and also from fans that had to leave Vegas for work on Monday.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
I walked away to get some food, what happened after black beast did a heavyweight on guy?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

SquirrelGrip posted:

I walked away to get some food, what happened after black beast did a heavyweight on guy?

Gordon vs Lima was the middleweight TUF finale fight. Gordon landed a huge overhand right that wobbled Lima, and then when Lima was up against the fence Gordon reigned down these clubbing strikes to the back of Lima's head. Yves Lavigne didn't catch it and Lima was hosed. He managed to survive a few more seconds but he was finished.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
"Training with Chris Leben"

*incoherent gibberish*

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Bubba Smith posted:

Gordon vs Lima was the middleweight TUF finale fight. Gordon landed a huge overhand right that wobbled Lima, and then when Lima was up against the fence Gordon reigned down these clubbing strikes to the back of Lima's head. Yves Lavigne didn't catch it and Lima was hosed. He managed to survive a few more seconds but he was finished.

how bad was the stoppage on the lavigne scale

im imagining something really bad because TUF

Hexum
Jul 23, 2003

Beastin 25/8

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
This dude's chin is ridiculous but isn't gonna last.

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009
Holy poo poo Anderson is manhandling him

Van Buren had absolutely nothing for him in this fight

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
drat the white dude got wrecked bad.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
beastin 25/8!

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

that was a shellacking

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Van Buren is complaining but should be thanking Mario.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Van Buren is complaining but should be thanking Mario.

Yep. He was getting destroyed. Good stop.

not even if sober
Jun 20, 2006

I ain't no bitch.
I don't know anything about either of those two, but the outcome was incredibly obvious based off their stances 2s into the fight.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Dude is lucky Mario didn't call it earlier when he zombie shambled around on 2 feet.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

seriously where the gently caress were these kind of fights during the show? none of those guys fought like that ever and now all of a sudden they're going for the finish and getting them in 1 minute. Thank you TUF fighters for getting us to Edgar vs Penn 3 sooner than expected.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
So far 3 great finishes by massive black men. I really couldn't believe that Eddie Gordon was a middleweight he looked like daniel cormier.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
^^^Daniel Cormier is a middleweight.

Bubba Smith posted:

seriously where the gently caress were these kind of fights during the show? none of those guys fought like that ever and now all of a sudden they're going for the finish and getting them in 1 minute. Thank you TUF fighters for getting us to Edgar vs Penn 3 sooner than expected.

Building off the Roy Nelson blueprint.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

I feel like 90% of the time the finalists get twice as good immediately after the show because they get to train in a real camp and don't have to sleep in a room with 15 other guys, 13 of whom are drunk on any given night.

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Building off the Roy Nelson blueprint.

Also that.

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.
Did he just say that Frankie's father (?) put him up in NJ for free while he was training? Holy poo poo.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
He seems legit happy :-)

Shoobis
Nov 10, 2009
I was destined to hump, but now I leave opponents with a big lump

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Is that dude the new Pat Barry?

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Is that dude the new Pat Barry?

dude.... atleast replace someone who isnt alive still

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

SquirrelGrip posted:

dude.... atleast replace someone who isnt alive still

... I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Holy gently caress :laffo: at Penn hauling the boulder underwater.

• Locked thread