Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Good point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I bet it's usually bewildered PR people who wind up fielding those questions.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

sinking belle posted:

I bet it's usually bewildered PR people who wind up fielding those questions.

From my experience, if you're not a douchebag, usually the creators will be happy to field them and let you know stuff, even if they just make it up on the spot or toss off multiple theories in one shot.

It's worth noting that "my experience" is old creators of 90s FPSes that haven't seen big releases in a while.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Didn't Command have some endings where characters actually become racers?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

IronicDongz posted:

Didn't Command have some endings where characters actually become racers?

Just the one ending.

Fox and Falco convert their Arwings into 'G-Zero' cars after Star Wolf's team steals the Star Fox name and becomes beloved by the entire galaxy (and steals Fox's girlfriend).

Command has really weird endings.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

If they made a new F-Zero game and had those two as unlockable characters if the game detects Star Fox U data on your system, that would be a pretty great thing.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Crawfish posted:

If they made a new F-Zero game, that would be a pretty great thing.

Your sentence was too long.

G-Zero was a Virtual Boy game that got canned, so I'm surprised that wasn't mentioned in their conspiracy theory. It wasn't just a play on the F-Zero name, it was actually going to be a thing.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Better still I find is that their theory revolves around black holes and space anomalies and poo poo to explain how James could have wound up in F-Zero, but has nothing to say about how we went from an animal to a person who has a resemblance to said animal. :v:

Here, easier theory: space is big. These games take place in space. They're all just in different parts of space!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

F-Zero is an alternate Universe where all the animals are human instead, and Falco has a goatee.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

Just the one ending.

Fox and Falco convert their Arwings into 'G-Zero' cars after Star Wolf's team steals the Star Fox name and becomes beloved by the entire galaxy (and steals Fox's girlfriend).

Command has really weird endings.

This is my personal canon ending. Because Wolf is cooler and more consistent/efficient.

*hits up on pad* Aaaaooooooooooooo

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Melee tourney http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

I dunno abuot these commentators

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Hey man, just because it's a younger player's perspective doesn't mean it's bad.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
Why does this stream seem to have a much higher framerate than Melee ever did when I actually played it?

LaserBaconMan
Jan 13, 2014
Still wearing that scarf I see :v:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Shadowlyger posted:

Why does this stream seem to have a much higher framerate than Melee ever did when I actually played it?

SSBM has always been 60FPS, but at the time it came out, most people would have been playing it in 480i (composite or s-video cables) rather than 480p (component cables). The interlacing would limit that smooth 60FPS effect.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

Butt Ghost posted:

Game Trailers sent Nintendo dozens of e-mails asking to confirm if loving James McCloud in F-Zero is the same one as in Star Fox.

James went to a better afterlife, a racing one.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Better still I find is that their theory revolves around black holes and space anomalies and poo poo to explain how James could have wound up in F-Zero, but has nothing to say about how we went from an animal to a person who has a resemblance to said animal. :v:

The characters in Star Fox are all humans, portraying them as animals is a stylistic choice.

Like Maus.

hrpff
Jun 19, 2004
undercooked Wendy's burgers or something

Ammat The Ankh posted:

The characters in Star Fox are all humans, portraying them as animals is a stylistic choice.

Like Maus.
So basically what you're saying is that the bad guys are supposed to be a bunch of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj6c-blyGS8&t=16s

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Long shot, but since Nintendo is one of Evo 2014's sponsor, I hope we get a character reveal:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHIWNJDdrCA

New 3DS trailer.

Seems like there's a Steel Diver stage.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Dunban posted:

New 3DS trailer.

9/13!?

That's just the Japanese version, isn't it?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Suspicious Cook posted:

9/13!?

That's just the Japanese version, isn't it?

Yep! The rest of the World is getting it on October 3rd (or 4th).

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

Dunban posted:

Not that I'm ruling it out, but that looks like a Steel Diver trophy being rotated.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Melee Jungle Japes stage returns for the 3rd game running. I'm cool with that.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

jivjov posted:

Melee Jungle Japes stage returns for the 3rd game running. I'm cool with that.

Screw that, give Fountain of Dreams a chance to return instead. <:mad:>

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I wish they'd bring back Saffron City. That's still my favorite stage in all of Smash Bros.

Also bring back Pokefloats, the only good scrolling stage.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The T posted:

Not that I'm ruling it out, but that looks like a Steel Diver trophy being rotated.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's a trophy. The whole thing is rotating together and doesn't seem to be animated. Not that a Steel Diver stage wouldn't be cool to have, but I don't think that's one.

Kind of weird to randomly show a close-up of a trophy when the rest of the trailer doesn't show any other trophies though.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

What's that...stage(?) at about :33 with Fox walking across some weird circle?

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Ometeotl posted:

It's going to be a variation on the Classic Mode singleplayer option, if I had to wager a guess. A "Choose Your Path" sort of difficulty selection from what the E3 footage showed.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ometeotl posted:

It looked like a Kirby: Canvas Curse stage to me.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Looked like a World Map for me. It's probably for a 1-player mode.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Dunban posted:

New 3DS trailer.

I see Samurai Goroh will return as an Assist Trophy.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
oh poo poo oh drat, in just a little over two months were gonna know the whole roster :gonk:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Holy poo poo aMSa is bodying M2K's Fox/Sheik with Yoshi!

And he took it!

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Real cool yoshi-man Amsa just beat mew2king on http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp !! Pretty cool stuff if you ask me

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Sire Oblivion posted:

And he took it!

That was the realist poo poo since Daigo unleashed the beast. Dude plays Yoshi like he's god tier.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Sire Oblivion posted:

And he took it!

I really don't give a poo poo about the Melee scene but I've been watching this tournament for some reason and holy poo poo that Yoshi

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
I always feel like I'm missing what's great about Melee tournaments because every time I tune in I see Fox and Falco with an occasional Sheik SHFFLing and waveshining all over Battlefield or Dreamland and it all just blurs together and I tune out. :shrug:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Melee is pretty god drat boring to watch at this point and for the most part I can't stand it, but then you have crazies that use Ice Climbers or Yoshi that push into the upper brackets of the tournament and things get interesting because you aren't saying the same poo poo over and over.

Basically what I'm saying is everyone should drop Melee and play Project M but most people seem to be stuck in their ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Sire Oblivion posted:

Basically what I'm saying is everyone should drop Melee and play Project M but most people seem to be stuck in their ways.

Both games are fun to watch depending which characters are used. Love it when a left field character like Mewtwo can dominate a match.

Some establishments are unlikely to use a mod, unfortunately.

• Locked thread