Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Conan the Librarian
Mar 1, 2006

I drink zee beer from zee glass but das boring, das boot? ew yeah das more like it keep pouring
I Conan the Librarian, do hereby oath these 3 T-54/55 tanks, 3 Su-100 self propelled guns, and this MiG-17. All are 15mm miniatures from Battlefront.

Just a couple more groups like this and my Egyptian army will be ready...to burn. *sigh*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I Indolent Bastard oath one 3rd Highlanders Grey Rifle (Corvus Belli)

Twelve 6mm Vikings (Baccus Miniatures)

Two 6mm scale forests (scratch build)

One 6mm scale Stone Circle (scratch build)

One Grave Digger (Reaper Miniatures)

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jul 5, 2014

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

moths posted:

I, moths, oath 10 Skeletons, a Lich King, and Morgoth the Faceless for July 2014.

All of these are 28mm, from Mantic Games for Kings of War.

(Clarification: Mantic puts a ton of extras on their sprues, but I'm just doing ten of the skeletons.)

I took an in-progress photo to clarify which skeletons I was painting:

And then I :siren:(Partial) OATH COMPLETED!:siren:

I'd like to claim Speed Painting here. I've got hundreds of these jerks to paint, so I'm doing a style and scheme that doesn't take me very long.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
I oath for this month of July, all the Deadzone mercenaries

And if you want the specifics, it's:

The Survivor
Dr. Simmonds
Recon N32-19
Nastanza
Wrath
Blaine
Oberon
Freya

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

ForkBanger posted:

I, ForkBanger, oath Ama no Zaku, Vanessa and a Student of Conflict for th emonth of July.

Under 15 posted:

I, under 15, oath the following for July:

10 Savage Orc Boar Boyz (GW, 28mm)

tweekinator posted:

I, Tweekinator, oath 3 GW Empire Halberdiers to die in Mordheim and 1 Reaper Bones Boerogg Blackrime, Frost Giant.

moths posted:

I, moths, oath 10 Skeletons, a Lich King, and Morgoth the Faceless for July 2014.

jodai posted:

I, jodai, do hereby oath these: Dahlia Hallyr and her pet snake Skarath(Privateer Press), A countryside priest, two Avalonian recruits, an Avalonian crossbowman and an Avalonian legate(Kraken editions) all 28mm

Conan the Librarian posted:

I Conan the Librarian, do hereby oath these 3 T-54/55 tanks, 3 Su-100 self propelled guns, and this MiG-17. All are 15mm miniatures from Battlefront.

Indolent Bastard posted:

I Indolent Bastard oath one 3rd Highlanders Grey Rifle (Corvus Belli)
Twelve 6mm Vikings (Baccus Miniatures)
Two 6mm scale forests (scratch build)
One 6mm scale Stone Circle (scratch build)
One Grave Digger (Reaper Miniatures)

thiswayliesmadness posted:

I oath for this month of July, all the Deadzone mercenaries
The Survivor
Dr. Simmonds
Recon N32-19
Nastanza
Wrath
Blaine
Oberon
Freya
OATHS ACCEPTED!

I'm going to be away until at least this evening and probably until tomorrow afternoon (UK) enjoying the colossal traffic snarls around the British legs of Le Tour De France, so if I don't accept anyone else's oaths until then don't worry about it! Just get started and if there's any issues I'll let you know.

Also, this is your :siren: LAST CHANCE :siren: to let me know if your completed oath is in the June photo album: https://plus.google.com/photos/101792256154658567736/albums/6032186811667644897?authkey=CLmknqmo-929Dw (how is that for early, huh? seriously, it's been so long since I've had it done in the first 9 days of the month!) Tomorrow evening, after the Formula 1 Grand Prix, or after I get back from Yorkshire, whichever is later, I'll be sending the photo evidence to the judges!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
I, Galaspar, oath one Taurox Prime half-track by Games Workshop

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

signalnoise posted:

I, signalnoise, oath these 11 Mantic Marauders from Deadzone

I have a feeling that I'm gonna fail this oath, but I gotta get these fuckers painted drat it

Hey can I amend this? After closer investigation one of the plague dudes fell into my marauder foam insert, so it's actually only 10 marauders.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for July

• 1x Magenta Mk I Battleship, 3x Marseille Light Cruisers and 4x Alma Frigates from Dystopian Wars by Spartan (1:1200)

• 1x Plague Stage 1A, 1x Plague Teraton, 2x Plague Stage 2A, 1x Plague Stage 3A "General" and 1x Plague Swarm from Deadzone by Mantic (28mm)

• 1x Eldar Support Weapon w/ 2x Guardian crew from 40k by GW (28mm)

• 1x Tesla Cannon by Underground Lasers (28mm)

Unemployed people get more spare time to paint. Another two themed groups, and hopefully the fact it's an ongoing theme for my army since I started oathing last year doesn't make my Journal busting support weapon less original. Still, got some KS stuff coming I might be able to use to make it extra special.

Multiple colours trigger warning - one base is greenstuffed but not painted, the black ones have neither. The blue on the tesla cannon is blue perspex that comes with the MDF kit, not paint.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I, Pash, Oath for the month of July, 5 GW Phoenix Guard, One GW Necromancer, and One GW Questing Knight.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

I failed my last month's Oath, but I want to Save Da Whales - how do I do that?

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

I, Vermintide, oath one Skaven Plague Furnace and one Skaven Plague Priest (GW, WHFB, 28mm)for July!

Had this bad boy sitting around unpainted for forever, I think it'll make for lots of potential for this month's journal!

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

I, Forums Terrorist, oath 3 StuG IIIs, 7 stands of German Grenadiers, and an Elefant for the month of July; all are 15mm from Battlefront for Flames Of War

Additionally, I'm going to Save Da Whales! and complete my last month's oath of 11 T-34/85s.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I'd like to make an OATH ADDITION of 10 more Skeletons, also Mantic, also for Kings of War:

No idea what's up with the lighting in my house.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

signalnoise posted:

Hey can I amend this? After closer investigation one of the plague dudes fell into my marauder foam insert, so it's actually only 10 marauders.

I'm going to let Krushgroove make this call when he gets back.

Forums Terrorist posted:

I...actually don't know how we're handling that this season. Just make sure that you call out that you Saved the Whales in your Oath Complete post, and I'll note it down somewhere.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I Raphus C Oath 5 Boyz, 1 Burna and 1 Stormboy, all 28mm GW:

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

I just post my speed painting stuff at the end of the month right? Just finished it and I have the before and after pictures with the world time clock, but the rest of my oath won't be done for a while.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Pash posted:

I just post my speed painting stuff at the end of the month right? Just finished it and I have the before and after pictures with the world time clock, but the rest of my oath won't be done for a while.

Yeah, as long as you have proof of before and after times, then it's fine to put it at the end of the month.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Iris of Ether posted:

Yeah, as long as you have proof of before and after times, then it's fine to put it at the end of the month.

Great, Thanks!

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I, MasterSlowPoke, oath 10 Ghost Ark Passengers.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

MasterSlowPoke posted:

You have to paint the cat too.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Forums Terrorist posted:

As the prize sponsor I think I have some leeway, and I don't intend to change it from previous years. Basically, declare that you're going to save the whales, and then at the end of the month when you post your oath complete, separate out your saved whales and declare them as saved whales. It's helpful if you say which month it was a failed oath from, and linking that month's oath would be even nicer on Iris of Ether.

There's no penalty for failing to finish a whales oath. Finishing a whales oath does not get you the regular month's points and stuff, so for example if you Whales your June oath, you still have to do a valid oath for July in order to get the July points. Whales'd miniatures also don't go in the photo album or get judged.

But you get an entry into the prize draw for the end of the year, and you get the satisfaction of having your models painted, so that's great! :)

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Leperflesh posted:

As the prize sponsor I think I have some leeway, and I don't intend to change it from previous years. Basically, declare that you're going to save the whales, and then at the end of the month when you post your oath complete, separate out your saved whales and declare them as saved whales. It's helpful if you say which month it was a failed oath from, and linking that month's oath would be even nicer on Iris of Ether.

There's no penalty for failing to finish a whales oath. Finishing a whales oath does not get you the regular month's points and stuff, so for example if you Whales your June oath, you still have to do a valid oath for July in order to get the July points. Whales'd miniatures also don't go in the photo album or get judged.

But you get an entry into the prize draw for the end of the year, and you get the satisfaction of having your models painted, so that's great! :)

Neat, thanks! I'll keep tabs of the Whales entries on the same tab that I'm tracking Alternate Universe, then. :)

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

SRM posted:

Thanks for the repost, would be bummed if it got lost in the shuffle :)

Anyway, now that that's done, I'm making an oath for July!
I, SRM, oath Marneus Calgar and 5 sniper scouts by Games Workshop

I'm making an oath addition! I, SRM, oath an Inquisitor STC Colonial Habitat by Games Workshop

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Galaspar posted:

I, Galaspar, oath one Taurox Prime half-track by Games Workshop

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for July

• 1x Magenta Mk I Battleship, 3x Marseille Light Cruisers and 4x Alma Frigates from Dystopian Wars by Spartan (1:1200)

• 1x Plague Stage 1A, 1x Plague Teraton, 2x Plague Stage 2A, 1x Plague Stage 3A "General" and 1x Plague Swarm from Deadzone by Mantic (28mm)

• 1x Eldar Support Weapon w/ 2x Guardian crew from 40k by GW (28mm)

• 1x Tesla Cannon by Underground Lasers (28mm)

<snip>
Multiple colours trigger warning - one base is greenstuffed but not painted, the black ones have neither. The blue on the tesla cannon is blue perspex that comes with the MDF kit, not paint.
This is fine - your greenstuff base is all one color from what I can tell, and I think we can think of greenstuff in the same way as bare plastic.

Pash posted:

I, Pash, Oath for the month of July, 5 GW Phoenix Guard, One GW Necromancer, and One GW Questing Knight.

Vermintide posted:

I, Vermintide, oath one Skaven Plague Furnace and one Skaven Plague Priest (GW, WHFB, 28mm)for July!

Forums Terrorist posted:

I, Forums Terrorist, oath 3 StuG IIIs, 7 stands of German Grenadiers, and an Elefant for the month of July; all are 15mm from Battlefront for Flames Of War

moths posted:

I'd like to make an OATH ADDITION of 10 more Skeletons, also Mantic, also for Kings of War:

Raphus C posted:

I Raphus C Oath 5 Boyz, 1 Burna and 1 Stormboy, all 28mm GW:

MasterSlowPoke posted:

SRM posted:

I'm making an oath addition! I, SRM, oath an Inquisitor STC Colonial Habitat by Games Workshop
[b]Oaths accepted!

signalnoise posted:

Iris of Ether posted:

I'm going to let Krushgroove make this call when he gets back.
This is fine, just amend your original post and the spreadsheet can be amended as well, no new picture needed unless you want to go for it.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

krushgroove posted:

This is fine, just amend your original post and the spreadsheet can be amended as well, no new picture needed unless you want to go for it.

Woop its done, thanks!

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel oath these five hero characters from Super Dungeon Explore, by SodaPop
Left to right; Claw Tribe Barbarian, Glimmerdusk Ranger, Riftling Rogue, Ember Mage and Hearthsworn Fighter

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

I, Brock Samsonite, oath this Corax Spec-ops from Infinity, by Corvus Belli.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel oath these five hero characters from Super Dungeon Explore, by SodaPop
Left to right; Claw Tribe Barbarian, Glimmerdusk Ranger, Riftling Rogue, Ember Mage and Hearthsworn Fighter

Brock Samsonite posted:

I, Brock Samsonite, oath this Corax Spec-ops from Infinity, by Corvus Belli.

Accepted

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I Oath the Bloody Reaver

This is a Dreadfleet ship by Games Workshop, 0.67mm scale.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I oath one Feral Warpwolf(Privateer Press, Circle), one Carnivean(Privateer Press, Legion), and one unit(two figurines) of Khayazy Elminators(PP, Khador)

counterspin fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jul 7, 2014

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
:pcgaming:OATH COMPLETE!:pcgaming:

Calgar:

The Scouts:

I would like to claim Speed Painting on my STC colonial habitat:
Before:

After:

Here's more shots of the hab:

The Detektuv's Jurnal is the glowing monitors in the hab.

And now for Strike a Pose!:
++ Begin Transmission ++
We have been separated from our detachment for three days now. After an utter massacre at the claws of the Genestealers, I withdrew the survivors of my squad and headed for the hills. Our short-wave vox links aren't strong enough to reach the fleet, so the only way we're getting off Hadley's Reach is if we can find a waystation with stronger equipment. Just then, our luck turned around:

Thank the Emperor, we had found an abandoned waystation, and by the look of things, some of its equipment might work! I accessed the exterior console, only to find it was relaying static.

I sent brother Omnio up top to get a vantage point while brother Alaric and I secured the building.

"Brother Omnio, do you see anything?"
"No sir, I-"

I looked around in a panic, and saw the Genestealer coming up behind Alaric.
"Alaric, on your six!"

He was dead before he could turn around.
++ End Transmission ++
CONTACT LOST

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I Oath one Branchwraith Drycha (GW, WHFB, 28mm).

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
I, Asphyxious, Oath 10 High Elves Sea Guard (GW, 28mm) and One Chaos Spawn (28mm, GW)

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
OATHING: Knight Errant Flagbearer, three daughters of the flame, a converted Vassal of Menoth, The Hierophant, and Feora, Protector of the Flame. All from Privateer Press.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Leperflesh posted:

I Oath the Bloody Reaver

counterspin posted:

I oath one Feral Warpwolf(Privateer Press, Circle), one Carnivean(Privateer Press, Legion), and one unit(two figurines) of Khayazy Elminators(PP, Khador)

Asphyxious posted:

I, Asphyxious, Oath 10 High Elves Sea Guard (GW, 28mm) and One Chaos Spawn (28mm, GW)

Ledgem posted:

OATHING: Knight Errant Flagbearer, three daughters of the flame, a converted Vassal of Menoth, The Hierophant, and Feora, Protector of the Flame. All from Privateer Press.

OATHS ACCEPTED!

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Missed one :v:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I did indeed!

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Accepted!

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!
I, muskets, hereby oath an early-war German command group (three models), mortar team and spotter (four models), Sd.kfz 251 half-track (one model plus crew fig) and ten-man infantry team including a 2-man LMG team. All Warlord Games, 28mm, for Bolt Action.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

muskets posted:

I, muskets, hereby oath an early-war German command group (three models), mortar team and spotter (four models), Sd.kfz 251 half-track (one model plus crew fig) and ten-man infantry team including a 2-man LMG team. All Warlord Games, 28mm, for Bolt Action.

Oath Accepted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Finally gotten around to getting my Oath together!

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following minis for the month of July 2014:
Ten Diggas (9 yoofs, one boy converted with a flamer)
One Mad Doc Grotsnik
One Orc Raider
One beefy fucker based on the Inquisitor scale Krash Thrax

All 28mm GW (technically Krash is 54mm being used as a big 28mm guy)

Date time is just about legible there. Let me know if you need a better shot.

May oath more later in the month if I get this lot done.

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jul 7, 2014

• Locked thread