Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

gabensraum posted:

oh god now i want to make a youtube vid that says young tendulkar is the better batsman

Mister Chief posted:

And Pakistani.

And fucks dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I mod a cricket forum for some reason and once had someone who was banned for making a Hitler avatar email all the mods asking where it was against our forum rules and call us racist.

That's when I learned that there are lots of Indians who have a weird attraction to Hitler and the Nazis...

IceAgeComing fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 4, 2014

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
If anybody wants to watch the Warne vs Tendulkar game there's a stream here, match should be starting in 20 minutes with Sehwag and Gilchrist opening I think

http://live.cricket.com.au/Event/MCC_v_RoW_Lords

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

What happens when you put the best spinner in the world against a load of retired and semi-retired sloggers?

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Tamim Iqbal would have scored an easy ton by now if it wasn't for that poor decision tbf

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
At least Collingwood and Yuvraj have made a bit of a game of it.

surprised Tait hasn't broken down tbh!

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

quote:

Ness ‏@baggiesbabe69 1h

So the FoxSports app has continuous feed of the Sky commentary during ad breaks. Strauss on KP to Knighty. "He's an absolute C**t" #fail

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Ahahahaha, I'm impressed that KP has managed to elicit an actual emotion out of Strauss.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

Haha, fantastic.

Like seeing Ajmal get Afridi out, there's something odd about seeing Yuvraj belting Tendulkar around the park.

the chase might actually be alright, not an awful total considering the shite start

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
Earning the ire of Andrew Strauss is one in the 'pro' column for me

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

hahaha Lee bowled a beamer to Warne

Feral Jesus
Oct 9, 2003
I thought Warne was supposed to like aggressive cricket

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

He's proper fuming about it too you can tell hahah

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Also Siddle outscored KP which is pretty funny

e: Apparently Lee broke Warne's hand so its no wonder he wasn't very happy

IceAgeComing fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jul 5, 2014

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
Far out, bet Warne wouldn't have been expecting that. Was keen to see him bowl.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
What an excellent game.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

This is when Tino gets Tendulkar out first ball

e: haha Strauss is talking out the genius of Tendulkar over a graphic that shows him with an average of 15 at Lords

IceAgeComing fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jul 5, 2014

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Siddle's having a nice day.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CricketAus/status/485426105336070144/photo/1

It's fine, the big wuss.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

hahaha Tino had to run to deep square leg to field off his own bowling

Murali bowling to Lara should be good

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

That Strauss thing is legit http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cr...from-Lords.html

God I can't wait until this period of mutual silence or whatever is up, I'd love to know exactly what went on between them all. Pietersen has always come across as an arrogant twat, but clearly a few of them absolutely hate him, and vice versa.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

KP is obviously a bit of a twat; but he's good at Cricket and is very popular among the public which Strauss and co never really were... Strauss and Cook come across as a little dull both on and off the pitch; while the more popular English cricketers (KP, Flintoff, probably even Swann) had a lot more personality to them. Its quite obvious that its either Cook or KP and they'll both never play with each other again, and that's why Cook needs to have a good India series. Even with the ECB being who they are; I can't see them sticking with Cook if they lose the series and he still averages well under 25...

Its quite funny that in a batting lineup that includes Dravid, Lara and Chanderpaul; the person scoring the runs is Aaron loving Finch.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

:siren: COLLINGWOOD ON A HATTRICK :siren:

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I'm in 2 minds over the India series. I'd hate to lose to India, but a hammering might see the back of Cook for a while.

Feral Jesus
Oct 9, 2003
ahahahha an on air apology from strauss

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

lol Strauss apologising, I love it lads I bloody love it

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I can't wait for Cook to somehow take this as more "media pressure"

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

haha Strauss now has to commentate on KPs bowling

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Ha ha, Lee broke Warne's hand. If he wasn't such a Liberal oval office, I might have come around to liking him, especially after he pommelled Piers Morgan.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/brett-lee-beamer-breaks-shane-warnes-hand-20140706-zsxrt.html

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Unimpressed posted:

Ha ha, Lee broke Warne's hand. If he wasn't such a Liberal oval office, I might have come around to liking him, especially after he pommelled Piers Morgan.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/brett-lee-beamer-breaks-shane-warnes-hand-20140706-zsxrt.html

Lee sure did a lot of 'accidental' beamers in his career.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
:siren:Flintoff is playing:siren:

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

goatface posted:

:siren:Flintoff is playing:siren:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Flintoff status: Been hit for a few 6s, but bowled a 19 year old child. Will probably claim it as a win.

edit - He got another guy and his rate is below 10, cricinfo still list him as RF, will definitely claim it as a win.

goatface fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jul 6, 2014

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
https://vine.co/v/MPaWAUvKnlA
Not out :colbert:

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Law 32.3 posted:

(e) a fielder catches the ball after it has crossed the boundary in the air, provided that after being struck by the bat, the first contact with the ball is by a fielder, not touching or grounded beyond the boundary, who has some part of his person grounded within the boundary or whose final contact with the ground before touching the ball was entirely within the boundary.

His first contact with the ball is when he throws it up and his foot is fully planted in front of the boundary, so it's out (or at least I'm fairly sure that's how the law reads).

e: http://www.cricket.com.au/news-list/2014/7/7/watch-trent-boult-brilliant-boundary-line-catch agrees

Brett824 fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jul 7, 2014

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
It just seems cheap; He left the field of play, and didn't re-enter before catching the ball again. To me, he caught the ball from outside the field of play.

Obviously I'm wrong because it was a wicket, but I don't like that interpretation dammit!

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Noxin of Shame posted:

It just seems cheap; He left the field of play, and didn't re-enter before catching the ball again. To me, he caught the ball from outside the field of play.

Obviously I'm wrong because it was a wicket, but I don't like that interpretation dammit!

To be fair I guess it was changed in 2013.

Brett824 fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jul 7, 2014

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I'm pretty comfortable with the out interpretation. Unlike some sports we don't care if the ball broke the plane of the boundary, it's all about grounding (either the ball's or the player's when he's handling the ball).

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

gabensraum posted:

I'm pretty comfortable with the out interpretation. Unlike some sports we don't care if the ball broke the plane of the boundary, it's all about grounding (either the ball's or the player's when he's handling the ball).

I agree. And really any law that advantages the fielding side is a good law these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Shmoses posted:

I agree. And really any law that advantages the fielding side is a good law these days.

Allow ball tampering!

• Locked thread