Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
After posting about in the MLS thread, realized this thread was more appropriate. Sounds like the i4 Derby went off the rails in a big way today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
As I said before, gently caress Orlando.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

I wasn't at the game, but apparently they smuggled in fireworks, shot them off, set fire to our stadium, punched some kids, and had a banner that said "Puto." Then their starting goalkeeper posted something about their fans being the best and used a hashtag with puto in it before that tweet was deleted.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

As an Orlando City supporter, I really hope this is the straw that breaks the camel's back and the organization steps in to stop the bullshit from the SGs. It's embarrassing and everyone involved should be ashamed.

Sorry, Tampa. If nothing else, hopefully this forces the front office to actually do something.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Destroy My Sweater posted:

As an Orlando City supporter, I really hope this is the straw that breaks the camel's back and the organization steps in to stop the bullshit from the SGs. It's embarrassing and everyone involved should be ashamed.

Sorry, Tampa. If nothing else, hopefully this forces the front office to actually do something.

Yeah, I really feel for the supporters like you. It's awful. I refuse to go to any games than involve Orlando now, just because I know something stupid like this will happen. And at times it seems the Orlando front office buys into it, which is even more awful. They're doing nothing to discourage the behavior.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

King of False Promises posted:

Yeah, I really feel for the supporters like you. It's awful. I refuse to go to any games than involve Orlando now, just because I know something stupid like this will happen. And at times it seems the Orlando front office buys into it, which is even more awful. They're doing nothing to discourage the behavior.

It's horrifying to watch grown men and women (with their children) chanting "WE WILL NOT SIT DOWN THAT poo poo'S RETARDED" or "GO BACK TO TAMPA YOU loving CUNTS" and nobody else around you sees the issue. I got season tickets in the supporters section this year but was not prepared for the baggage that came with it. The SGs have no class, sense of shame or self awareness.

In a relatively recent game, one of our players went down off the ball. It was pretty abrupt, looked like it could have been a seizure or heart issue. SGs shouted for everyone to be quiet and take a knee. Classy, right? During the second half, an opposing player goes down for an injury and almost immediately the "LET HIM DIE LET HIM DIE LET HIM DIE" chants start. I was appalled.

I don't know, I'm not like, prude or easily offended. I'm just shocked at why these people exist or where they came from. They try to make the game about themselves and not the players and think that the club belongs to them.

The front office loves their passion but it's time for them to do more than a slap on the wrist. They seem pretty timid about it. Disney asked us to stop using profanity in chants because there had been some complaints/issues, which seems fairly reasonable. There was a huge uproar and DISNEY BEER BOYCOTT and they stopped for like two weeks before just going back to it. It's truly cringe-worthy.

Woof! Woof!
Aug 21, 2006

Supporters of whatever they're calling the club this week.
MNUFC beat the Mexican U-21 team on PKs on the 4th to a sellout crowd.

Cool.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

It's horrifying to watch grown men and women (with their children) chanting "WE WILL NOT SIT DOWN THAT poo poo'S RETARDED" or "GO BACK TO TAMPA YOU loving CUNTS" and nobody else around you sees the issue. I got season tickets in the supporters section this year but was not prepared for the baggage that came with it. The SGs have no class, sense of shame or self awareness.

In a relatively recent game, one of our players went down off the ball. It was pretty abrupt, looked like it could have been a seizure or heart issue. SGs shouted for everyone to be quiet and take a knee. Classy, right? During the second half, an opposing player goes down for an injury and almost immediately the "LET HIM DIE LET HIM DIE LET HIM DIE" chants start. I was appalled.

I don't know, I'm not like, prude or easily offended. I'm just shocked at why these people exist or where they came from. They try to make the game about themselves and not the players and think that the club belongs to them.

The front office loves their passion but it's time for them to do more than a slap on the wrist. They seem pretty timid about it. Disney asked us to stop using profanity in chants because there had been some complaints/issues, which seems fairly reasonable. There was a huge uproar and DISNEY BEER BOYCOTT and they stopped for like two weeks before just going back to it. It's truly cringe-worthy.

So basically Orlando's going to have empty-stadium penalties by Memorial Day.

I'm all for going outside and having a good time with your friends, but going even half as far as it sounds like Orlando did is absurd. I hope they get cracked down on, and hard. The league will have a loving conniption once they're promoted, and then a year later use the photos of the riots as promotional material for the playoffs.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Reading about this on Facebook, apparently some OCSC fans disguised themselves in Rowdies gear and infiltrated the Ralph's Mob (ie Rowdies supporters) section, and lit off some smoke bombs, thus provoking a fight, which caused the other OCSC supporters to leave their section to attack Ralph's mob, during which they punched a child who was blocking their way into the Ralph's Mob section. Plus the usual stuff: setting Al Lang on fire, stealing Ralph's Mob banners, etc. Some OCSC supporters were arrested, the rest ejected from the stadium.

This is the sort of shenanigans that caused a total security lockdown of English soccer stadia; why do these people want to inject that nonsense over here too?

It does not help the Rowdies, either; Edwards has been letting out strong hints of having ambitions for getting the Rowdies into MLS. Part of that plan involves getting a SSS built on the Al Lang site in St. Pete. When word of this gets out, it is going to be a much tougher sell to convince the citizens of St. Pete to let Edwards build a stadium (voter approval is necessary for building on city harborside property). Downtown St. Pete restaurants and bars would be happy to have the pre-game and post-game soccer fans business, but not if it comes with the threat of fan violence, which soccer already has enough of a reputation for as is.

If Edwards is smart he will put an end to this I-4 "rivalry" for good, until the Rowdies are in MLS and they have equal standing to bring complaints about fan behavior.

Thanks a lot Orlando hooligans! No aspersions cast towards the normal OCSC fans who had no part in this.

Do over Ham fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jul 7, 2014

Diplomat
Dec 14, 2009

I'm lazy so I'm just going to copy what I posted in the thread on reddit for the Tampa/Orlando game.

quote:

I was at this game, an Orlando supporter put on a green shirt and went up in to the Ralph's Mob section then started waving a large OC flag. The Rowdies supporters were shoving him away then a dozen OC supporters ran across the stadium to get involved (Each group was on one side of the baseball stadium). It was a big mess and pretty embarrassing for both parties. I was sitting below the OC supporters above one of the dug outs so I got a pretty good view of the police/OC supporter interactions.

Ralph's Mob

OC Supporters

Actual Soccer

Altercation, in chronological order

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
Just bought tickets for the Railhawks vs FC Dallas US Open Cup game on Wednesday. Hopefully they can take down a third MLS opponent in a row!

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
Shame both Carolina and Atlanta lost last night, but the Carolina game was a lot closer than the scoreline indicates. Game was 3-2 Dallas at half, and they didn't pick up their last two goals until the very end of the second half when Carolina was pressing hard for an equalizer. You could definitely see the quality difference between the two teams as Dallas was, as a whole, bigger, stronger, and faster. If I had to pick a man of the match for them, it was definitely their left winger, Colombian Fabian Castillo. His pace was unmatched out there, and he terrorized that whole half of the pitch all game as well as putting in quite a few crucial passes in the box.

On the bright side, it was a much more competitive match than last year when Carolina got manhandled by Beckerman at Real Salt Lake.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

http://orlandocitysc.com/news/?article_id=1952

Orlando City's SGs have been suspended until they can get their poo poo together. No flags, tifos (lol), drums, etc. and no tailgate at Saturday's match. Will be some tasty drama, surely. I'll provide a match report.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

http://orlandocitysc.com/news/?article_id=1952

Orlando City's SGs have been suspended until they can get their poo poo together. No flags, tifos (lol), drums, etc. and no tailgate at Saturday's match. Will be some tasty drama, surely. I'll provide a match report.

Good on Orlando City. That kind of behavior is absolutely unacceptable, especially when trying to grow the sport in this country. All anyone here knows about football is hooliganism and diving, so this kind of stuff plays right into their preconceived notions and makes it even more of an uphill battle.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)
Looking forward to the NASL season winding back up this weekend. Cosmos Scorps should be a tasty matchup.

We found this Billy Forbes kid and he has been fantastic so far. He's fast with a real nose for the goal. That and another short stocky midget that Murcina seems to love in Castillo who has looked solid. Cann needs to be benched, I'm afraid he is too old and slow to keep up and is holding us back. Also we have Sattler back lol

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

inSTAALed posted:

Good on Orlando City. That kind of behavior is absolutely unacceptable, especially when trying to grow the sport in this country. All anyone here knows about football is hooliganism and diving, so this kind of stuff plays right into their preconceived notions and makes it even more of an uphill battle.

The Facebook comments have been pretty hilarious so far. THIS CLUB WILL DIE WITH WITHOUT THE SUPPORTERS GROUPS and PLEASE STOP USING US IN YOUR MARKETING IMMEDIATELY and so on. They literally can't function unless the game is all about ME AND MY TIFO. Also, they also don't seem to understand it's only temporary until they get their poo poo together and start policing themselves.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

The Facebook comments have been pretty hilarious so far. THIS CLUB WILL DIE WITH WITHOUT THE SUPPORTERS GROUPS and PLEASE STOP USING US IN YOUR MARKETING IMMEDIATELY and so on. They literally can't function unless the game is all about ME AND MY TIFO. Also, they also don't seem to understand it's only temporary until they get their poo poo together and start policing themselves.

We have two supporters groups, one are the video game fat white nerds that chant I believe and the second the fat mexican goths that chant puto.

The first group has dwindled to the point to where they can assign a fan per player and not cover the roster but the FMG are going strong and they kinda own.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Suqit posted:

We have two supporters groups, one are the video game fat white nerds that chant I believe and the second the fat mexican goths that chant puto.

The first group has dwindled to the point to where they can assign a fan per player and not cover the roster but the FMG are going strong and they kinda own.

I'd be down for some FMGs. There's a group apparently called "Orlando Locos," a small crowd that I can only identify by their t-shirts. The t-shirts are pretty dope, though; tequila bottles with skulls on them, luchador masks, revolvers, etc. They're not even rowdy at all despite drinking throughout the entire match which is my favorite part. They completely ignored the DISNEY BEER BOYCOTT and it was glorious.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Suqit posted:

Cann needs to be benched, I'm afraid he is too old and slow to keep up and is holding us back.

no way, he still lives

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

I'd be down for some FMGs. There's a group apparently called "Orlando Locos," a small crowd that I can only identify by their t-shirts. The t-shirts are pretty dope, though; tequila bottles with skulls on them, luchador masks, revolvers, etc. They're not even rowdy at all despite drinking throughout the entire match which is my favorite part. They completely ignored the DISNEY BEER BOYCOTT and it was glorious.

Sounds like ours too, they call themselves the Bexar County Casuals although they've apparently branched out beyond Bexar county and now are just The Casuals?

Plus they play drums throughout the games and chant culero at opposing players so they are definitely cool in my book.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Azerban posted:

no way, he still lives

lol yeah. He is still fit, he's just slow and awkward which I'm sure you know only its worse now.

Our coach is Canadian and loves him some Canadians.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

The Crocketteers have their own Wikipedia page, though.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

Suqit posted:

Looking forward to the NASL season winding back up this weekend. Cosmos Scorps should be a tasty matchup.

We found this Billy Forbes kid and he has been fantastic so far. He's fast with a real nose for the goal. That and another short stocky midget that Murcina seems to love in Castillo who has looked solid. Cann needs to be benched, I'm afraid he is too old and slow to keep up and is holding us back. Also we have Sattler back lol

Carolina vs Indy is this weeks ESPN3 match, I believe. I also picked up NASL Live for 20 bucks so I can catch up on other team's games during the week while I am at work.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Go Indy 11. We didn't win a single game during the Spring, sadly. A few really close games got away from us, but I think we'll have better luck in the Fall Season.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Suqit posted:

Our coach is Canadian and loves him some Canadians.

This is awesome and I hope he becomes your SAF. Also goddamn lol you also have Hassli and Julius 'he's so good that he's got two names' James it's a fuckin TFC reunion party down there.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
I broke down which teams have been featured in ESPN3's NASL game of the week, as well as which teams were home and away. Take from this info what you will. This includes the game this coming Saturday:

Atlanta: 1 Home, 1 Away
Carolina: 2 Home, 2 Away
Cosmos: 1 Away
Indy: 2 Home, 2 Away
Minnesota: 1 Home, 1 Away
Rowdies: 3 Home
San Antonio: 1 Home, 1 Away
Strikers: 2 Away

Interesting to see Indy featured so many times. Also neither of the Canadian teams, probably since ESPN3 is an American streaming service and they want to promote markets in this country.

inSTAALed fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jul 12, 2014

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Azerban posted:

This is awesome and I hope he becomes your SAF. Also goddamn lol you also have Hassli and Julius 'he's so good that he's got two names' James it's a fuckin TFC reunion party down there.

Yeah. I fuckin love Hassli. His skills are so far superior to everyone around him and nobody reads the game better than he does and he's so happy it owns. Only he's fat and slow but I don't give a gently caress.

Not sure why James isn't still playing major league ball he's badass.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

inSTAALed posted:

I broke down which teams have been featured in ESPN3's NASL game of the week, as well as which teams were home and away. Take from this info what you will. This includes the game this coming Saturday:

Atlanta: 1 Home, 1 Away
Carolina: 2 Home, 2 Away
Cosmos: 1 Away
Indy: 2 Home, 2 Away
Minnesota: 1 Home, 1 Away
Rowdies: 3 Home
San Antonio: 1 Home, 1 Away
Strikers: 2 Away

Interesting to see Indy featured so many times. Also neither of the Canadian teams, probably since ESPN3 is an American streaming service and they want to promote markets in this country.

Indy sold out all of its home games and is a new team, so decent promotion for league? Until they see us play, that is.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

TheHoosier posted:

Indy sold out all of its home games and is a new team, so decent promotion for league? Until they see us play, that is.

You're bound to win a game eventually. Probably. Maybe?

awyeahz
Aug 21, 2005

~*~BeDtImE~4~B0NZ0~*~

TheHoosier posted:

Go Indy 11. We didn't win a single game during the Spring, sadly. A few really close games got away from us, but I think we'll have better luck in the Fall Season.

Eleven have also not made any transfers so far, because why would you alter such a successful formula?

NASL 2014 Spring Season Average Home Attendance Table:

Indy Eleven (5): 10465
San Antonio Scorpions (5): 6476
Minnesota United FC (4): 5577
Carolina RailHawks: (4): 5364
NY Cosmos (5): 5041
Tampa Bay Rowdies (5): 4998
Atlanta Silverbacks (4): 4731
Fort Lauderdale Strikers (4): 3825
FC Edmonton (4): 3569
Ottawa Fury FC (5): 2684

awyeahz
Aug 21, 2005

~*~BeDtImE~4~B0NZ0~*~

inSTAALed posted:

You're bound to win a game eventually. Probably. Maybe?

Thank you for your support! Indy Eleven wins for the first time! Carolina Railhawks 1-2 Indy!

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

awyeahz posted:

Thank you for your support! Indy Eleven wins for the first time! Carolina Railhawks 1-2 Indy!

And broke Carolina's 18 game home unbeaten streak, too! Congrats!

Meanwhile, the Rowdies rallied in the second half to score three goals and beat Atlanta.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

THE INDIANAPOLIS FIGHTING ELEVEN HAS WON A GAME OF THE FOOT BALL

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Orlando City MATCH REPORT: Tonight's game was cool and good, I guess. The organization handed out copies of the MLS code of conduct before the match. The supporters groups were able to function without drums and tifotech, although it was strange because the two groups were very clearly divided (they usually intermingle). Some people apparently got thrown out, possibly for yelling "puto" at the Wilmington keeper although probably for profuse use of "human being." At some point, people starting chanting "WE'RE STILL HERE" and it was pretty embarrassing.

Also, nobody seemed to care about the DISNEY BEER BOYCOTT anymore which I guess is nice. It was dumb as hell in the first place.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

awyeahz posted:

I knew you had it in you!

Fixture congestion from the US Open Cup/Friendlies and that red card seemed to be too much to overcome for Carolina. Not to take anything away from Indy, though. They played a great game, and the win is well deserved!

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Crazy Ted posted:

THE INDIANAPOLIS FIGHTING ELEVEN HAS WON A GAME OF THE FOOT BALL

And I was drunk for most of it! Woo go Indy!

Woof! Woof!
Aug 21, 2006

Supporters of whatever they're calling the club this week.
MNUFC beats South Florida Red Stripes 3-0.

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

You can't touch our beaver. :canada:
Going further down the pyramid, the NPSL(Tier 4) is winding it's way down to the National Championship (4 regional champions will get together to play the National Semifinals and Championship)

Northeast Region:
July 16
4- Brooklyn Italians vs. 1- NY Red Bulls U-23
3- Greater Binghamton FC vs. 2- DC United U-23

July 19
Championship at highest remaining seed

South Region:
South Central Conference Championship
Tulsa Athletics vs. Corinthinans FC of San Antonio

Sunshine Conference Champions
Miami United

Southeast Conference Champions
Chattanooga FC

South Atlantic Conference Champions
Upward Stars

Tulsa or Corinthians will join the other 3 conference champs for the regional championships July 19-21

West Region
Regional Championship
Sacramento Gold vs. Portland Spartans FC or Sonoma County Sol

Midwest Region finishes regular season play this weekend, and will set their playoff field. Quad City has clinched a slot. AFC Cleveland will clinch a spot with a win today, If there is a winner in the Lansing United/Detroit City match, they'll clinch. If there is a draw, or Detroit City wins, I think they both clinch spots, with Lansing getting the wild card on points per match.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Woof! Woof! posted:

MNUFC beats South Florida Red Stripes 3-0.

Kwik posted:

Going further down the pyramid, the NPSL(Tier 4) is winding it's way down to the National Championship (4 regional champions will get together to play the National Semifinals and Championship)

Northeast Region:
July 16
4- Brooklyn Italians vs. 1- NY Red Bulls U-23
3- Greater Binghamton FC vs. 2- DC United U-23

July 19
Championship at highest remaining seed

South Region:
South Central Conference Championship
Tulsa Athletics vs. Corinthinans FC of San Antonio

Sunshine Conference Champions
Miami United

Southeast Conference Champions
Chattanooga FC

South Atlantic Conference Champions
Upward Stars

Tulsa or Corinthians will join the other 3 conference champs for the regional championships July 19-21

West Region
Regional Championship
Sacramento Gold vs. Portland Spartans FC or Sonoma County Sol

Midwest Region finishes regular season play this weekend, and will set their playoff field. Quad City has clinched a slot. AFC Cleveland will clinch a spot with a win today, If there is a winner in the Lansing United/Detroit City match, they'll clinch. If there is a draw, or Detroit City wins, I think they both clinch spots, with Lansing getting the wild card on points per match.

That's some quality American soccer club names right there I tell you what. :)

I've always liked diversity in soccer naming conventions - ethnic club names, "Euro-poser" names, "Latin American-poser" names, typical American sports team names, and wild variations or combinations of all of the above.

Interesting name revival: Sacramento Gold were an ASL club in the late 1970s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

You can't touch our beaver. :canada:

Do over Ham posted:

That's some quality American soccer club names right there I tell you what. :)

I've always liked diversity in soccer naming conventions - ethnic club names, "Euro-poser" names, "Latin American-poser" names, typical American sports team names, and wild variations or combinations of all of the above.

Interesting name revival: Sacramento Gold were an ASL club in the late 1970s.

It gets better (or worse, I suppose), I guess an edict came down in the Keystone Conference to try and make the teams more "traditionally marketable" or whatever such term you want to use, so this is the official lineup of the conference:

Greater Binghamton FC Thunder
FC Lehigh Valley United Sonic
Junior Lone Star FC
Buxmont Torch FC
Clarkstown SC Eagles
Hershey FC
Pocono Snow SC
Electric City Shock SC

Yeah.

Everyone is done with regular season play now- Tulsa won the final slot in the South region, Sonoma advanced to the West Regional Final, and the Midwest playoffs will feature Lansing, Fort Pitt, Quad City, and Minnesota United Reserves.

• Locked thread