Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

A Bunch of Old Men posted:

Reapplying to the guild as Whitey. I joined then autopathed to the kidnapping guy and when I got to him I started to auto attack him, then I died instantly. When re-spawned and I wasn't in the guild anymore. I was wondering if I broke China or did someone remove me?

You got kicked because nobody knows who you are. Just make an introduction thread in the GBS forum so we can learn more about your mmo play history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Third World Reggin posted:

The first person to finish the race gets a special title.

Turns out we got like 4 or the 5 or whatever. Evidently nobody else cares about helping random npcs out more than we do.

Goontang: The Tang that Cares.

Also as I took the female protagonist's title, I demand an invite to the prettiest and most effective branch of our guild.

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice
Joined as JackSwagger.

I've missed chinagaming it up with you guys.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

quote:

The first person to finish the race gets a special title.

Boogaleeboo posted:

Turns out we got like 4 or the 5 or whatever. Evidently nobody else cares about helping random npcs out more than we do.

Are you suggesting that Goontang might be... Master Racists? :razz:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Zaodai posted:

Are you suggesting that Goontang might be... Master Racists? :razz:

Even Speed Racer knows kung fu.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

A Bunch of Old Men posted:

Reapplying to the guild as Whitey. I joined then autopathed to the kidnapping guy and when I got to him I started to auto attack him, then I died instantly. When re-spawned and I wasn't in the guild anymore. I was wondering if I broke China or did someone remove me?

Vouching for this guy. He's a real life friend of mine who played Age of Wushu with us since around the time that game launched. He's LongDongHong, some of you probably know him. I promise he's not a Vietnamese white supremacist.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Iowa posted:

Vouching for this guy. He's a real life friend of mine who played Age of Wushu with us since around the time that game launched. He's LongDongHong, some of you probably know him. I promise he's not a Vietnamese white supremacist.

Well now I almost feel bad for psychic chokeslamming him earlier.

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Applied to guild as DouPursuLubu

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
So hey guys.
A Donde Vayas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6E94ppMz-4&t=46s

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQlQQDP6hNY

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Also congratulations on goon team six for wiping out a small guild village of four members.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKaYOW9zMoY&t=80s

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Beautiful.

If only the tools and saucepan did not look like they are used to cook meth on slow day,

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

aleksendr posted:

Beautiful.

If only the tools and saucepan did not look like they are used to cook meth on slow day,

It's the advantage of a system where you can learn multiple crafting professions.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Can anyone tell me how to use the combo setup thing? Whenever I put stuff in there I get a whole mess of red !s and it won't let me save.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Man, I remember saving up my allowance to buy this LP.

Also, I really need to get a hold of some of the level 40 crafting mats from whatever instances they drop in. I just recently noticed that some of the stuff I am wearing is still level 30, and one piece is level 20. So, if any late night goons want to burn some instance points...

Xii
Dec 27, 2011

Only the coldest prevail.
Applying as Xodiac in game. Pretty drat fun so far.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

-Troika- posted:

Can anyone tell me how to use the combo setup thing? Whenever I put stuff in there I get a whole mess of red !s and it won't let me save.

If you're doing a combo for your customized set, rename said set.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Just a suggestion to not turn on public notification that you are a tutor and taking students. You will get awash in notifications. That being said, I have room for one more student.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

I've bet 10 unbound silver WerkWerk's furniture will not arrive tomorrow.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Hy_C posted:

I've bet 10 unbound silver WerkWerk's furniture will not arrive tomorrow.

Taking that bet. Agreed if it arrives you owe me, if not I'll pay out.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Lets talk about Bamboo forest.

In the event list in the top left this is this daily.

See those times? Now you know where the times are found.

You get a lot of experience here so make sure you turn on 2x exp. On top of this each person who completes it gets one of these.

This gives a quest that can be done six times a day. Only the group leader needs the paper and everyone in the group who is nearby gets the mission.

This is a 60 minutes timed event. You will go there and find your boss. Make sure that you are in realm 0.

Then you should find a guy like this.

No one can hurt it until "Belongs to _________" hits it.

You will mostly get trash but some times you get this.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jul 7, 2014

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.
Grithok marry me

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Big ups to Grithok for giving me a lil tutoring in Tongman PVP. :shobon: Seriously if you arn't sure what the gently caress, talk to him.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

Applied as TaeLocke. Let's go.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

So the ratings for all the officers are in.

You lazy fucks.

Everyone is 4.8, 4.9, or 5.0.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

You lazy fucks.

Just as planned.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I turned on salary for officers.

You steal the guilds unbound and turn it into your bound money.

You also get even more experience now if you are an officer.

Go visit the Financial Manager.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

We got 10 events a week for the guild that have to be done 1900-2200 server time which is central.

Do you guys want to do 1 each day with an extra 1 on friday, saturday, and sunday?

Or would you like to save them all on the week end?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

I turned on salary for officers.

You steal the guilds unbound and turn it into your bound money.

You also get even more experience now if you are an officer.

Go visit the Financial Manager.

Do we need the guild funds for upgrades or is it purely there for embezzlement?

Also as a Brit I'd prefer the events at weekends and I imagine Euros further east would be the same rather than having stuff during the work week we have to sit up in the early hours for. It is a US server though so that's more our problem so gently caress us if you yanks prefer to spread it through the week.

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler
I liked the weekend spam of guild events one after another, because I can stay up late to hit those times without work impact.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

We need 800 gold to upgrade the guild and we will get the development points before the gold at our current rate. It will be a bit slower if we embezzle.

We were at 175 and after a bit of early morning embezzling we dropped 10 gold. We make about 80 or 90 a day.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Giving this a try even though I wasn't much a fan of Wushu

E: In as DizzSA

Dizz fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Jul 7, 2014

schme
May 28, 2013

Dizz posted:

Giving this a try even though I wasn't much a fan of Wushu

Go ahead, this game is closer to the average mmo than Wushu. The difference is so big infact that I don't see the comparison very sensible, other than the chinagame-parts: open pvp and guild wars. And the wuxia thing.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

For those looking to steal peoples treasures, you need a black mask from the logistic merchant which costs 50 guild credit. Put this on once you get to the treasure vault since you lose your attack and jumps.

Only one person at a time can attempt to steal and if you hit a trap everyone in the target guild knows.

Stealing time starts at 1200 and ends at 2400.

Bamboo also starts at 1200 and 2000. Time it around this.

Default guild protection time is 2000-2100 so look for some guild who has it set an hour early.

Guild event time is 1900-2200 and most guild events involve defending a base. You get bonus points if you steal during a massacre guild event.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

If anyone is hard up for guild credit or other stuff just raid carts. You only get experience for the first three but there is almost always someone who needs to run some and you still get gold and guild credit.

You lazy fucks.

Oh yeah poo poo bag UI totally helped with that.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

So we attacked a Guild the other night that only had 4 people online. By the end of it 90% of goon deaths were from NPC guards and the three targets had so much HP that even with a flash mob of lvl 50+s we ran the clock down to 1 min remaining before we had them all down. Guild wars as we have said before cannot be won until we are much higher level and can at least handle guards without dying in a handful of hits. Also taking out any of the targets requires full uninterrupted focus damage on the target for about 8 mins at our current level. This is impossible to do when a guild base is actually being defended with the crazy CC effects this game allows.

So to make it clear. Any Wars we get into from now until we have big boys is 100% for PvP and tomfoolery fun as no progress is actually possible.

Also it should be noted that the Show of Force Wars literally only have a lasting impact on the guild for one hour unless someone spraypaints a dick on our docks. I don't know how long it takes to wash off. We lose nothing for getting into petty squabbles in the Show of Force format. There is a format to jack bases and something about the force map that we will look into but opening that can of worms is a double edged sword because once someone does it I am sure everyone is going to be doing it.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jul 7, 2014

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Oh I also forgot to mention that the event on Sundays "Rare Animal Island" is a serverwide raid event and has no relevance to companion Pokemon. The mob(s) that pop in there are Shadow of the Colussus huge and level 80 with so much health that all the players that showed up in the server to beat on it could only do about 1% of its health every 7 mins. Also the giant fuckoff wolf we were dealing with would shift aggro with every attack to make sure everyone got a bite taken out of them. The problem with this is that it would shift aggro to targets outside the arena that were off exploring the huge zone and cause the thing to leash and reset destroying nearly all morale and inciting pvp flags to be turned on. By the end of it we were just brawling each other and the wolf had won with it's cunning plan.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The wolf only beat you, but not your spirit.

In the alpha I've been told guild wars happened and were won. They are possible even with the crazy amounts of CC in the game, just not this early of a level.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Last night we also saw our first stalls start to go up in Louie Yang. In order to set up a stall you head to a designated area in the city for it and open your bag and hit the stall button next to the auto sort button. It costs no money to open a stall as well as it locks your character there so don't expect to be dropping it and running off. For those unfamiliar to Wushu the stalls deal in Unbound currency (Coins) that you can get from events like Bamboo, Mirage, Vermin and killing red named players with heavy wallets. Those ancient coins or whatever the gently caress they are called sell to the npc vendors for the unbound money (Coins again).

For those of you just reaching 50 you will realize that food and potions are no longer sold at the npc vendors for your level (They stop at the lvl 40 stuff) which means crafting the poo poo is going to be very important as we get even higher. The market for this stuff should pan out really well so I suggest you get LV5 Herbalism and LV5 Cooking up as soon as possible. You can make unbound food if you craft using a very small amount of coins. It should also be noted that in LY there is a rare vendor that sells the super food recipes that use that seasoning and poo poo you have been getting from instances and random drops for the price of Unbound currency (Last I checked the LV50 super food recipes cost 1 gold Coin per). Open your own Chinese restaurant and make some money or deal in the mats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Be advised that I just sold a Cash shop hat in my stall for market research and it is looking like you can get more bang for your buck doing that over buying the Training pack with the unbound in it.

Cash Shop:

Training Pack 100 Sycees gives 1 gold unbound.
Raiden Hat 400 Sycees sold for 7 gold unbound in stall.

Do your market research before buying unbound directly from the store. It is also good practice to tear actual products out of the cash shop so people who want to keep playing without using a credit card can get access to that bullshit.

• Locked thread