Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Sand Monster posted:

I've never listened to the show, but it seems Anthony (of Opie & Anthony) has been fired:

http://gawker.com/siriusxm-fired-anthony-cumia-last-night-1600246282

Tim Sabean was working on their show until recently, too. I don't know if he quit or was fired.

Tim got fired JUST before this happened. There's been a lot of "wow Tim Sabean sure dodged a bullet eh?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I wonder if Tim was "fired" from the Stern show and they moved him to O and A to allow him to save face.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Sand Monster posted:

I've never listened to the show, but it seems Anthony (of Opie & Anthony) has been fired:

Tim Sabean was working on their show until recently, too. I don't know if he quit or was fired.

I actually gave up on reading all those tweets. They go on forever. I like how in between all the racist poo poo, calling black people animals, savages, cockroaches, etc. he goes "I'm not being racist..."

I might have to listen to Stern for the first time in a while to witness the schadenfreude.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Former Human posted:

I might have to listen to Stern for the first time in a while to witness the schadenfreude.

That could well end up being one of the greatest examples of rubbing salt in the wound ever.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

Former Human posted:

I actually gave up on reading all those tweets. They go on forever. I like how in between all the racist poo poo, calling black people animals, savages, cockroaches, etc. he goes "I'm not being racist..."

Howard probably isn't live on Monday.

Even though Anthony is a scumbag and an obsessive crybaby about his guns, I've actually managed to listen to O&A and laugh more than a handful of times in the last 5 years, which is more than what I could say about Howard. Really, my biggest concern is that we won't get to hear Jocktober 2014

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Do you guys think Howard will resign after 2015? There's been so many people who have left, including Tim Sabean, Tracy, and the entire HowardTv department. With all this paring down, it's feeling more and more unlikely that it's going to continue.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Of course. Does Howard seem like the kind of guy who wants to spend more time with his wife and her million cats?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Sand Monster posted:

Wow, it's very lucky that he didn't just shoot her and not say anything on twitter, he probably would have been declared a hero by most of his audience.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

moot the hopple posted:

Do you guys think Howard will resign after 2015? There's been so many people who have left, including Tim Sabean, Tracy, and the entire HowardTv department. With all this paring down, it's feeling more and more unlikely that it's going to continue.

Given his frustrations with SiriusXM, Robin's battle with cancer, the recent discussions about starting at 7, and the whole idea that the birthday bash was the capstone of his career, I don't think Howard really wants to do a 4 hour radio show anymore. I think he'll either do a proper Howard Stern interview show like Larry King or quietly fade out into the sunset.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Howard is taking over The Price is Right after Drew Carey dies of anorexia.

Peter North
Apr 23, 2003

Former Human posted:

He's on vacation until what, the 14th? I wonder if he'll even mention it.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

Peter North posted:

He's on vacation until what, the 14th? I wonder if he'll even mention it.

Howard invented racism

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

A Keg posted:

Howard invented racism

Your passive-aggressive drive by posts are weird. I'm amazed that there's a small section of O&A fans that continue to try to get back at Howard by posting hoo hoo on YouTube videos, especially given there's no group of people more critical of Howard than his own fans. I'm sure the legion of unemployed Howard fans do the same poo poo in response, I'm just surprised these ~*radio warz*~ happen at all in 2014.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Um, no, it was just a joke dude.

Believing a 3 word joke post incriminates someone as a sleeper agent carrying out the agenda of a rival radio show is loving weird.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Regardless, O&A fans are the loving worst people

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

kylej posted:

Your passive-aggressive drive by posts are weird. I'm amazed that there's a small section of O&A fans that continue to try to get back at Howard by posting hoo hoo on YouTube videos, especially given there's no group of people more critical of Howard than his own fans. I'm sure the legion of unemployed Howard fans do the same poo poo in response, I'm just surprised these ~*radio warz*~ happen at all in 2014.

hahahaha what?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

A Keg posted:

hahahaha what?

The Troll Queen rides again.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

Squashy Nipples posted:

The Troll Queen rides again.

;-*

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sorry, I may have misinterpreted your posts, it seemed like the same poo poo I see on Youtube comments. I've been reading the Howard Stern and O&A subreddits since Anthony's firing, and I'm amazed that there are lots of people who still seem to hold grudges against each show.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

kylej posted:

Sorry, I may have misinterpreted your posts, it seemed like the same poo poo I see on Youtube comments. I've been reading the Howard Stern and O&A subreddits since Anthony's firing, and I'm amazed that there are lots of people who still seem to hold grudges against each show.

I like both shows for different reasons :)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I've only tried a little bit, but the reasons I can't jump in to O&A is that there's no Sal, Richard, Gary, Fred, Robin, Ralph, JD, Eric (high-pitched or low-standing), or any of the rest of the wack pack.

Also, Anthony sounds like a genuinely horrible person. Howard complains and complains, and might be annoying to hang out with, but I feel like it would be worlds better than spending time with a racist, gun-obsessed rear end in a top hat.

Plus, I doubt they'd want to hear my favourite Matt Dillon story, real briefly.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

beep by grandpa posted:

Believing a 3 word joke post incriminates someone as a sleeper agent carrying out the agenda of a rival radio show is loving weird.

Part of me also wishes this was something someone would do, because that's awesome.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Grillo! Douche!

youtube.com/watch?v=OwqaGFZiTrw&t=83

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
I had the privilege of hearing the uncensored gay KC songs earlier. Listening to Richard's gruff voice or him screeching over Photograph will never not be funny.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'm sad that I can't find a "Shut the gently caress Up/Can't Hurry Love" ETM song anywhere on Youtube. What the hell?

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

Riosan posted:

I had the privilege of hearing the uncensored gay KC songs earlier. Listening to Richard's gruff voice or him screeching over Photograph will never not be funny.
My prom was a few weeks ago and Girls Girls Girls was played on the dance floor. I got a few weird looks for singing the parody instead.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Celery Face posted:

My prom was a few weeks ago and Girls Girls Girls was played on the dance floor. I got a few weird looks for singing the parody instead.

That parody is drat near older than you.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm sad that I can't find a "Shut the gently caress Up/Can't Hurry Love" ETM song anywhere on Youtube. What the hell?

I found an excerpt around 5:37:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBNVxNye4-s

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Does Howard do a show anymore? I haven't had Sirius for a few years, but I read the thread to keep up with things. For months its been just YouTube clips of old bits and segments. Not criticizing the thread, just saying I really think it's over for the show.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

There ssems to be 3 a week when they arent on holiday which is often.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Writers meeting must have Fred yawn as Hein hosts.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

Does Howard do a show anymore? I haven't had Sirius for a few years, but I read the thread to keep up with things. For months its been just YouTube clips of old bits and segments. Not criticizing the thread, just saying I really think it's over for the show.

It honestly hasn't even been worth discussing of late, in my opinion. Most of the show talk lately centered around the "Benji gets fingered" stuff which I thought was completely unfunny, uninteresting, and overwrought. Other than that there's a lot of "AGT" talk which Robin has certainly stepped up her enthusiasm for of late; I suspect she got a talking to after she criticized the show a few months back.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Sand Monster posted:

It honestly hasn't even been worth discussing of late, in my opinion. Most of the show talk lately centered around the "Benji gets fingered" stuff which I thought was completely unfunny, uninteresting, and overwrought. Other than that there's a lot of "AGT" talk which Robin has certainly stepped up her enthusiasm for of late; I suspect she got a talking to after she criticized the show a few months back.

To be fair, AGT is a lot better than it was for Howard's first season. It actually is a good 'there's nothing else to watch during the summer' show.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I haven't listened to Opie and Anthony in ages, but this is still great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXbNYs9rHk8

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I went to the thrift store yesterday and picked up a few books.

The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco
The Power and the Glory by Graham Greene
The Year 2000 by Herman Kahn
They Call Me Baba Booey by Baba Booey

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

It got trashed pretty hard in here, but I actually enjoyed MahMahMonkey's book.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Squashy Nipples posted:

It got trashed pretty hard in here, but I actually enjoyed MahMahMonkey's book.

What would you rate it, eight... noine out of ten?

OOOOOoooooooh.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

I saw Lisa G's book in Barnes & Noble last week and surprisingly it was in the regular section, not the bargain bin area.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Sand Monster posted:

I saw Lisa G's book in Barnes & Noble last week and surprisingly it was in the regular section, not the bargain bin area.

The bargain section is for books that the store wants to recoup money from that people will actually buy. "I've had sex with cookies", or whatever the gently caress Lisa G's book is called would be a waste of real-estate, and would actually cost the store money to mark down and put in the bargain sections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Has Lisa G not been on the show recently? I can't recall hearing her since they were doing auditions for the band.