Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face
So, do we have any exile presence on a pvp server? Rowsdower is getting boring at 50. Did dom in beta and it was boring and full of chua gimp erp.

sinewave fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jul 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

poptart_fairy posted:

The weirdest Datacube I've found is the one in Galeras, Exile side, that starts off innocently enough about the Osiris but then suddenly veers off into a huge rant about how superior women are to men. It was like, what the hell, where did that come from - absolutely nothing else I've seen even hints at gender rivalry in the Eldan. :psyduck:
Nazrek intentionally warped and mutated the female skeeches into the ugly monsters they are now, so there's that I guess.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

poptart_fairy posted:

The weirdest Datacube I've found is the one in Galeras, Exile side, that starts off innocently enough about the Osiris but then suddenly veers off into a huge rant about how superior women are to men. It was like, what the hell, where did that come from - absolutely nothing else I've seen even hints at gender rivalry in the Eldan. :psyduck:

Yeah I remember that. First the usual exposition about the local species and then :biotruths: "Sure the males were meant to be dominant but obviously the females came out smarter and better."

It sounds extra dumb because this is clearly an engineered species but the cube makes it sound like there was a design plan for males but the girl power factor just manifested by itself because of course it was bound to happen. Huh?

Psykmoe fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jul 7, 2014

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Rorus Raz posted:

Nazrek intentionally warped and mutated the female skeeches into the ugly monsters they are now, so there's that I guess.

She also got told to destroy them but disobeyed orders. One might be able to write her off as an outlier but they did let her be one of the primes and Drusera was obviously designed to be a sympathetic female child character that needs the players protection.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free
Need a sale! I enjoyed my 7 days, but not willing to drop $60.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Deflected Heal Probes?

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

central posted:

Need a sale! I enjoyed my 7 days, but not willing to drop $60.

Green Man Gaming and Gamefly have like 20%-25% off.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

man that 2nd level riding skill is astoundingly underwhelming for how much it cost.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Evil_Greven posted:

That's not the issue. Here's my take on it as an armorer:
I can make Expert tier Armor that is generally much better than Epochos or Adventus gear - for cheaper than it is even possible to make that. Why?

Refined Starshard Power Cores. They're extremely cheap and much easy to obtain than standard Hybrid Power Cores. So much so that you can max overcharge gear and burn through several failure attempts and still be cheaper to make than the cost of a single Hybrid Power Core. Refined cores also confer blue rarity on items that they are used in, which boosts the stats and power level. I can easily max a stat (+125 for primary attributes) in several pieces of gear, in some pieces without even overcharging it.

The only time I am making Epochos or Adventus is: A) as a costume piece, with a poo poo core in it, or B) someone wants a shield reboot or Interrupt Armor proc on their shield.

Right now, the thing to do for gear DPS is to just dump as much into the Assault Power stat for whoever you are making it for, with health frequently the secondary if there is leftover power (and the rest in Strikethrough, then Critical Strike). For Tanks (and it's a bit different for Stalkers but I don't do medium armor), the current optimal allocation is: max Base Health in pieces with only one decent efficiency, or go for a 2:1 ratio of Base Health and Armor ONLY IF there are two decent efficiency slots. Tech and Strikethrough are the leftover stats here.

Quick question, how are you getting 125 of a stat on some items, when we try we reach 108 about and then it reaches 100% even with minimum values on other stats

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
So is anyone elses 2-step authentication no longer working in game? I tried removing it and re adding it and it just won't let me log in through the game what so ever works fine on the website though.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Reason posted:

So is anyone elses 2-step authentication no longer working in game? I tried removing it and re adding it and it just won't let me log in through the game what so ever works fine on the website though.

Mine didn't work yesterday on the game or website, but after I powered my phone down and back again it worked fine so it probably desynced itself, a different issue.

On a different note, is the first boss of Kel Voreth (arena puppy) particularly hard or just dealing with Pubbies' First Dungeon? I was the last one alive on all our attempts but I couldn't tell if I was flailing more effectively than the other DPS or just happened to get some heals they didn't. I like it as design, a good mix of order (relatively few things happening) and chaos (how those things combine), I just don't have enough a feel for the game yet to tell if I'm a weak link.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Reason posted:

Make sure your device is set to the proper date/time.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Wheeee posted:

Medic T1 raid set, their T2 is even crazier. Here's screenshots of all the class' T1 and T2 raid as well as T2 PvP sets.

Medics are basically the best class in the game, between their gear sets and their spell effects they're walking raves.

I like the blue/white one the most. Just seems medic-y.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Kuralak whyyyyy

:qq:

Two of the same goddamn tank trinket.

vv I have images off by default so i forgot :blush:

Zoness fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jul 7, 2014

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

timgs mothafucka, do you use 'em?

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Here you go, op :toot:

Stormgale posted:

Quick question, how are you getting 125 of a stat on some items, when we try we reach 108 about and then it reaches 100% even with minimum values on other stats

you gotta minimize the other stats

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm very on the edge on if I want to try this or not (it's hella expensive if all I do is try it), and there doesn't seem to be a lot of guest passes out there anymore. So before I do something stupid, here's a question.

I mostly like to play games alone, but also really like MMO's.. is this game fun solo or do you need a guild for it to be fun? I don't mind grinding, if that's the alternative.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Your Computer posted:

I'm very on the edge on if I want to try this or not (it's hella expensive if all I do is try it), and there doesn't seem to be a lot of guest passes out there anymore. So before I do something stupid, here's a question.

I mostly like to play games alone, but also really like MMO's.. is this game fun solo or do you need a guild for it to be fun? I don't mind grinding, if that's the alternative.

I got guest passes but I don't have PMs. Got an email I can drop it to?

As someone else who tends to solo, my past week playing it has been swinging between "it's the same old stuff all over again" and "this is actually kinda fun." Some areas are easy to blast through, some seem to stick the red "2+ characters" prime enemies next to every objective. I don't mind buying it, but I may not resub.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Tried PVP for the first time tonight. Is there a trick for engineers, or since all our stuff is really telegraphed should I just look for other scrums to lob AoE into?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bruceski posted:

I got guest passes but I don't have PMs. Got an email I can drop it to?

Email is yourcomputer512 -at- gmail.
Might mention that I'm EU, so I think I would need a EU guest pass. If it's not EU, thanks anyway!

Bruceski posted:

As someone else who tends to solo, my past week playing it has been swinging between "it's the same old stuff all over again" and "this is actually kinda fun."

Same old stuff as in other MMO's or that the zones get same-y? What level are you at? I appreciate the input!

King Faraday
May 22, 2009

Your Computer posted:

I've been playing it Solo most of the time, and haven't had any difficulties.

There are group missions, usually ~5 a zone - and those need anywhere between 2 and 5 people. They're easy enough to find a group for, just shout over zone chat. If you're feeling particularly hermity, then I imagine they can be soloed with some of the tank 'toons or you can just wait near them and wait for a group to engage them - any hits on the target will give you credit for the kill.

This is speaking as someone who has the following;
- Level 29 Warrior
- Level 18 Medic
- Level 16 Stalker

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Your Computer posted:

Email is yourcomputer512 -at- gmail.
Might mention that I'm EU, so I think I would need a EU guest pass. If it's not EU, thanks anyway!

Same old stuff as in other MMO's or that the zones get same-y? What level are you at? I appreciate the input!

Aw shucks, I'm NA. Ah well, best of intentions and all that.

I'm currently level 24, been through 3 zones including the starter one. There's a lot of "pick up quests, go to area X, kill guys, collect items, turn in quests and go to area Y" that gets a bit boring at times, but what's kept me going is the zone variety and my explorer path. The combat may be the same but you can go from an open plain to a ruined laboratory to the middle of a forest in three hubs. Add to that breaking things up by hunting down explorer waypoints or the occasional challenge (timed challenges with ranked goals, they run the gamut from just killing guys you're killing anyway to racing to the other side of an area, or bouncing high in the air to pick fruit) and there's usually something I can do when it gets tedious. Even when I don't have an explorer quest to an area I like to explore, and find ssome neat views or places I wasn't supposed to be able to reach. And then I find an explorer flag (give small speed or jump height boosts, letting them get around a bit easier) and realize they DID mean for me to get there.

If you played Guild Wars 2 it feels very similar, but with a more humorous aesthetic, more ability variety (each class gets about 30 skills but can only use up to 8 at a time, though they tend to fall into obvious dps/support(tank or healing)/utility (CC breaks and stuff like that) setups), and less "walk from cutscene to cutscene watching the ACTUAL heroes be awesome" plot.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Stormgale posted:

I'm not certain about other crafts, but on Outfitter, there's a perk to increase either [Chest/Leggings], [Gloves/Boots], or [Helmet/Shoulderwear] charge by something like 10%.

If you have a primary slot in a Good conductivity matching chipset, then you get a 6% reduction to charge costs.

On Chests/Leggings, with Warden LitheTek, we're talking around 1250 Total Charge on a 94% chipset, making it very plausible.

Sab669 posted:

Deflected Heal Probes?

Field Probes is a Zone (Freeform placement) skill. Its primary purpose serves as a Beacon for allies and a Wound for enemies; however, when tiered up, under certain conditions, it will deal damage to enemies. Presumably, this damage is what got deflected.

a cat on an apple fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jul 7, 2014

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
EDIT: disregard

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jul 7, 2014

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Your Computer posted:

This is also how I play MMOs, and I enjoyed leveling in Wildstar quite a bit. At least for exile side, the zone stories were coherent and interesting enough to keep me going. It always felt, to me, like I had a reason for doing what the quests told me to. Usually the Dominion/Eldan experiments/hostile wildlife loving something up and needing me to get in there and fix it.

Mechanically speaking, leveling via questing was easy as a stalker/scientist, as was mentioned before for the group quests you just have to shout out in zone chat for someone, or just wait by the mob for a passerby to help you kill it. I never had to wait for long to get those quests done. If you ignore the story stuff then yeah it's a lot of "kill x" "click on y" "use z on x" etc etc but that never bothers me much. All mmos are going to be like that. I never had to grind for exp or anything like that, though. I completed all the quests in each zone and was never too far ahead or behind the level curve. People say to skip Task missions but that's dumb.

Anyways the only thing you really need a guild for is getting into raiding.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Zoness posted:

Kuralak whyyyyy

:qq:

Two of the same goddamn tank trinket.

vv I have images off by default so i forgot :blush:

Putting Deflect Critical on a raid-drop trinket seems like some odd itemization. Did they think tanks weren't going to be making themselves deflect crit capped either prior or via gear in the instance? Free dash on it is pretty nice, though.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for the wonderful replies, I ended up buying it :3:
So far I've spent all my time in the character creator... and I think I'll spend a couple of hours more at least!(for today)

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I spent like four hours in it because I coudn't decide and I've made like six alts since then so just go with it and make more later.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Your Computer posted:

Thanks for the wonderful replies, I ended up buying it :3:
So far I've spent all my time in the character creator... and I think I'll spend a couple of hours more at least!(for today)

Wait till you get to housing, I spent half an hour last night getting the banner over my bed *just right*.

i am paul newman
Mar 31, 2010

Totalizator posted:

Wait till you get to housing, I spent half an hour last night getting the banner over my bed *just right*.

Aurin cuckoo clock has to hang *just right*, can't raid tonight.

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Is it just me, or are all the Eldan that were merged into Drusera literally all the worst Eldan? Off the top of my head, Nazrek is plain evil and that Technologist guy who built all the super weapons is the embodiment of God Complex.

When I was picking up those datacubes I was actually expecting a "twist" when you find out that the Entity was their first attempt at making Drusera; that they merged the biggest dickheads of the Eldan into a singluar being of pure, concentrated dick.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
They are all terrible people and Drusera is good because they cancel each other's shittiness, like Mr. Burns's viruses.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
Ah yes, the Three Stooges syndrome.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Im expecting the Entity to be the "toxic byproduct" of creating a goddess.

So basically, all the dick went into hi-... thats a really unfortunate way to word it. :v:

Jubilex
Nov 15, 2012
So, what's a good anti-spyware? I got got like all the others :mad:. Curious as to why Carbine didn't go with the "if you log in for another country, security check your email" route, also.

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Thyrork posted:

Im expecting the Entity to be the "toxic byproduct" of creating a goddess.

So basically, all the dick went into hi-... thats a really unfortunate way to word it. :v:

I was expecting that too, or that drusera is skitso and created him by accident. However, it seems that he was created before Drusera and also pretty much designed the machine that made her.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

Bruceski posted:

Tried PVP for the first time tonight. Is there a trick for engineers, or since all our stuff is really telegraphed should I just look for other scrums to lob AoE into?

I tried out DPS engineer a couple times in BGs but it seemed largely whatever. Tried a support build, maximised my survivability and threw on every attack I could that had some annoying lingering effect. Snares, taunts, stuns, blinds, interrupts, blunders, and both the diminisherbot and repairbot. I just wade into the largest crowd I can find, go all :pcgaming: and watch as neither I nor anybody else on my team take any meaningful damage for the entire fight. Sure, I finish the BG with some pretty low damage and usually the lowest kills but I am more often than not the king of assists and most damage taken with fewest amount of deaths, I never die more than a couple times at most and half the time I stay alive for the entire match.

I don't think I can ever go back. :pcgaming:

Metrohunter fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jul 7, 2014

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Metrohunter posted:

I tried out DPS engineer a couple times in BGs but it seemed largely whatever. Tried a support build, maximised my survivability and threw on every attack I could that had some annoying lingering effect. Snares, taunts, stuns, blinds, interrupts, blunders, and both the diminisherbot and repairbot. I just wade into the largest crowd I can find, go all :pcgaming: and watch as neither I nor anybody else on my team take any meaningful damage for the entire fight. Sure, I finish the BG with some pretty low damage and usually the lowest kills but I am more often than not the king of assists and most damage taken with fewest amount of deaths, I never die more than a couple times at most and half the time I stay alive for the entire match.

I don't think I can ever go back. :pcgaming:

Got a movelist? I'm still learning what I have at my disposal. I've currently switched from my default PvE stuff to:
Mortar Strike -- gonna switch this for Electrocute or Bolt Caster. It would be a nice burst AoE ability if it weren't bugged, but it seems to go right through enemies instead of exploding on them.
Unstable Anomaly -- Instant, AoE, debuffs healing, pretty much a no-brainer.
Quick Burst -- solid instant damage when it procs, but I'm not sure I'm happy with it for my current crit rate (14%). It's rare enough that it takes me by surprise when it pops.
Bio Shell -- Good damage/debuff, and instant in another level when I can 4-point it.

Shock Pulse
Zap
Urgent Withdrawl -- between these three I can really make sure anyone trying to get from point A to point B has a bad day if they don't stop to kill me first. I just need to stop hitting UW by reflex when I'm carrying a mask.

With this setup I tend to guard our mask room, even if a Stalker grabs one before I can jump them, I can slow them down while others show up. A more defensive/AoE moveset would probably work better on the other PvP map.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

Bruceski posted:

Got a movelist? I'm still learning what I have at my disposal. I've currently switched from my default PvE stuff to:
Mortar Strike -- gonna switch this for Electrocute or Bolt Caster. It would be a nice burst AoE ability if it weren't bugged, but it seems to go right through enemies instead of exploding on them.
Unstable Anomaly -- Instant, AoE, debuffs healing, pretty much a no-brainer.
Quick Burst -- solid instant damage when it procs, but I'm not sure I'm happy with it for my current crit rate (14%). It's rare enough that it takes me by surprise when it pops.
Bio Shell -- Good damage/debuff, and instant in another level when I can 4-point it.

Shock Pulse
Zap
Urgent Withdrawl -- between these three I can really make sure anyone trying to get from point A to point B has a bad day if they don't stop to kill me first. I just need to stop hitting UW by reflex when I'm carrying a mask.

With this setup I tend to guard our mask room, even if a Stalker grabs one before I can jump them, I can slow them down while others show up. A more defensive/AoE moveset would probably work better on the other PvP map.

I'm level 50 so YMMV if you're lower level, but I run Unsteady Miasma, T8 Ricochet, Shock Pulse, Zap, T8 Diminisherbot, Repairbot, Code Red and Obstruct Vision.
Both of my builders snare, diminisherbot has its own snare and a pull effect, and then between Code Red, Obstruct Vision and Unsteady Miasma, I can severely diminish outgoing damage of any enemies around me.
And to top it off, Zap and Repairbot to top off your own and ally's shields.

I do play around with the points in this build frequently, I also toy around with T4 Shock Pulse and throw in Particle Ejector in there somewhere so I can throw Shock Pulse around more often.

Metrohunter fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jul 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Eccentric Ned posted:

I was expecting that too, or that drusera is skitso and created him by accident. However, it seems that he was created before Drusera and also pretty much designed the machine that made her.

I thought he was made after her, using another 6 Eldan and the same machine?

• Locked thread