Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Gus Hobbleton posted:

didnt that happen like 20 years ago?

the pokemon tcg gameboy game loving owns and i havent played it since the actual gameboy. im v excited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
the original pokemon base set has less depth than heartstone.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

stoutfish posted:

the original pokemon base set has less depth than heartstone.

good thing the gameboy version has more than just the base set

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

also blizzard sned the naxx

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
goddamn you can run android apps on your computer

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
hey cold on a cob, did you ever end up getting might and magic x

it's on sale for another hour or so at a better price than the summer sale (50%) and i'm considering giving it a shot b/c even if it doesn't look like it would work on an mba, i have two desktops that are more than qualified for the recommended specs

otoh apparently all development ended recently with no further patches coming, ubisoft cut the purse strings entirely, so it's never going to get any better than it is, barring fan patches

anyone else with relevant experience/opinion, chime in by all means

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Kenny Logins posted:

it's on sale for another hour or so at a better price than the summer sale (50%) and i'm considering giving it a shot b/c even if it doesn't look like it would work on an mba, i have two desktops that are more than qualified for the recommended specs

otoh apparently all development ended recently with no further patches coming, ubisoft cut the purse strings entirely, so it's never going to get any better than it is, barring fan patches

idk about mmx but dont buy homm vi mmh vi. just buy homm iii through gog if thats what you want

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

re: WoW legendary cape quest

keep in mind, if you're lucky this will take at least 9 weeks

Aaod posted:

How do you put up with the quest that many times? I am barely halfway with my first cloak (took a long break) and I want to kick whoever designed it in the balls. I did the math and the current step I am on would take me 40 hours of raiding with the non 100% buff at the drop rate I was having. And that is just the first step, speaking to a friend of mine she said one of the next steps is even worse.

happilyenslaved posted:

I'm not sure, but I think it's mostly because I hate not playing a character to its potential. If I'm not going to be optimal and be the best I can be (or close to it) then there's no point in playing. Since I play mostly DPS classes, I can't go without the Legendary cloak.

That's not to say that the cloak isn't as important on tanks and healers, but when you have two similarly geared DPS next to each other with one having the cloak and the other not, there should be a noticeable difference.

As I mentioned before, my Hunter is going to be my 4th Legendary cloak, and 2 out of the preceding 3 were done while the content was irrelevant.

My Mage (first cloak) finished hers a week after everyone else, because she was a week behind on the Epic. Meaning that she did not have the Epic during ToT and got the Epic and Legendary the second week into SoO.

My DK (second) and Rogue (third) were done /far/ after any of the content was relevant, unfortunately, but it was the driving force to be "optimal" that got me through the grind.

As it is, my Hunter is 1000/3000 Valor earned and already 550-equipped, which is absurd.

The character's easily got another two months of the quest ahead and will be fully geared in at least Normal/Warforged gear by then, all while sporting a stellar 553 cloak...

That's the part I don't look forward to.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Notorious QIG posted:

idk about mmx but dont buy homm vi mmh vi. just buy homm iii through gog if thats what you want
already played homm2 and homm3 to death, 10 years ago

so further to the above, the mac port of mmx is pretty shoddy and you need unity pro to mod/patch either version of the game, so even unofficial patching is incredibly unlikely

uplay requirement means unlikely to ever get to gog

ubisoft :argh:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Kenny Logins posted:

i did and so far it's ok not stellar, but i only played a few hours into it, if that. worth five bucks i guess but i had more fun with grimrock (that one sucked me in instantly)

apparently the class balance is not so great but rpgs always seem to have that problem

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

yeah, i really liked grimrock. wish there was more entries in that niche genre

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

if you act now your entire body will be consumed by dota

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

also the old might and magic games are up on gog. i bought one of them while stoned at one point and for the life of me cannot figure out how to play it

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Vintersorg posted:

re: WoW legendary cape quest

keep in mind, if you're lucky this will take at least 9 weeks

happilyenslaved posted:

I have 3 characters that I'm active on: a 582-equipped Mage (my main), a 563 Rogue and a 560 Blood DK.

I like to try and get a Normal Garrosh kill on all three during the week, in an effort to farm out some BoAs I'm still missing, but it absolutely baffles me at how hard it is for a PuG to kill him... I'm writing this after just spending 70 minutes trying to kill him on my DK, without any success.

During that 70 minutes of Hell, I had to not only lead, but teach people to play their classes. Honestly, I'm absolutely sick of it. Watching Heroic-geared Rogues die to Iron Stars is completely ridiculous, and having to tell them about using Cloak of Shadows for it is irritating.

So, my main bitch is that you (95% of the player base) need to do your part and learn your class/the fights before joining groups and holding competent players back.

Thanks.

lmao

that guy only posts in the wow subforum and seems to play nothing but wow and abslutely loving hates it apparently

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Kenny Logins posted:

I've been playing it off and on and it's pretty fun. it's fine. Nothing wrong with development being ended, it's a single player rpg with a defined beginning and end.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Pinterest Mom posted:

this thing is a chick magnet

it repels them!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Pinterest Mom posted:

lol

Apr 7, 2003

Notorious QIG posted:

also the old might and magic games are up on gog. i bought one of them while stoned at one point and for the life of me cannot figure out how to play it

Which one did you buy

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

though i guess there are some good days

happilyenslaved posted:

I got a lot done yesterday:

Started off tending to my farm and taking care of the crafted dailies, and then it was off to Magisters' Terrace for my (five) runs. The mount dropped on my first run of the day, so that was really nice.

After that I went to Darkmoon Faire to do all of the dailies across my five 90s and lone 85. While funneling prize tickets into one character and completing the "object quests" on another, I was able to buy both prize ticket mounts (for 180 tickets each).

I got the Darkmoon Eye pet from the reward bag from beating Jeremy Feasel and I also got Moon Moon from killing Moonfang (only killed her twice yesterday).

After that it was six Sethekk Halls runs for a chance at the mount off Anzu. Now that I'm done with MT I'm back to running this as much as I can, so hopefully it doesn't take too long for it to drop. : P

I also finished Valor capping on four out of my five 90s, but that's pretty easy to do with both the +50% and +100% buffs - it's like 3.5 Heroic scenarios.

Pretty good day though, that's for sure.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Citizen Tayne posted:

Which one did you buy

viii (day of the destroyer)

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Katana Gomai posted:

dont play a wow

Apr 7, 2003

Notorious QIG posted:

viii (day of the destroyer)

That one is poop. Play 4 + 5, or play MM1 because it's still sort of fun and a great historical artifact.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Notorious QIG posted:

dont play a wow

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph6d1iFAncc

Apr 7, 2003

Notorious QIG posted:

Also how can you not figure out how to play an old RPG? Walk around and talk to dudes and stuff until someone tells you what's going on. kill things.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Katana Gomai posted:

jesus christ, play wahtever you want but holy gently caress, moderation is apparently not a word in these peoples vocabulary, unless it comes to doing things in WoW

you have to truly have mental problems to devote your entire life to a hobby

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

finally enough place for my xl doritos bag

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Palpek posted:

finally enough place for my xl doritos bag

why

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Citizen Tayne posted:

Also how can you not figure out how to play an old RPG? Walk around and talk to dudes and stuff until someone tells you what's going on. kill things.

the ui is just really loving archaic. i never played it as a kid so now as an old im too used to being coddled by stuff like tes. i should take the manual.pdf to kinkos or something and give it a read

Apr 7, 2003

Notorious QIG posted:

the ui is just really loving archaic. i never played it as a kid so now as an old im too used to being coddled by stuff like tes. i should take the manual.pdf to kinkos or something and give it a read

i dunno, i thought it was pretty intuitive but I literally bought it new in a box when it came out and I was an adult.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

here it's being saved from a burning building

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

PSA: don't ever play a MMO or MOBA

hth

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol at that music

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
m&m 7 is also fun imho, i played the heck out of that and it ran on my laptop in 2000 which was neat

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

PSA: don't ever play a MMO or MOBA

hth

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Cold on a Cob posted:

m&m 7 is also fun imho, i played the heck out of that and it ran on my laptop in 2000 which was neat

im really bummed that i cant get mm8 working in boxer

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

jesus christ, play wahtever you want but holy gently caress, moderation is apparently not a word in these peoples vocabulary, unless it comes to doing things in WoW

you have to truly have mental problems to devote your entire life to a hobby

all the poo poo he did in that one day adds up to 5-8 hours apparently

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

rumor has it that the hearthstone expansion price leaked. it consists of 5 wings:

wing 1: free
wings 2-5: 600 gold (~a week and a half of playing casually) or $10

lol @ the people who are going to spend $40 on this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

• Locked thread