Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

They've released their compiled list of exclusives; obviously not a complete list.

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/2014/exclusives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
WB TV Panels announced. Films will probably be announced by the end of this week.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
I'm guessing that means the rest of the networks WB owns will be rolling out their own schedules soon. At least from that, it looks like Adult Swim is back in Indigo on Friday.

Not mentioned in this release, but there's gonna be a Batman '66 panel in Hall H from 6-7pm on Thursday, with Adam West, Burt Ward, and Julie Newmar.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Space_Butler posted:

I'm guessing that means the rest of the networks WB owns will be rolling out their own schedules soon. At least from that, it looks like Adult Swim is back in Indigo on Friday.

Yeah. HBO is run by Time-Warner but is its own beast as far as operations go, so we'll probably see Game of Thrones and all that soon-ish. WB likely already has confirmation from CCI but doesn't want to put out too much at once.

Girlfriend's excited about the Following getting a nice dead hour. Also good to see Constantine going to 6BCF. Maybe I'll get to put my cosplay to good use and get in. :3:

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now

Axel Serenity posted:

WB TV Panels announced. Films will probably be announced by the end of this week.

Uh...

2:30–3:15 p.m. — Mike Tyson Mysteries (Premiering this fall, Adult Swim): In this new animated comedy series, Mike Tyson is taking the fight from the boxing ring to the streets … by solving mysteries! Join us for a first look at this new adult animated series and a can’t-miss panel featuring Mike Tyson, Rachel Ramras (MAD), Jim Rash (Community) and producer Hugh Davidson (The Looney Tunes Show). Indigo Ballroom

:wtc:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Nice, Indigo should be more manageable than H or even 20. If Rick and Morty are in there I'll probably just do that. gently caress doing Hall H.

Satorr posted:

Uh...

2:30–3:15 p.m. — Mike Tyson Mysteries (Premiering this fall, Adult Swim): In this new animated comedy series, Mike Tyson is taking the fight from the boxing ring to the streets … by solving mysteries! Join us for a first look at this new adult animated series and a can’t-miss panel featuring Mike Tyson, Rachel Ramras (MAD), Jim Rash (Community) and producer Hugh Davidson (The Looney Tunes Show). Indigo Ballroom

You have to be stoned to get it okay

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Satorr posted:

Uh...

You are a TV executive. Mike Tyson is in your office pitching a show. How do you respond?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Axel Serenity posted:

You are a TV executive. Mike Tyson is in your office pitching a show. How do you respond?

TV Show 43 coming soon to Adult Swim

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
To be fair, I love watching a bunch of Drunk Hill Billy Squids do essentially nothing for 12 minutes without the use of any drugs.

Adult Swim can spin its magic and you'll probably blow some PA to get into their hip SDCC party if given the chance.

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Hey man. You're number one. Put it. In. The Bucket.
Just wanted to let you guys know- our Mega64 panel this year is gonna be on Friday at 8PM in 6DE. We're in a WAY bigger room this year as to hopefully not turn anyone away this time. It's going to be a lot of fun so I hope you can make it!

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Rocco posted:

Just wanted to let you guys know- our Mega64 panel this year is gonna be on Friday at 8PM in 6DE. We're in a WAY bigger room this year as to hopefully not turn anyone away this time. It's going to be a lot of fun so I hope you can make it!

Don't you usually get Thursday as well?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Rocco posted:

What are you guys giving away for free at your booth???? (Kidding)

Are you gonna have a new dvd available? (Not kidding)

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello

RevKrule posted:

What are you guys giving away for free at your booth???? (Kidding)

Are you gonna have a new dvd available? (Not kidding)

There are three certain things in this life. Death, taxes and new Mega64 con exclusive DVD.

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Hey man. You're number one. Put it. In. The Bucket.

bobula posted:

There are three certain things in this life. Death, taxes and new Mega64 con exclusive DVD.

HA! Wrong! Busted!

...We have a Con Exclusive Blu Ray this year.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Rocco posted:

HA! Wrong! Busted!

Ugh! Way to sell out to The Man. Call me when you return to your roots and sell on Betamax.

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello

Rocco posted:

HA! Wrong! Busted!

I don't think I even have a blu-ray player. Guess I'll have to skip this year :''''''(

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Though I wish I could make it to San Diego this year, looks like I won't be getting further than Chicago!

HOWEVER,since I am vending at Wizard World Chicago (August 21st through 24th), I'd like to hear from anyone who'd be interested in splitting a room at a hotel near the show. And if you have already reserved a room and have space for one more, that would also work (I have an air mattress, so I could even take the floor.)

Please drop me a line at beepo@whatisdeepfried.com if you would like to discuss this with me!

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

The Hard Rock is doing a comic drive for the military. For the first 1000 (one thousand) people, if you show up with a comic you get a lanyard that gets you all day happy hour.

Lanyard or no, I have an assload of comics I've been looking to get rid of anyway.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

And what does happy hour get you

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

And what does happy hour get you

Like most places, cheaper alcohol.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Would any kind goons going to SDCC be willing to grab NECA's Ahab Predator for me? :kiddo:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Xenomrph posted:

Would any kind goons going to SDCC be willing to grab NECA's Ahab Predator for me? :kiddo:

I'll definitely try! Does NECA always do cash only? I didn't buy anything from them last year because I never carry cash. I'll have a pull out some this time I suppose.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Sire Oblivion posted:

I'll definitely try! Does NECA always do cash only? I didn't buy anything from them last year because I never carry cash. I'll have a pull out some this time I suppose.
I have no idea how their booth works, sorry. :(

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Cash is always king at con. If you aren't sure if someone takes cards, always have cash ready. The worst that happens is you have extra cash in your wallet that you can use for lunch.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Last year it was cash only, kinda poo poo. I'll try though.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
Number one rule for Comic Con is you ALWAYS carry cash with you and never assume places take cards. Chances are improving that they do these days, but even so, the internet in there is often so bad that if they're equipped to handle cards on tablets, it's going to be slow as gently caress.

Cash is key. Always carry cash no matter what.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:
And woe be unto those who dare to brave the ATM lines, for their efforts will be rewarded with frustration and exorbitant fees.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

XOIC of Radishes posted:

And woe be unto those who dare to brave the ATM lines, for their efforts will be rewarded with frustration and exorbitant fees.

There's multiple 7-11's well within walking distance with ATMs as well as banks. If you're using the ATMs inside the convention center, you deserve to be ripped off on fees and lines.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

RevKrule posted:

If you're using the ATMs inside the convention center, you deserve to be ripped off on fees and lines.

I too believe people should get hosed out of their money for using convenient options.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Just have a checking account that refunds ATM fees, scrubs :smug:

Also, for reals, if you have a credit union that's part of the ATM co-op network, there are some locations near Horton plaza if you need to load up before the Con.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Sire Oblivion posted:

I too believe people should get hosed out of their money for using convenient options.

I too listed convenient yet cheaper option but since you insist....
https://www.google.com/maps/search/atm+near+Gaslamp,+San+Diego,+CA/@32.708371,-117.1596046,16z

These are all most likely cheaper as well probably have zero line. If you're staying in downtown, unless you're at the Mariott or Hilton Bayside, it's already on your way to the CC.

Axel Serenity posted:

Just have a checking account that refunds ATM fees, scrubs :smug:

Also, for reals, if you have a credit union that's part of the ATM co-op network, there are some locations near Horton plaza if you need to load up before the Con.

This is also the best option. My credit union (as well as my wife's, totally different credit union) both don't charge fees for any ATM within the credit union network nor at any 7-11 location. There's also less chance of a 7-11 ATM being out of money, which I know has been a convention center problem in the past. I stayed in the Omni last year and with a little extra planning, I was able to pull out money from a free ATM just about every day and all it took was a little bit of a detour before I headed over (maybe 2 blocks out of my way)

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm not advocating anyone get hosed out of money, I'm advocating being smarter with your money, especially if going a little out of your way and pre-planning can save you some good coin.

RevKrule fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jul 7, 2014

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Woohoo! I had resigned myself to not going this year (need to save the money for more practical purposes) but I might be able to go on Sunday (I'd be taking a friend who's a guest at a panel; he's got mobility issues and needs someone to help him out). It's a long shot but it'd be nice if it happened; a day of con is better than no con at all. :dance:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

RevKrule posted:

Just to clarify, I'm not advocating anyone get hosed out of money, I'm advocating being smarter with your money, especially if going a little out of your way and pre-planning can save you some good coin.

I get it but I saying people "deserve to be ripped off" comes off as kind of rear end in a top hat-ish.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Friday in the indigo ballroom so far:

2:30 Mike Tyson
4PM Bob's Burgers
5PM Archer

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Fox TV Lineup Announced. Includes American Horror Story debut. Also, lanyards this year are Penny Dreadful themed, which I am super stoked about.

Also, for those that have gone to the Preview Night screenings, what's the atmosphere like? Is it fairly easy to get in or is it a madhouse line like B20 is most of the rest of the Con. GF and I aren't really interested in exclusives this year, but it'd be cool to see the pilots.

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jul 7, 2014

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Axel Serenity posted:

Fox TV Lineup Announced. Includes American Horror Story debut. Also, lanyards this year are Penny Dreadful themed, which I am super stoked about.

Also, for those that have gone to the Preview Night screenings, what's the atmosphere like? Is it fairly easy to get in or is it a madhouse line like B20 is most of the rest of the Con. GF and I aren't really interested in exclusives this year, but it'd be cool to see the pilots.

It's pretty much the only panel of the night and certainly the only big studio panel of the night. I think it's easier to get into Hall H on Saturday some years than getting into the pilot screenings.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

RevKrule posted:

It's pretty much the only panel of the night and certainly the only big studio panel of the night. I think it's easier to get into Hall H on Saturday some years than getting into the pilot screenings.

Well that's disappointing.

I was hoping with them just being screenings and not full panels it would be easier. Well, guess I'll just have to scope out the line after hotel check-in. :sigh:

If nothing else maybe I can go snag one of those Frozen Funko exclusives this year for the lady. Maybe that will soften the blow.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

Dr Tran posted:

Friday in the indigo ballroom so far:

2:30 Mike Tyson
4PM Bob's Burgers
5PM Archer

Seems like an awful long time for Mike Tyson.

Oh well, get in for Tyson, camp for Archer.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Community will be returning this year with a panel.
Thursday, 2:15 Ballroom 20.

Also read about how it was saved.
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Community-Saved-Yahoo-NBC-Last-Minute-Scramble-1084023.aspx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Just a reminder that I'm interested in someone picking up the Thanos Imperative Marvel Legends set for me at the con. I will handsomely reward ye with money and arts. PM me if interested!

• Locked thread