Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Gologle posted:

Where's spooky's role in this?

Yelling at people not to touch his stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Considering Nintendo is an official sponsor now, that announcements period after Smash better be a new character reveal.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

texasmed posted:

I don't think super turbo gets stream time outside like the last round of a grand finals match. I wish it was different too.

That's loving terrible.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
Marvel up against the world cup finals. Tough draw.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

cronox2 posted:

Considering Nintendo is an official sponsor now, that announcements period after Smash better be a new character reveal.

im expecting mkx characters too

Mantle
May 15, 2004

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

I see the Tournament of Legends finals, but I do not see the rest of the Tournament of Legends.

Is that also ending up on CapcomFighters or am I just poo poo out of luck for wanting to see some good ST?

In the past damdai has run a stream for ST. Its not official so it won't be on the schedule but keep an eye out for it.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Oh boy I can't wait to miss most of this due to paywalled archives again.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Mantle posted:

In the past damdai has run a stream for ST. Its not official so it won't be on the schedule but keep an eye out for it.

https://www.twitch.tv/arkadeum will be streaming all weekend

There's also one (or two?) recording setups so those videos should be posted after Evo.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
I asked this question a month or so ago but nobody answered, so I'll ask again now that we're closer to the event.

Is the EVO premium subscription worth it? Was the HD stream actually nice and did it run well the whole time?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Brett824 posted:

Marvel up against the world cup finals. Tough draw.
It's too bad the US didn't make it all the way to the finals. I'm gonna be at EVO and I've always wanted to die in a sports riot.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

Satorr posted:

I asked this question a month or so ago but nobody answered, so I'll ask again now that we're closer to the event.

Is the EVO premium subscription worth it? Was the HD stream actually nice and did it run well the whole time?

I thought it was very solid last year, but your experience is dictated by the CDNs near you and how overloaded they are at any given moment.

ZerodotJander
Dec 29, 2004

Chinaman, explain!
Note that according to the ST Revival schedule the Evo Main Stage ST event on Saturday is going to be Top 8 of X-Mania US (single elim team tournament) and not TOL Finals. Doesn't look like TOL will be on the main stage at all, Top 32 (winners of the pools running that day plus previous qualifiers and japanese invites) will start at 4 PM Friday and will be streamed on Arkadeum.

Here's the lineups for both TOL and X-Mania - http://www.strevival.com/evo2014pools/

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Marvel 4 will be announced. Also, Geno confirmed for Smash.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

And Sega will announce a new console with Eternal Champions being a launch title.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Satorr posted:

When it worked it was good but it lagged some. Twitch has proved a lot in the last year so who knows how it will perform. Evo is going on at the same time as the International for Dota2 so we'll see how the servers hold up.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Any new game that is announced that is not "New Virtua Fighter" can go away.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

EVO 2014 ends with Victor Fontanes shedding his mortal coil and ascending to a higher existence atop his mighty throne of skulls. But he still yells at people to stop touching his computer.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

lamentable dustman posted:

When it worked it was good but it lagged some. Twitch has proved a lot in the last year so who knows how it will perform. Evo is going on at the same time as the International for Dota2 so we'll see how the servers hold up.

Twitch really should have separate servers for the DOTA poo poo at this point.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

lamentable dustman posted:

The International is the weekend after EVO.

Edit - Nope, I'm wrong, that's just the main event. Playoffs are happening at the same time as EVO, I hope that doesn't cause problems.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Has Soulcalibur ever been taken seriously in a competitive format? I haven't seen much of it, but I always thought the character creation thing was a cool idea. Though probably impractical to import into a tournament.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
this weekend will have ti4, evo and nalcs

rip twitch servers, never forget

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

graynull posted:

Has Soulcalibur ever been taken seriously in a competitive format? I haven't seen much of it, but I always thought the character creation thing was a cool idea. Though probably impractical to import into a tournament.

yes, but pretty much every game past 2 has been sort of a joke

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

graynull posted:

II was at Evo 2003-04 and SBO 2003, III was at SBO 2007, IV was at Evo 2009, and V was at Evo 2012 and SBO 2012. 2003 and 2009 were won by French players, as they've always had a strong Soul Calibur scene.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Confirmed to have an anti-air move called Geno's side cutter.

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I'LL GET YOU THIS YEAR! EVEN IF I SAID THIS LAST YEAR TOOOOOO
God I love the smell of salty succubi in the morning

texasmed posted:

I don't think super turbo gets stream time outside like the last round of a grand finals match. I wish it was different too.

Absolutely disgusting.

Like I know super turbo is one of the older games, but still.

Ugh.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Marvel 4 will be announced.

If the stars align, CVS3 will be announced instead.

And, if the elder gods take their places, it may not be a disappointment.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Trollhawke posted:

Absolutely disgusting.

Like I know super turbo is one of the older games, but still.

Ugh.

Oh really? let me see if I can do something about this.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

AkumaHokoru posted:

Oh really? let me see if I can do something about this.

(Team) spooby pls

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
Sorry I tried to get art to pick it up but he's booked.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Thanks for trying at least

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
btw i think i did this last year but im closing this thread on about thursday and linking to the evo thread, i will reopen it on monday.

this is so no one gets confused and posts here, and also leaves people with an easy link to the evo thread.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
Good god I didn't know The International stretched this long. I hope Twitch is loving ready.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

btw i think i did this last year but im closing this thread on about thursday and linking to the evo thread, i will reopen it on monday.

this is so no one gets confused and posts here, and also leaves people with an easy link to the evo thread.

:respek:

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
What is the state of Marvel nowadays? I personally feel like that game has dropped from everyone's radar, but I really don't know.

If the hype has really run out of gas for it, would it be crazy for Capcom to drop another iteration? Has Capcom kept up support anywhere on the same level that it has for Street Fighter?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

What is the state of Marvel nowadays? I personally feel like that game has dropped from everyone's radar, but I really don't know.

If the hype has really run out of gas for it, would it be crazy for Capcom to drop another iteration? Has Capcom kept up support anywhere on the same level that it has for Street Fighter?
Capcom no longer has the Marvel license they cannot do this.

As for the other stuff, who cares.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Marvel got the second most entrants at Evo again and will probably have the most viewers, again. It's doing just fine.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

So.... I've been chatting with some friends about Street Fighter a great deal and one of them mentioned that it would be hilarious to hear me do match commentary. Personally I'm a big fan of James Chen and Ultradavid's rapport, but I don't mind the more explicitly hype-minded commentators either. I don't have encyclopedic move-list or frame data knowledge but I kind of want to give it a try - any advice?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

iPodschun posted:

Marvel got the second most entrants at Evo again and will probably have the most viewers, again. It's doing just fine.

Let's just hope that FChamp and Chris G get knocked out again like last year. Those were the best matches.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

strangemusic posted:

So.... I've been chatting with some friends about Street Fighter a great deal and one of them mentioned that it would be hilarious to hear me do match commentary. Personally I'm a big fan of James Chen and Ultradavid's rapport, but I don't mind the more explicitly hype-minded commentators either. I don't have encyclopedic move-list or frame data knowledge but I kind of want to give it a try - any advice?

Go find some NLBC or WNF tournaments on twitch or youtube, mute the sound, and practice your own commentary over it. See what happens.

Try to find a balance between professionalism, hype, and being entertaining. Also prepare for tons of critics because you can't ever make everyone happy.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now

TaurusOxford posted:

Let's just hope that FChamp and Chris G get knocked out again like last year. Those were the best matches.

I want to see FullSchedule knock FChamp and Neo into losers, then drop into losers himself and knock them both out of the tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

Satorr posted:

I want to see FullSchedule knock FChamp and Neo into losers, then drop into losers himself and knock them both out of the tournament.

I want someone Japanese to see Full Schedule's stick and start laughing in his face (it says "All Schedule" on it in Japanese).