Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chriskory
Aug 18, 2004

Back when I was actively driving I drove Akina even in my dreams

A Proper Uppercut posted:

I'm definitely interested. Do you know which..er..model GMX it is? Looks like there's a few different ones. Motion, Lite, etc.

Edit: Ah, never mind. My chest is more like 38 inches. Damnit.

You're actually the right size. I have to suck myself in to zip it up, and I can't wear more then a thin moisture wicking layer.
Cut is much narrower than any Dianese I've worn

This is the second (current) generation of the GMX motion.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=11492

This photo reminds me, I'd like to sell these Hood Jeans. They are K7? Black and straight cut.
I'm a 32 or 33 normally and these are a bit tight around the waist once on the bike. If you are comfortably 30-32 I would say they'd be good for you.

I think I paid $200, but I'd say $60 shipped is reasonable. I never went down in them or got them wet, they do not smell like balls.

User name @ gmail for any questions or paypal

Chriskory fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jun 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I'll take the jeans :) - paypal transaction ID: 1ET66144FM483882D

Threw in a few extra bucks to help out with shipping.

Thanks!

Z3n fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jun 17, 2014

Chriskory
Aug 18, 2004

Shucks, I should have asked more.

I got your Paypal, I'll send them out tomorrow. Thanks!

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Chichevache posted:

I can honestly say that if you were on the West Coast and the price was right I would be all over that as my first project bike. God drat it is a beauty.

Same here but Chicagoland. I would totally (try to) get that thing up and running and wheelie off into the sunset.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
What would you two consider is a fair price? Someone just offered 300 but I think I should hold off to see what else I get.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Chriskory posted:

Shucks, I should have asked more.

I got your Paypal, I'll send them out tomorrow. Thanks!

That was pretty much perfect impulse buy pricing for me, haha. Any more and I probably wouldn't have jumped on them :)

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

hot sauce posted:

What would you two consider is a fair price? Someone just offered 300 but I think I should hold off to see what else I get.

Uh, you may be asking the wrong one of two here. I would probably go as high as 500, but that's my absolute ceiling for not getting wifemurdered on something like that. No clue what the market will actually bear.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

captainOrbital posted:

Uh, you may be asking the wrong one of two here. I would probably go as high as 500, but that's my absolute ceiling for not getting wifemurdered on something like that. No clue what the market will actually bear.

Same. I have no clue what it is probably worth, but 300 would probably have been close to my limit based on being a poor student. I don't know what you should actually expect to get for it.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Listing for a friend. Bike is very well maintained and I would be buying it if I didn't already have too many bikes.

2007 Suzuki DR-400s (street legal from the factory)

Original owner, bought new from Ultimate Motorsports, clear title in hand.
44 year old owner and used mostly for forest road scouting and camping. All the plastics on the bike are original and in excellent shape. The only scratches are the odd bits of brush on some tighter trails. No cracks, bends, tears, etc. and all mechanical/electrical works 100%.

The pictures speak for themselves.

Fresh oil change, valve inspection (no adjust needed), and air filter cleaned in last 100 miles.
Fork seals changed last year as preventative maintenance.

9,7XX miles
Inclues:
Pro-Taper SE bars
Pro-Taper bar risers
Moose brush guards
Moose brush guard covers
Thumpertalk skidplate
Thumpertalk Case Savers
JD Jet kit
3x3 mod
Cored exhaust
Clarke 4 gallon tank
Stock fuel tank in perfect condition
Edge tail light
1 stock front sprockets (on bike)
1 -1 tooth front sprocket (about ten mins to swap for tight trail riding)
New chain in last 150 miles
Newish battery (8-9 months)
Wired for battery tender
O'neal tool pouch
Extra set of brand new tires
Rear tire and two stock-type Trailwings
(5 tires plus what's on the bike)
Nice cushy seat-pad cover (stock seat in perfect shape underneath, no rips or tears).
Garage kept (no rust, no plastic fade)

Stock handlebars
Stock tail light
Stock gas tank
Original owners manual
Hayne's service manual
All original keys!
All original bolts/hardware, even the seat strap (assorted labeled ziploc bags)

Bike is located in Claxton, TN (just south of Oak Ridge in North West Knoxville).

Cash in hand for test rides and cash-only sale.

$3,500
Contact info here - http://www.easttnriders.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43792 Otherwise PM me

that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zty41aqfOG4

This bike has been sold. FU.

that one guy chad fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jul 28, 2014

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Oh look, I was wondering how that thing was doing. It's a nice bike, buy it :)

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Sigh... if only I could take some more time off work, I would love to do a fly-n-ride on that sv :sigh:

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010
Anyone have any second gen SV650 parts they are looking to get rid of. Looking for Sargent/Corbin seat, exhaust, power commander, tinted windscreen, etc.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Anyone in the Wisconsin area (which is sadly not the phoenix area) interested in trading your sv650 pointy edition for my drz400sm awesome edition?

Sort of a feeler post, as I'm not sure I want to do it yet, but I'm getting that 2-3 year itch

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

NitroSpazzz posted:

Listing for a friend. Bike is very well maintained and I would be buying it if I didn't already have too many bikes.

2007 Suzuki DR-400s (street legal from the factory)

Original owner, bought new from Ultimate Motorsports, clear title in hand.
44 year old owner and used mostly for forest road scouting and camping. All the plastics on the bike are original and in excellent shape. The only scratches are the odd bits of brush on some tighter trails. No cracks, bends, tears, etc. and all mechanical/electrical works 100%.

The pictures speak for themselves.

Fresh oil change, valve inspection (no adjust needed), and air filter cleaned in last 100 miles.
Fork seals changed last year as preventative maintenance.

9,7XX miles
Inclues:
Pro-Taper SE bars
Pro-Taper bar risers
Moose brush guards
Moose brush guard covers
Thumpertalk skidplate
Thumpertalk Case Savers
JD Jet kit
3x3 mod
Cored exhaust
Clarke 4 gallon tank
Stock fuel tank in perfect condition
Edge tail light
1 stock front sprockets (on bike)
1 -1 tooth front sprocket (about ten mins to swap for tight trail riding)
New chain in last 150 miles
Newish battery (8-9 months)
Wired for battery tender
O'neal tool pouch
Extra set of brand new tires
Rear tire and two stock-type Trailwings
(5 tires plus what's on the bike)
Nice cushy seat-pad cover (stock seat in perfect shape underneath, no rips or tears).
Garage kept (no rust, no plastic fade)

Stock handlebars
Stock tail light
Stock gas tank
Original owners manual
Hayne's service manual
All original keys!
All original bolts/hardware, even the seat strap (assorted labeled ziploc bags)

Bike is located in Claxton, TN (just south of Oak Ridge in North West Knoxville).

Cash in hand for test rides and cash-only sale.

$3,500
Contact info here - http://www.easttnriders.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43792 Otherwise PM me

Damnit, if it was September, I would be booking a flight to Knoxville.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

M42 posted:

^ I'm getting rid of my Dainese carbon cover womens gloves. Got a CL buyer coming over to check them out this week, but if that doesn't work out, you can grab em. They're a womens medium, but they're pretty drat small.

Any update on this? I hate to pester but my gf and i are likely motorbiking Pittsburgh to Baltimore next weekend and it'd be nice to have gloves by then :)

M42
Nov 12, 2012

They've been hemming and hawing so I set a deadline of tomorrow midday to come see them, otherwise they're all yours. Meanwhile, you should check out the dainese womens glove size chart and see if they will fit your gf.

M42 fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jun 20, 2014

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Damnit, if it was September, I would be booking a flight to Knoxville.

Pay for it and I'll make sure it sees the road once a week until you can. :-)

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

alnilam posted:

My girlfriend needs new gloves! Does anyone have small-sized gloves they're willing to part with? Not picky about the type (she rides as passenger), just looking for something cheap-ish with decent protection.

^^ M42 made a very nice offer, but was waiting on a potential craigslist buyer who ended up taking them :argh:

And my local craigslist has very little used gear, because western PA is non-gear-wearing-middle-aged-harley-dude central USA.

So I'm repeating this request, if anyone has some small ladies' gloves I'd really appreciate it :)

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

edit

Tenchrono fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jun 22, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Anyone interested in this blue/ white Pilot USA size 44 motorcycle track suit? It's an older one but barely used. Have had it lying around for a while now.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Christoff posted:

Anyone interested in this blue/ white Pilot USA size 44 motorcycle track suit? It's an older one but barely used. Have had it lying around for a while now.

Can you tell me a little more about the material and pricing? The size seems like it is about right for me.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Chichevache posted:

Can you tell me a little more about the material and pricing? The size seems like it is about right for me.

What would you like to know? I can't find any details on the suit itself. It's an older suit but here's the website

http://pilotmotosport.com/evo_suits/

How's $350 shipped?

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Selling my AlpineStars SP-2 Gloves, XL, Black, 2014 model.

I wore them once - they are too small for me, and unfortunately I threw away the tags so I couldn't return them so someone gets a nice deal.

Perfect condition obviously, $100 shipped.

Super cool gloves, they just ended up being too small for my fat stupid man hands.

This is the model:
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-sp-2-gloves

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Christoff posted:

What would you like to know? I can't find any details on the suit itself. It's an older suit but here's the website

http://pilotmotosport.com/evo_suits/

How's $350 shipped?

The price sounds totally reasonable, but I can't swing it right now. Thanks for the info though, it is a great looking suit.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Chichevache posted:

The price sounds totally reasonable, but I can't swing it right now. Thanks for the info though, it is a great looking suit.

It's been sitting in a closet for about 6 years it's not going anywhere so let me know.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Christoff posted:

It's been sitting in a closet for about 6 years it's not going anywhere so let me know.

Awesome. Well if you still have it when I free up the cash I'll definitely be interested.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

Voltage posted:

Glove issues
I usually take a medium or a large depending on brand but based on Revzilla suggesting going up a size I took a chance and went up to an XL on my GP Plus gloves. Those suckers were TIGHT for quite a while before they broke in. They are still snug but they fit pretty well now. Alpinstars sizes way, way off any other manufacturer that I've tried.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Chriskory posted:

You're actually the right size. I have to suck myself in to zip it up, and I can't wear more then a thin moisture wicking layer.
Cut is much narrower than any Dianese I've worn

This is the second (current) generation of the GMX motion.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=11492

This photo reminds me, I'd like to sell these Hood Jeans. They are K7? Black and straight cut.
I'm a 32 or 33 normally and these are a bit tight around the waist once on the bike. If you are comfortably 30-32 I would say they'd be good for you.

I think I paid $200, but I'd say $60 shipped is reasonable. I never went down in them or got them wet, they do not smell like balls.

User name @ gmail for any questions or paypal

I am in love with your jacket. How does the sizing work?

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=39196

So a medium is 46? The sizing chart looks just about right. Does it fit bigger? Smaller? Or true to size?

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~

Is that a fuckin PT belt? Why?

tjones
May 13, 2005
Because you always wear your PT belt. You never know when you or your friends may be hit by a car.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

4 carbs is just 2 or 3 too many. I've been working on my 83 Suzuki GS750E every weekend for a month and change, and I just cannot get it to idle. I'm about to bite the bullet and take it to the shop to get fixed once and for all. Once I do that, I think I'm done with this bike, possibly all bikes forever. I've never had a bike that ran normally for more than a month.

Anyway, throwing this out there to see if anyone's interested, pre- or post- mechanic trip. It's in fantastic shape for a 30 year old bike, you can see the vintage bike thread and motorcycle Q thread for my ongoing battle with carburetors. Runs strong, I simply cannot figure out this idle, and I don't have the tools for it anymore.

As long as I can get somewhere above $2k, I'll break even and be happy. Clean NJ title, owner's manual, tool kit too.
Im in Morristown.

This is a longshot, but if anyone wants to trade for some flavor of DRZ, I'm all ears. One, possibly two carburetors is the most I can handle.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jul 5, 2014

Chriskory
Aug 18, 2004

Kaliber posted:

I am in love with your jacket. How does the sizing work?

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=39196

So a medium is 46? The sizing chart looks just about right. Does it fit bigger? Smaller? Or true to size?

Whoops, I need to update. I decided to buy another bike, rather than sell this jacket. I do love it that much.

I think medium/46 is small? Mine is 52 and Japanese XXL.

Oglogoth posted:

Is that a fuckin PT belt? Why?

Because my SGT told me to, but I live a PT belt free life now.

Chriskory fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jul 7, 2014

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
For sale is my 2009 KTM 690 SMC supermoto. I am the second owner of this bike and purchased it with just over 1100 miles on the odometer. Current mileage is 5500 (increasing as I commute to work). The bike has been meticulously maintained with oil changes ever 1300-1500 miles, using the correct Motorex 10w-60 synthetic oil and genuine KTM filters. Last oil change was June 6th, @ 5370mi. Overall condition is excellent, with only minor scratches from normal use. Bone stock with the exception of tires.

Tires are nearly new (changed ~500 miles ago) ContiAttack SM, a supermoto specific tire with incredible traction.

Included with the sale are the following (not installed):
KTM Euro LED tail light
KTM Euro plate holder
KTM enduro skid plate
Stock passenger pegs
Alternate color plastics (front/rear cowl, fender)
Front and rear heavy duty tubes
Factory KTM owner's manual
KTM tool kit and owner folio

This 690 SMC is one of THE BEST motorcycles I've ever owned or ridden. With its upright seating position, tons of leg room, and tall stature it's perfect for in town riding! You look over the top of all cars and most SUVs/pickups. Fuel economy is outstanding - I average 57mpg and have seen as high as 74mpg when riding in Colorado. The Brembo brakes and stock equipment braided steel lines are absolute anchors, providing great stopping power with no fade. Brake fluid was changed out with Motul RBF600 last fall.

You will NOT find a more fun or more versatile bike to ride!

Located in central IA. $6500.

Edit: I have a Giant Loop Moto Coyote saddlebag we can discuss. Here's the bike loaded up for an overnight trip

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Just gotta say that's a drat good deal. Check Craigslist and no one is asking less than 7-8k which is bs and the lower priced ones have body damage or 25k miles

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Christoff posted:

Just gotta say that's a drat good deal. Check Craigslist and no one is asking less than 7-8k which is bs and the lower priced ones have body damage or 25k miles

It's not 100% perfect by any means (because I actually ride it! Even on gravel) but it's in drat good shape. There's a few scratches here and there and it was lowsided once by yours truly. Only evidence of the crash left are some scuffs on the right peg and throttle cable housing.

That's the 'no bullshit get it gone' price lol. I've had it listed on a few forums for a month or so at 7k and have only had a few nibbles, nothing serious. Central Iowa is not exactly a hotbed for sumo riders, so local sale is not likely.

GOON SPECIAL! buy this fucker at my asking price and I will give you that GL Coyote shown in the second pic. They're nearly 400 new.

needknees fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jul 7, 2014

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

That's a fine price.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
sold

kylej fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jul 28, 2014

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

Sold.

I'm selling my WR250R (in Phoenix):

Imgur gallery: http://imgur.com/a/70WpZ
Craigslist ad with the details: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/mcy/4573019465.html

I just haven't had the time to do the kind of riding that this bike excels at. It really is a fun bike to ride but I'll be honest and say its not great on the freeway, greater than 60mph, and I'm mostly a commuter these days. I'm not really sure what to price this at, there isn't much local. From what I've seen on ADVrider and craigslist the range seems to be $3,800 with a ton of abuse and miles to $5,800 for newer ones with ~farkles~. I think $5,000 with low miles is fair but I'd go to $4,500 for a Cycle Asylum dude.

jdonz fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jul 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
Great deal on some nice leathers! Selling my Joe Rocket Honda leathers. Solid construction, thick leather, fully perforated. Never been crash tested and in great condition.

Selling because they are a little short in the torso for me. I'm 6' 180lbs and they're snug in the chest/gut (they fit a hell of a lot better twenty pounds ago... :shepicide: ) with a Knox Contour back protector. Sliders have a little life left in them.

Pics

$350 shipped or $325 picked up. Located in central Iowa but I will be at ACC for the 8/2-8/3 weekend.