Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Eight-Six posted:

I massacred the poo poo out of 1/1/1 Rala, got a Lehbrailg on the first run, and upgraded it with a translurry I had lying around. Still up for doing Yorcia runs to fill in some holes in my Skirmish armor sets, namely Cizin gear.

I feel like I'm missing something. The only Skirmish I've done is Yorcia Weald, and it seemed like you'd need 2 players minimum, one to hunt nests/noetics, and one to defend while the first was roaming. How exactly are you managing to solo Skirmish?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Zero The Hero posted:

I feel like I'm missing something. The only Skirmish I've done is Yorcia Weald, and it seemed like you'd need 2 players minimum, one to hunt nests/noetics, and one to defend while the first was roaming. How exactly are you managing to solo Skirmish?

Ceizak/Rala skirmishes have different requirements: they're "defeat X monsters" and "defeat x NMs" respectively.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
A BLM, RDM, SCH or GEO with Moogle/Sakura trusts and solid 115-119 gear should have no trouble soloing Yorcia I/II.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

CubsWoo posted:

A BLM, RDM, SCH or GEO with Moogle/Sakura trusts and solid 115-119 gear should have no trouble soloing Yorcia I/II.

I have a blm and those two trusts, but I do not have a solid 115-119 gear. I also have no gearswap/spellcast for blm, just normal macros with occasional equips. If someone joins me, I should be able to duo/trio most of the Yorica tiers. If someone does noetics and goatse dens, I might be able to solo it. I would have my healbot with me.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Anyone know why my battle text over mobs heads doesn't show up? I have the windower plugin for battle text, could that be causing it?

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Holyshoot posted:

Anyone know why my battle text over mobs heads doesn't show up? I have the windower plugin for battle text, could that be causing it?

There is an option to turn that on or off, or have both text and visual graphic. It is in the menu somewhere. If you turn it on, restart your windower client. If the over mob's head the damage they just took does not appear, then it is probably because the battle text plugin overwrites that. No worries, I bet you can either turn off battle text or you can edit what battle text does. Make it so it allows damage take over mobs' head. To learn more about the battle text plugin, go to their windower forum page. Or just google it. Do not look at google image search, Battle Text is one sexy rule 34.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
I am planning on doing some Yorica Weald Skirmish with my main and alt. I was planning on doing a bunch about three or four T1 runs, and three, maybe more, t2 runs. If anyone is interested in joining me, I should be on around 10:30pm-11pm edt. If the AH has enough parts, I will be doing this.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

And if it doesn't, find Trans, I have literally dozens of T1 parts for each zone.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

CubsWoo posted:

And if it doesn't, find Trans, I have literally dozens of T1 parts for each zone.

I will gladly take them off your hands for some gils.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
What are my chances of getting banned using clipper to run around really fast if I keep on auto-disable?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

What are my chances of getting banned using clipper to run around really fast if I keep on auto-disable?

As long as you aren't incredibly retarded with it, slim to none. Some people run around with a constant 30% boost, and some use it to Benny hill kite bcnm.

The only thing you really need to watch for is popping the zone timer between zone lines. I.e. don't run from one zone line to the next (especially in old zones) at like 900%

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

To any goons who still have HPBayld, I'm changing up how I'm buying it. The more you sell, the more you get:

Sell 1-49: 15000/HPB
50-99: 20000/HPB
100-499: 25000/HPB
500+: 30000/HPB

Currently at ~1600/13099, so any help is appreciated.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Holyshoot posted:

As long as you keep it set at 15.0 and make sure it's disabled when on Chocobo, you should never have any issues zoning too quickly.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Hey friends, does anyone have that amazing picture of the fat Mithra in the dalmatica eating cheetos? I need it. For reasons.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

July login campaign: empy +2 items and trust: star sybil.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

mistaya posted:

Hey friends, does anyone have that amazing picture of the fat Mithra in the dalmatica eating cheetos? I need it. For reasons.
That was trans, and it should be in the OP of a previous thread.

Also yay, finally some new stat rings.

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
So they just remembered that Ninja was still a job in this game then? I still can't wrap my head around how there being no wildskeeper or delve katanas was just something that happened for over a year.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Well to be fair, the rest of us also forgot Ninja existed once Abyssea came to the end.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
Welcome to SoA, where monks get Oats and everyone else can suck a dick!

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

Welcome to SoA, where monks get Oats and everyone else can suck a dick!

And Rangers are actually good.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Gruknor posted:

And Rangers are actually good.

RNG aren't actually all that good, they're just E-Z mode. Samurai came back HUGELY due to the WS changes, and a properly buffed war or sam will just put out gross amounts of damage.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

frodnonnag posted:

RNG aren't actually all that good, they're just E-Z mode. Samurai came back HUGELY due to the WS changes, and a properly buffed war or sam will just put out gross amounts of damage.

You forgot the neat spells for rdm.

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~
Anybody have any advice on a leveling path that isn't "as soon as you can, go leech XP in Abyssea until you hit 99"? I hadn't touched the game in about a year-and-a-half, and even when I was playing it I never really got past Garlaige Citadel/Crawler's Nest in terms of the old group leveling zones and the basic campaign areas in terms of solo leveling, so I'm more interested in seeing the zones I never really went to than I am hoping there's enough people still wanting to stand around and grind millions of XP in one zone as a giant alliance. I went from 26-50 really quickly (by my standards) on my THF just futzing around with RoE and FoV/GoV in the zones I knew about (Delkfutt's Tower, Sea Serpeant Grotto, etc.) while doing other things, but I'm reaching a point of not knowing from past experience where to go next (I need to go to Xarcabard for the telepoint RoE quest, so I know I can get some decent XP there, but, after that...).

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Copycat Zero posted:

Anybody have any advice on a leveling path that isn't "as soon as you can, go leech XP in Abyssea until you hit 99"? I hadn't touched the game in about a year-and-a-half, and even when I was playing it I never really got past Garlaige Citadel/Crawler's Nest in terms of the old group leveling zones and the basic campaign areas in terms of solo leveling, so I'm more interested in seeing the zones I never really went to than I am hoping there's enough people still wanting to stand around and grind millions of XP in one zone as a giant alliance. I went from 26-50 really quickly (by my standards) on my THF just futzing around with RoE and FoV/GoV in the zones I knew about (Delkfutt's Tower, Sea Serpeant Grotto, etc.) while doing other things, but I'm reaching a point of not knowing from past experience where to go next (I need to go to Xarcabard for the telepoint RoE quest, so I know I can get some decent XP there, but, after that...).

Grab trusts and start grinding solo. You'll want to at least start the process of abyssea so you can get some cruor and start tagging maws to teleport to when you see them. Touch every homepoint you see to unlock HP teleporting, as well.

This chart isn't terribly inaccurate, adjust for gov/fov books and make sure you're keeping up with skills and gear if you're doing classic leveling. Sparks are a great way to get updated weapons through 50.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Copycat Zero posted:

largely it's just futzing with ROE and the tomes. Hit up both ffxiclopedia and bgwiki for areas and level ranges. You should also make solid effort to unlock any and all trusts you can, especially the utility ones.

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~
Oh, yeah, the first thing I did was grab all the trusts from the main cities and a couple of the bonus ones. It's definitely made the process a lot easier (and accounted for the faster-than-my-standards leveling speed).

I've admittedly only talked to Joachim and nothing more on the Abyssea front. I haven't even really messed around with maws beyond their old WoG function.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I use this and its worked out well. I went with the second leveling route.

http://www.reddit.com/r/RedditLinkshell/comments/1zhuat/leveling_guide_multiple_routes/

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Grab trusts and start grinding solo. You'll want to at least start the process of abyssea so you can get some cruor and start tagging maws to teleport to when you see them. Touch every homepoint you see to unlock HP teleporting, as well.

This chart isn't terribly inaccurate, adjust for gov/fov books and make sure you're keeping up with skills and gear if you're doing classic leveling. Sparks are a great way to get updated weapons through 50.

They give you weapons up to and including 99. The level 99 item level 117 sparks armor is really good. It will allow you to start working on getting end game gear.

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

Holyshoot posted:

I use this and its worked out well. I went with the second leveling route.

http://www.reddit.com/r/RedditLinkshell/comments/1zhuat/leveling_guide_multiple_routes/

Hm, thanks. I guess it shouldn't surprise me that the 75+ on all of the routes is "go to Abyssea and grind in a group". I couldn't tell from the information on the wiki, do Trusts work in Abyssea? Or do I just have to hope that there's enough people on my server doing it to make it worthwhile?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Copycat Zero posted:

Hm, thanks. I guess it shouldn't surprise me that the 75+ on all of the routes is "go to Abyssea and grind in a group". I couldn't tell from the information on the wiki, do Trusts work in Abyssea? Or do I just have to hope that there's enough people on my server doing it to make it worthwhile?

They don't work in abyssea you just hope theres enough of an alliance to do it. If your server isn't horrible low pop (under 500) you should be good finding a bird/worm party.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Copycat Zero posted:

What server are you on? The goon linkshell is on the Quetzalcoatl server.

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

Gruknor posted:

What server are you on? The goon linkshell is on the Quetzalcoatl server.

Sylph. Was on Fairy originally and then got moved in the server merges. I was only really planning on sticking around for the one month (mainly want to get a class to 99 and do the storyline content I never did), so I don't know if it'd make sense to drop the extra $18 to server-transfer.

Holyshoot posted:

They don't work in abyssea you just hope theres enough of an alliance to do it. If your server isn't horrible low pop (under 500) you should be good finding a bird/worm party.

I'd been checking the first couple days I was back and the All Areas searches were returning between 650 and 950 depending on the time of day.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

Never exp at a worm party.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Gruknor posted:

They give you weapons up to and including 99. The level 99 item level 117 sparks armor is really good. It will allow you to start working on getting end game gear.

They give you up to 50, then there's a void from 50 to the ilvl gear.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:

Paladine_PSoT posted:

They give you up to 99 now. It was a change in... March?

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~
On the subject of Sparks, I'm starting to creep up toward the cap (was at about 35K last time I checked). I'm assuming it would behoove me to go ahead and grab my Level 99 gear now and just sit on it until I get there, but would it be worth it to start blowing Sparks on the skill-up tomes? I'm doing okay with getting primary weapon skill up, but my defensive skills are falling behind since I'm using a tanking Alter Ego, as are any alternate weapon types I may end up wanting to use later on.

[EDIT] That being said, I just now noticed there are Level 99 rings and earrings to buy, as well, so I guess I don't have to worry about having excess Sparks any time soon...

Copycat Zero fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jul 11, 2014

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Not in weapons. Weapons are gear.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Copycat Zero posted:

On the subject of Sparks, I'm starting to creep up toward the cap (was at about 35K last time I checked). I'm assuming it would behoove me to go ahead and grab my Level 99 gear now and just sit on it until I get there, but would it be worth it to start blowing Sparks on the skill-up tomes? I'm doing okay with getting primary weapon skill up, but my defensive skills are falling behind since I'm using a tanking Alter Ego, as are any alternate weapon types I may end up wanting to use later on.

What job are you soloing with? If it is a mage job, don't bother. If you are a monk, buying a few guard skillup books, would not go to waste. Evasion and Parry level up quickly, you can skip those.

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

Gruknor posted:

What job are you soloing with? If it is a mage job, don't bother. If you are a monk, buying a few guard skillup books, would not go to waste. Evasion and Parry level up quickly, you can skip those.

Based on advice I saw skimming the thread before I resubbed, THF. I've been using Swords just because my Daggers were already capped from my old main (DNC). My Evasion is also capped from the same, and, yeah, I've been getting decent Parry skill-ups from whenever I've been targetted, although I don't think I'm near cap on that. My Throwing is crap, but, then again, I'm using a crappy throwing weapon for the stat bonus and all I'm doing is pulling with it anyways, so I guess I don't need to worry about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Copycat Zero posted:

Based on advice I saw skimming the thread before I resubbed, THF. I've been using Swords just because my Daggers were already capped from my old main (DNC). My Evasion is also capped from the same, and, yeah, I've been getting decent Parry skill-ups from whenever I've been targetted, although I don't think I'm near cap on that. My Throwing is crap, but, then again, I'm using a crappy throwing weapon for the stat bonus and all I'm doing is pulling with it anyways, so I guess I don't need to worry about that.

Do not worry about capping your throwing skill. It has no real use other than pulling. For now just focus on capping dagger and evasion. What level did you get your dnc to? With the curent login event, you can buy items for the very last limit break. Items that would normally take you hours to farm. Those items are fossilized fang, fossilized bone and seasoning stone. Look up the requirements for that limit break before getting them.