Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
talktapes
Apr 14, 2007

You ever hear of the neutron bomb?

BottledBodhisvata posted:

So if you say it's sorry and grovel a lot, even if you don't mean it, that makes it better?

No, but you may get to keep your job afterwards, which is the point he's making.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
The Anthony Cumia Patreon.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

BottledBodhisvata posted:

So if you say it's sorry and grovel a lot, even if you don't mean it, that makes it better? I mean, who exactly did Dog convince? This is the exact thing that O&A and Jimmy have been mocking this past month, half-assed apologies to appeal the outraged masses.

Yes, according to the people who hire such personalities.

Spazz
Nov 17, 2005

I think Anthony doesn't quite realize how many people torrent their live shows. What makes him think they won't do it for his podcast? poo poo, Lazlow's show was put up on TPB some time ago and I remember he said the number of active downloads were staggering vs. the number of people who buy the box set.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Who wouldn't want to pay to listen to a drunk millionaire rant about the oppression of white people for hours

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

The Vitally Important Pelvic Thrust
Anthony Cumia @AnthonyCumia

-Twitter tough guys could possibly be the biggest loving tools. FU

:ironicat:

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Pleasing Shape posted:

Anthony Cumia @AnthonyCumia

-Twitter tough guys could possibly be the biggest loving tools. FU

:ironicat:

There's no ironicat large enough.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
The new 55 Gallon Drum Challenge will be amazing. "See, we're putting black women in drums, and then hitting the drums with increasingly higher calibers of ammunition..."

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Even if Ant does get several thousand paying subscribers for LFTC, I honestly don't think he has it in him to be his own boss and do a consistent show. It'll be real easy when he's at home in the summer with endless booze and the pool to say "Eh, you've had enough show for today" after 36 minutes of babbling about crime statistics.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I think he'll hire people to make it really easy to do a show, however, these salaries will make the show unprofitable.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

He'll probably just get a buncha female interns

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I can safely say I have no interest in whatever solo project Anthony has planned, especially now that he's been vindicated in his mind

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

shyduck posted:

He'll probably just get a buncha female interns

Finally, Anthony's Home For Wayward High School Girls will be a reality!

(I remember a lot of promos for it but can't find it on the 'tube. Curses :arghfist:)

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I can safely say I have no interest in whatever solo project Anthony has planned, especially now that he's been vindicated in his mind

I think a lot of people are going to hold this opinion. It just sucks because behind all of his racism, hatred, and blind conservatism, he's truly a hilarious guy. No doubt way more entertaining than Ope and Jim, imo. :shobon:

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yeah anything he does isn't going to be "hell yeah now I can do the radio stunts that Sirius wouldnt let me do", it's going to be "now I can REALLY cut loose with what I want to say". Racism and rage is his life now, and his hobbies. We aren't getting him riffing on more Back to the Future movies, we're getting another (and far more unhinged) Adam Corolla podcast. Pass.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Although I'm probably going to listen to O&A come Monday. First time in easily three years.

tuddy
Aug 1, 2006
I'll scream it until your ears bleed; You'll always have a friend in me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN6hrM32S2k

R&F discuss the haps.

FarmerHank
Jan 6, 2011

farming techniques vary
I am all in for "The Opie & Roland Show: Subtitles Please!" but I know that would never happen.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

You're about 4 pages too late :v:

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

therealjon_ posted:

Although I'm probably going to listen to O&A come Monday. First time in easily three years.

same here. Actually gave it up around the same time

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
I stopped subbing to XM for whenever they started charging extra to listen to the online stream but I listened via YouTube for years after that. It was becoming increasingly apparent there were less and less youtube worthy bits over the years until I basically exclusively started listening to old shows.

I think the trayvon Martin stuff was when I perma punched out.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

therealjon_ posted:

Three hours of Opie muttering under his breath and Jimmy ranting about comedians getting fired over offensive content.

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

10:30 for actual content. Jesus Ronnie, get to it.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Jesus did Pepper Hicks bet on Brazil or something?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

eightysixed posted:

I think a lot of people are going to hold this opinion. It just sucks because behind all of his racism, hatred, and blind conservatism, he's truly a hilarious guy. No doubt way more entertaining than Ope and Jim, imo. :shobon:

Don't forget Opie and Jimmy were also filling in between the stormfront rants. With nobody controlling him he's going to be going full throttle on the dog whistle racism. My guess is the show will be incredibly hit or miss.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

MrChupon posted:

Jesus did Pepper Hicks bet on Brazil or something?
If he did I owe him a beer because that was a glorious result.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

Don't forget Opie and Jimmy were also filling in between the stormfront rants. With nobody controlling him he's going to be going full throttle on the dog whistle racism. My guess is the show will be incredibly hit or miss.

Along with Ant drinking heavily, pointing his gun at the camera, and doing more things to showcase how someone can waste their comedic talent by being an utter rear end. That said, if he gets around to doing that Quincy episode with the Tourettes people, that could be worth it if he keeps the bigotry away.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Saint Jimmy posted:

Yeah why waste time on that hilarious satirical bit up front, cut to the hard news Ronnie beep boop

Dazh
Jul 9, 2008

ozza posted:

Yeah why waste time on that hilarious satirical bit up front, cut to the hard news Ronnie beep boop

Yeah, it was great. It was made even better for me by the fact that earlier that morning my local rock station (WBAB, as a matter of fact) was asking for only minorities to call in so they could tell them how much they were appreciated. They gave a set of tickets out to a guy just because he claimed to be a black dude.

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

ozza posted:

We needed the same joke over and over and then we had to listen to the entire intro song before he got to it?

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

1500quidporsche posted:

Anthony stopped doing dog whistle racism in 2009, it's just overt racism now.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Saint Jimmy posted:

We needed the same joke over and over and then we had to listen to the entire intro song before he got to it?

That's the joke, yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAvIUYVjtKg

Jaxpunk
May 1, 2003
You'll never understand, don't try.

Saint Jimmy posted:

No fun allowed seems to be the theme in this thread lately :circlefap:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

If you didn't enjoy Shelby half-assing every voice then you don't like fun.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Saint Jimmy posted:

Sorry that you hate comedy. I enjoyed that intro gag anyway.

I actually empathize with the dumbasses who go "why wasn't he fired earlier if this is a problem", though they are ignorant that the problem is not allowing them or even really anyone to hear that poo poo on the air, but business and PR reasons that reach further. It seems silly on the face of it that someone who doesn't even listen to someone else's favorite show gets to dismantle it on the grounds that something is offensive, but nobody will ever speak out against that in significant force. It's sort of like the privacy argument, we claim to want privacy but then we video each other and shove it up on YouTube at the slightest opportunity. Basically we want it this way, gently caress you got mine.

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jul 9, 2014

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Not that I think Fez really gives a poo poo about Anthony's situation because Ant's not Fez, but I'm sure he's delighted Bobo was in front of the SiriusXM building saying the collective company is "cocksucking faggots."

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I wish this is what Fez was doing instead of dragging down Ronnie.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

OlyMike
Sep 17, 2006
I'm talking about flagellation, who gives a damn about parades
I'm very sad that the guys won't be around to discuss the Joe Piscopo and Barry Williams "Celebrity Wife Swap." (I swear it was just on when I turned my Netflix off.)

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

JFC posted:

I wish this is what Fez was doing instead of dragging down Ronnie.

He looks so happy in this pic.

Now he's constantly battling depression and death. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

B.L. was great on the show yesterday. The buddays need to have her and Paul O. on more often.

• Locked thread