Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

SirPhoebos posted:

For those with Amazon Prime, there're a bunch of Cinematic Titanic episodes for free.

I have not watched any of these, do you have any recommendations of the ones available?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

I like the ones filmed live better because they sound like the shows I actually saw live. The Alien Factor and East Meets Watts are my favorites.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Rifftrax also has a 15% promo going using the code "THEFOURTH" for this weekend. I've picked up 11 shorts for just over $10.

At Your Fingertips: Cylinders
How to Keep a Job
Maintaining Classroom Discipline
Story-telling: Can You Tell It In Order?
The Day I Died
Ghost Rider
Ten Long Minutes
Nutrition: The All-American Meal
Read On! from Left to Right
Color it Clean
Writing Better Social Letters

I just couldn't bring myself to get the Hormel short. I usually watch these things while I eat dinner at work, and I don't think that this would be a wise course of action to pair those two activities.

IUG fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jul 6, 2014

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

IUG posted:

Rifftrax also has a 15% promo going using the code "THEFOURTH" for this weekend. I've picked up 11 shorts for just over $10.

At Your Fingertips: Cylinders
How to Keep a Job
Maintaining Classroom Discipline
Story-telling: Can You Tell It In Order?
The Day I Died
Ghost Rider
Ten Long Minutes
Nutrition: The All-American Meal
Read On! from Left to Right
Color it Clean
Writing Better Social Letters

I just couldn't bring myself to get the Hormel short. I usually watch these things while I eat dinner at work, and I don't think that this would be a wise course of action to pair those two activities.

You're missing out. The Hormel short is amazing.

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

Mr. Fowl posted:

You're missing out. The Hormel short is amazing.

I think you mean the Hormul short.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Sanguinary Novel posted:

I think you mean the Hormul short.

I think you mean THE TAIL:stonk:

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

IUG posted:

This is Hormel isn't anywhere near as bad as you're probably imagining; unless you happen to have zero previous exposure to what's involved with meat processing, it's nothing you haven't seen before (except for THE TAIL, but that's like a 3-second shot, and is more bizarre than gross).

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, the short isn't super gross. All the animal carcasses they show getting processed have already been drained of blood and organs.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

As a meat lover, most of it made me kind of hungry.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Universe Master posted:

Yeah, just not for Hormel products.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

On a second watch, I kinda like the music in Yambao. Also I think Evil Cave Granny is in Blackface.

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jul 7, 2014

James Hardon
May 31, 2006

Universe Master posted:

Lmao

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Obviously not the SPAM part. I said meat afterall.

And I'm pretty sure all the main "black" characters are in blackface in Yambao, and that they say her name 500 times during the movie.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

PrinceRandom posted:

On a second watch, I kinda like the music in Yambao. Also I think Evil Cave Granny is in Blackface.

Evil Cave Granny is straight-up wearing shoe polish. And yeah, none of the black characters with speaking roles are actually black, outside of the nursemaid. Yambao looks Italian or something.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

bobservo posted:

Evil Cave Granny is straight-up wearing shoe polish. And yeah, none of the black characters with speaking roles are actually black, outside of the nursemaid. Yambao looks Italian or something.

IMDB says she's Cuban. She was a very famous dancer throughout the 50's. Ninon Sevilla.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'll probably break down and get the Hormel short at some point. However I passed on it because I eat when I watch these things.

I also just spent $25 for two tickets to Sharknado in my theater. That's going to be fun I'm sure. I've never seen the movie, and had no interest until Rifftrax announced they were going to pick at it.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
New short is up - Clean and Neat with Harv and Marv.

C'mon, you gotta buck lying around somewhere.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mister Kingdom posted:

New short is up - Clean and Neat with Harv and Marv.

C'mon, you gotta buck lying around somewhere.

"Tooth Truth" with Harv and Marv was pretty good and crazy.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The Ape of Naples posted:

"Tooth Truth" with Harv and Marv was pretty good and crazy.

Hehe hehe HEEEE hehe. Hehe hehe HEEEE hehe. Hehe hehe HEEEEeeeeee....

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

loudog999 posted:

I have not watched any of these, do you have any recommendations of the ones available?

I enjoyed "Legacy of Blood". Weird, cliched, lots of hammy acting, and an old-as-gently caress John Carradine

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SirPhoebos posted:

I enjoyed "Legacy of Blood". Weird, cliched, lots of hammy acting, and an old-as-gently caress John Carradine

John Carradine has always been old as gently caress.

I just realized that he was apparently only 60 years old when Red Zone Cuba came out.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

I didn't love the studio-recorded Cinematic Titanic episodes (though I would have loved to seem them keep doing it longer to see how it developed), but they were amazing to see live. I saw them do a three-movie marathon show one year on New Year's Eve. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't have thought that "gently caress you, movie!" was a very good riff, but hearing Frank yell it at almost two o'clock in the morning after you've been watching this stuff for nearly six hours was magical. Best movie riffing experience of my life.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone else "hate" how Mike says 'prequel' and 'sequel'? He accents the "quel" and it always sounds odd to me.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

SirPhoebos posted:

If you want a double-shot of ancient Carradine, then watch Frankenstein Island too. That movie is beyond description and actually has Carradine looking older.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
If you haven't already, go buy your Godzilla tickets NOW. August 14th will be here before you know it!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

If you haven't already, go buy your Godzilla tickets NOW. August 14th will be here before you know it!

I only bought the Sharknado tickets on Monday, I never had to buy my tickets more than a few days before. I guess YMMV depending on where you live and all, though.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

IUG posted:

I only bought the Sharknado tickets on Monday, I never had to buy my tickets more than a few days before. I guess YMMV depending on where you live and all, though.

I'm paranoid about this kind of thing even though my local theater has never sold out a Rifftrax event.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
I fully expect that you lucky bastards who are going to Sharknado tonight are going to bring back pre-show card pictures.

PS I hate all of you. And also my local Cineplex. Ok, mostly the Cineplex.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I fully expect that you lucky bastards who are going to Sharknado tonight are going to bring back pre-show card pictures.

I'll be at the theater in a few minutes and I'm gonna take pictures of all the pre-show cards I see :)

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
I hope they keep doing these live events in Canada, I'm at the theater and it's just my group and another couple in here

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
I just checked, and my Cineplex is also not showing Godzilla next month. Which I assume also means no Anaconda in October.

gently caress.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Had I known about it sooner, I would've gone to the Sharknado showing tonight. Even if I left now, I'd be half an hour late. I'll catch the next one, though!

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

Ghostpilot posted:

Had I known about it sooner, I would've gone to the Sharknado showing tonight. Even if I left now, I'd be half an hour late. I'll catch the next one, though!

The next one is the encore showing of Sharknado on Tuesday!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think I got all slides too.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Sorry, too busy burning and salting the earth.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Slides are very accurate this time.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
I had nothing better to do, so now I'm waiting to see Sharknado. I can't resist rifftrax live :(.

I will resist seeing Godzilla though, because I can't stand seeing that again, even with riffing. Now if it was the original...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Deadpool posted:

I think I got all slides too.

They try and trick you though. They restart the slides but sneak new ones in there.

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009
Just finished Sharknado live. That was the first time I saw the movie in general, that was amazing. The riffs were great. I think my favorite part was Kevin's When a Man Loves a Shark song though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived...
I'm taking my whole family to see it tonight. I'm a good dad.

• Locked thread