Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grooveh
Apr 14, 2007
Why yes, I do enjoy banana bread muffins.

Threw in that last one because she's so darned pretty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

Orange crush momma is a laugh laugh laugh.

Well about Tara (mild speculative spoilers) The actress did say that death is not the end when it comes to the show and one of the episodes is titled "Death Is Not the End" so maybe that's something?

Also I'm pretty sure Lettie Mae staked Tara and Sookie is going to read her mind and then hopefully kill her.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
True Blood has always had too many characters and a problem with what to do with them. That's why we got so many disconnected storylines, wild swings in personality and time jumps to get characters in new positions because they ran out of ideas of what to do with them in their old ones. A shame they've waited until the final season to start trimming the fat, the show could have used it a long time ago.

Kazanir
Apr 28, 2010

It is a great way to wrap it up the show though, killing 3-4 long-running characters (including one "main" character) per episode or so. I bet Jessica is next week or the week after.

Also I'VE NEVER STOPPED BELIEVING IN BILL AND SOOKIE and now finally my unhealthy obsession will be rewarded. Praise Jesus.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
That is a very acceptable way to start a new page.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I think once it was revealed Bill had lied to Sookie from the start, he really could've died from any point from there.

It got so loving tired with Sookie pleading to him "IF I EVA MEANT ANYTHING TO YOUUUUUUUU BBBBEEEEEEEELLLLL COMP-TON!"

The Billith sendoff for him probably would've been best. Or if Sam shifted inside his head.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Kazanir posted:

It is a great way to wrap it up the show though, killing 3-4 long-running characters (including one "main" character) per episode or so. I bet Jessica is next week or the week after.

Also I'VE NEVER STOPPED BELIEVING IN BILL AND SOOKIE and now finally my unhealthy obsession will be rewarded. Praise Jesus.
Both of these things are terrible. You are a terrible person.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Bill and Sookie are getting back together in the end though. It's why Alcide was conveniently killed and why Bill was going on about "having a clean slate" now, plus Sookie and Bill spending time together on some vamp-hunting adventure.

Malinn
Aug 30, 2008

All of time and space...

King Vidiot posted:

Bill and Sookie are getting back together in the end though. It's why Alcide was conveniently killed and why Bill was going on about "having a clean slate" now, plus Sookie and Bill spending time together on some vamp-hunting adventure.

I'm going to be in such a bad mood come finale time if this happens. I know they seem to be leaning towards it, but I dropped off Team Bill somewhere around S2.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Has Hoyt come back? Don't think I'll bother watching the season if he doesn't come back in some way.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Solice Kirsk posted:

Has Hoyt come back? Don't think I'll bother watching the season if he doesn't come back in some way.

Well now that his mother his dead, he's got an actual reason to come back home. I'm guessing that's exactly what happens, too. Him and Jessica will also end up together since we know things between her and her boyfriend are going to poo poo

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I wasn't even sure what was happening when Alcide got it. There was no weight to his death by random-person it caught me totally by surprise.

I don't know if I'll even be able to finish the series anymore

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

The Duggler posted:

I wasn't even sure what was happening when Alcide got it. There was no weight to his death by random-person it caught me totally by surprise.

I don't know if I'll even be able to finish the series anymore

wait so its alcide's death that has got you wondering 'why am I still watching this piece of poo poo show' and not, well, the whole thing?

i seriously just put it in the background while I clean and do the dishes and once in a while look at the tv in case something is happening it's just loving terrible and it makes Under the Dome looks Shakespearean in comparison

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Twee as gently caress posted:

Well now that his mother his dead, he's got an actual reason to come back home. I'm guessing that's exactly what happens, too. Him and Jessica will also end up together since we know things between her and her boyfriend are going to poo poo

Funny, I figured now that his awful mom was dead he'd have 0 reasons to ever come back to Bon Temps. Either way, I'm bracing for more of that funeral stuff ruining half an episode.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Krowley posted:

Funny, I figured now that his awful mom was dead he'd have 0 reasons to ever come back to Bon Temps. Either way, I'm bracing for more of that funeral stuff ruining half an episode.

Well I'm guessing he's gonna be back for the funeral and then something is going to cause him to stay and fight against the vampire threat against Bon Temps or whatever and he'll see Jessica and true love~ or whatever bullshit this poo poo show is going to do

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ewwww, get back with Jessica? She didn't even know how to cook eggs! Doesn't anyone care about eggs?!?! <lip quiver>

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

wait so its alcide's death that has got you wondering 'why am I still watching this piece of poo poo show' and not, well, the whole thing?

i seriously just put it in the background while I clean and do the dishes and once in a while look at the tv in case something is happening it's just loving terrible and it makes Under the Dome looks Shakespearean in comparison

He was just so dreamy :eyepop:

Re: Hoyt

gently caress Hoyt. I hope he comes back just to get murdered off screen

Kazanir
Apr 28, 2010

Sober posted:

Both of these things are terrible. You are a terrible person.

Yes. Much like both Bill and Sookie. Now that Sookie has finally realized that she is just as terrible as Bill, they can be together again :swoon:

King Vidiot posted:

:hampants::arghfist: needs to be its own smiley

Kazanir fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jul 8, 2014

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
I don't know how anyone in their right mind could possibly be attracted to Bill at this point in the show, especially when there's so many other hot guys running around. Stephen Moyer has aged terribly and now looks like someone's rich dad. He was so attractive in S1 & 2 also so it's weird that he now looks so haggard just five years later.

Actually, he reminds me of Obama for some reason. Like his mannerisms and appearance and way of speaking. I guess that's not a bad thing but it doesn't make me think "ohh wow bill you're soooo sexy acting like a middle aged politician!"

Captain Mog fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jul 8, 2014

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Captain Mog posted:

I don't know how anyone in their right mind could possibly be attracted to Bill at this point in the show, especially when there's so many other hot guys running around. Stephen Moyer has aged terribly and now looks like someone's rich dad. He was so attractive in S1 & 2 also so it's weird that he now looks so haggard just five years later.

Actually, he reminds me of Obama for some reason. Like his mannerisms and appearance and way of speaking. I guess that's not a bad thing but it doesn't make me think "ohh wow bill you're soooo sexy acting like a middle aged politician!"

You'd be surprised at how many young women really go for older, Elder Statesmen-like men.

Of the 4 friends I talk with about True Blood 3 of then find Bill to be more attractive than Alcide. :psyduck:

I think it's the accent?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

The Duggler posted:

He was just so dreamy :eyepop:

Re: Hoyt

gently caress Hoyt. I hope he comes back just to get murdered off screen

Yeah he's nice to look at, but Alcide's plots have always been so lovely and uninteresting even by True Blood standards that I can't say I mind them killing him off. If it means I never have to sit through more werewolf pack bullshit or his terrible conversations with Sookie then it's a good thing.

As long as I get to see Sarah Newlin and her gigantic teeth die sometime before the show ends too, then this will be a great season for me.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Kimmalah posted:

As long as I get to see Sarah Newlin and her gigantic teeth die sometime before the show ends too, then this will be a great season for me.

You shut your mouth :mad:

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Also why did they rush to clean off Sookie after they shot those vampires? I thought Hep V wasn't dangerous to humans? And vampire blood is like, crazy healing goodness for some reason.

Or am I just missing the obvious EWWW GROSS DUUUDDEEEE message? Even though we saw Sookie cut a gaping wound in her arm with a loving stick like 3 minutes prior.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm fairly sure it's because then she would become infected on Hep V herself (even if it has no negative effects on humans). I don't know why Alcide would give a poo poo about her not being infected and still be good vampire fairy food, but yeah

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I am just sad we never got Quinn, DJ and Weretiger.

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

Orange crush momma is a laugh laugh laugh.

I guess Tara is never getting her Tara's Pogs..er Togs store

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

I'm fairly sure it's because then she would become infected on Hep V herself (even if it has no negative effects on humans). I don't know why Alcide would give a poo poo about her not being infected and still be good vampire fairy food, but yeah

Because they all know good and well that her blood being a Vampire drug is just about the only thing that's kept her alive all these years. As soon as her blood stops being useful every vampire in a 200 mile radius is going to come kill her just out of spite.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

How do you even watch Under the Dome?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You shut your mouth :mad:

Anna Camp is cute and all but I really want that character to die, as much as I wanted Hoyt's mom to die. They already delivered on that last one, so now I'm just waiting on Sarah Newlin's inevitable death.

I can't really think of any other long-running and annoying character I want to see die besides Sookie. But since True Blood is basically "The Sookie Stackhouse Show", she being the star of the books the show was inspired by, I can't really see them killing her off even in the last season.

edit: On an unrelated note, I forgot who the gently caress Willa was and it was bugging me why she seemed so familiar. I had to look the character up on iMDb to be reminded she was the governor's daughter from last season.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jul 9, 2014

Tin Miss
Apr 8, 2009

Meow
I decided to finally watch an episode of True Blood after calling it quits after Season 4. And this was the episode I picked. I think a worse crime than Alcide's death was the fact that this episode was just really boring. I suffered through the long, drawn-out Eric flashback because of naked Skarsgard, but I skipped through Bill's flashback because gently caress that poo poo. It's Season 7, we don't need a loving Bill flashback.

I was hoping that I could get into the show again, like if it was so bad it's good, but it just bored me to death and then made me incredibly annoyed. I'll try out next week's episode just to be sure, but I think I'd be better off re-watching Season 3.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Captain Mog posted:

The scene in this episode with Bill talking to Sookie from the tree was the clincher for me on this. Like I've been noticing him getting older, but something about the lighting and the angle really brought out the age in his face. Him being above her in the tree also gave off a vaguely Romeo and Juliet/maybe Twilighty? vibe that made the fact that he looks so much older than Sookie just weird.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006

CODChimera posted:

Under the influence of a lot of alcohol.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

King Vidiot posted:

edit: On an unrelated note, I forgot who the gently caress Willa was and it was bugging me why she seemed so familiar. I had to look the character up on iMDb to be reminded she was the governor's daughter from last season.

Ha i forgot who she was also but i was just rolling with it because she doesnt seem even remotely important but nevertheless thanks for looking it up

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Tin Miss posted:

I decided to finally watch an episode of True Blood after calling it quits after Season 4. And this was the episode I picked. I think a worse crime than Alcide's death was the fact that this episode was just really boring. I suffered through the long, drawn-out Eric flashback because of naked Skarsgard, but I skipped through Bill's flashback because gently caress that poo poo. It's Season 7, we don't need a loving Bill flashback.

I was hoping that I could get into the show again, like if it was so bad it's good, but it just bored me to death and then made me incredibly annoyed. I'll try out next week's episode just to be sure, but I think I'd be better off re-watching Season 3.

True Blood's not a good show, but I've never considered it boring. I go into it expecting dark comedy, and that's basically what I get out of it. Speaking of Under the Dome though, that's totally a show that is so bad, it's bad. It's a poorly done genre show without any of the trash or ridiculousness of True Blood.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

CODChimera posted:

This. You gotta be loving kidding me Under the Dome is local network tv slop and in no way does it come off "Shakespearean" compared to True Blood. Even the worst True Blood episode is miles better than the best episode of that show.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm talking about Season 7 True Blood, but True Blood overall. Sorry but UTD is much better than TB is at the moment, and UTD is terribly bad trash. It's just that True Blood at this point is offensively bad and boring.

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

I want a gif from this episode of Alcide running shirtless through the cemetery, for old times' sake :smith:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

thathonkey posted:

Ha i forgot who she was also but i was just rolling with it because she doesnt seem even remotely important but nevertheless thanks for looking it up

Yeah, she's basically filling the same spot as the gay vampire who was also left over from last (?) season who randomly died during a scene. I imagine that if she's not just written off the show altogether at this point she'll be dead by Hep V vamps or humans by next episode.

Are there even any people left from that vamp-hunting party? I didn't really notice if any or most died.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Grooveh posted:

Threw in that last one because she's so darned pretty.

This is the entire reason I'm still watching. This show just completely embraces how stupid it is and pushes the limits of credibility for a show about vampires, faeries and werewolves. I was laughing pretty hard at the namastgasm. I mean silly vampire yakuza murdering a guru, why would I care if a boring always played straight character like alcide dies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Tin Miss posted:

Any reason why you couldn't watch s5 and 6?

Russel Edgington was by far the best TB villain and IMO those two seasons was where the show peaked.

• Locked thread