Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Alhazred posted:

That movie is a pretty good example of Eco's ur-facism. The main character is both a bumbling fool and the most dangerous man in America.

This is really the most annoying meme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

computer parts posted:

This is really the most annoying meme.

It's not my fault that the movie portrays him as a terrible filmmaker and an idiot but at the same time shows how he will destroy America.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Remember that girl in front of Hobby Lobby, GOP has a new spokesperson that is making "liberal heads explode"

Meet Kendall Jones

quote:

Jones argues her activities benefit conservation and help support the communities she's hunting in. For instance, a photo of Jones posing next to an incapacitated white rhino explains she'd helped tranquilize the animal so it could be microchipped and receive veterinary attention.

quote:

The teen's manager, Justin Cook, also issued a statement on behalf of Jones's family, friends and supporters on Tuesday. "It's imperative to make mention that all of Kendall's hunts in Zimbabwe and South Africa were 100 percent legal with proper tags and licenses awarded on a pre-approved quota by the countries' officials and wildlife department," he said, adding that the cost of those fees and services provided by local trackers, skinners and assistants totaled more than $160,000.

She goes in to the range, "hunts" the animal and brings the meat to feed villiages. Conservatives have banded together with her and stating things such as this

Matt Walsh

quote:

The obvious point here, and one that I have to obviously make, is that her killing of lions and elephants has produced an outrage far greater than the fury sparked by the mass killing of a million babies every year.

We live in an era of moral anarchy. We are so accepting of so much evil, that every once in a while we must purge ourselves by unloading all of our pent up moral indignation on someone like Kendall Jones.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like how they are totally incapable of understanding the idea of endangered animals and why hunting them might be considered bad even if legal.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Alexzandvar posted:

I like how they are totally incapable of understanding the idea of endangered animals and why hunting them might be considered bad even if legal.

They understand. This is just trolling. And trolling "liberals" is much more fun than protecting endangered species.

RetroHelix posted:

Remember last year when The Daily Caller broke the story about Sen. Menendez going to the Dominican Republic for prostitutes, and Breitbart et al. went wild with it? Welllll... it was a Cuban intelligence agency plant.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...e2d4_story.html

I like how everyone is responding to this by saying "oh wow that will really hurt the Daily Caller's credibility!" As if that matters in the right wing media...

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jul 8, 2014

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Some more awesome quotes from Conservative media Matt Walsh

quote:

As a eugenic society, we teeter always on the edge of psychopathy. Our acceptance of infanticide eats away at us, under the surface, inside our souls. We fear the loss of our own humanity, so we lash out every once in a while, and pour out all of our tempered moral outrage onto someone — anyone — who can give us a nice, safe outlet. Whether it’s a hunter, or a supposedly ‘homophobic’ reality TV star, or an actually racist NBA owner, we unload our vast reserves of righteous fury, reveling in the opportunity to prove to the world and to ourselves that we still have standards. We still care. We still feel.

Fine. I don’t know enough about the issue to call her bluff or verify her claims. Yes, she could be full of it, for all I know. I’m sure she’s not the devil incarnate, and I’m sure she’s doing more productive things with her free time than 90 percent of her college peers, but that doesn’t mean she’s right. And if you’re pro-life — as in pro-human life — and you also oppose Kendall Jones, but you spend much more time protesting the mass killing of babies than you do the hunting of African mammals, then I respect your opinion and your consistency. Carry on. Godspeed.
http://themattwalshblog.com/2014/07/03/just-pretend-this-dead-lion-is-a-human-baby-and-then-you-wont-be-so-upset/

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

So if she's hunting large cats for food, don't those generally taste absolutely godawful?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

1337JiveTurkey posted:

So if she's hunting large cats for food, don't those generally taste absolutely godawful?

In general, predator meat tastes lovely. It's also prone to all the various parasites and diseases that all of the prey animals the species in question eats are prone to as a bonus!

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Her manager? What is she, some kind of professional hunting personality?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

wixard posted:

Fox News anchor in training.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Which liberals are actually making a big fuss about her? The only thing I've seen has been conservatives complaining about liberal hypocrites.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR
Guys, the viciously corrupt nation of Rhodesia Zimbabwe, lead by a Marxist Atheist Communist Islamist Dictator and noted Arch Racist, said that what she did was perfectly okay.

McAlister
Nov 3, 2002

by exmarx

BBJoey posted:

What exactly is "the myth of the women’s vote"? Are women not actually able to vote? Does the US not actually have universal suffrage? :tinfoil:

It could be one family one vote nonsense. I've had co-workers who say that they have twice the voting power of a single guy because they sit their wives down and tell them who to vote for. So they effectively have two votes.

The hypothesis is that women - simple creatures that we are - don't follow or understand politics anyway and thus don't vote unless someone tells us to and then vote the way we are told to. Husbands thus get two votes and a father with a wife and voting age unmarried daughters can get even more. I may appear to participate in politics, but I'm clearly just parroting my husbands opinions. That we share beliefs about marriage equality and taxation "proves" this.

Rubbing their vote advantage in single guys faces is apparently a strategy to motivate single guys to support One Family, One Vote in the interests of fairness. The head of household ( who of course is The Man because men make the money ) will vote for each family. A single man living under his own roof or in the military is definitely a family. I got two answers on whether a single man living with his parents is a family. A single woman who hasn't moved out is part of her fathers family.

AFAICT this started in the Colorado Springs mega church scene. I've only worked with two of them and they both were commuters from the springs. But they had basically the same talking points and interacting with them taught me the dog whistles.

The American Constitution Party dog whistles this idea with their plank about only letting tax payers vote. Stay at home moms ( and other groups so this is a multi purpose whistle ) aren't tax payers. Colorado politician Tom Tancredo dog whistles it to. He puts an added spin on it of supporting abolishing public education and making it moms responsibility to homeschool so she won't have time to become a tax payer.

Another dog whistle is about the "real constitution" which is every amendment up to some arbitrary point with the others not counting. Women's suffrage was ratified in 1920 and if the date cut off is slightly before that ( typically 1913 for reasons that escape me ) its a euphemism for taking away women's right to vote. Before around 1870 its both minorities and women.

And of course anne coulter flat out says women should lose the franchise so that the GOP will win elections. /shrug

"But this is stupid!" You say. "If women just vote the way they are told then their voting habits should mirror men's". Ahh! But you see the immoral leftist wellfare state has created a social scourge of single mothers living on government handouts. The Left has taken the place of Husband and Father in their lives by providing for them. And they are voting as their surrogate husband/father tells them to.

How could we do otherwise? We are, after all, women and thus lack capacity for understanding complex systems and have a natural need for someone to give us structure and order in our lives. But the key idea is that when we vote it isn't an individual intelligence with agency expressing a personal preference. It's just following orders. The woman's vote therefore is a distortion of democracy, not participation in democracy.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

wixard posted:

That is a thing that exists so it's not a huge stretch to try to make a career out of it.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Remember that girl in front of Hobby Lobby, GOP has a new spokesperson that is making "liberal heads explode"

Meet Kendall Jones

She goes in to the range, "hunts" the animal and brings the meat to feed villiages. Conservatives have banded together with her and stating things such as this

Matt Walsh

This is about as 1% rich white person privilege as you can get. Spending close to $200k to hunt animals in horrific African ditcatorships? Pure old fashioned American dream, she clearly represents the vast majority of white America.

It is pretty amusing that her Facebook has been slammed by red-blooded US hunting advocates, because it seems like like all she does is murder rare animals on canned hunts, pose of photos, and leave the corpse to the scavengers.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Dunno, Dana, maybe if you guys weren't such petulant, spiteful adult-babies you wouldn't get the treatment the way you did.

I remember once seeing a bumper sticker saying "Annoy a liberal: buy a gun!" Yeah, that'll show them liebruls!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

Guys, the viciously corrupt nation of Rhodesia Zimbabwe, lead by a Marxist Atheist Communist Islamist Dictator and noted Arch Racist, said that what she did was perfectly okay.

Can't wait for the next GOP darling to go and have sex with underaged prostitutes in some country where that is legal to "stick it to the libs."

I'd also like to know if anyone cared about her dumbass photos. I'm more annoyed that she thinks that she's angering people than her transparent scheme to get into onto right wing media grifter money train.

So Dana is saying she had an abortion?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Dunno, Dana, maybe if you guys weren't such petulant, spiteful adult-babies you wouldn't get the treatment the way you did.

I remember once seeing a bumper sticker saying "Annoy a liberal: buy a gun!" Yeah, that'll show them liebruls!

Libturd is the new nickname

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

McAlister posted:

Another dog whistle is about the "real constitution" which is every amendment up to some arbitrary point with the others not counting. Women's suffrage was ratified in 1920 and if the date cut off is slightly before that ( typically 1913 for reasons that escape me ) its a euphemism for taking away women's right to vote. Before around 1870 its both minorities and women.

People like this are so frustrating to deal with.

:byodood: Democracy is illegal, because it says we're a republic, right here!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

McAlister posted:

1913 is when the Income Tax amendment was passed so they probably were saying "up until 1913".

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

1913 is the 16th which was the income tax.

EDIT: Damnit

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

pentyne posted:

This is about as 1% rich white person privilege as you can get. Spending close to $200k to hunt animals in horrific African ditcatorships? Pure old fashioned American dream, she clearly represents the vast majority of white America.

It is pretty amusing that her Facebook has been slammed by red-blooded US hunting advocates, because it seems like like all she does is murder rare animals on canned hunts, pose of photos, and leave the corpse to the scavengers.
She is not yet the perfect model. She needs to be black (to blunt this criticism), preferably a 2nd generation immigrant whose parents came the RIGHT way, her outfit should include an American flag-themed cross, and while hunting she needs a backpack that rolls coal.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

See also: rolling coal, for every animal you don't eat I'm going to eat three, etc

Kiwi Ghost Chips
Feb 19, 2011

Start using the best desktop environment now!
Choose KDE!

Alhazred posted:

It's not my fault that the movie portrays him as a terrible filmmaker and an idiot but at the same time shows how he will destroy America.

Everybody uses that stupid paper whenever they hear a conservative being slightly inconsistent about their adversaries, ignoring the fact that people here do it all the time because they're human, not ur-whatever.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

pentyne posted:

The quote higher up on this page indicates she "helps the community" by giving the crappy, parasite-infested meat to local villages.

Which has the added bonus of implying that those filthy savages should be thankful they have a pretty rich white girl to come in and feed them since god knows they're incapable of doing it themselves.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Fox News anchor in training.

Liberal hunting will be made legal in the near future. She's just preparing to become the best.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Hazo posted:

The quote higher up on this page indicates she "helps the community" by giving the crappy, parasite-infested meat to local villages.

Which has the added bonus of implying that those filthy savages should be thankful they have a pretty rich white girl to come in and feed them since god knows they're incapable of doing it themselves.
It's even funnier to think of just how much she is blowing on these hunts... and how it would be vastly more charitable to just spend that money on aid instead. It just twists right back around into being inherently selfish.

"Well, I could spend this $200,000 on nutritious food and water for an entire village... but if I did that, I wouldn't be able to vigorously stroke myself off over a dead animal! So here, have some lovely lion meat, there should be enough there to feed a family!" :downs:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Hunters like that always try to argue that they should be able to do this because they're seeking the challenge of hunting more dangerous and clever prey. They see the challenge of it as an end to itself, despite the meat being inedible and the skin difficult to do anything with. Of course, they could make hunting harder by using knives or traps and bare hands only instead of guns, but they've set the precedent that the correct way to increase the challenge of a hunt is to go after a smarter and better armed animal.

I think I should be permitted to use this precedent to hunt fox news anchors and people who hunt endangered animals. What animal is more challenging to hunt than man?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Thanks to you guys, I just found out coal rolling is a thing.

Literally poisoning themselves and the environment for no other reason than "gently caress THEM LIBERALS AND THEIR CLEAN AIR!"

Not that it matters but I really hope the next time Hannity or someone goes into the whole "The liberals accuse us of hating the environment, but we just hate regulation," the response is just 10 minutes of b-roll coal rolling.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

pacerhimself posted:

Which liberals are actually making a big fuss about her? The only thing I've seen has been conservatives complaining about liberal hypocrites.

The liberals that would complain all suffer from exploded heads. therfore they can't complain.

Because they have no heads.

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

pacerhimself posted:

Apparently the reason she is a story is actually because Facebook and Instagram deleted her pictures as terms of use violations, after hundreds of thousands of online petition signatures or something. So I guess those are the liberal hypocrites.

And she is actually trying to be a professional hunting personality, her goal is a TV show next year and all of her big game hunts have been professionally filmed since she was 13.

http://www.salon.com/2014/07/07/is_it_sexist_to_be_creeped_out_by_kendall_jones/

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

wixard posted:

She's got a show on one of those hunting networks that people who want HBO and Showtime end up paying for.

Personally do not see what the big fuss is about. Well except for the elephant.

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost
Thankfully Facebook took down all of her pictures!

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Without knowing more, I do wonder how impactful her activities are. A lot of times these are managed animals that are kept safe in order to facilitate these canned hunts. Depending on how poo poo works, the people she is paying may use that money to help keep 10 other lions or whatever the gently caress alive in order to have other people come hunt them, with a side benefit conservationally of increasing the overall numbers.

That or she is a piece of poo poo going around shooting animals sensible people agree should be protected.

WoodrowSkillson fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jul 8, 2014

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Without knowing more, I do wonder how impactful her activities are. A lot of times these are managed animals that are kept safe in order to facilitate these canned hunts. Depending on how poo poo works, the people she is paying may use that money to help keep 10 other lions or whatever the gently caress alive in order to have other people come hunt them, wit a side benefit conversationally of increasing the overall numbers.

That or she is a piece of poo poo going around shooting animals sensible people agree should be protected.

What I have read suggests that these are managed animals, so once again I really do not see the harm. Besides the elephant although my problem with that comes from the fact I don't like seeing animals that have shown intelligence to be put down.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Rush has a black man on calling Obama an Uncle Tom and unironically calling him a mullato.

Top quality radio folks.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The fact that we are in a situation where one of the ways we are conserving endangered wildlife is letting rich assholes pay to shoot ones that apparently drew the short straw in controlled environments so they can pretend to be Teddy Roosevelt says a lot about how lovely everything is.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Without knowing more, I do wonder how impactful her activities are. A lot of times these are managed animals that are kept safe in order to facilitate these canned hunts. Depending on how poo poo works, the people she is paying may use that money to help keep 10 other lions or whatever the gently caress alive in order to have other people come hunt them, wit a side benefit conversationally of increasing the overall numbers.

Little of A, little of B. Those canned hunts of endangered exotic game do sort of encourage conservation by local authorities as by good management and protection of populations, they can enjoy a steady stream of revenue generated by the hunts. On the other hand, it encourages shitheads to go out and poach in other places. But it's all a bunch of bourgie crap anyway. poo poo for rich people involving no skill at all beyond access to a lot of money. Poor rednecks who do crazy poo poo like hunting wild hogs with knives are far more impressive.

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009
Yah, it is one of those sort of things that can be good in a perverse way. One one hand, she is dropping hundred of thousands of dollars into the local economy to be guided around a managed wilderness area. On the other hand, she is doing it to shoot animals for sport.

Granted, her and her crew could spread around all that tourist money just taking photographs and going on a few tagging excursions. Take away the shooting for sport aspect, and she could probably make even more money on more mainstream networks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Rich white people will not be the ones to hunt these animals into extinction. If their canned hunts get an extra 15 years out of these animals before they are all killed for boner medicine I will consider it a victory.