Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

I did a breaking bad rewatch instead and that worked pretty good since it starts off so ridiculously.

Rewatching Breaking Bad made me hate the show so goddamn much. On my first watch I didn't notice how retardedly paced the first few episodes are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I've watched the first season of breaking bad like four times and only had problems with the pacing like the first time. It's that last season that I have trouble enjoying.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Actually probably won't get to Marvel Nemesis. I wanted to do it for Fisticuffs, but since Woolie kinda edits those, he vetoes games he doesn't feel are
"good enough". So we'll be playing others instead.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I don't mean to alarm you but there may be a corrupt official biasing your work!!!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheRealestMatt posted:

Actually probably won't get to Marvel Nemesis. I wanted to do it for Fisticuffs, but since Woolie kinda edits those, he vetoes games he doesn't feel are

Please play it with Pat on a separate episode, I would love to see you guys play that loving thing, there is so much to hear other people say about it and it is always funny.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Beef Waifu posted:

Please play it with Pat on a separate episode, I would love to see you guys play that loving thing, there is so much to hear other people say about it and it is always funny.

Gotta save it for future Scrublords.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

why did liam have to spoil pokemon? :negative:

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Thanks to the latest podcast, horrible memories of that stupid Macy Gray song resurfaced in my mind. Thank goodness I did some cardio at the gym after work where my good music cleansed my palette from the evils of I Try.

And Pat, of ALL the celebrities you could punch...James Hetfield? Really?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

TheRealestMatt posted:

Woolie is trash. I like Woolie.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheRealestMatt posted:

I'm not gonna say Woolie is some kinda fun hating monster who probably vetoed it because he sucks at it, but it's a serious possibility you should look into.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

I'll see if I can squeeze it in somehow, it just won't be for fisticuffs.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rhonne posted:

Woolie is trash. I like Woolie.

I too like Woolie, just not his taste in things.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

He's a Deadly Premonition hater, he is damned in this world and the Red.

e: I haven't played a Wolf Among Us Episode since 2 so I really need to do a binge when all the last one drops. Then I can finally watch the rest of Woolie and Matt's run!

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jul 10, 2014

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD-rgHP7RdE

Dark Soul'd!

Woolie's going Strength/Faith. GG

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jul 11, 2014

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Oh gently caress yes. Dota can wait!

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp
I could listen to Pat enthusiastically talk about a video game all day. I'm really excited for this

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Green Lantern video was the worst in a while, it's just them being kinda bored for 30 minutes while no one told them Kyle Rayner makes Gundams and Gurren Lagann as his constructs.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I think he only made lagann.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I can't find the Gundam pic, but here's Patlabor:

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Personally I liked the Green Lantern video the best out of the Amazing Superfriends videos so far. Just listening to Pat's will to live slowly sap away as the game went on and watching them abuse the grapple mechanics was really amusing to me.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Do not even ask posted:

Personally I liked the Green Lantern video the best out of the Amazing Superfriends videos so far. Just listening to Pat's will to live slowly sap away as the game went on and watching them abuse the grapple mechanics was really amusing to me.

Yea I loved hearing them get so bored with that lovely game that they couldn't even keep laughing. Like, I've never heard them just run out. Usually they go on great tangents or whatever when things get grim, but somehow GL was just their kryptonite.

Also, as a green lantern fanboy I can confirm that the movie sucked a massive chode and not even in the fun bad movie way, and Hal is the worst Lantern.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

They cast a guy known to be a sarcastic, charismatic joker as Hal Jordan. Like, that's how hosed up DC can't do movies is they have the perfect guy for Kyle Rayner as Hal Jordan.

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.
Fox cast that same guy as Deadpool(good) then made him a mute monster. Hollywood is good at comics.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

I've always wanted to check out the Demon/Dark Souls series but it didn't seem like the type of games I would enjoy playing myself. Sooooo, thank you Pat and Woolie for doing the journey for me!

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kQMIDmGKMI

I have fond memories of some Marvel super hero fighting game arcade cabinet from my childhood, but I can't really remember which one it was. Was something between CotA and Super Heroes?

Silentman0 fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jul 12, 2014

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nope, it was CotA (94), MSH (95), and then the first Marvel/Capcom crossover fighter, X-Men vs Street Fighter (96). Although that being said, Akuma was a hidden character in Children of the Atom.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I still have no idea how the hyper fighter teams managed to keep that "balance" of awesome dumb bullshit and hard limits on said bullshit. I mean, until MvC3 but from X-Men to MvC2 is still a pretty great run. Like they're always a complete mess of lunacy but there's somehow still a weird balance there.

Pat is also totally correct in that Maximum Spider is the coolest fuckin' move. It's just fun to say, too.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Murdered: Soul Suspect is the new playthrough it seems. Should be hilarious.

mandolore
Jul 16, 2013
Murdered: Soul Suspect playthrough will be great just from judging from the first episode. Time to go down the wooliehole!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm real glad for this because Murdered looks like a game I'd buy if it was five dollars but I'd rather not pay any more for it, so thanks guys.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

I had no idea this thread was even a thing. I've been a big dumb fan of their big dumb work for awhile now, their podcast keeps my coworker and I pretty entertained during really long slogs of work. Thought i'd just drop a rambling question by in case Matt here ever sees it.

Anyway was half listening to the Ghost Rider game during work when something passed by something I coulda swore I must have misheard. I roll it back and sure enough "Eh, the Ghost Rider movie isn't so bad" or something along those lines. I drop the headphones and yell out across the warehouse floor...

"Yo dude!" to which I get an echoed reply...

"What?"

"This motherfucker thinks the Ghost Rider movie ain't so bad!"

"Yeah I know... I don't know..."

So we're curious about your bad opinion that differs from our bad opinion. I mean I surely don't think Man of Steel is some cinematic masterpiece (although i'd watch a sequel that was nothing but the murdering adventures of Kryptonian Russel Crowe in space) but for as much as you harp on that film, Ghost Rider ain't so bad? That being said the one thing I can think of that was good about it was Sam Elliot got a paycheck so I suppose that's something.

Anyway that wound up a ramble instead of a question but I thought i'd ask(?) Once again appreciate it and the chance to find someone whose work I appreciate and then awkwardly ask them dumb poo poo until they run away. Thanks.

Also asking for Justice League Task Force for Superhero Fisticuffs cause it's a bad dumb 90s SF clone made by Blizzard of all people for the SNES.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
ghost rider 2 is sweet as hell

Remf
Jun 28, 2008

REALLY NOT FEELIN UP TO IT RIGHT NOW. SORRY.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E35cHbgEir8

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

I'd like to imagine that's Nic Cage's day to day life.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Yeah, I almost did a spittake when I heard them say that Ghost Rider 1 wasn't so bad. This is a movie where Ghosty gives Mephisto the 1000 souls or whatever indirectly, and the whole loving crux of the movie and Sam Elliot's character's entire point was that Mephisto was not to loving get those goddamn souls. gently caress, I hate that movie.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh yeah, Ghost Rider 1 was goddamn awful, but it was so funny I don't even care. The best part is that Ghost Rider only gives him the souls so that he technically counts as being human so that he can do his crazy Ghost Rider bullshit and kill him :haw:

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

When I say, "It's not that bad" it's because it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. There was some decent action, decent special effects, and it got the story/character origin right for the most part.

Man of Steel completely betrays the Superman character, and it was clearly made by people that didn't know or didn't care what made the character appealing for his 70+ years of existence. But no, "This worked for Batman! So let's just shoe horn dark and dreary death poo poo all over this thing!" I'd rather have something done not so great, but at least FEEL right, than something that's pretty, flashy, but is completely inauthentic and shits over a character's defining traits and tone.

If you don't really get what I'm saying, watch this video: http://www.maker.tv/video/ORwodwrVCyzy/maker/comicbookgirl19/section/recent_top_videos

Explains it better than I do.

Funnily enough, I sat down and watched Spirit of Vengeance, and while it's a better movie than the first one (because it had no dumb romance subplot) it still wasn't great. Lame plot, but the action scenes were pretty darn fun, and Ghost Rider himself was just alot cooler. Movie still ain't a cinematic masterpiece by any means. I think turning Ghost Rider into a big hollywood thing does not work super well with that pocket of the marvel universe, if it was made back in like, 1997 or something (around Blade's time) I think it would have been better off.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Have you guys never seen the Bruce Timm Justice League series, because that solves about 90% of your questions regarding DC while also being a well-written show in general.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I also recommend the Brave & the Bold Batman series, if only to see the only cool version of Aquaman.

FutonForensic fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jul 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

FutonForensic posted:

I also recommend the Brave & the Bold Batman series, if only to see the only cool version of Aquaman.

Yo, listen to this guy, he knows what is up. Though there was Crazy Hobo Aquaman, when he had a harpoon for a hand and a huge beard and could summon undead zombie sea creatures. That was pretty loving sweet.