Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Omi-Polari posted:

the big media outlets in brazil are also controlled by the old guard, which in brazil is the people who used to prop up a military junta. so there's been a plan all along to overhype a looming disaster when things have actually gone pretty smoothly all things considered.

Great, please take this to D&D if you want to talk about it, this thread is for football.

Anyone replying to that post with anything other than a picture of a crying David Luiz with "60 MILLION BRITISH POUNDS STERLING" overlayed on it will be probated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eviljelly
Aug 29, 2004

Just spent the last hour catching up on this thread. Holy poo poo I still can't believe that game happened.

Aureus
Nov 20, 2006

I wish this was real

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

oilcheck my rear end posted:

I am so glad I watched this in public.

With people wearing Brazil jerseys who slowly got more and more uncomfortable as germany pushed their poo poo in.

I was in a pub next to a gaggle of Brazilian university students who took it remarkably well. Their universal remaining desire was for Argentina to get sunk...

Some German coverage:

"The 7th Football Wonder"

"An evening like a funeral for Brazil"

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

Cippalippus posted:

Americans obsessing over statistics are almost funnier than Brazil's debacle. Trying to predict soccer is completely pointless.

Anyway, at this point there is only one team to root for. Go Netherlands!

fly away troll. get back to me in 10 years when teams re built using the advanced metrics im fluent in today

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I rather like my crying brazilian man avatar at the moment.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
Today was a glorious day for football and none of us should forget it.

Only regret was Brazil getting that pity goal. :/

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

My personal favorite.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
When will teams start deliberately losing the Confederations Cup?

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

unlawfulsoup posted:

And bloody Özil missing his one on one...

[edit]
I was looking at Bild but their current front page style montage is nowhere near as good as that earlier screenshot.

"The Eternal Victory" which is kinda bleh.

Munin fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jul 9, 2014

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Omi-Polari posted:

the big media outlets in brazil are also controlled by the old guard, which in brazil is the people who used to prop up a military junta. so there's been a plan all along to overhype a looming disaster when things have actually gone pretty smoothly all things considered.

Goback2dnd

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Men in Blazers put all the goals to the Benny Hill theme/speed and it's awesome,
http://www.espnfc.us/video/men-in-blazers/103/video/1940502/men-in-blazers-broken-hearts-in-brazil
skip to 2:18

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

7-1 looks like a fixed score doesn't it

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Who the hell would believe Brazil was the 1?

unlawfulsoup posted:

Neuer shouldn't feel too bad; the real Berlin Wall didn't come down until 89 either.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Hmm, 550 new posts since I left the house at the end of the game, and somehow, someway, they were all about as entertaining as the match itself.

Good job everybody.

E:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Omi-Polari posted:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Literally the best World Cup of all time

God, I hope we get BRA-ARG in the third place match

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Who the hell would believe Brazil was the 1?

almost everyone who has watched football in the last 4 years, tbf

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

Slate Action posted:

God, I hope we get BRA-ARG in the third place match

Me too, but I don't really care about that match. I just want Laaaaaaaaaaaaargentina not to win the Cup.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ahahahaha oh my god this pic

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Just came back from watching the game. I'm happy for colombians, croatians and chileans, also I'm glad that the horror possibilty of Fred lifting the world trophy has been eliminated.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

fat greasy puto posted:

got here late but just want to say, thanks alot for this man. got anything a bit more advanced?

69 Seconds between Toni Kroos’ two goals. Fastest in tournament history

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

There have been some good goals in this tournament, but Schürrle's last one in this game may be my favorite of them all. Leaps high to catch the ball as it's passed to him, gains a bit of control, buries it right under the crossbar.

A friend of mine says that the fix is in and that Argentina will win the next two games because Messi is the anointed child. But as good as he is, I can't really see Argentina beating Germany at this point and it assumes they even manage to squeak past the Netherlands.

In any case, what an amazing game, not sure we'll ever see the like again.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Ghana, the US and Algeria all gave Germany a lot of trouble, they are beatable, even more so by a genius like Messi.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Davelord Cheeto posted:

Holy poo poo. That was 2nd biggst disaster I've wittnessed all day (the biggest disaster I wittnessed all day being the french dip roast beef I ordered at Filipes and subsequently left on my car's dash whilst I was in the bursar's office. When I got back the look and smell of it gave me PTSD flashbacks to the 2 weeks I dated a black girl in community college...:greencube: )
this is one of the best posts ever

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

This is gonna be one of those insanely tense 0-0 isnt it?

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

Jesus this thread must be challenging the super bowl thread for most posts in one day

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I have never been a fan of the Germans. I have always rooted against them, without excessive vehemence, except when they play Spain/Portugal/France.

But today, today I have ordered a Schweinsteiger kit. Pig Improver, now and forever.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
I just spent the whole of the last hour reading through this thread from start to finish. It was amazing.

It wasn't as hard as you would think, you just have to hit space bar ten times to get through 65 pages of HAHAHAHAHAHA OMG.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
The BBC had this to say on the match: "Germany scored two more goals in this game, 7, than England did in their past two World Cups combined."

That's why I like the BBC. They focus on what's important and don't sugarcoat it.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Currently watching the replay of the game without having the results spoiled. I'm up to half time and have been laughing my rear end off the whole way. :roflolmao:

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

I went through most of the thread. Thank you goons for posting exactly what I was feeling: the pure hilarity of the situation.

I remember once when my youth team lost 7-1. However, we had a few guys missing and played the whole game 11v9.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Watching ESPN, still, and at this point I just feel bad for Gilberto Silva. Ballack makes point after point, and Silva just has to say, 'of course.'

:drat:

Score boarded by Michael loving Ballack. In all my days I never thought I'd see this.

tie-dye my titties
Jun 14, 2014

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

Fanatic posted:

Currently watching the replay of the game without having the results spoiled. I'm up to half time and have been laughing my rear end off the whole way. :roflolmao:

germany wins

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

"pfft, like we'll fall for that old trick"

haha gently caress this thread is the best

as an expat in brazil im so happy I can actually cheer for a real team finally

ID Unavailable
Mar 2, 2012

THIS SOME DAVID LYNCH SHIT, HUH

In the shootout.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
A german has won 3 of the 4 tour de france stages so far. Interesting... German dominance. Good science.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I am still just laughing. Michael Ballack repeatedly scoreboarding Gilberto Silva has to win a freaking daytime emmy. It is fan-loving-tastic american television.

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.
I am sure it's been covered, but it really can't be said enough how poo poo Paulinho and Luiz Gustavo were in that match. I don't think I have seen a professional match where players seemingly looked as though closing down someone with the ball was a foreign concept to them. The space Germany had to operate was incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Dirk Pitt posted:

I am still just laughing. Michael Ballack repeatedly scoreboarding Gilberto Silva has to win a freaking daytime emmy. It is fan-loving-tastic american television.

What does scoreboarding mean?

• Locked thread