Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Are there any Power Armor replacer mods out there that get rid of the stupid pauldrons on the various power armors, or at least makes them stick out less? I found a replacer for the T-45, but everything that deals with the other models tries to make them "sexy" for some stupid reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Hi, quick loadorder check before I start. Anyone notice anything egregiously wrong with this loadorder list? I'm sorta kinda familiar with how to do a loadorder in skyrim, but not at all in NV.

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm
IWS-Core.esm
CompanionInfAmmo.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
oHUD.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
YUP - NPC Fixes (Base Game + All DLC).esp
jsawyer.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
CASM.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
Portable Tent.esp
Expanded Traits.esp
NV_STTraitsandPerks - NVSE.esp
IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
IWS-Core-Guards.esp
IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
IWS-DM.esp
IWS-HH.esp
IWS-OWB.esp
IWS-LR.esp
Rustyhwys.esp
SignatureWeapons.esp
Better Binoculars High.esp
christinecos.esp
Western Sky.esp

Total active plugins: 38
Total plugins: 38

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The Iron Rose posted:

Hi, quick loadorder check before I start. Anyone notice anything egregiously wrong with this loadorder list? I'm sorta kinda familiar with how to do a loadorder in skyrim, but not at all in NV.

Looks fine to me, but you probably want a bashed\merged patch.

Anyhow, I have a question of my own: How do I generate textures for LOD objects? Im using NMCs Fallout 3 and New Vegas texture packs, installed over Poco Bueno, but apparently a few LOD textures I might want aren't included. Notice how the rocks in the background change color:

THose are the same rocks, I just walked forward until they weren't LOD anymore.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

Will do.

Slight question, when I'm in VATS it looks all kinds of hosed up.

Now I don't like VATS much so whatever but clearly I hosed up installing a UI mod. Any easy fixes for this?

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Installed this ages ago.

On a previous computer, I guess. Thanks for reminding me. Everything's working fine now.

Crimson Harvest posted:

Can we get this in 6,000 pt font on fire?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
So I've decided to go balls deep into this Convergence thing. I decided gently caress it, I already beat this game before, might as well change it up. The sad thing was on my last playthrough my game got too unstable about 3/4 of the way through OWB and I had to stop. I wasn't using CASM at the time, and I don't think NVAC existed either so I think I'm ready to finally see this thing through.

Oh god posted:

MercenaryPack.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
CaravanPack.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
HonestHearts.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
DeadMoney.esm
ClassicPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
FalloutNV.esm
FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esm
FOOK - New Vegas.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
WME - GRA.esm
WME - DLCs.esm
New Vegas Redesigned II.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
CASM.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
FOOK - New Vegas.esp
FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp
Project Nevada - All DLC.esp
jsawyer.esp
FOOK-PN Convergence.esp
NVR- Recommended.esp
New Vegas redesigned- Honest Hearts.esp
Voice dissonance fix.esp
FOOK-PN-NVRedesigned CP.esp
FOOK-PN-JSawyer CP.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
WMX-DLCMerged.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
Project Nevada - WME.esp
SignatureWeapons.esp
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
FOOK-PN-WME-WMX-EVE Convergence.esp
Lombard Station.esp
Lombard Station - Dead Money.esp
Lombard Station - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
Lombard Station - Honest Hearts.esp
Lombard Station - Lonesome Road.esp
Lombard Station - Old World Blues.esp

Total active plugins: 49
Total plugins: 52

Anything awesome that I'm missing? I tried New Vegas Bounties on my last playthrough and it wasn't that great. Also I'm unsure what to put my level cap at. PN defaults to 50, I believe jsawyer wants 35 for reasons, I wasn't sure so I put it at 40. I guess I'm also missing a sky/weather mod but it's always so hard to figure out which one of those is the best one.

edit: Almost forgot Enhanced Blood Textures

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jul 8, 2014

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Agents are GO! posted:

Anyhow, I have a question of my own: How do I generate textures for LOD objects? Im using NMCs Fallout 3 and New Vegas texture packs, installed over Poco Bueno, but apparently a few LOD textures I might want aren't included. Notice how the rocks in the background change color:

THose are the same rocks, I just walked forward until they weren't LOD anymore.

I have the same problem, and have never figured out how to fix it :(.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I installed the fook-pn-wmx whatevs convergence mods and i was just wondering, is the wattz 1000 and those plasma pistol sound FX just really lovely?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Okay. So. How do I create a bashed patch? It created one when I initially started up wyre flash but I deleted it because I was an idiot and wasn't finished with my install. Unfortunately, now I can't figure out how to reenable it again. Any help?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
If you've turned off food healing you, what other ways aside from stimpaks can you get healed?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

If you've turned off food healing you, what other ways aside from stimpaks can you get healed?

Any non-food healing item will work. So along with all the variations on stimpaks, there's healing powder (which you can almost definitely make no matter your starting Survival skill from common ingredients), bitter drink, thin and thick red paste from OWB, and healing poultice and blood shield from HH.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Bitter drink is especially good, other than lacking extra effects. It drops fairly commonly off Legionaries and heals quite a bit instantly.

Is it worth making auto-inject stims?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

razorrozar posted:

Bitter drink is especially good, other than lacking extra effects. It drops fairly commonly off Legionaries and heals quite a bit instantly.

Ehhh. It saves on the hassle of needing to go into your inventory and heal up manually, but depending on your play style (especially if you play with mods that increase damage) you could end up passing the threshold and dying before it activates. I just find it more prudent to pay attention.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

razorrozar posted:

I use them on the harder difficulties especially with the Lonesome Road content; anti-material rifles mess me up badly. I find it worth it.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The Iron Rose posted:

Okay. So. How do I create a bashed patch? It created one when I initially started up wyre flash but I deleted it because I was an idiot and wasn't finished with my install. Unfortunately, now I can't figure out how to reenable it again. Any help?

Create an esp file with the GECK or FNVedit and set the author as BASHED PATCH (all caps.)

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

What's my best option for running the game borderless windowed with the 4GB patch/NVSE?

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Mr E posted:

What's my best option for running the game borderless windowed with the 4GB patch/NVSE?

Don't forget to

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

razorrozar posted:

Don't forget to

Okay, NVAC question: I tried using it, and every minute or so the game would pause, similar to a CASM save, but without any discernible drive activity. Is there an NVAC option that might cause this, because it went away when I removed NVAC.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Each one of those pauses is New Vegas attempting to crash. :tipshat:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

razorrozar posted:

Don't forget to

Of course, I love NVAC, can't remember the last time I had a crash even with a fair amount of mods.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Mr E posted:

Borderless gaming. Works just fine for me.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Each one of those pauses is New Vegas attempting to crash. :tipshat:

NVAC actually logs every well-handled exception to [New Vegas]\nvac.log. You can tell exactly what's the game being pulled back from the brink and (with resource and GPU monitors) what's bottlenecks or something.

Putting New Vegas on your SSD helps.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Something really weird is going on. When I try to launch NVSE through Mod Organizer, it won't launch New Vegas; the NVSE script window comes up and closes as normal and then nothing happens. If I try to launch NVSE without MO, none of my mods load. Opening New Vegas through its launcher in MO shows all my plugins there under Data Files, but launching it through the Steam interface shows the plugins empty. I'm at a complete loving loss. All my filepaths are right and I have no idea what the gently caress is going on. Someone help please :(

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

razorrozar posted:

Something really weird is going on. When I try to launch NVSE through Mod Organizer, it won't launch New Vegas; the NVSE script window comes up and closes as normal and then nothing happens. If I try to launch NVSE without MO, none of my mods load. Opening New Vegas through its launcher in MO shows all my plugins there under Data Files, but launching it through the Steam interface shows the plugins empty. I'm at a complete loving loss. All my filepaths are right and I have no idea what the gently caress is going on. Someone help please :(

Are you using a new ENB/ENB? There's some weird poo poo where like it'll not boot up the game/start up the game but immediately crash if the enableproxylibrary and initproxylibrary stuff in the enblocal ini are enabled for some ENBs- I was running into this with APEX and it was mega annoying.

edit: Oh wait, no that's not even close to that. Huh! Have you been using Wyre Flash or anything that like messes with your load list?

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jul 9, 2014

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Fereydun posted:

Are you using a new ENB/ENB? There's some weird poo poo where like it'll not boot up the game if the enableproxylibrary and initproxylibrary stuff in the enblocal ini are enabled for some ENBs- I was running into this with APEX and it was mega annoying.

Nope, I'm not using an ENB at all. This is a totally fresh install as of three hours ago, too. I don't think my load order or anything can have anything to do with my poo poo just flat out refusing to work, can it?

e: Trying to launch New Vegas directly from MO doesn't work either. The launcher is the only MO shortcut that works.

razorrozar fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Jul 9, 2014

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

razorrozar posted:

Nope, I'm not using an ENB at all. This is a totally fresh install as of three hours ago, too. I don't think my load order or anything can have anything to do with my poo poo just flat out refusing to work, can it?

It totally can, but usually what happens is that the game loads up to the main menu and then crashes if you don't have a master file of a plugin.

I have no idea what the heck is causin' this, sorry!

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Aaaand clicking Play in the launcher from MO doesn't launch the game either. NV is just flat out refusing to launch through MO whatsoever. What the everliving gently caress. :argh:

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Just occurred to me: I didn't think to put MO in my New Vegas folder. I'm running it from another location. Does that make a difference? Does it need to be in steamapps/common/Fallout New Vegas or its data folder?

If that's the problem I'mma feel like a god drat idjit.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

razorrozar posted:

Aaaand clicking Play in the launcher from MO doesn't launch the game either. NV is just flat out refusing to launch through MO whatsoever. What the everliving gently caress. :argh:

I had something similar happen with SkyrimSE, the way to fix it then was to quit steam and then relaunch it. Don't ask me why but it fixed it.

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012

razorrozar posted:

Go to the workarounds tab in settings. Check what loading mechanism is being used. You should be launching it through mod organizer, if I recall correctly. You need to launch it through script extender if you're launching Oblivion (steam) though which is why there's more than one thing.

Though I'm pretty sure it does need to be in the New Vegas folder just because MO works with so many different games.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Moryrie posted:

Go to the workarounds tab in settings. Check what loading mechanism is being used. You should be launching it through mod organizer, if I recall correctly. You need to launch it through script extender if you're launching Oblivion (steam) though which is why there's more than one thing.

Though I'm pretty sure it does need to be in the New Vegas folder just because MO works with so many different games.

Can I just move it wholesale and have it work, or will I have to reinstall it and redownload all the mods? I won't have a problem with that because it's my own fault, I'd just like to know.

Also: I am a god damned idjit. :arghfist::saddowns:

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I redid everything in the New Vegas folder - same thing. No launching whatsoever. I pulled up Steam in time to see my portrait flash green for 'in-game' for less than a second and then back to blue.

I'm lost and I give up. I'll just do it all by hand.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
what are your favorite hideout mods? I'm looking for one.

my tastes: I like upgrading stuff. I like stuff to look pretty, I like my k*ckass weapons to be displayed if possible. I prefer to be near stores (e.g. the gun runners) or in freeside or the strip. If the latter, it's gotta be compatible in some way with the mods to make those a single area because gently caress cutting them into 2 areas

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I used to be a big fan of Underground Hideout, and still am, but the convenience of the Mobile Truck Base has won me over for now.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Is there a reason you're using MO and not FOMM for your mod organizing needs? Not sure if that's an issue.

Crimson Harvest posted:

I used to be a big fan of Underground Hideout, and still am, but the convenience of the Mobile Truck Base has won me over for now.

Lombard Station for life. Are there any other houses that let you collect and hoard things only to have them on physical display? I've always long for a pyramid of pre-war money or something. Lombard lets you collect and display foodstuffs, every gun, has mannequins, and lets you even have a giant room with a display of all your ammo, giving you a reason to collect it throughout the game. I loving love hoardin' poo poo and putting it in this house

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jul 9, 2014

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Is there a reason you're using MO and not FOMM for your mod organizing needs? Not sure if that's an issue.

Lombard Station for life.

Totally getting that house.

I thought MO came more highly recommended than FOMM these days, and by the end there I was so frustrated with managers in general I just threw up my hands and said "gently caress it".

I did get it working when I put everything in manually, and nothing replaced anything vanilla, so if anything causes trouble I can just deactivate it in the launcher. It's tedious and low-tech but at least it worked.

E: actually, let me add a caveat: I installed ST's robot race, but the heads on both male and female are missing but they left disembodied eyebrows behind. I assume I'm missing a texture and I'll fix it later.

razorrozar fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jul 9, 2014

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Lombard Station for life.

Lombard Station is legit, but I'm holding out with Portable Tent until the overhaul is done.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Lombard Station for life. Are there any other houses that let you collect and hoard things only to have them on physical display? I've always long for a pyramid of pre-war money or something. Lombard lets you collect and display foodstuffs, every gun, has mannequins, and lets you even have a giant room with a display of all your ammo, giving you a reason to collect it throughout the game. I loving love hoardin' poo poo and putting it in this house

Underground Hideout does. It's got a medicine cabinet, a water wall, a garden, a couple of ammo shelves, gun racks for the base game and DLCs, and mannequins. Also a special souvenir flag thingy that you get by visiting major locations.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Lombard Station is legit, but I'm holding out with Portable Tent until the overhaul is done.

Portable Tent is awesome for hoarding (and bringing your everything into DLC areas), but the problem is that you never sell anything, but just put everything in your various containers and forget about it. Then one day you open the container and go "When did I ever pick up a garden gnome?" You never need to sell poo poo, because you're never encumbered, because you can put down your house anywhere and get rid of all your random knickknacks whenever you want.

EDIT: Underground Hideout is also cool, but the feature creep got a bit much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Brainamp posted:

Underground Hideout does. It's got a medicine cabinet, a water wall, a garden, a couple of ammo shelves, gun racks for the base game and DLCs, and mannequins. Also a special souvenir flag thingy that you get by visiting major locations.

Plus, it has a hot tub.