Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Widestancer posted:

So when they put in dumb poo poo in the OP like they did in the old SC thread here

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3605127&highlight=

That says

We're good?

:love:

This should be fun

louisgod made the thread because the one before it generated something like a thousand reports a day and he probably got tired of dealing with it, so that was probably the reason for that part of the OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Kewpuh posted:

the one before it generated something like a thousand reports a day

:eyepop:

Surely there has to be a point at which people get probated for making reports

Night Shade
Jan 13, 2013

Old School
This is starting to remind me of the Planetside 2 meltdowns from about a year ago tbh

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Widestancer posted:

:eyepop:

Surely there has to be a point at which people get probated for making reports

my way is working better

there was a time not long ago when Games was super heavily moderated, there were shitloads of probations and bans being handed which is kind of cyclical because people saw that dudes got hit immediately for trolling or posting something quasi-trollish and started reporting everything to keep it going. i do like 100% of the reports now and i dont punish for pretty much poo poo except for spamming or goatse or serious rules breaking. almost every report gets ignored. people are noticing this because the total reports that come in throughout the day are going down over time

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kewpuh posted:

my way is working better

there was a time not long ago when Games was super heavily moderated, there were shitloads of probations and bans being handed which is kind of cyclical because people saw that dudes got hit immediately for trolling or posting something quasi-trollish and started reporting everything to keep it going. i do like 100% of the reports now and i dont punish for pretty much poo poo except for spamming or goatse or serious rules breaking. almost every report gets ignored. people are noticing this because the total reports that come in throughout the day are going down over time

report shaming also helps. and owns

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Pretty sure I've told you this before, but you're doing god's work Kewpuh. :cheers:

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

report shaming also helps. and owns

mostly the only thing that gets continuous reports anymore is the dota thread and i kind of just let zooloo deal with that because he posts in the thread and plays that bullshit

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Kewpuh posted:

mostly the only thing that gets continuous reports anymore is the dota thread and i kind of just let zooloo deal with that because he posts in the thread and plays that bullshit

Sounds like that thread needs a field trip.

Dec 26, 2012

why would anyone bother reporting in a dota thread. thats like complaining your turd has too much piss on it

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

like i understand the old way of moderating and what it was going for but its pretty much loving impossible and we have the data to show that. like originally if there was a slapfight you'd go in and squash that poo poo immediately because you thought you were saving the thread. now i can look at a report for two dorks arguing about smash bros and see that nobody gives a poo poo about them calling each other gaywads because they like dedede. it lasts like half a page and its over so whats the point in trying to stop that poo poo its like loving whack-a-mole. same for trolling really. people get trolled because they say something dumb almost 99% of the time and they should rightly be poked at and if they cant handle that then maybe they have the wrong forum yea?????

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

zen death robot posted:

Hahaaha someone wasted $10 on me, how cute

killer av bro

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

zen death robot posted:

We probably don't want to piss off Zooloo or he'll say more mean things about this forum in the Games rules sticky

Did someone actually spend money to red text you

Also I bet Zooloo might be persuaded to enable a field trip if it resulted in less reports

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

zen death robot posted:

its a SC backer. they love wasting money

Night Shade
Jan 13, 2013

Old School

zen death robot posted:

if you're lucky they'll spend another $10 to fix the spelling mistake

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

zen death robot posted:

welcome to the club

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

zen death robot posted:

Indeed, I'll wear it with pride for a while though.

They mad at your forum son

Octopode posted:

A forum so devoid of any good posts, it literally has to steal them from other forums to make anyone care about it.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

it rarely happens but if someone buys me an avatar i keep it for like a week because it would be weak as poo poo to make someone waste 10 bux

especially if that 10 bux is on top of 345 dollars for space ship in game that doesnt exist

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
drat we got totally fuckin owned by a dude who spent $100+ on a space game and obsessively defends it every day

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Seriously though, I know these types of avatars are supposed to constitute some kind of sick burn but it just ends up looking mega pathetic.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

zen death robot posted:

It's even better since I don't have a little icon by my name to remind anyone that I can just change it whenever I want, lol.

I lvoe this new AV

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

The fact that people don't centre avs/text triggers me profusely.

Vhadka
Apr 30, 2009

Leo Showers posted:

The fact that people don't centre avs/text triggers me profusely.

Sorry about that (not really)

I wonder if the person who purchased Zen's new avatar will spend more money to correct the typo, they seem to really care about that kind of thing

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Fag Boy Jim posted:

The Star Citizen thread is extremely unfunny now and has devolved into GBS posters saying the same old jokes over and over again. I am dissapointed and think it should be gassed.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Widestancer posted:

Sounds like that thread needs a field trip.

We already have too many Dota threads.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

CharlestonJew posted:

drat we got totally fuckin owned by a dude who spent $100+ on a space game and obsessively defends it every day

$1500.

Dec 26, 2012

yeah.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

We already have too many Dota threads.

Gas ours and move the Games one here IMO.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I wonder how long we can hold it hostage before they tell us to just gas it and shoot the hostages

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Falsum posted:

This is a really neat idea

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Falsum posted:

I still thing an imp zone subforum dedicated to mobas would be a good idea
A containment board of sorts where ArfJason can emptyquote to his heart's content.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Bring the Steam thread over as punishment for that hugeass OP.

Vhadka
Apr 30, 2009

Unguided posted:

Bring the Steam thread over as punishment for that hugeass OP.

Didn't someone do a wordcount on that poo poo and it was long enough to be published as a short novel or something?

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

delete small segments of the steamthread op every day and see how long it takes before people notice

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Steam thread's new releases trip reports are a service to all. It's legit good. If it comes here, they should be welcomed as sorta gay but well meaning bros. :hfive:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Swapping Dota threads seems like the best candidate honestly since it generates the most reports according to Kewpuh. We can provide a public service and have fun while doing so.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Ideally you'd want to gas all Dota and LoL threads on the forums, then make a single "Dota & LoL" thread in Imp Zone.

Vhadka
Apr 30, 2009

I like the idea of a MOBA ghetto more than that, since every big company is making one and the communities for every single one make MMO communities look amazing in comparison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Ok but make it one massive megathread without any rules.

• Locked thread