Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harry Anus
Feb 11, 2005

dex_sda posted:

What did Fred do to earn the ire of brazilians, btw?

I mean besides being a garbageman, but that can't be it, cause there were 9 more garbagemen on the pitch

I think the Brazilian press was really hard on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

dex_sda posted:

I mean besides being a garbageman, but that can't be it, cause there were 9 more garbagemen on the pitch

his job is to score goals, he failes at that job miserably

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

this is nice

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

dex_sda posted:

Fred is the garbagest man of garbagemen.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

mackintosh posted:

his job is to score goals, he failes at that job miserably

And he looked like a clown for the most part. It always felt like Brazil were playing with 10 because Fred (and Jo for that matter) were incredibly useless.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

ephex posted:

ah! a new day and its still real!

loving lol

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Palpek posted:

this is nice

they have 2 years to recover until the Summer Olympics

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Fred also was joint top scorer at the confed cup last summer so Brazilians thought that he might not be a complete and utter wasteman and thusly had those hopes thoroughly crushed.

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

The last 12 months have been the best year for football that I can remember. Football lives!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

tetsman posted:

And he looked like a clown for the most part. It always felt like Brazil were playing with 10 because Fred (and Jo for that matter) were incredibly useless.

Its the defence that should take the blame though. Fred sucks but Brazil created nothing and he's not going to stop another team scoring 7 goals

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Jose posted:

Its the defence that should take the blame though. Fred sucks but Brazil created nothing and he's not going to stop another team scoring 7 goals

Yeah, but it won't stop the Brazilians from blaming their attack while wastemen like Maicon (who was horrible during the game) are forgotten

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

tetsman posted:

Yeah, but it won't stop the Brazilians from blaming their attack while wastemen like Maicon (who was horrible during the game) are forgotten

David Luiz was to blame for 6 of Germany's 7 goals.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

serious gaylord posted:

He was shite and was too busy trying to make himself look good by rushing forward to get a tackle off and constantly failing at it

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

serious gaylord posted:

He was, but casual fans usually blame the manager and then the forwards.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

He was shite and was too busy trying to make himself look good by rushing forward to get a tackle off and constantly failing at it

It owned when he sprinted 30 yards for a tackle and missed, then Germany walked through the huge gap he left and scored

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Jose posted:

It owned when he sprinted 30 yards for a tackle and missed, then Germany walked through the huge gap he left and scored

I liked MoTD pointing out all the times he charged forward and then couldnt be arsed to get back to stop Germany scoring.

Or the times he didnt follow his man and Germany Scored.

And the times he just stood there while Germany passed it around him and scored.

Then i remembered PSG have just spent £40 million pounds to buy him. And I lol.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

the most expensive defender of all time

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I'm still annoyed stupid bug-face Ozil didn't score which resulted in the Brazilians scoring.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

40 million well spent.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
People (or rather, Brazilians) won't blame Luiz because he cried on TV, but Scolari probably knew he was going to run away and not defend like he did. It was just ridiculous.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
The day after is used to dig through piles of poo poo articles like this: http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/fifa-world-cup-2014/report-fifa-world-cup-2014-brazil-s-prodigy-son-david-luiz-2000701

Selected quote:

quote:

Barring disasters, and even if Brazil do not win their sixth World Cup, Luiz will leave this tournament in better shape than he entered it. Fans and teammates would say that is deserved.

edit: fuckign lol

source http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/07/09/brazil-fans-emotionally-distressed_n_5569635.html?1404894995

Cippalippus fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Jul 9, 2014

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

serious gaylord posted:

I liked MoTD pointing out all the times he charged forward and then couldnt be arsed to get back to stop Germany scoring.

Or the times he didnt follow his man and Germany Scored.

And the times he just stood there while Germany passed it around him and scored.

Then i remembered PSG have just spent £40 million pounds to buy him. And I lol.

It was £50m (€62m) lol haha

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Imagine the game with Reus instead of Ozil lmao

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I love that the BBC had to clarify that it was seven-one in the score graphic because they thought people might get confused...

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
Hes been playing like that for years. Not like PSG can bring in their receipt, ask for their money back and say "not working as advertised".

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

This is incredible. Its not over the top or anything, its not particularly piss taking. Its just how utterly unbelievable this score is, that they had to put it in brackets underneath so that everyone knew it was not a mistake.

What a match, I still dont believe that I didn't dream it last night.

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~

(seven)

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
It was a joke in itself, executed perfectly, and why gently caress ITV forever

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

WanderingKid posted:

Hes been playing like that for years. Not like PSG can bring in their receipt, ask for their money back and say "not working as advertised".

Maybe they'll try and fit him into their midfield lol

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
There are already Wikipedia articles in twelve different languages for this game.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Honj Steak posted:

There are already Wikipedia articles in twelve different languages for this game.

I bet the one in Portuguese reads completely different from all the others.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I'm trying to think of a Brazil player that wasn't complete poo poo yesterday. Even Marcelo was getting run over again and again.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Paddyb posted:

I'm trying to think of a Brazil player that wasn't complete poo poo yesterday. Even Marcelo was getting run over again and again.

ramires looked ok when he came on

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

sircozzie posted:

also i loved the thread's title last night when i read the first page of this but now it might be the best title ever

:smuggo:

also, everyone check out the football ramble today if you like podcasts

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...

What side are Brazil playing from? I cant tell lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

quote:

I just came back from Brazil vs Germany. I went to the stadium, i was there. I'm here to chronicle a bit of it.

There were about ~7-10% germans there, rest brazilians. A few from other countries. I met a japanese couple, a venezuelian father and son, there was this old polish couple with a nice costume, i met two aussies. But mostly the stadium was yellow.
Fanatic brazilians thought they'd surely win. The more rational ones saw germany as a favorite. But who the hell could foretell that brazil would be obliterated?

There was so much energy in the stadium. Brazil's anthem gave me chills. Just imagine what it was like.
German players were jeered when they entered stadium, when they appeared on tv, when they had the ball. It was sufocating. The german crowd got jeered anytime they started singing.

I was surprised how easy it was to score that first goal (and the ones that would follow). But the crowd didn't give up. They imediatly started singing loud.

After the second goal the crowd was still cheering and trying to give the team morale. But after the third they just stood quiet. They knew the game was gone.
From them on the stadium was all very very quiet except for two major sectors full of germans. They were making a hell of a party.

As you know Germany scored four goals within 10 minutes and EVERYONE was dumbstruck by it. It was unbeliavable. I was secretly laughing my rear end off amidst a brazilian crowd because it was simply amazing. I knew it was history happening. I knew it was a magic moment. I was there watching the biggest humiliation in world cup-if not of footbal- history. It was truly unreal.
Numb would be the best word to describe everyone in the stadium.
The germans didn't believe it. They were like 'WTF'. Is this some kind of dream?
The contrast between the two teams was truly awesome. Total inefficiency and low morale versus clinical playing, masterful football.

How brazilians reacted? Some weren't giving a poo poo and were having a good time actually. Most were somewhat upset. Some were VERY upset. I saw people crying in the crowd, in the corridors, in the bathroom. I saw folks angry and picking up fights at nothing. But most were just numb.

Around 60 minutes there were brazilians in the crowd shouting 'please just end the game, enough'.

I saw a brazilian ask a german nearby how to say massacre in german. He replied 'Gemetzel'. And the brazilian: "This is a gemetzel! Now, how do i say mercy?"

They realized how well germany played and the 7th goal (stunning btw, i was so near it!) was cheered and applauded by both parties. There were so many scenes, so many details.

It was crystal clear how the german team wasn't even trying on second half. They were just controlling the game and scoring here and there out of boredom.

Overall people were being friendly, but you could just see the mass disapointment. There was an aura of utter defeat in the crowd. Watching them getting out of the stadium reminded of a recent Simpsons episode where brazil prophetically got beaten by germany. It was truly something.
I knew i was going to witness something big when i went to that game. But damm. That was the very definition of surprise buttsex.

Brazilians, game on. You're still 5 times wc.
Haters, you're still pitful.
Germans, you were my favorite from the very first round. Gogo! Germans were singing out loud "riiio de janeeeirooo" in the end. I hope to see you lift the trophy. That was some masterful football, just beautiful, intelligent, efficient.
Football fans, this is a day to remember.

• Locked thread