Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Doesn't the Secret service look out for masked people? How the hell did they let him get that close? Though I got to admit that if stupid crap did go down, an assassination attempt by a man in a horse mask would make a strange history lesson. :wtc:

Also look at the girls face behind the guy in the mask. That sums my feelings to this entire situation nicely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I'm pretty sure the Secret Service screens people they let into lines like that.

I mean it seems, uh, rather reckless otherwise.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Did it ever occur to you that it's not a mask?

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

XyloJW posted:

Did it ever occur to you that it's not a mask?

Are you suggesting a horseman conspiracy? I have to say neigh to that idea.

:downsrim:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
While this conversation was going on we stood by his south wicket gate in a triangle. Turning to me, [Joseph] said, 'I want to tell you something of the future. I will speak in a parable like unto John the Revelator. You will go to the Rocky Mountains and you will be a great and mighty people established there, which I will call the White Horse of peace and safety.' When the Prophet said, 'You will see it,' I said, 'Where will you be at that time?' He said, "I shall never go there. Your enemies will continue to follow you with persecutions and they will make obnoxious laws against you in Congress to destroy the White Horse, but you will have a friend or two to defend you and throw out the worst parts of the law so they will not hurt you so much. You must continue to petition Congress all the time, but they will treat you like strangers and aliens and they will not give you your rights, but will govern you with strangers and commissioners. You will see the Constitution of the United States almost destroyed. It will hang like a thread as fine as a silk fiber." At that time the Prophet's countenance became sad, because as he said, "I love the Constitution; it was made by the inspiration of God; and it will be preserved and saved by the efforts of the White Horse.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Coming soon to a Freep thread near you.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
Hahaha, the guy has a sense of humor. You know he's like HEY PETE, COME GET A SHOT OF THIS - HANNITY NEEDS SOME MATERIAL TONIGHT.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Not enough Grey Poupon.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
Is there a constant stream of new Obama having fun pictures or is he just taking time to get offered blunts a lot this week?

I feel a lot better about the president when he's going around having a great time, even if the country is going to poo poo.

Hey Girl
Sep 24, 2004

Cheekio posted:

Is there a constant stream of new Obama having fun pictures or is he just taking time to get offered blunts a lot this week?

I feel a lot better about the president when he's going around having a great time, even if the country is going to poo poo.

I saw an article recently about how Obama is going out and about more frequently now. I think it was framed in a way that made it seem like the pressure of the presidency was getting to be too much, so he's out and about eating hamburgers or what ever.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Joementum posted:

I just spent the weekend in the desert and I do not understand why people live there willingly.

It was 95-105 all day and my throat has closed up because I'm not used to sucking in that much freon from central AC.
"It's a dry heat" never made much sense to me since I grew up in SLC, which is technically a desert. Then I went to Missouri and Georgia and said "gently caress this poo poo." At least when your humidity hovers around 15% sweat actually evaporates.

Also swamp coolers work fantastically out here. You don't need no stinking freon, just some water and BAM you have air conditioning.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
How do people in the east survive during the summer, anyway?

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Ice cream.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Shade trees and box fans.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

How's the weather in Vermont? Me and my two BFFs were talking about which state we'd want to move to if we ever moved and we all independently came up with Vermont.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Central air, AC in the car, those little spray bottles with the fans on them.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

zoux posted:

How's the weather in Vermont? Me and my two BFFs were talking about which state we'd want to move to if we ever moved and we all independently came up with Vermont.

There are four seasons: Almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Never leave air conditioning

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

SporkOfTruth posted:

Central air, AC in the car, those little spray bottles with the fans on them.

You can get by without car AC if you drive fast enough. :getin:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I like being cold better than being hot. I have to have a separate window AC for my bedroom in addition to my central air because it just can't get my house down to a comfortable temp.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

razorrozar posted:

Ice cream.

Italian ice.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

razorrozar posted:

You can get by without car AC if you drive fast enough. :getin:

As someone who lives in the Deep South and had a car's a/c go out in the middle of summer, stop signs loving kill you. Worse is when it's raining, because you have to have the windows up, but it's still 80 degrees and 100% humidity.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

XyloJW posted:

As someone who lives in the Deep South and had a car's a/c go out in the middle of summer, stop signs loving kill you. Worse is when it's raining, because you have to have the windows up, but it's still 80 degrees and 100% humidity.

My car has no A/C :negative:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Why did people settle there in the time before A/Cs if it's so unbearable? They can't have oil and gold everywhere, can they?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Cotton.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

XyloJW posted:

I know, I was being facetious. I wouldn't wish lack of AC on anybody at any time of year.

Relevant: where I live it regularly exceeds 80 degrees well into October and sometimes November.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Before that, tobacco

and man we've gotten some pretty nasty Indian summers in California over the past few years; it always seemed to be hotter in September and October than during my actual summer break

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

XyloJW posted:

The worst is when your blower motor dies and then you die because your windows fogged up in the middle of a rainstorm

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Of course it's the Flemish.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

zoux posted:

My car has no A/C :negative:

This should probably be against the law these days, honestly.

Randler posted:

Why did people settle there in the time before A/Cs if it's so unbearable? They can't have oil and gold everywhere, can they?

For the most part they didn't.
Before air conditioning:

I want you to especially note that on these two maps, they mark off every city/town with at least 8000 inhabitants with solid dots. Notice how very few there are in the South during these time periods, while the North is full of them.

After air conditioning:

Also relevant to consider, Florida's population over time:

Key years to consider:
1920 is when practical home and business air conditioning became available
Between 1950 and 1960 is when air conditioning started being very common in at least new build in Florida and a standard upgrade to existing housing.

Nintendo Kid fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jul 9, 2014

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Before that, tobacco

and man we've gotten some pretty nasty Indian summers in California over the past few years; it always seemed to be hotter in September and October than during my actual summer break

Last year it actually got cold in October and stayed cold, but that was definitely the exception, not the rule.

And it's deep South so guess how much "if global warming why winter? :smug:" got tossed around. :negative:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

The Monkey Man posted:

There are four seasons: Almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction.

This is a valid interpretation, but I was raised with the six VT seasons: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, More Winter, Mud.

Weather related: when it's warm, the black flies and mosquitoes tend to be out. A lot.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Cheekio posted:

Official White House photographer: https://twitter.com/petesouza

He updates their flickr archive every month or so: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitehouse

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

razorrozar posted:

Last year it actually got cold in October and stayed cold, but that was definitely the exception, not the rule.

And it's deep South so guess how much "if global warming why winter? :smug:" got tossed around. :negative:

well we get those fuckers down here in the good ol' OC too, even when it hit 88 in January this past winter :shepicide:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I agree that the north, much like fishmech, is full of it.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Id ont think i could live in the USA anywhere aside from midatlantic

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Popular Thug Drink posted:

I agree that the north, much like fishmech, is full of it.

It's pretty cool how Virginia is close to being Northernized, even out here in the southwest part of the state. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Nintendo Kid posted:

It's pretty cool how Virginia is close to being Northernized, even out here in the southwest part of the state. :)

Virginia = for losers, sorry haha owned better luck next time

• Locked thread