Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

Krowley posted:

Any reason why you couldn't watch s5 and 6?

Russel Edgington was by far the best TB villain and IMO those two seasons was where the show peaked.

I thought 5 and 2 were the best seasons without a doubt. Season 5 had so much going on but I kinda liked that I guess. It was entertaining as all hell. The fairy night club was great, as was Russell's return, Lillith, Tara as a vamp, and the finale was really well-done. The sad part is that it kind of ended up going nowhere in season 6 for such a massive buildup. Alan Ball is a great writer and does high camp & pastiche better than most people do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximusi
Nov 11, 2007

Haters gonna hate
Any scene with Russell Edgington is the best. I also liked Franklin a lot. The actor who played him was phenomenal.

Marley Wants More
Oct 22, 2005

woof

King Vidiot posted:

I really want that character to die, as much as I wanted Hoyt's mom to die. They already delivered on that last one

Unless she's turned. As a plot point it wouldn't make sense, because who would want to? But as a practical joke on us, it sounds like something the writers would do.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Sookie we can still save Alcide.

Nah.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Maximusi posted:

Any scene with Russell Edgington is the best. I also liked Franklin a lot. The actor who played him was phenomenal.

You're god drat right it is.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
I miss Russell. :sigh:

Amaterasu
Aug 7, 2007
Godless Heathen
I was glad they killed Alcide. His character has always been lame except for a handful of scenes from season 3. I actually prefer Bill to Alcide and would still prefer him with Sookie over Alcide.

But Eric is the best. I think Eric and Sookie getting back together is too much to hope for. It's better than Bill.

If they're going to kill off some characters they need to get rid of Sam's new girlfriend and Willa. Then they need to bring back Ginger.

Tin Miss
Apr 8, 2009

Meow

Krowley posted:

Any reason why you couldn't watch s5 and 6?

Russel Edgington was by far the best TB villain and IMO those two seasons was where the show peaked.

I've been reading some of the different plotlines for Season 5 and 6 and it seems like there's just way too much going on. I feel like Season 4 was about the time when every minor character started getting their own plots and it just continued from there.

Also, I loved Season 3, but I thought the show took a huge nosedive in Season 4 which is why I stopped watching after that. My biggest beef was the fact that Season 4 negated everything in the Season 3 finale by having it take place one year later. I felt like the Sam/Tommy relationship and Jason's storyline suffered the most. The way they just offed Queen Sophie without any conflict was pretty bad too.

I do like that at the moment Season 7 seems to have a more stream-lined plot, but if they need to fill up half the episode with flashbacks maybe they should go back to having 10 different storylines running at once.

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

Orange crush momma is a laugh laugh laugh.

Amaterasu posted:

I was glad they killed Alcide. His character has always been lame except for a handful of scenes from season 3. I actually prefer Bill to Alcide and would still prefer him with Sookie over Alcide.

But Eric is the best. I think Eric and Sookie getting back together is too much to hope for. It's better than Bill.

If they're going to kill off some characters they need to get rid of Sam's new girlfriend and Willa. Then they need to bring back Ginger.

Yeah Sam's new GF is kind of lame. Why couldn't Luna have lived and get preggers instead of Sam hooking up with boring whatshername five minutes after Luna died?

sulphix
Dec 15, 2008

Marketing New Brain posted:

This is the entire reason I'm still watching. This show just completely embraces how stupid it is and pushes the limits of credibility for a show about vampires, faeries and werewolves. I was laughing pretty hard at the namastgasm. I mean silly vampire yakuza murdering a guru, why would I care if a boring always played straight character like alcide dies?

This. Sad seeing Alcide go, but there are sooooo many other characters that consistently have better scenes/plots. If Eric and/or Jason were to die next episode, well that would be something to be really upset about. Though I've kind of accepted Eric will die, hoping it's towards the finale. Tara better come back in some way though, easily one of my favorite characters.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

sulphix posted:

This. Sad seeing Alcide go, but there are sooooo many other characters that consistently have better scenes/plots. If Eric and/or Jason were to die next episode, well that would be something to be really upset about. Though I've kind of accepted Eric will die, hoping it's towards the finale. Tara better come back in some way though, easily one of my favorite characters.

I want Eric to just die, how much screentime has Pam had in the past few seasons that hasn't been her looking sad/angry at Eric while he says something to make her thing he doesn't feel the same about her anymore.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

You bastard. I got out my headphones and made sure the coast was clear so I could watch Russell rip out a newscasters spine on TV and you bring me this?!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

LazyDivey posted:

Yeah Sam's new GF is kind of lame. Why couldn't Luna have lived and get preggers instead of Sam hooking up with boring whatshername five minutes after Luna died?

No poo poo. Also, since I'm too lazy to look at a wiki for this terrible show, how the gently caress was it she even died, anyway? She apparently killed a person and got the skinchanging powers that made no sense and seemed to kill you?

Also, my memory is poo poo these past 5 years and True Blood hasn't been worth watching except to pass time when withdrawing from oxy for as long as that.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Apoplexy posted:

No poo poo. Also, since I'm too lazy to look at a wiki for this terrible show, how the gently caress was it she even died, anyway? She apparently killed a person and got the skinchanging powers that made no sense and seemed to kill you?

Also, my memory is poo poo these past 5 years and True Blood hasn't been worth watching except to pass time when withdrawing from oxy for as long as that.

Pretty much. If you're a shapeshifter and you kill your parents or some poo poo you become a skinwalker or whatever. Her mother died giving birth, therefore she had the ability. Then she died from it after escaping from the Authority's fortress of whatever the hell.

I'm also fairly sure Tara's either alive or was killed by her mother. Her mother's a loony toon and there's no way there isn't more to that story.

I also agree that Sookie's fairy vagina blood will be the cure for HepV. It's so predictable that if it turns out NOT to be, it'll be something even stupider and involve the dead grandmother somehow.

The flashbacks containing more Authority bullshit is getting me worried that we're going to deal with more of that poo poo this season. Oh well, what is there 7 more episodes to go?

Chopsy
Dec 27, 2005

GUNS GUNS GUNS
BIKES BIKES
YOUR MOM

Apoplexy posted:

Yeah, apparently the "skinwalking" thing does bad things to you? Also I think she got shot a bunch, so there's that.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Nate Falls posted:

Yeah, apparently the "skinwalking" thing does bad things to you? Also I think she got shot a bunch, so there's that.

That's right. She had been shot along with Sam, but she skinwalked as Sam to escape from the hospital, and the combination of her wounds and the MAGIC of skinwalking killed her.

It's funny. Turn a 5'10 guy into a bear, dog, snake, fly, or bird, no big deal. Turn a 5'10 guy into a 5'8 guy and his insides get torn to shreds.

MAGIC.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

timp posted:

You bastard. I got out my headphones and made sure the coast was clear so I could watch Russell rip out a newscasters spine on TV and you bring me this?!

IMO, this is a better Russel Edgington moment than when he tore out that newsanchor's heart live on TV. Why? Well any psycho vampire could speed-run onto a TV set and gently caress around with humans, but only Russel Edgington would get up on a karaoke stage, sing alongside his soon-to-be victim, and then politely introduce himself when one hysterical crowd member half-forgets his name.

inconsequential
Feb 6, 2004
Where is this all headed? The roaming Hep V vamps seem weak as all hell, and if the town either waged war OR stayed inside they'd probably outlive the vamps. The angry, hick crowd proved to be mostly useless except for killing unimportant characters and figuring out how to make wooden stakes. Who is the villain? What story is being told?

Also, although Rocky's "gently caress it, you're right" after one of the least inspired villain speeches I've ever heard was offensive to any intellect, convincing the black deputy that she should shirk all responsibility and ethics because she's black and whitey got it all, is absurd and gross and reeks of writers who think all black people are just moments away from rioting if they are reminded their boss is white. That story would have been much more interesting if the deputy had said, "gently caress you, I know right from wrong". The mob could still have disarmed them and you could advance the plot just the same, but without resorting to that weird, stereotypical crap.

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

I don't want Fop goddamnit

inconsequential posted:

Also, although Rocky's "gently caress it, you're right" after one of the least inspired villain speeches I've ever heard was offensive to any intellect, convincing the black deputy that she should shirk all responsibility and ethics because she's black and whitey got it all, is absurd and gross and reeks of writers who think all black people are just moments away from rioting if they are reminded their boss is white. That story would have been much more interesting if the deputy had said, "gently caress you, I know right from wrong". The mob could still have disarmed them and you could advance the plot just the same, but without resorting to that weird, stereotypical crap.

What's equally absurd is that the woman who convinces Kenya to switch sides is listed in the closing credits as "uppity woman". At least that's who I guessed it was since I couldn't think of any other nameless character who would have fit that description.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

DecentHairJelly posted:

What's equally absurd is that the woman who convinces Kenya to switch sides is listed in the closing credits as "uppity woman". At least that's who I guessed it was since I couldn't think of any other nameless character who would have fit that description.

she was being kinda uppity huh

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Shadow posted:

I'm also fairly sure Tara's either alive or was killed by her mother. Her mother's a loony toon and there's no way there isn't more to that story.

Sadly, they blew this possibility last episode with Pam saying she felt Tara's true death. So loving awful. Why the gently caress are they killing characters who've been around for so loving long in such an awful way? This has to be INTENTIONALLY trying to upstage Dexter for worst last seasons.

Shadow posted:

Pretty much. If you're a shapeshifter and you kill your parents or some poo poo you become a skinwalker or whatever. Her mother died giving birth, therefore she had the ability. Then she died from it after escaping from the Authority's fortress of whatever the hell.

Also, thank you for reminding me that it was her mom who died in childbirth, which is an absolutely loving retarded example of killing someone else/causing another person to die to pin on Luna. What the gently caress, True Blood? Also, I don't think she actually did get shot a bunch, at least I don't remember any of that happening. She just died because of skinchanging ONCE, in my recollection. Which is so loving awful.

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jul 10, 2014

Maximusi
Nov 11, 2007

Haters gonna hate
I'm thinking this new director is either really amateur or we're all being trolled by HBO.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
The whole series is sookaaaaaah having a dream while she fell asleep at church.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

inconsequential posted:

Where is this all headed?

Most of the cast will die and Bill and Sookie will end up together again. If you're expecting anything else you're going to be disappointed.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

The only good thing about this season was watching my wife's reaction to Alcide's death. It was GoT level poo poo and I should have recorded it.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

smg77 posted:

Most of the cast will die and Bill and Sookie will end up together again. If you're expecting anything else you're going to be disappointed.

Midway through the season it's revealed it's all been a fever dream as Sookie is turned into Warlow 2.0 who will save everybody.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

inconsequential posted:

God yes. Like, I didn't even think about Jason being promoted over her until hearing that dumb speech, but I expected the writers to not make her loving dumb and spiteful.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Apoplexy posted:

She just died because of skinchanging ONCE, in my recollection. Which is so loving awful.

No, if you remember they were both outside and those dudes in the pick up truck shot them both. Sam I believe was also shot but not as seriously (?) while Luna took one to the back (or some place more critical) and was in the hospital. She then wanted to rescue her daughter from the Authority, but of course Sam told her to chill out and heal first. She then skinwalked out of the hospital *as* Sam, and then became Steve Newlin on camera, then shape shifted back to Luna, etc. etc. She died outside during their escape.

15 minutes later, Sam hosed a black chick and impregnated her.

3 days later, said black chick is 9 months pregnant. Can someone explain that timeline please?

Bored posted:

God yes. Like, I didn't even think about Jason being promoted over her until hearing that dumb speech, but I expected the writers to not make her loving dumb and spiteful.
I don't think Jason was promoted OVER her. I think it's more that Jason was moved through the process to become a Deputy very quickly because of the hold he had over Andy back when he was on V. I think what she meant was that Jason gets all the interesting cases and gets to tout around as Andy's right hand man because he's white and male.

And in all honesty, that's probably true. :)

Shadow fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jul 10, 2014

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

inconsequential posted:

Where is this all headed? The roaming Hep V vamps seem weak as all hell, and if the town either waged war OR stayed inside they'd probably outlive the vamps. The angry, hick crowd proved to be mostly useless except for killing unimportant characters and figuring out how to make wooden stakes. Who is the villain? What story is being told?

Maybe something will happen in the next couple of episodes to give us a decent final season. It's gotta happen soon though.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Shadow posted:

15 minutes later, Sam hosed a black chick and impregnated her.

3 days later, said black chick is 9 months pregnant. Can someone explain that timeline please?

There was a time jump during last season's finale.

Fair to Midland
Jan 13, 2010

by Cowcaster

Apoplexy posted:

Sadly, they blew this possibility last episode with Pam saying she felt Tara's true death. So loving awful. Why the gently caress are they killing characters who've been around for so loving long in such an awful way? This has to be INTENTIONALLY trying to upstage Dexter for worst last seasons.

Also, thank you for reminding me that it was her mom who died in childbirth, which is an absolutely loving retarded example of killing someone else/causing another person to die to pin on Luna. What the gently caress, True Blood? Also, I don't think she actually did get shot a bunch, at least I don't remember any of that happening. She just died because of skinchanging ONCE, in my recollection. Which is so loving awful.

Dude it's True Blood, why all the anger? It's like getting pissed over Falling Skies or something.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

The Duke posted:

There was a time jump during last season's finale.

No there wasn't? They were having the outdoor vampire/human social where they would pair up then the HepV vampires showed up. This season began literally 30 seconds later.

Fair to Midland
Jan 13, 2010

by Cowcaster

Shadow posted:

No there wasn't? They were having the outdoor vampire/human social where they would pair up then the HepV vampires showed up. This season began literally 30 seconds later.

Yes there was. Unless you think Sam became sheriff literally out of nowhere. And they all planned the vampire/human grouping in seconds. They made it clear before the HepV Vamps came in that a lot of time passed.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Fair to Midland posted:

Yes there was. Unless you think Sam became sheriff literally out of nowhere. And they all planned the vampire/human grouping in seconds. They made it clear before the HepV Vamps came in that a lot of time passed.

Oh... there was a timejump BEFORE the end of the finale last season. Right, right. Carry on.

Fair to Midland
Jan 13, 2010

by Cowcaster

Shadow posted:

Oh... there was a timejump BEFORE the end of the finale last season. Right, right. Carry on.

Yeah, it was weird. The ending of last season, the final scene was like 6 months (Totally pulling out of my rear end guess) after the 'ending scene' before that.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Fair to Midland posted:

Wait, Sam is also the sheriff? Guess I missed something.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
You know what this season of the show is sorely missing? Werewolf drama with Alcide's pack and dad and poo poo.

said noone ever

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

As long as we can forget the witch season forever, I'll be glad with the outcome. Kill everyone as far as I am concerned.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

Old Man Pants posted:

As long as we can forget the witch season forever, I'll be glad with the outcome.
I did find it hilarious how Tara burnt her hand on the door and 2 seconds later another woman does the EXACT same thing.
Plus we had naked Eric/Alcide.
Season 4 was good for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
I would actually like to see more witchcraft at this point.

• Locked thread