Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
wait what's going on with this one:

that's a barca crest right?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

JFairfax posted:

wait what's going on with this one:

that's a barca crest right?

Quick google:

quote:

Transfer to Spain[edit]

Di Stéfano scoring a goal for Real Madrid where he won 15 official titles.
Di Stéfano's transfer to Spain would prove controversial. Real Madrid noticed Di Stéfano when his club Millonarios played in a tournament in Spain in 1953.[16] Then Real Madrid president Santiago Bernabéu Yeste was greatly impressed with Di Stéfano, and in July 1953, Real Madrid reached an agreement with Millonarios for Di Stéfano's transfer to Real Madrid. However, Real's rival FC Barcelona made a separate deal with Di Stefano's original club River Plate, who still owned the rights to him according to FIFA. The Colombian league was then not recognised by FIFA.[16] The Spanish Federation, however, did not recognize the deal. A Spanish court made a decision to allow Di Stéfano to play four seasons in Spain – two for FC Barcelona and two for Real Madrid, to be played alternately.[16] Barcelona then renounced their claim to Di Stefano. The reasons for Barcelona's decision to let the player go to Madrid are disputed by the two clubs. This incident exacerbated the traditional enmity between the two clubs.[19]

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

TraderStav posted:

Quick google:

It's nice to be reminded that Barca presidents have always been retarded.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

The Finn posted:

That's really cool as hell, good on those dudes and the club. I wonder if he went easy on him in FIFA though, like not obviously let him win but just subtly enough to make sure.

They were playing online against Taff and by the end of it they all went insane

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Rest in peace, big man.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfOfxz1dD8A

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

TraderStav posted:

Quick google:

This article just appeared on the BBC as well:

football history could have been different - very different indeed. Because when the magical Argentine forward first opted for a move to Spain, he appeared to be destined not for Real but their eternal rivals Barcelona.

The story of Di Stefano's transfer to Los Blancos is a fascinating and complex web of claims, denials, counter-denials and conspiracy theories involving five clubs in three countries. There are allegations of treachery, a mysteriously ripped-up contract and - possibly - the personal intervention of a dictator.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28204560

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

JFairfax posted:

This article just appeared on the BBC as well:

football history could have been different - very different indeed. Because when the magical Argentine forward first opted for a move to Spain, he appeared to be destined not for Real but their eternal rivals Barcelona.

The story of Di Stefano's transfer to Los Blancos is a fascinating and complex web of claims, denials, counter-denials and conspiracy theories involving five clubs in three countries. There are allegations of treachery, a mysteriously ripped-up contract and - possibly - the personal intervention of a dictator.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28204560

Was rewatching the football's greatest video about him and I forgot he just kind of stopped playing football after he was done with Millionarios, he was painting a house/ceiling when the Barca people came for him. That's just nuts he could have just stopped playing at that point.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
http://www.espnfc.us/video/highlights/114/video/1940151/watch-brazil-fans-react-to-germany-trouncing

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Your av is absolutely perfect next to that picture.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtDmkEJD4l4

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

I've laughed at every fan of Brazil crying gif, except this one. It's just too sad.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

Poor guy.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
it's hard to feel too sorry for the guy, I mean he's seen his country win more world cups in his lifetime than most of us ever will...

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
Also he shouldn't be waving his giant yellow dong around out in public like that.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bubble-T posted:

Also he shouldn't be waving his giant yellow dong around out in public like that.

ummmmm... have you actually seen the 'world cup' before?

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

JFairfax posted:

it's hard to feel too sorry for the guy, I mean he's seen his country win more world cups in his lifetime than most of us ever will...

Of course the last time he saw them in person was probably when Uruguay ruined it for them at the Maracana.

Sourpuss
Mar 18, 2007

Chomb Chomb Chomb

SAUREZ WAS ERE.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV4CTHUFhig

Heskie
Aug 10, 2002

Thank you, BBC.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Heskie posted:

Thank you, BBC.

Hulk said you wouldnt like him whens angry

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

hecko posted:

Poor guy.

Ahhh gently caress off, I've got something in my eye.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzoei_bNUQI

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I like this one of the crying guy telling a german girl to bring that cup to the final, because they deserve it.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRValgHDvxE

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Spanish Manlove posted:

I like this one of the crying guy telling a german girl to bring that cup to the final, because they deserve it.

This loving owns.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Vintersorg posted:

This loving owns.

It's on ebay

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

This has to be fake :stare:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
That old guy was on the cover of La Gazzetta Dello Sport this morning

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Singapore had this as an anti-gambling advert before the match

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I linked the commercial version a few posts up. That campaign should backfire nicely

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
tsk tsk tsk

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Kurtofan posted:

tsk tsk tsk

bad taste

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Gigi Galli posted:

That old guy was on the cover of La Gazzetta Dello Sport this morning

This guy is a state-subsidized gaucho who has been to every world cup since Italia 90 and has personally seen brazil take two, he can get hosed just as much as every other brazil fan lmao. Also he didn't give the trophy to that hot german babe.

http://deadspin.com/meet-the-saddest-man-in-brazil-1602350870

[img]a big ol' gaucho prick[img]

quote:

And like any highly visible superfan, his support isn't as grassroots as it used to be. It was revealed that in 2009 his trip to the Confed Cup in South Africa was paid for by the state government of Rio Grande do Sul, to the tune of nearly 15,000 Brazilian reais (more than $6,000 USD). He was sent, he said, "to promote gaúcho culture." His 2010 World Cup trip was paid for in part by a sponsorship with a travel agency. It's not clear if he paid for his attendance at this World Cup out of his own pocket, but told an interviewer he "always travels with partnerships."

He's also a big german fan, which is cool and good I guess.

quote:

"I really like Germany," he said. "The formation of the gaúcho has a lot to do with the culture of the German people, I mean, I feel a little German."

Yup, I am sure you're feeling quite a bit of german inside of you after that dry bumming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

quote:

I feel a little German

Well Lahm played really well considering the circumstances then

• Locked thread