Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Kresher posted:

-Hybrid meal recipes no longer generate more than one meal.

Autism's secret is nerfed again.

This isn't Autism's method of making money, at least not any more. Hybrid Meals are a source of incredibly high profit (a few thousand percent on returns) but it's very slow. I currently have the market dominated on it for a little bit of buffer money, it takes nearly a week to fill out a buy order of 200 Dawngrazer Sirloin.

Rorus Raz posted:

I really hope they do something for cooking because farming meat is basically like getting a sneak peak at how much it sucks to be a Survivalist. The drop rates are so poor that the whole tradeskill is practically useless to a character while leveling. That just seems silly to me.

The funny thing is that a month at 50 has given me loads of mats for high-level cooking, but I need talents from the low-level poo poo to really make anything :v:

Cooking is in a pretty fucky spot. If you can somehow manage the grind to T6-T7, suddenly it becomes a ridiculous money-maker if you can control the market on certain goods. But, as you say, the drop rates are so poor - a 5% drop on Pure Gribbon Meat, which only drops off of 2 enemies in Grimvault, which no one ever fights because they're Neutral to both Dominion and Exiles and have no quests related to them, wherein you require three per attempt at a discovery. And you need three discoveries. On my average of five attempts per discovery, I'd need 45 Pure Gribbon Meat, or to kill on average 900 birds. For a single step as part of a single talent point, out of forty talent points. :v:

Libertine posted:

How rough is leveling Architecture?

Two of the tiers are reportedly hell to achieve discoveries on. I think it's Journeyman and Artisan. It's probably the second-most resource intensive tradeskill, behind Outfitter and the poo poo requirement on Infused Bones, so be prepared to dump money if you want Talent Points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Crafting anything as an architect is infuriating as some of the target areas are huge. See previous posters' rage about completely covering a target and still missing, but clearly missing and still getting it.

But you get all the decor you'd never want for your house! Much of which is able to be purchased from the housing vendor.

I went survivalist, but the late-game zones are/were heavily bot-farmed, so I didn't get much of the wood that I needed. As ban waves occur, this constrain lightens. Having friends mine a mineral plug is a good source of minerals, but that's not all you'll need.

It's really just a love-hate relationship with architect that I have. And the fact that most the people I was playing with stopped playing after the first month. I might switch to Dominion to play with goons.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
So, having not followed this game at all since early previews, how did it turn out? Was it the usual MMO where there wasn't poo poo to do after a certain point and everyone quit after the free month? Or did it actually manage to do something interesting?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Elswyyr posted:

So, having not followed this game at all since early previews, how did it turn out? Was it the usual MMO where there wasn't poo poo to do after a certain point and everyone quit after the free month? Or did it actually manage to do something interesting?

It's both at the same time, of course.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

a cat on an apple posted:

Two of the tiers are reportedly hell to achieve discoveries on. I think it's Journeyman and Artisan. It's probably the second-most resource intensive tradeskill, behind Outfitter and the poo poo requirement on Infused Bones, so be prepared to dump money if you want Talent Points.

I didn't really have any problems until journeyman. Those drat flex thingies are finnicky as hell, but by the time you have 3 talent points and are going to artisan you have enough tools in your additives kit to hit anything you want. I don't know if cooking gets anything like this, but architect has very very small target areas on all of their left/right additives, and there are a lot of each kind so if you can just manage to get the up/down part right while ballparking the left/right you'll probably be able to use your last one to hit the target with pinpoint accuracy.

With a mining node on my house appropriate to my skill I had 0 problems with ore and have even sold off several hundred titanium and platinum ores. It's the odd leather or plant that you need to progress or do a daily that is annoying, but the only extra farming I had to do was a few circuits of farside for coralscale, and farside owns so I wasn't even mad. Between selling stuff on the AH and to vendors I ended up breaking even on gold for additives/commodities.

Now I guess I'll see if I can't get into the research market before it gets saturated since I'm already a bit behind.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Aexo posted:

Crafting anything as an architect is infuriating as some of the target areas are huge. See previous posters' rage about completely covering a target and still missing, but clearly missing and still getting it.
I feel like those tiers for architect must be bugged somehow, because I've leveled through the exact same tiers as Technologist and the targets, while sometimes a little challenging, are far more fair and appropriate for the difficulty curve.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Eldercain posted:

I don't know if cooking gets anything like this

Cooking does, but.. The problem with discoveries in cooking is that all of your additives work at perfect 45 degree angles, and they really, really like positioning the discoveries so that they're achieved from wonky 27% moves or something like that, so you have to over-shoot, under-shoot, then realign, all within three moves. It's made even worse because every single time you miss, you're wasting not just money but lots of time because you have to go out and farm most of the meat you use manually, which have 5% drop rates.

TheCrushinator
May 19, 2008
So whats the server populations for Wildstar like a month after the launch? Has there been a noticable drop in subs like there was in SWTOR?

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
There wasn't really much of a drop in subscriptions after the month ended. Really, the large majority of people who stopped playing stopped around the second week or so, but we're still having a constant influx of members on the Warbringer guild.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

TheCrushinator posted:

So whats the server populations for Wildstar like a month after the launch? Has there been a noticable drop in subs like there was in SWTOR?

Yes its dropped off, but the cheap CREDD has a great number of people staying who wouldn't before. We were running several 50's dungeon groups last night so Goon Squad is still doing OK.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

There wasn't really much of a drop in subscriptions after the month ended. Really, the large majority of people who stopped playing stopped around the second week or so, but we're still having a constant influx of members on the Warbringer guild.

Are we allowing alts in the main GS guild yet?

TheCrushinator
May 19, 2008

socialsecurity posted:

Yes its dropped off, but the cheap CREDD has a great number of people staying who wouldn't before. We were running several 50's dungeon groups last night so Goon Squad is still doing OK.

Interesting. Are the EU goons flocking to the US servers yet like they hve for most other MMO's that aren't WoW? I know the OP has them listed but I have been soured by that experience before.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
The EU guild is reasonably active and is running 50s content daily. I'd like to play more but my connection has been awful lately. :(

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Virigoth posted:

Are we allowing alts in the main GS guild yet?

We have for about a month now.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
If you are a person with an hour or two maybe 3 nights a week you will be able to earn enough money doing dailies to buy credd. Honestly that I would pay :20bux: for 5 plat or whatever is pretty hilarious. I'm not even a destitute college student or anything, but I'd much rather pay for game time than more bits and parts for my e-house, and I have enough left over that I'm about to seriously consider my gearing options.

Speaking of, what the gently caress is even up with runes? Is there a good guide to it anywhere? I was told set runes are the way to go for stuff you'll keep for a while, but I cannot make heads or tails of what is going on with the sets or if it's better to get class/eldan/general sets or ???. I am a warrior who slaps things (not is slapped) if that helps. It was late last night when I was looking at it and as with most of the gearing system in this game I find it kind of exhausting and incomprehensible. I see a rune slot and i'm supposed to know if that TYPE of slot is good? Not even the rune in it? UGH UGH UGH

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Would anyone here happen to have a 7-day EU trial key? I'd like to give it a try, email's elswyyr at gmail.com

Elswyyr fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jul 9, 2014

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
You now get a mount if you have 2-Factor Authentication.

It looks just like the Dominion one :ughh:

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/new-mount-2factor-auth/

quote:

Imagine you're enjoying all Nexus has to offer. You've obtained the rarest of Housing decor, you've maxed your Arena rank in PvP, and you're swimming in gold like the Nexus version of Scrooge McDuck. Living the good life, right?

Then all of a sudden, you log in and all your items are gone, your character's left cold and nude in the middle of the capital, and your hard-earned cash has been stolen! That's just the worst.

Now imagine that you have 2-Step Verification set-up and it's back to the good life. Your items are safe, your gold's secure. Now your account's much less at risk of being compromised and you can focus on the important stuff.

As if keeping all of your hard earned loot secure isn't reason enough to apply 2-Step Verification to your account, we're sweetening up the rewards, cupcake. You'll still get your usual incentive:

2% XP, Renown, and Prestige bonus
Cybernetic Eyepatch
In-game title of Certifiably Certified

But starting July 10th, anyone with an active 2-Step Verification attached to their account gets one of the sweetest rides on Nexus, the Retroblade Mount.

If you’re already enrolled in 2-Step, you will automatically receive the Retroblade Mount in your Account Inventory by July 10. Don’t have 2-Step Verification but want a sweet mount and a safe account? Check out our Knowledge Base article or read our FAQ below to learn more about 2-Step Verification!

So don't sit back and let the hackers win. Get 2-Step Verification today and live the good life!

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Doublestep posted:

We have for about a month now.

Excellent.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Architecture isn't bad as all. T3 architecture is a smug bitch because the targets are the size of a pinhead, but once you hit expert you can pretty much coast.

There's a reason T3 fabkits go for big money and T4+ go for next to nothing.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

PaganGoatPants posted:

It was a good idea, but the delivery......maybe a hoverboard instead and bonus speed?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

TheCrushinator posted:

On the exiles side our server is still packed. Doing dailies can be like pulling teeth in certain areas.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Virigoth posted:

It was a good idea, but the delivery......maybe a hoverboard instead and bonus speed?

Free mount convinces lowbies to get 2FA if they don't already have it. The whole purpose is to incentivize 2FA to people since they keep getting hacked.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

PaganGoatPants posted:

Seems like some desperation going on somewhere. Are there that many people getting hacked? Is there absolutely zero server-side detection on logins?

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Telex posted:

Seems like some desperation going on somewhere. Are there that many people getting hacked? Is there absolutely zero server-side detection on logins?

Just like with people who get their credit cards stolen, the ATMs will just automatically know that it's not actually the owner using the card.

Doctor Shapes
Mar 17, 2009

Ask and ye shall receive.

Telex posted:

I was wondering how the hacking was affecting the game population. Only reason is at their peak I saw trains of bots zooming around. Do people that get hacked just sort of give up? They don't seem like the kind of people that would bother with the restoration process.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
How much is this savage war pig mount worth? Been asking around and people are giving me prices of 5p to 50p..

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Just like with people who get their credit cards stolen, the ATMs will just automatically know that it's not actually the owner using the card.

I will explain a little thing about how banks process that information:

If you swipe a card in two locales that are a certain distance away (usually a state) in a certain time period (most banks, under an hour) your account is immediately flagged for fraud, the account is locked and nobody's getting poo poo from your ATM.

My bank in particular disallows any transactions that aren't originating in the US, so yeah. They kinda DO know automatically.

If your bank doesn't, I would use a different bank IMO.

The same sort of IP-based detection is just as easy to implement into software and it's a little weird that it hasn't been done.

Would they be able to stop a hacker in the US? Less so. Stop a hacker on a chinese connection that isn't taking special effort to use a proxy in the US? Yeah. I bet it'd cut down significantly on hackers with just that simple IP ban, and maybe even a ping to see if an IP is coming from a proxy (which is also a thing that can happen) would do even more.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Now that a desktop authenticator exists there's no good reason to not just make the fucker mandatory.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

lalaland posted:

How much is this savage war pig mount worth? Been asking around and people are giving me prices of 5p to 50p..

Whatever someone will pay for it basically. Someone sold a luminous equivar on our server for 150p.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

PaganGoatPants posted:

Literally looking a gift horse in the mouth.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Telex posted:

I will explain a little thing about how banks process that information:

If you swipe a card in two locales that are a certain distance away (usually a state) in a certain time period (most banks, under an hour) your account is immediately flagged for fraud, the account is locked and nobody's getting poo poo from your ATM.

My bank in particular disallows any transactions that aren't originating in the US, so yeah. They kinda DO know automatically.

If your bank doesn't, I would use a different bank IMO.

The same sort of IP-based detection is just as easy to implement into software and it's a little weird that it hasn't been done.

Would they be able to stop a hacker in the US? Less so. Stop a hacker on a chinese connection that isn't taking special effort to use a proxy in the US? Yeah. I bet it'd cut down significantly on hackers with just that simple IP ban, and maybe even a ping to see if an IP is coming from a proxy (which is also a thing that can happen) would do even more.

It's a good thing that there's literally no way to appear to log in from anywhere but the location where you are, and the most common attack, keyloggers, can't send your attacker your location.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Literally looking a gift horse in the mouth.

As a Dominion player with 2FA already: yes. Gimme the Exile bike.

King Faraday
May 22, 2009

PaganGoatPants posted:

This is basicially giving me 10g per toon, which I like. I never struggle to buy the mount when I hit 14, thanks to the Commodities market, but now I won't even have to worry about THAT.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

People were hyping up this nPrimeplates addon over Biji, but it's not showing health/shield bars at all.

EDIT: Ah, found the problem (turn off simple mode when in combat) but it's kinda weird they're like that by default.

Kresher
Sep 11, 2001
Permanent Patient

Rorus Raz posted:

People were hyping up this nPrimeplates addon over Biji, but it's not showing health/shield bars at all.

EDIT: Ah, found the problem (turn off simple mode when in combat) but it's kinda weird they're like that by default.

I liked this addon before it started having performance issue like Bijiplates.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Is there anyone that can craft an Adventus CW-4 Resonator?

a cat youtube
Jun 25, 2013
i know theres a ton of galleries for raid and pvp armor but are there any of high level veteran adventures and crafting sets?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
List of incoming PVP updates

http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/2aagei/carbines_pvp_updates_for_drop_2/

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Still gating gear in PvP, PvP still a joke.

Glad I didn't buy this game for the PvP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Well I still think Wildstar has the most accessible and fun pvp of any MMO I've played, so YMMV I guess.

• Locked thread