Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Sindai posted:

Wrong. He won our hearts when he tried to kill us all. :unsmith:

Man, thanks for reminding me of that moment of hope Flint gave us when he used a finisher when Kefka was running through everybody else :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

Okay, fine, correction: Kefka sucks and will never win anything that matters.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Man we're gonna get Ganon VS Illidan and Ganon VS Dracula in the same match.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Skaw posted:

Man, thanks for reminding me of that moment of hope Flint gave us when he used a finisher when Kefka was running through everybody else :unsmith:

And screw you for reminding me just how far Flint has fallen :smith: Man, Nappa/Flint was great.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

ConanThe3rd posted:

Just watch, Bazza's gonna turn him into Masked Rider and give him the Black RX theme. :allears:

I've been saying for weeks that The Practice robotization plot gives Bazza the perfect excuse to re-tool Segata, since they can literally do a beat-for-beat recreation of the origins of Kamen Rider 1. (Gets kidnapped, gets cyborgified, breaks out and raises hell)

The Black RX theme is pretty choice, but nothin' beats ol' Kamen Rider '71 for an intro. He can even have a bike! :yayclod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_1NA5irknA

Monathin fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jul 9, 2014

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Bad news guys: Bazza thinks the DK Rap sucks. :psyduck: We may never see it again.

Wordybird
Oct 22, 2013

I like Chicken.
I like Liver.
Meow Mix Meow Mix please reconsider.
First no Bikerdorf, now no more DK Rap? Bazza, why must you kill the things I love?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

legoman727 posted:

Bad news guys: Bazza thinks the DK Rap sucks. :psyduck: We may never see it again.

What.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
He hates fun. Simple as that. See also: Mr. Money, The Big Monkey, 6

EDIT: And Raphael. And "Octodad will never be in VGCW."

Orb Crabmelt fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jul 10, 2014

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."

legoman727 posted:

Who could possibly hate the DK Rap

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
DK has had the roughest transition to 2K14. He lost the face, he lost The Big Monkey, he lost the momentum he built up with his '13 streak. Now he's lost the rap.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

He probably secretly hates the Dragons theme song too but simply can't cut it out because he realizes the monster he would create by doing that :colbert:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Hmm. there are always complaints with what he likes or doesn't and acting based on that. Has anyone asked our host what HE would like to do?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Bloodly posted:

Hmm. there are always complaints with what he likes or doesn't and acting based on that. Has anyone asked our host what HE would like to do?

Bazza posted:

The rap sucks.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Kibayasu posted:

He probably secretly hates the Dragons theme song too but simply can't cut it out because he realizes the monster he would create by doing that :colbert:

Their theme song does suck (Dwayne and Brando are in that list of terrible rappers that nerds like because they talk about VIDEO GAMEZ), but that's the point. As is the point of the DK rap.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
They might be so bad they wrap around to being good, but it doesn't matter how you got to being good, only that you wind up there. And the DK and Dragons raps are good.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
Lots of wrestlers have entrance themes that are just SO BAD they kind of help define them. Randy Orton comes to mind.

Half of the character of The Dragons is their theme. If it suddenly switched to chiptunes or something it would be a downer.

Bazza probably sees he can build up to a big pop by withholding the DK Rap and then busting it out at a key moment in DKs career.

Rude Semprini
Jun 4, 2013

Ow. Right in the self esteem.
I'm surprised at the massive amount of votes Ganondorf and Illidan are getting. Well, Illidan not so much, I'd be happy to see him get a shot, but Ganondorf? Guess people want to see a 4-time champion.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

A new theme or a new look can do massive amounts of good for a character who needs it. Just look at Ezio! Zero to hero and all it took was a character model update. No one even cares that he's lost his last 10 matches (Drac First Blood screwjob included) and they're voting him in for EC.

Rude Semprini
Jun 4, 2013

Ow. Right in the self esteem.

Policenaut posted:

A new theme or a new look can do massive amounts of good for a character who needs it. Just look at Ezio! Zero to hero and all it took was a character model update. No one even cares that he's lost his last 10 matches (Drac First Blood screwjob included) and they're voting him in for EC.

I know I did!

Ezio only goes after the really big matches, and this is a REALLY big match!

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Rude Semprini posted:

I'm surprised at the massive amount of votes Ganondorf and Illidan are getting. Well, Illidan not so much, I'd be happy to see him get a shot, but Ganondorf? Guess people want to see a 4-time champion.

It comes and goes. A year ago, Ganondorf was at the brink of overexposure. At the peak of it, he was a three-time ex-VGCW champion, tag team champion and was booked for the belt at EG3, in addition to all the plotlines he was involved in. When he failed to get the belt for a fourth time, the general sentiment was that he should take some time off from title pursuits to let other people step up. Well, he did that and then some, and if there's one thing the audience loves, it's a character paying his dues. Ganon would never have gotten this many votes six months ago, but a year has passed. People want him to have a chance.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

C'mon Illidan. This is it. This is your moment.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Ganon is an institution and gives the title legitimacy, IMO.

Ezio I want to be in the match because he is a good worker but I don't want him winning tbh. A champion shouldn't be losing that much

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
If the poll ended now the only one I'm really down on is Phoenix, I think he's had enough failed title opportunities lately.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Dr. Abysmal posted:

If the poll ended now the only one I'm really down on is Phoenix, I think he's had enough failed title opportunities lately.

Agreed. It's weird how people poo poo on Snake so much while revering Phoenix as some sort of god.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Blasmeister posted:

Ganon is an institution and gives the title legitimacy, IMO.

Ezio I want to be in the match because he is a good worker but I don't want him winning tbh. A champion shouldn't be losing that much

Just use your loving Poison Blade Ezio :argh:

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Neon Knight posted:

Bazza probably sees he can build up to a big pop by withholding the DK Rap and then busting it out at a key moment in DKs career.

He did the same thing with AVGN and used that horrible instrumental version for a while before changing it back. The hype was pretty real when it did come back, though.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Rollersnake posted:

Poll's up.

http://forum.vgcw.net/topic/10394335/1/

Looks like there's not going to be that surge of Kefka voters I was hoping for. :(

Reminder to vote for who you want to see! (vote Octodad)

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I want Kefka to beat out Dracula just so I can see Drac cry some more about being denied an opportunity for the VGCW Championship.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

It comes and goes. A year ago, Ganondorf was at the brink of overexposure. At the peak of it, he was a three-time ex-VGCW champion, tag team champion and was booked for the belt at EG3, in addition to all the plotlines he was involved in. When he failed to get the belt for a fourth time, the general sentiment was that he should take some time off from title pursuits to let other people step up. Well, he did that and then some, and if there's one thing the audience loves, it's a character paying his dues. Ganon would never have gotten this many votes six months ago, but a year has passed. People want him to have a chance.

Pretty much what I would have said. Ganon hasn't been in the title scene since before the 2k14 era, and it's seemed like every time he claws his way back to the top, he runs into another setback like Duke or Guile. Now that he's back in the top ten, people feel like it's time for more years of darkness.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Yeah, with the loss to Gray Fox, I agree this will probably be Phoenix's last chance for a while. Let him go for one more shot, then give other guys a chance for a while. Despite appearing in several title shots, he probably doesn't feel as overexposed as Ganon did a while back because he hasn't actually won any contender's matches yet.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I love the outcry about lack of Red as an option. It's no longer 2013, he's a bottom 5 performer. Granted why Flint was in the poll is a mystery.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Eh, it's not like Ezio and his 9 loses in a row deserves to be there anymore than Wright.

Wyvernil posted:

Pretty much what I would have said. Ganon hasn't been in the title scene since before the 2k14 era, and it's seemed like every time he claws his way back to the top, he runs into another setback like Duke or Guile. Now that he's back in the top ten, people feel like it's time for more years of darkness.

Plus, it goes along with his failed heel turn. "I do nothing but insult you people, why do you keep voting for me!?"

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jul 10, 2014

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
I'm pretty sure Bazza just threw in everyone who isn't booked for the elimination chamber in that poll.

So I think we're probably getting Red VS Groose at the Chamber.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Illidan is the only correct choice because an Illidan vs. Scorpion rematch for the title is the hypest scenario possible.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

I want to see an Illidan vs Johnny Cage match, if only for the juxtaposition of their intros.

PREPARE YOURSELF
YOU ARE NOT PREPARED

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I want to see an Illidan and Johnny Cage tag-team for a very similar reason (imagine the intro theme mashup :allears: )

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
Im too lazy to check but is Gary on the elimination chamber poll? because I miss Gary actually wrestling, I mean him managing Illidan is cool and all but I want to see him in action again

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
I had posted this on the VGCW forums, but here's the list of active wrestlers who aren't on the poll(based off the power ranking list):

Scorpion: (The champ)
Air Man: (The casual champ)
AVGN: ?
Little Mac: (Borged)
Protoman: (Too soon? Or plot involvement?)
Guile: (Fighting Cage)
Nappa: (Tag Champ?)
Vegeta: (Tag Champ?)
Sonic: (Too soon? Or plot involvement?)
Johnny Cage: (Fighting Guile)
Ness: (Fighting Scorps)
Sagat: (Fighting Bison)
Groose: ?
Knuckles: (Borged)
M. Bison: (Fighting Sagat)
Zangief: (Borged)
Segata: ?
Dr. Wily: ?
Red: ?
Dr. Eggman: ?
Dan: ?
Gary: ?

For the record, here's the current card for the Elimination Chamber broadcast:

Sagat vs. Bison (I Quit match)
Guile vs. Johnny Cage
Scorpion vs. Ness (VGCW Title Match)
The Elimination Chamber (VGCW Title #1 Contender match)

So, based on who was omitted from the poll, I can make a few guesses as to the remaining matches. I agree with the earlier sentiment about a Red vs. Groose match, since neither of them are on the list. I also think there's going to be a Co-Op Title bout(The Saiyans vs. unknown opponent), since Nappa and Vegeta aren't on the list either. Finally, I expect to see PRATs vs. Practice, a 3v3 tag match with Dan and the Dragons trying to get payback against Wily, Eggman, and one of their robo-clones. Or maybe the doctors themselves will be absent, and they'll end up facing Mecha-Gief, Robo-Knux, and Robo-Mac.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I figure Red isn't there because he and Ness are supposed to be feuding with Groose and his Gang of Bullies ®. Ness just happened to get through the rumble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Kibayasu posted:

I figure Red isn't there because he and Ness are supposed to be feuding with Groose and his Gang of Bullys ®. Ness just happened to get through the rumble.

Get the name right :mad:

(I love 2k quality)

• Locked thread