Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
This remains my favorite scene from anything anywhere ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWH8ajHQRDY

You can feel the gripping ominous tension in the room - punctuated by the most :hellyeah: thing to ever happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Warchicken posted:

I can't really handle scenes where people experience real loss since my sister died, it's hosed up to use that poo poo for entertainment

well not everyone is a big baby with a big dead gay sister

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

Orkin Mang posted:

op reminded me of that part in children of men when michael caine tells the guy to pull his finger but instead the guy shoots his face off. it's not even close to my favourite probably but it's the first thing i thought of

Oh gently caress that scene kills me too. Everything about that movie is just loving perfect.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9DgaK1ZoeA&t=418s

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
Dennis Hopper in Blue Velvet. It doesn't 'get me', but he was so great in that whole movie

"I'll send you a love letter, straight from my heart, fucker! You know what a love letter is? It's a bullet from a loving gun, fucker! You receive a love letter from me, you're hosed forever! You understand, gently caress? I'll send you straight to hell, fucker!"

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

GOTY2014

CollegeCop
Jul 11, 2005

You're right. I'm not a real cop. Those are imaginary handcuffs. And in a minute, we'll be going to the make-believe jail.
This:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHYeDqEngxU

Not a big fan of the rest of the movie, but love this.

Also, a college roommate and I watched this one night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpjtlN2Zm_M

Which led to a discussion about characters making sacrifices "for the greater good". We start referring to these scenes as Mad Max Moments. There are a lot of them out there, but these two immediately come to mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-fBruIPPxs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUfZxBM4Lss

CollegeCop fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jul 9, 2014

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
that glimpse back to the body pile when Flyora and Olga run to the forest in Idi I Smotri

the second sugar ray fight in raging bull, good lord that lighting and editing

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

Gorman Thomas posted:

that glimpse back to the body pile when Flyora and Olga run to the forest in Idi I Smotri

That whole movie owns. The scene specifically that got me from that was when he was resting his beaten hands in ice water. It almost felt like it was a shot of tempering a sword.

Also, the first master in El Topo. 4 men, 3 bodies, and a blonde bitch who I guess is sorta like Judas. Oh, and bees.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK
Grandpa said "No... but I served in a company of heroes."

moonshine is......
Feb 21, 2007

The scene in Unforgiven, towards the end when William goes back because they stuck his friend in a coffin outside the bar. The way he changes is pretty intense. Then of course the ending with his wife buried out behind his shack/narration over it.

Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

by Lowtax
The bit with the vagina

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

when goku get hurt

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

In Cars when Lightning stops and goes back and pushes the old fart across the line

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

holy poo poo wow.

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.
The scene in Wedding Crashers where Vince Vaughn gets jacked off under the table in front of his future in-laws. It gets me thinking about how I'd like to get a handy from that redhead in the movie.

This Charming Goat
Sep 5, 2012
The last scene of Fight Club when he says 'You met me at a very strange time in my life' and the buildings start imploding and 'Where is my mind?' kicks in. Hells yeah! Burn it down!

The last scene of Orange Is The New Black S2 had me whooping like an Arsenio Hall show.

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

the time when cornholio wanted tp for his bunghole

the meditation scene from les planetes sauvage

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Gorman Thomas posted:

That whole movie is the most hosed up thing ever. Every scene gets me, the burned village elder, the church massacre, the raped girl in the marsh screaming at Flyora, even the execution of the quislings. But what really gets me is the final scene with the partisans crossing from winter into spring. It's kind of a hopeful moment, but you still know that even those that survive the war will probably get sent to the gulag for staying behind enemy lines.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
when mister boogedy says boogedy boogedy boo!

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

balto the movie

EllisD
Mar 14, 2004

WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT!?
My partner is USMC and I've only ever seen him cry during one thing in 8 years, and it is during this scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EQQYeRAT3o

For me it would be the ending of the movie "House of Sand and Fog." Holy poo poo that was depressing. I wanted to drink heavily right after seeing it.

Morally Inept
Mar 5, 2012

by XyloJW
In Sixth Sense when Bruce Willis realizes he's one of the dead guys the boy sees. Up to that point I never realized it and even now it gives me goose bumps.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

In Frozen when you realize that the only true love is between the sisters and that the film is really subversive lesbian incest propaganda always brings a tear to my eye.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I still cry at the end of Homeward Bound when Shadow appears over the hill. That and The Great Escape are the only two movies that ever made me cry as a kid, and I've since become a Neo-Nazi so it's down to one.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I have seen the face of God today

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
itt goons learn how toilets work

OppyDoppyDopp
Feb 17, 2012

BLARGHLE posted:

Yeah, that whole scene actually makes a lot less sense this way...
i hate the swell in the music when he shoots the pow

'he is a man now. he can murder'

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Robo Reagan posted:

itt goons learn how toilets work

WTF are you talking about!? The only thing I learned is that Asians use magic to unclog their toilets.

Bad Gandalf
Sep 19, 2010
That bit in the Lion King with the masonic symbolism and the bullshit

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

MizPiz posted:

WTF are you talking about!? The only thing I learned is that Asians use magic to unclog their toilets.

I like how Asia has both the most advanced toilets in the world and areas where a proper toilet in a civilized area includes "a hole you squat over."

Subliminal Sauce
Apr 6, 2010

Spreading freedom and spreading it thick; that's just a thing us right-wing nutjobs do!
that one piece of cinema with the double penetration scene ending with a huge moneyshot. Gets my face wet everytime.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.
2 And I saw, and behold a white horse

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

This Charming Goat posted:

The last scene of Fight Club when he says 'You met me at a very strange time in my life' and the buildings start imploding and 'Where is my mind?' kicks in. Hells yeah! Burn it down!
That's the scene I would pick too. I think that's the only thing that brings me close to happy tears.

And on the other hand, the Futurama dog scene for a sad thing.

I'm sure there's something in Blade Runner too, but I don't remember what. It's not tears in the rain though. Perhaps when raccoon-eyes girl kills the scientist.

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

I ain't about to go back and click all them youtube links to see if any of you motherfuckers already posted this, but the drat hallway scene in Exorcist III:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7Yu8jCrJeg

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

Gorman Thomas posted:

I just watched this movie last night 'cause of your post and holy gently caress. Just... holy gently caress.

[edit] Idi I Smotri, not Raging Bull

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
for some reason revenge scenes always get me pseudo-teary.not like i was bullied either so idk what's going on with that.for example, when whatshisname in District 9 makes his last stand in the powered exoskeleton.guess its just nice to see the bad guys get what's coming in a spectacular way :shrug:

e: sin city is full of that.actually that whole film is full of scenes that get me

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
I dont remember the movie but theres a scene where a guy asks this girl abou5 her dad. And the next 2 minutes is just a little kid crying a crusty old man just standing over her screaming "shut up stop loving crying" over and over for the whole 2 minutes and adult she just turns towards the guy asking the question and says no. I dont think so. I think he was asking like oh hey does your dad like (insert tv show food or sport)

JimsonTheBetrayer fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jul 10, 2014

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
In Lilo and Stitch, when Nani sings "Aloha 'Oe (Farewell to Thee)" to Lilo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WraKfeFtOPs

I think of Lilo and Stitch as kind of a sad film in general, despite its happy ending - the way it deals with poverty and broken families gives it a poignancy that Disney movies usually don't have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Jimson posted:

I dont remember the movie but theres a scene where a guy asks this girl abou5 her dad. And the next 2 minutes is just a little kid crying a crusty old man just standing over her screaming "shut up stop loving crying" over and over for the whole 2 minutes and adult she just turns towards the guy asking the question and says no. I dont think so. I think he was asking like oh hey does your dad like (insert tv show food or sport)

gently caress that sounds bananas

• Locked thread