Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Nessus posted:

I also like how nobody told Polnareff this particular scheme, but then he's pretty hard to conceal.

This reminds me how Avdol's return (accidentally?) makes everyone in the group look like a huge rear end in a top hat towards Polnareff. Yeah, he disguised as his own father to deceive the enemy and I understand why they couldn't tell him before they got to the island, but when they met Avdol's "father" the guys were RIGHT THERE, there was no reason for him not to reveal the truth then and there... other than to gently caress with Polnareff. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms

Star Platinum posted:

This reminds me how Avdol's return (accidentally?) makes everyone in the group look like a huge rear end in a top hat towards Polnareff. Yeah, he disguised as his own father to deceive the enemy and I understand why they couldn't tell him before they got to the island, but when they met Avdol's "father" the guys were RIGHT THERE, there was no reason for him not to reveal the truth then and there... other than to gently caress with Polnareff. :allears:

They explain this, actually; they didn't think Polnareff would be able to KEEP IT A SECRET. Which is pretty reasonable strategy on Jotaro's part, given Polnareff can't so much as change his clothes without doing a four-part stage show about it.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
I know that's why they didn't tell him right away, but when they had already gotten to the island there was no point for Avdol to keep up the masquerade anymore. I mean obviously "Avdol's dad" was meant to misdirect the reader, but it doesn't make much sense in retrospect and makes this super serious moment

look like a particularly dickish setup for a punchline.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I'm sure Joseph used Hermit Purple off-screen and figured that Polnareff would be attacked by a Stand, so he let Abdul pretend to be Abdul Sr. for a while longer so he could have a cool entrance.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Star Platinum posted:

I know that's why they didn't tell him right away, but when they had already gotten to the island there was no point for Avdol to keep up the masquerade anymore. I mean obviously "Avdol's dad" was meant to misdirect the reader, but it doesn't make much sense in retrospect and makes this super serious moment

look like a particularly dickish setup for a punchline.

We're talking about Joseph here. Being a huge rear end in a top hat for the sake of a joke isn't exactly out of line!

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Patware posted:

We're talking about Joseph here. Being a huge rear end in a top hat for the sake of a joke isn't exactly out of line!

Case in point: His first instinct post-resurrection after hunting the vampire that haunted his family for a century and killed several of his compatriots was to pretend to be a dracula in front of his grandson.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It'd have been hilarious if the last Ora Ora beating in Stardust Crusaders was on Joseph for that bad joke.

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Feminist Frequency is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign. Donate today!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I was rereading the Justice chapter of Stardust Crusaders, and I can't help but notice something.

The problem that Jotaro points out to Enya is that she called him Jotaro when he signed Qtaro in the sign-in book.

But she also refers to Kakyoin as Noriaki Kakyoin, and his name is signed Tenmei Kakyoin.

Do they ever explain that?

Ah, I found an answer on Tumblr. Tenmei is apparently an alternate pronunciation of Noriaki. So, it's either an error or Kakyoin was suspicious, too.

I see Eiffel also made up a silly false name too.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I really don't think I can make it through part 5 with the crappy scans especially after starting with the good quality scans. Jumping to part 6 is ok right?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
If you're not feeling it then go right ahead, but keep in mind that we'll probably never get better scans of part 5.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Momomo posted:

If you're not feeling it then go right ahead, but keep in mind that we'll probably never get better scans of part 5.

We might get an anime though, so go for it.

Part 5 doesn't have an impact on anything so it works out.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

KidDynamite posted:

I really don't think I can make it through part 5 with the crappy scans especially after starting with the good quality scans. Jumping to part 6 is ok right?

There are no spoilers for Part 5 in 6, aside from maybe an off-handed mention of a character, so go ahead. I read part 5 last, with the bad scans and poor translation it really is the low point for English language JoJo.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
If the upcoming release of Part 3 sells, they very well could get to part 5.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
What's that thing Abbacchio, FF, Stephen Steel, and Rohan wears on their heads?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

amuayse posted:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

amuayse posted:

It's either a headband or their hair that they shaved/dyed.

EDIT: Rohan is definitely wearing a headband, FF's is her hair, and Steel is wearing a cap.

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jul 7, 2014

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Feminist Frequency is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign. Donate today!

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Four testicles?

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

chaos rhames posted:

Four testicles?

Four testicles.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

DicktheCat posted:

Four testicles.

Maybe more.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I cannot handle this.

amuayse posted:

I assume Abbacchio was jewish or something, and just wore a yarmulke.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

That would be so goddamn amazing.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

The worst part is... I think it... kinda works.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Either that or loving Smooth :suicide:
I am all for Cee-Lo's gently caress You as the ED for Stone Ocean though

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

I hope this happens.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Somehow I was expecting Cruel Summer. I think I like this better.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I have no words to describe how bizarre that would be.

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

...why does that seem like it would actually work? I mean, maybe if the ED was just Okuyasu being a gently caress-up at things.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Agent Interrobang posted:

...why does that seem like it would actually work? I mean, maybe if the ED was just Okuyasu being a gently caress-up at things.

Part 4 has a relatively carefree tone, compared to the rest of Jojo. Even when Kira is in hiding, several chapters are still devoted to life and death rock, paper, scissors, and using an alien(???) to cheat a dice.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

JoJo's are like onions.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Agent Interrobang posted:

quote:

So much to do so much to see,
So what's wrong with taking the back streets?
You'll never know if you don't go,
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Butt rock as it is, it perfectly sums up the core themes and tone of Diamond is Unbreakable.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

hoobajoo posted:

So what's wrong with taking the back streets?

The ghosts that drag you to hell. :colbert:

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

Oh, I thought it WOULD work. I was just having trouble articulating why I thought so. Good points, all!

(oh god why do I always forget the 'I'M AN ALIEN' bit)

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
The best part of that, is that the credits are always about 1:30, just as the song hits a perfect point to fade out.

Even if it would break this trend that isn't actually a thing, I'm really hoping part 5 gets this

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

hoobajoo posted:

Butt rock as it is, it perfectly sums up the core themes and tone of Diamond is Unbreakable.

Plus the song is basically the opposite of what Kira represents.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I keep seeing people suggest that Build Me Up Buttercup by The Foundations should be the part 4 ending. I don't know why. I think it'd work pretty well.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The downside of All Star: We'd have to suffer the Internet's obsession with Shrek, which started out kinda funny, but became obnoxious as people lost the irony.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

All Star was in the digimon movie before it was in Shrek anyway. :colbert:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

The downside of All Star: We'd have to suffer the Internet's obsession with Shrek, which started out kinda funny, but became obnoxious as people lost the irony.

Mouth Sounds was album of the year. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Mouth is Not Smash

• Locked thread