Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Thank gently caress for Cill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Rat tail threw him off

R.S. Gumby
Jul 26, 2007

Utterly useless.
Suggestion:

They should start the games with a penalty shoot-out. One round at a time until one side gets the lead. Then play the game as normal with one side starting 1-0 up, but that goal acts as a tiebreaker against if the game ends in a draw.

There, sorted. FIFA, give me my millions.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
loving Argentine garbagemen

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

African AIDS cum posted:

No wonder Anne Frank killed herself and her dad faked her diaries, this is so bad if i was dutch i'd do the same
potm

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
That was a pretty good save I guess

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Want to go to bed

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Let off

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Argentina and their short players :argh:

Explain How!
Dec 14, 2013
Qui Gonn is disappointed in his young padawan.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
palacio's loving rat tail ruined everything

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

tetsman posted:

rat tail oval office gently caress

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

splifyphus posted:

rematches instead of PKs might actually incentivize playing-aggressively-so-we-can-go-home-soon

Nope, they do that in Gaelic football and what happens is that many games are tied (like statistically significant) so that they can do a rematch and sell more tickets

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

splifyphus posted:

rematches instead of PKs might actually incentivize playing-aggressively-so-we-can-go-home-soon

This is the dumbest thing anyone has ever said about competetive soccer.

eviljelly
Aug 29, 2004

pens please

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

No wonder Anne Frank killed herself and her dad faked her diaries, this is so bad if i was dutch i'd do the same

:that smiley of Vince McMahon falling backwards:

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

loving DO A THING

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Dude has a tampon stuck to his cheek.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

R.S. Gumby posted:

Suggestion:

They should start the games with a penalty shoot-out. One round at a time until one side gets the lead. Then play the game as normal with one side starting 1-0 up, but that goal acts as a tiebreaker against if the game ends in a draw.

There, sorted. FIFA, give me my millions.

should they

TurricaN
Feb 11, 2003
:v:

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
fuckin hit it better than that you clown

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
loving poo poo you argie cunts just score a loving goal

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
lol

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

*nate silver begins hurriedly scribbling the drag coefficient of palacio's rattail*

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
im just glad its going to pens because penalty-posting is the best time to post and i've got my

X's and O's raring to go

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

:negative:

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Holy poo poo Cillisen's hands are on fire :stare:

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

these loving teams should not be in a semi gently caress

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

i hope muller breaks kloses record in the final lmbo these teams are awful

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

T Bowl posted:

should they

Nah.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Maxipad Rodriguez

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Argentina woke up and realized they might want to win this before PKs

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

lollll

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I hope that Messi misses his penalty

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

Philip N Gross

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

JD Bucks 7 posted:

Judging by your avatar, think of it as a college football overtime. You didn't get it done in the time given, so here is some extra, starting here, and try to score. (two overtimes pass with the same score) Okay, people, you really need to lose or win this game, so now you have to go for 2 after a TD.

Is it the best, or fairest? Probably not, but they get 1/3 of the regulation time extra to try to decide it like the game was meant to be. There comes a point where you need to change the rules so it isn't 0-0 in the 700th minute, like this game seems to be headed.

To follow up on the football analogy, here is a modest proposal that I think would be more interesting. Should probably go in the newbie thread but in the interest of continuing the discussion here, I'll leave it. Especially since nothing is going on in the game.

So, each team gets a turn on offense. They start with the ball at midfield, if ball goes back across it, it's reset at midfield again with the offense having control. Defense plays a man down. Offense has 5 minutes to score as much as they can. Repeat with teams switching offense / defense roles. If tied after this first round, repeat but this time the defense plays 2 men down (or 3 if it goes into a third, etc).

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

Frankston posted:

I hope that Messi misses his penalty

This would be perfect.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
remember when the netherlands beat spain 5-1. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

murder both the dutch and the argies and let belgium-costa rica decide the second finalist

• Locked thread