Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
It was a great game because we won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

ESPN showed a quick ticker that Nigeria is banned from all soccer now? What's the story there?

Diran
Jan 28, 2014
Sad that it was such a disappointing game.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

wyoak posted:

Perpetual golden goal with no penalties, an extra sub per side per 30 minutes or something. Obviously no idea if it would work but I think if no one played to get to the shootout it could open up in extra time.

this is the worst idea in the entire world

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

The dutch did nothing and deserve nothing.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Scyantific posted:

gently caress Robben

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Psybro posted:

Germany please please please do not allow this pack of jokers to desecrate the memory of my beloved Argentina 2006 side

We will deliver.

Germany. Making Maradona cry since 1990.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

vyelkin posted:

this is the worst idea in the entire world
good analysis

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

FAT BATMAN posted:

ESPN showed a quick ticker that Nigeria is banned from all soccer now? What's the story there?

they scammed ghana out of their bonuses

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

stickyfngrdboy posted:

van gaal is to blame 100%, not the dutch keeper.

if you sub your number 1 keeper for a taller man just for a penalty shootout in one game, you have to do this again if you get to pens in the next game. If you don't, every single opposition player has scored his pen long before he gets to the peno spot. He has no fear, because the keeper has a manager who doesn't rate him at penos.

Van Gaal, foreign myth, garbageman. Van persie and robben bottled it as well.

I think the biggest problem was the dutch missing the first pen, as we all know from that chart if you miss the first pen you're statistically hosed

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Who was that dutch fan who bitched about robben getting picked on?

Your poo poo garbagemen did that to Messi for 120 minutes. gently caress you and your dirty loving team

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

FAT BATMAN posted:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/soccer/fifa-bans-nigeria-political-intrusion-article-1.1860562

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
England fans cheering for Holland bitching :qq: on my Facebook now about why it's the worst World Cup ever.

Germany vs. Argentina

:getin:

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Seems like only yesterday that the Dutch thrashed Costa Rica 0-0

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
i want to gently caress robben :mrgreenwater:

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

FAT BATMAN posted:

dunno i just used google.com to do an internet search and found this

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/soccer/fifa-bans-nigeria-political-intrusion-article-1.1860562

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

FAT BATMAN posted:

Too athletic

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

track day bro! posted:

i want to gently caress robben :mrgreenwater:

the bug chaser ;_;

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

wyoak posted:

good analysis

He's right its a dogshit idea

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
I ran the numbers and I have an important advanced stats revelation:

the Dutch are big f*ggots

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

track day bro! posted:

said hitler in ww2

When they slept with the Germans and ended up being banned from their towns they sure as hell cried.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
They are probably wearing sombreros and beating the poo poo out of piñatas in whatever city is the capital of argentina right now

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

tetsman posted:

are they

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Well that was a bit of a come-down compared to last night.

Would have liked a Holland win but it didn't matter in the end I don't think any of those teams can beat Germany.

Fail
Jan 19, 2006

Clever girl

tetsman posted:

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

FAT BATMAN posted:

government interference in the running of the nigerian football federation. nigeria didn't hold elections and fifa is all mad its just a big ol' joke.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Soulex posted:

When they slept with the Germans and ended up being banned from their towns they sure as hell cried.

Bit dark this

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Ponce de Le0n posted:

He's right its a dogshit idea
why's that though
i mean that match kinda sucked so more of it wouldn't have been a great thing but penalties are still pretty lame

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

wyoak posted:

good analysis

i've got a sick idea, let's take this thing that's been proven to kill matches of football and make it last literally forever

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

it's over 9000% true according to my advanced stats op

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

if argentina do win it's greece in euro 2004 all over again.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

wyoak posted:

Perpetual golden goal with no penalties, an extra sub per side per 30 minutes or something. Obviously no idea if it would work but I think if no one played to get to the shootout it could open up in extra time.

Dude, you know they used to flip a coin right?

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer

FAT BATMAN posted:

Link

FIFA has suspended Nigeria from all international football after the government sacked the executive committee of the country’s football federation

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010

FAT BATMAN posted:

The Nigerian gov kicked the head football bloke out of his job when the team went out of the WC.
E; oh apparently they arrested him ha

Creepy Goat fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jul 10, 2014

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

tetsman posted:

it's over 9000% true according to my advanced stats op

sorry im from europe therefore im anti-maths

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

vyelkin posted:

i've got a sick idea, let's take this thing that's been proven to kill matches of football and make it last literally forever
it kills matches because teams know penalties are looming

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Anyone gonna do some PC brogaming after this insane match?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Hegay posted:

Bit dark this

I saw Band of Brothers, I'm practically a licensed historian

pixelpusherbot
Jun 3, 2009
That must have been a terribly boring match to spectate, if you got no nationality in this game...

Terribly uninspired play, Holland deserved to lose.

Also, like Cruyff used to say: Every benefit has its downside. Cellissen was destroyed before even taking penalties. He was close too. twice... he will never stop a penalty in his life again. Kind of a dick move by Van Gaal in retrospect to put this penalty series there.

Also, Ron Vlaar taking first penalty... anyway, Argentina wanted this more, deserved this more. Lets go for 8-0 against Brazil.

Edit: Also all the Dutch players had media training on a loss before the match. They all say exactly the same thing:

- I am proud.
- This hurts a lot.
- This sucks.
- Only first place matters.

It sounds normal, but it is rehearsed. Try to outwit the media like that, and you deserve to lose.

pixelpusherbot fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jul 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LOOK I AM A TURTLE
May 22, 2003

"I'm actually a tortoise."
Grimey Drawer

Brony Car posted:

You realize he was marked by multiple players throughout a lot of that game, right?

Yes

• Locked thread