Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skeevy Mcgee
Feb 17, 2007

There's a saying in Missouri, if you don't like the weather just wait five minutes. In Blaine, with hard work, I think we can get that down to three or four minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I think maybe that "just wait 5 minutes" quote in some states just means "you'll be dead in 5 minutes and the dead are indifferent to weather"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

cheerfullydrab posted:

Hey Texans how do you like the idea of a state that's 9 miles wide and has two senators just like you do?

It angries up my blood.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

comes along bort posted:

King of the Hill gets Texas pretty well but Squidbillies is the superior southern culture parody cartoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWdFicSjsI0

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

paragon1 posted:

I'm pretty sure the Secret Service screens people they let into lines like that.

I mean it seems, uh, rather reckless otherwise.

From a few pages ago but I was in Normandy last month for the D-Day commemorations working with France 3 TV and just to get into the cemetery where Obama and Hollande were I had to get patted down, my bags searched and everything scanned twice, and when I was in the press area where the Presidents walked by to the stage there were at least a dozen US and French secret service agents all up in our poo poo at all times. I don't know if every event the President attends is so secure but I was really impressed with their thoroughness for that.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Haha I posted that clip a while back in the pic thread. It truly is peak internet.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Israel/Palestine threads are really bad, and I dunno why I only realized it this time.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

KoldPT posted:

Israel/Palestine threads are really bad, and I dunno why I only realized it this time.

Yeah, I had to step back from that one too. It gets really toxic, I guess because it's such a huge issue.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Until I moved to Kansas I never realized how much I loving hate the wind

illrepute
Dec 30, 2009

by XyloJW

KoldPT posted:

I'm only half sorry. We might be gearing up for part three of the Cast Lead trilogy and I'm not happy about it

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

KoldPT posted:

I can't believe someone unironically posted a Latuff cartoon there.

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

cheerfullydrab posted:

Hey Texans how do you like the idea of a state that's 9 miles wide and has two senators just like you do?

At least the whole country knows who our Senators are. :smug:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
'twas ever thus

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
It's comforting to know that when society collapses,libertarians will have all of their precious metals in an easy to steal case.

Soviet Commubot posted:

From a few pages ago but I was in Normandy last month for the D-Day commemorations working with France 3 TV and just to get into the cemetery where Obama and Hollande were I had to get patted down, my bags searched and everything scanned twice, and when I was in the press area where the Presidents walked by to the stage there were at least a dozen US and French secret service agents all up in our poo poo at all times. I don't know if every event the President attends is so secure but I was really impressed with their thoroughness for that.

Well it's hard to say because the Secret Service doesn't exactly make their procedures public, but I'd imagine it was a little tighter than normal since it was an event with another head of state on foreign soil. I could easily be wrong, of course.

paragon1 fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jul 10, 2014

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

KoldPT posted:

i'll debate anything with anyone but i/p threads honestly exhaust me

Hey Girl
Sep 24, 2004

rscott posted:

It's the worst.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

R. Mute posted:

i'll debate anything with anyone but i/p threads honestly exhaust me

They get to this crazy point where there's so much bullshit going around you wind up even looking at people you agree with and going 'oh my god shut uuuuuuup'.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Joementum posted:

'twas ever thus

The Randler survival kit contains cigarrettes and high quality toilet paper. I'm pretty sure that will be more useful in the event of a massive breakdown of society and currency.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

I wonder what "industry" it's supposed to be the "standard" in?

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

rscott posted:

Missed that chapter in Frank's book, eh?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

rscott posted:

Hopefully a tornado will whisk you to Oz.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

The Monkey Man posted:

I can't believe someone unironically posted a Latuff cartoon there.

Why? He has Correct Opinions about half the time, and I/P is totally one of the issues where he's right.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Ogmius815 posted:

I wonder what "industry" it's supposed to be the "standard" in?

The conning idiots out of their money industry.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I know there is some terrible poo poo about to go down re: Israel/Palestine and I think I've decided I just don't want to know the details because it will make me very angry and depressed.

Freepers are screaming about kids that are legitimate refugees being let into America just long enough to get their info and then punted back into their poo poo-show countries because "gently caress immigrants", say the people who can probably trace their ancestry to Ellis Island post-1865.

There are calls for impeachment of Obama because gently caress it, it's not like the House is doing anything useful anyway.

In short, I want to thank the derail/chat crew for turning me on to Evan Williams because it's saving me about $3/handle from my previous bourbon of choice.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

skaboomizzy posted:

In short, I want to thank the derail/chat crew for turning me on to Evan Williams because it's saving me about $3/handle from my previous bourbon of choice.

evan williams is so loving legit and i miss it a lot. i haven't found anywhere that sells it here in australia yet and if i do i don't imagine it'll be less than $40-50.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

Joementum posted:

'twas ever thus

I hope they include one of these as easter egg loot in the next Fallout game.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

I hope they include one of these as easter egg loot in the next Fallout game.

That would be amazing. :allears:

Maybe have it on a skeleton gazing into an open, empty refrigerator.

Unrelated: "refrigerator", but "fridge". Why.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
Is this thread going well? I was here in its early days but I keep forgetting to check.

I have some nice home-made chicken curry to heat up but I'm having trouble motivating myself to walk a metre to my fridge and another three metres to my microwave, please send pizzas.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

razorrozar posted:

That would be amazing. :allears:

Maybe have it on a skeleton gazing into an open, empty refrigerator.

Unrelated: "refrigerator", but "fridge". Why.

don't bother asking questions about English, it's a stupid bastard language and most of the time the reason is convoluted bullshit if one even exists

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
Yeah, like why am I in a plane and in a car, but on a train? Signs and wonders.

made of bees
May 21, 2013
How should it be spelled? Frig? Frige? Frij? None of those look right to me.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

ReindeerF posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xQr3KVDrZY

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

made of bees posted:

How should it be spelled? Frig? Frige? Frij? None of those look right to me.

fridge is fine, but it should be refridgerator

:airquote: should :airquote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ3oC6sVP6k

e: found much better version

wheez the roux fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Jul 10, 2014

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
It could be worse though. English isn't a tonal language, it doesn't have genders, and it's got a simple alphabet.

ReindeerF posted:

"I'm on a plane" is perfectly acceptable too.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It could be worse though. English isn't a tonal language, it doesn't have genders, and it's got a simple alphabet.

"I'm on a plane" is perfectly acceptable too.

Or a boat!

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

You beautiful bastard. :golfclap:

e: haha, poor Jorma

wheez the roux posted:

fridge is fine, but it should be refridgerator

:airquote: should :airquote:

this is correct

razorrozar fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Jul 10, 2014

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

razorrozar posted:

You beautiful bastard. :golfclap:

e: haha, poor Jorma

this is correct

Jorma having the worst day is the best part of that video.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Hopefully a tornado will whisk you to Oz.

A tornado that would blow me to Australia would be pretty nice but I lived in Flint before I lived here so I'll take the wind over water contaminated with raw sewage that looks like weakly brewed tea

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
All of you are welcome to stay at my place if you come to Australia. I have a studio apartment that's about the size of the average walk-in wardrobe, so it'll be a bonding experience for us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

skaboomizzy posted:

I know there is some terrible poo poo about to go down re: Israel/Palestine and I think I've decided I just don't want to know the details because it will make me very angry and depressed.

Freepers are screaming about kids that are legitimate refugees being let into America just long enough to get their info and then punted back into their poo poo-show countries because "gently caress immigrants", say the people who can probably trace their ancestry to Ellis Island post-1865.

There are calls for impeachment of Obama because gently caress it, it's not like the House is doing anything useful anyway.

I think theres a bunch of threads to talk about being a sad alcoholic but this should be a happier thread, where people aren't mentally depressed liek that

• Locked thread