Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Old Man Pants posted:

As long as we can forget the witch season forever, I'll be glad with the outcome. Kill everyone as far as I am concerned.

Witchcraft season owned imo. It was cool to see a force that the vamps actually had to fear for a change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

"You're welcome bitch."

Marley Wants More
Oct 22, 2005

woof
I don't believe we've seen the last of Tara. There's no way in the first ten minutes of the last season we'd see her for a few minutes and then "Welp, that's it for her." They may have "killed" her, sure. But they also killed her in S4. I don't doubt that Pam sensed her true death, but Godric appeared after his true death, too.

I'm also still hoping that somebody turns Mrs. Fortenberry, just so I can see that bitch get killed twice.

Chopsy
Dec 27, 2005

GUNS GUNS GUNS
BIKES BIKES
YOUR MOM
The books had witches who were also werewolves. I'm just sayin'.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Were they eventually turned into vampires?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I hope Jason turns into a were panther at some random point

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

The Duggler posted:

I hope Jason turns into a were panther at some random point

If that happens he has to gently caress his sister.

No thanks.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

ded posted:

If that happens he has to gently caress his sister.

No thanks.

...Wha?

Chopsy
Dec 27, 2005

GUNS GUNS GUNS
BIKES BIKES
YOUR MOM

It was an inbreeding joke.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

Nate Falls posted:

It was an inbreeding joke.

You know you have a special show on your hands when "he has to gently caress his sister" is taken literally.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

So I guess that cliffhanger with Eric buring on a mountaintop at noon in the artic circle isn't going to be referenced at all?

This episode was still bad, but it had some True Blood fun.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Junkenstein posted:

So I guess that cliffhanger with Eric buring on a mountaintop at noon in the artic circle isn't going to be referenced at all?

This episode was still bad, but it had some True Blood fun.

I'm guessing the writers don't really have a good explanation for it beyond magical vampire burrowing powers

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I just assumed they didn't know if they were gonna keep Eric around when they filmed it, so they made it so it could go either way.

MrData
Jun 28, 2008
Imagine I'm a vampire and I'm in an room on the second floor. You rescind my invitation. Do I fly out of the window, or do I get dragged downstairs and then out of the door? What if I'm in a maze? Do I traverse the maze out to the exit?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

MrData posted:

Imagine I'm a vampire and I'm in an room on the second floor. You rescind my invitation. Do I fly out of the window, or do I get dragged downstairs and then out of the door? What if I'm in a maze? Do I traverse the maze out to the exit?
The magic opens the door for you, so I'm guessing it lets you take the stairs.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
What if, instead of a parking lot, they put Russel Edgington in the concrete foundation of a human's home, and they rescinded his invitation? Would it rip the house apart?

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

What constitutes a home? We know you have to own it, since Eric could come and go when he bought Sookie's house.

Is a car a home? How about a tent? If someone lives in an apartment building, is the whole building a home or just the individual apartments?

Correct answer: What ever works for the given situation.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
What if there's 20 people hiding in a guy's house. They are not related to the guy in any way, they are total strangers. Vampires surround the house. The house is a log cabin that the owner built himself. The owner of the house walks in front of a window and is killed by a sniper's bullet. The house now has no owner. Are those people hosed?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

What if you get turned into a vampire in a home you don't have permission to be in.

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

I don't want Fop goddamnit
All these questions are making me imagine an episode of Mythbusters set in the True Blood universe and I'm now sad that I'll never get to see it happen.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

OldSenileGuy posted:

What if there's 20 people hiding in a guy's house. They are not related to the guy in any way, they are total strangers. Vampires surround the house. The house is a log cabin that the owner built himself. The owner of the house walks in front of a window and is killed by a sniper's bullet. The house now has no owner. Are those people hosed?

I think it depends if you're just straight up hiding in there or he's giving you shelter because if that's where you're putting your bed temporarily it's "your house" too so you would be ok even if the legal owner died. If it's anything like a hotel for the night or something, then you'd be hosed. AFAIK that's how it works.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Twee as gently caress posted:

I think it depends if you're just straight up hiding in there or he's giving you shelter because if that's where you're putting your bed temporarily it's "your house" too so you would be ok even if the legal owner died. If it's anything like a hotel for the night or something, then you'd be hosed. AFAIK that's how it works.

There's no reason why a vampire couldn't just burn your house down to force you out either.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Party Plane Jones posted:

There's no reason why a vampire couldn't just burn your house down to force you out either.

oh well yeah that always confused me why vampires always go 'Darn it! You made it back to your house! I guess I'll have to come back in the future when you're out and about!' and speed off in the night. Just loving burn the house down you loving idiots. Didn't that happen only like once in all of true blood?

You'd think after centuries of killing humans they would have loving figured out FIRE by now. Superior predator my rear end :jerkbag:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Sick of Goodbyes

Sookie tracks down H-vamps with a posse of vampires and humans.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

DecentHairJelly posted:

All these questions are making me imagine an episode of Mythbusters set in the True Blood universe and I'm now sad that I'll never get to see it happen.

That would have been an excellent cross over

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
And Kari is a vamp and gets staked immediately yeah that'd rule massively

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

All comedy is derived from fear.
It was about halfway through the scene before I realized that the characters aren't stupid and remembered that they glamored Hoyt, and now I'm pissed about the Hoyt story again.

Edit: hey, it's that guy!

Edit2: gently caress you that guy, I prefer red vines.

Illuen fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jul 14, 2014

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
hahaa what the gently caress

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Is this episode not showing up for anybody else on HBOgo?

EDIT: There it is. :downs:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Nice catch. :v:

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Twee as gently caress posted:

oh well yeah that always confused me why vampires always go 'Darn it! You made it back to your house! I guess I'll have to come back in the future when you're out and about!' and speed off in the night. Just loving burn the house down you loving idiots. Didn't that happen only like once in all of true blood?

You'd think after centuries of killing humans they would have loving figured out FIRE by now. Superior predator my rear end :jerkbag:

Hell, way back in the first season the humans did it to a couple of vampires during the day. How they didn't learn from that I'll never know.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

That was prime gif material

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
I like Bill in Dad mode.

HOLY SHT THAT'S GINGER! Lol I didn't recognize her.

Bored fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jul 14, 2014

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
This is exceptional

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Lisa Loeb has NOT aged well.

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

All comedy is derived from fear.
Oh my god, Ginger as a film studies major is cracking me up almost as much as Erics NSync hair.

nopants
May 29, 2004
Sometimes, the world is so beautiful it hurts.

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes
Uh that Garbage song was released in 1996. Immersion RUINED.

Edit: Goddammit I missed the time stamp, ha.

Sneeing Emu fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jul 14, 2014

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

The whole thing was Ginger's idea. I love it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Dazerbeams posted:

The whole thing was Ginger's idea. I love it!

Ginger is best part of the season, hand's down.

• Locked thread