Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Surefire V2 Vampire flashlight.

Ameriglo CAP night sights for my Glock 19 in orange. I didn't get a Glock front sight tool so installing this will be... Interesting. When I do get them installed I plan on practicing low-light shooting drills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Ema Nymton posted:

:supaburn:

PM me if you're going to be there.

Sorry, I don't think anyone wants to be your guardian.

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

Two Sonos Play:1

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

big mean giraffe posted:

I usually get the giant fuckoff pack from Sam's club, it lasts my girlfriend and I over a month and it's good poo poo.

What? I'm pretty sure one roll lasts me a month :stare: I get that with a woman the usage would be higher but...

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.

mobby_6kl posted:

What? I'm pretty sure one roll lasts me a month :stare: I get that with a woman the usage would be higher but...

Please, don't poo poo-shame.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

You just need to use one of these as your "closer".

App13
Dec 31, 2011

colas posted:

You just need to use one of these as your "closer".

Nah man you gotta open with that and dry with 4 ply toilet paper

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

This just came in the other day:

Asus VG248QE 24" 144 Hz monitor. I got it because it had great reviews and some of the lowest latency of any display in most reviews. I went in doubting that the 144 Hz mode would even be noticeable, but holy poo poo it's so much smoother.

When I first hooked it up I played a few games, tested a few things and was really happy with the display: lack of ghosting, brightness, color, and all that stuff, but I was kind of disappointed that it didn't look any smoother than a regular LCD. Then I realized it defaulted to 60 Hz mode. I switched it to 144 and even simple things like moving the mouse around the screen were hypnotizing they looked so smooth. Obviously it won't benefit all games, but in things like TF2 where I can get a solid 90 FPS, the difference is stunning. Couldn't be happier with my purchase.

holy poo poo I had no idea since I have the exact same monitor. I also just learned that it doesn't support the faster refresh over HDMI. I need to find that cable now.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Follow up post: my Cloven Hoof pedal arrived. I'm gonna make my neighbors hate me. It's so good. They're going to be making it in a non limited edition soon, anyone who likes guitar fuzz should take a look - with lots of the Fuzz knob and the tone on the trebly side it gets nasty and weird and artifact-y. On the low side of the dial it's very practical too.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

big mean giraffe posted:

it lasts my girlfriend and I
consider the following purchase:

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

TenementFunster posted:

consider the following purchase:

I think the toilet paper would be much more comfortable for wiping your rear end.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

canyoneer posted:

Say more.
Do you mean the whole feel of the port worker and union politics, or the "running a criminal enterprise disappearing containers for the mafia"?

All of the above. The company I worked for the most made it very difficult to get anything in or out. Others... alarmingly insecure. Ships with all-Russian crews would come here straight from China, then go to Seattle, LA, and back to China. I don't want to get into the specifics of my job, but I saw some stuff.

Oh gently caress I just got it

UnfortunateSexFart has a new favorite as of 03:08 on Jul 10, 2014

Merica
Jan 28, 2009

awww yeah.hammock time. I foresee naps in my future

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

Lilleput posted:

My dentist uses these in his entire office, one per room. He has them hooked up to his itunes/spotify so while hes working on you he will play any kind of music you want, it makes the experience overall pretty amazing/soothing rather than the normal dentist experience where you want to claw your eyes out. They work really well in that role or in any similar nice/relatively quiet background mood music. Good purchase.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

App13 posted:

Nah man you gotta open with that and dry with 4 ply toilet paper

Ending the TP derail now by posting it's inevitable conclusion.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I still wonder to this day how that is possible.

Went on a date tonight and got some delicious gourmet ice cream. Banana and sour cream is surprisingly tasty

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SaltLick posted:

I still wonder to this day how that is possible
ever had Gastro?

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Lilleput posted:

Do these require a sonos bridge to connect to? I love the idea of sonos, but can't quite justify the price tag.

lookslikerain
Jan 10, 2014

If you find yourself in a social situation, make threats.

You have to have one part of your Sonos system physically connected to a router, but that can be a Play: 1 as well.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Tim Whatley posted:

gently caress yes.

Just rented and watched this last night. I was surprised it was 2.5 hours long. A very smart purchase. It also has the standard 5 minute fight with one bad guy who has apparently taken all of the PCP in the country! Incredible scenes all around. I couldn't have spent $3 better.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I just bought it as well. I've never seen the first. Is that ok? Should I watch that first or does it not really matter?

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
The first one is awesmoe so you should at some point.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

RCarr posted:

I just bought it as well. I've never seen the first. Is that ok? Should I watch that first or does it not really matter?

If you mean like plotwise, no. The second one kinda throws the plot from the first one out the window in the first couple minutes.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Realized after I bought these that this is the first time I've spent more than 30 dollars on a piece of clothing in my life.
I'm moving up in the world!!

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Nokyo playpad.

Since I've simplified my life by moving and leaving my PC behind, time to get back into emulation on my tablet.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

RCarr posted:

Doesn't really matter. This is true:

ExCruceLeo posted:

The first one is awesmoe so you should at some point.
but the second one doesn't really re-use anything from the first one except the main character, the actor who played Mad Dog in the first one playing a completely different role in the second one, and batshit insane fight choreography/cinematography.

IcedTeaBottle
Apr 27, 2006
Tea Addict
I didn't see anyone else post this one, but I ordered the Hyperkin 5 last year and finally got it like a month ago. For a hunk of plastic it plays a lot of games with the ability to save them anytime you want to the system or an SD card.

I wouldn't buy it yet until it drops down back to it's regular price or at least hopefully it drops back down. It is thought totally worth a purchase if you have a lot of Sega, NES, SNES, GB games, etc. The controller isn't very good (even if Bluetooth) so other controllers would be a nice plus if you have them.

My friend (and follow goon) bought this for me as a gift:

So far I've played it in a 6 person group and it was fun. A bit like CAH, but still different enough that they are both nice options to play with a large group.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

IcedTeaBottle posted:

I didn't see anyone else post this one, but I ordered the Hyperkin 5 last year and finally got it like a month ago. For a hunk of plastic it plays a lot of games with the ability to save them anytime you want to the system or an SD card.

I wouldn't buy it yet until it drops down back to it's regular price or at least hopefully it drops back down. It is thought totally worth a purchase if you have a lot of Sega, NES, SNES, GB games, etc. The controller isn't very good (even if Bluetooth) so other controllers would be a nice plus if you have them.

My friend (and follow goon) bought this for me as a gift:

So far I've played it in a 6 person group and it was fun. A bit like CAH, but still different enough that they are both nice options to play with a large group.

I'd love to have a Retron5 on my tv, but at this point I have sold so many of my old NES and SNES games that it just doesn't make sense to not have an HTPC running an emulator/Steam Big Picture running Ice.

Having said that, I will probably get one of those at some point when I move to my next place for the dozen or so carts I still have because they're my favorite games anyway.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

You must be a real human being. And a real hero.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I've always wanted these driving gloves, but I think people would laugh seeing me rock them in my Honda Insight. My next car should warrant using these. Especially with a metal shift knob and 115 degree days in southern Nevada.

So I got the bicycle equivalent of a 100,000 mile tuneup. They thoroughly take it apart, and everything gets soaked and blasted with cleaning solution, then it's re-assembled, parts are greased, drivetrain is re-adjusted, the wheel's trued, new brake and shifting cables and housing, brake pads, new tires, new chain, and new grip tape. Some of these things I could do on my own, but it all comes in one nifty package. My LBS always hooks me up, so they deserve the business.

I don't know dick about wine, but i'm trying this inexpensive bottle, to go with some cheese and crackers.

Old Vine Red Lot 59

It's layered, and soft in the finish, whatever the gently caress that means.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

dreesemonkey posted:

Do these require a sonos bridge to connect to? I love the idea of sonos, but can't quite justify the price tag.

lookslikerain posted:

You have to have one part of your Sonos system physically connected to a router, but that can be a Play: 1 as well.

The requirement of having a bridge (or any Sonos component) plugged into your router will most likely be dropped shortly.

Sonos is already testing a wifi only setup.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Saucony Kinvara 5 in black. They are fantastic and I jogged 6 miles in them this morning. Invest in good running shoes. Much less pain in my feet.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Sup shoe buddy! Wanted some shoes for lifting plus still being able to walk around, so ended up picking these up:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Are those the MX20v3? I have those too. I tried running in them but the material is so thin that my feet hurt when I'm going over gravel.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Etrips posted:

Sup shoe buddy! Wanted some shoes for lifting plus still being able to walk around, so ended up picking these up:

You should use flat shoes for lifting.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Mu Zeta posted:

Are those the MX20v3? I have those too. I tried running in them but the material is so thin that my feet hurt when I'm going over gravel.

They are the v2's I think. I'm coming from vibrams so they don't really bother me at all. Then again I don't run because it causes flare ups in my knees 100% of the time.

big mean giraffe posted:

You should use flat shoes for lifting.

See the second condition. Once I get into the 1.5xBW range for my squats and deads I'll get some Romaleos or something.

Edit: They are infact v3s.

Etrips has a new favorite as of 01:43 on Jul 11, 2014

The Wurst Poster
Apr 8, 2005

Literally the Wurst...

Seriously...

For REALSIES.

It's "legal" now. Why not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Went snorkeling with my old S2 by mistake (why the gently caress do board shorts have pockets?) so rather than refreshing my phone plan, just outright bought one of these. Should be here on monday.