Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Steelpudding
Apr 21, 2010

I've got Balls of Steel!

Victor Vermis posted:

Vamp teams can be pretty bad, but doing 2x GFIs to put your ball carrier in the opponents backfield, alone with Wolves and a Ghoul, is a poo poo gameplan for any team.

Screens and cages are important, folks.

Grey takes pride in being bad, don't take that away from him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Feinne posted:

It's sort of a shame Vampires are clearly designed as a super gimmick team compared to "generic" Undead and Necromantic (and maybe even Khemri, though they're pretty gimmick too) given that Vampires are badass enough to be the point of one of the two undead armies in WFB (the other being Khemri of course, who hate fukken Vampires).

I'd be all for Blood Bowl getting some continued development and buffing of the "joke tier" to be actually competent (well, on average... ) but seeing as how GW aint touching their board games much any longer and Cyanide being, well Cyanide (Khorne was their design? Perhaps I give them too little credit?) I don't feel very confident in balance being addressed in a good way.

Of course, as long as all the old teams are still around and available, why not have a little bit of community development... (no, bad Pimpmust, bad :ohdear:)

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Steelpudding posted:

Grey takes pride in being bad, don't take that away from him!

I have no idea of what I was doing with that play. I moved him up, and then realized I couldn't get any support to him! I'm blaming a stressful day at work and me being me. (I just turned Ghana around, so hey, I could pull this one out of the fire)

As Gnu has said, I was being very conservative with my bites this game, as I'd dropped two Thralls to get the TV equal. I'd also not played my vamps in a while, and just put all my best players on the pitch, rather than having one in reserve.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Pimpmust posted:

I'd be all for Blood Bowl getting some continued development and buffing of the "joke tier" to be actually competent (well, on average... ) but seeing as how GW aint touching their board games much any longer and Cyanide being, well Cyanide (Khorne was their design? Perhaps I give them too little credit?) I don't feel very confident in balance being addressed in a good way.

Of course, as long as all the old teams are still around and available, why not have a little bit of community development... (no, bad Pimpmust, bad :ohdear:)

It's kind of nice having "Hard Mode" teams. I played Goblins in RSL and a Goonbowl and I never felt like there was a game they had zero chance of winning. Granted I only won like 3 games between the two leagues but there were some close ones.

Making Trolls non-loners on Goblins, making one of the six Ogres a positional with sure hands and P access, and giving Thralls all thick skull to start would go a long way towards making those two teams viable.

edit: And Halflings, uh.. I dunno. Give them a sure hands guy with P access too, I guess.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Make Halfling Chefs a Positional.

They have a bunch of stuff. And Stab.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

This might sound a bit strange but I think upping the movement on ogres would make the team a lot better, or at least a bit more fun. Admittedly I've only played against them once (tabletop) but it would also fit in with the warhammer background, where an ogre moves as fast as an elf.

Plus high movement high strength players can be a nightmare once they get break tackle - and imagine the TTM shenanigans you could get up to!

Also, does anyone know if blood bowl works with Wine on a mac? I'd like to start playing again now that I've noes away from my tabletop group.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It supposedly does in linux, though I've never tried it myself.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

lenoon posted:

This might sound a bit strange but I think upping the movement on ogres would make the team a lot better, or at least a bit more fun. Admittedly I've only played against them once (tabletop) but it would also fit in with the warhammer background, where an ogre moves as fast as an elf.

Plus high movement high strength players can be a nightmare once they get break tackle - and imagine the TTM shenanigans you could get up to!

Also, does anyone know if blood bowl works with Wine on a mac? I'd like to start playing again now that I've noes away from my tabletop group.

I've always thought that Ogres were overcosted relative to other Big Guys, but I'd be down with this. It would also give humans a slight nudge.

EDIT: You could argue that Ogres earn their 140k price tag with Throw Teammate, but I don't buy it--Humans can't use TTM without inducements, and snotlings are so terrible that it feels unfairly punitive to tack on TV for the only thing they're good for. Also they're still arguably overcosted relative to Trolls.

the holy poopacy fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jul 10, 2014

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Gabriel Pope posted:

Also they're still arguably overcosted relative to Trolls.

ehhh.. even disregarding the +1 agility (which should never be used by a Big Guy anyways), +1 Movement and the ability to act on a 2+ without requiring an adjacent ally is a pretty good deal for 30k.

Ignoring for the sake of discussion the fact that Big Guys are loving terrible and a waste of money (unless they have Wild Animal which is the best negatrait for a guy whose main responsibility is to stand in one spot and punch/detain people).

edit: And then there's your Agi 3 Wild Animal Big Guys, which are basically the best thing ever and worth every point of TV.

Victor Vermis fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jul 10, 2014

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

This is hypnotic

:allears::allears::allears::allears::allears:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Victor Vermis posted:

ehhh.. even disregarding the +1 agility (which should never be used by a Big Guy anyways), +1 Movement and the ability to act on a 2+ without requiring an adjacent ally is a pretty good deal for 30k.

Trolls have regen, which usually gets costed in at 20k. Also, yes, trolls and ogres are both terrible to begin with.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Gabriel Pope posted:

Trolls have regen, which usually gets costed in at 20k. Also, yes, trolls and ogres are both terrible to begin with.

Ah that's right.. yeah Regen is awesome. On a gob team I guess I would actually prefer Trolls over Ogres because of that and the fact that Goblins are stunty with not-much-else-to-do so you can usually afford to scoot one over to babysit the Troll.

A big guy on a human team, on the other hand, probably does deserve to be more expensive than one on an Orc team, since an Ogre provides some much needed strength and durability on their LoS.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

:siren:Second Half:siren:

Post Match Votes:

What skill do we give certified fucker, Franken Castle?

What do we do with our cash earnings? We are at 130k so there are a few options
1. Continue as planned, buy a Flolem (who will need a name) - 110k

e- We're buying a Flolem, name him now

2. Sack Ra's Al (who is -MA), buy a new Ghoul (who will need a name) - 70k
3. Sack Blitzer (who is Niggled), buy a new Werewolf (who will need a name) - 120k
4. Cheerleaderz, fire MacGruff and replace him with a zombie named Penis - pffft

Deadline on voting is gonna be the 12th in the afternoon-ish

GNU Order fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jul 11, 2014

Seven Deadly Sins
Apr 5, 2009

I stole something that would make me fabulously wealthy...

But I eated it.

Franken Castle is a dick, so clearly he needs skills to make him more of a dick.

+AV will make him better as our official line of scrimmage punching bag, and help guarantee that he stays on the pitch even against the worst of foes. Or, if our luck holds up, it'll guarantee that he dies first.

Kick is one of those fun skills that is designed to just annoy the opposing team. Making your kick more accurate means you can place the ball far more specifically, preventing touchbacks and making the opposing team cage up much farther in the back of the pitch. It's also a core skill on Necromantic, a team that functions much more efficiently when the opposing team is spread thin.

Dirty Player, which is basically Mighty Blow for fouls, is designed for injuring the opposing team for no benefit beyond one less player on the pitch. It's great for players that are expendable (like Franken Castle) since Dirty Players tend to be targetted or get ejected, and great for teams that demand a mans advantage (like Necromantic). Any team with 40k linemen should have at least one Dirty Player.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

GNU hates our wolves. :smith:

Take Ras'Al out back and shoot him. The get kick

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Well that sure sucks for Wolf Blitzer. Still, a niggle isn't enough to kick you off of the team, but a loss in movement on a high-movement player's definitely enough.

Buy a new Flesh Golem, next purchase should be a Ghoul. The team has two Werewolves and the other ghoul is Santos. That said, keep Ra's Al as a lineman until there's enough cash for a replacement.

Also give FrankenCastle +MA for the fabled fast-zombie strat.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
+AV for Frank. Buy a Flesh Golem Fire both injured schmucks Get ourselves an efficient little wall of meat going.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Buy a Flesh Golem, name him "Hustle N. Flolem"

You want a bad skill for Franken Castle? He gets the Random Skill League special: Kick-Off Return

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

CommaToes posted:

I really can't do better than this.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
+ AV for Franken Castle. He will live forever, leeching off of your hate. :unsmigghh:

Buy Flesh Golem, name him Flesh Gordon.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
+AV Franken Castle so he's a bigger drain on your TV as a tiny, lovely Flesh Golem.

Buy Flesh Golem. Name it whatever. I could re-suggest Perils of the Flesh I guess.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Sack the ghoul and Buy a new Werewolf. I know it isn't one of the options but gently caress ghouls and their dumb brittle bodies.

Block is the easy choice for the Zombie but Kick will create opportunities for two werewolves to capitalize on.

Name the new Werewolf "Block Pride" to compliment Wight Power.

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
+AV for Franken Castle, so that he can stay on the line and take those punches even better.
Buy a new Flesh Golem, and going with "Hustle N. Flolem" as the name.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Buy a Flesh Golem. A new ghoul would just break again anyway.

+MA for the Zombie, it's been amazing on our wolf so far so why not double up?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Buy the new flesh golem, Spirit is Willing.
Dirty Player on Frankencastle.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Victor Vermis posted:

Ignoring for the sake of discussion the fact that Big Guys are loving terrible and a waste of money (unless they have Wild Animal which is the best negatrait for a guy whose main responsibility is to stand in one spot and punch/detain people).

edit: And then there's your Agi 3 Wild Animal Big Guys, which are basically the best thing ever and worth every point of TV.

the +1 agility means you can TTM like a boss. Trees get Strong Aaarm to get the same effect.

As for Gobbos/Halfers, allowing them to actually matchmake down 150-200 TV would help a lot. As well as putting the sub 200k star players in. Double Chainsaw!

Steelpudding
Apr 21, 2010

I've got Balls of Steel!
+Av, make him a true castle. Buy a new flolem and name him Flesh Lite.

Fire the injured ones, each of them got basically the worst thing possible.

Steelpudding fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jul 11, 2014

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Victor Vermis posted:

Sack the ghoul and Buy a new Werewolf. I know it isn't one of the options but gently caress ghouls and their dumb brittle bodies.

Name the new Werewolf "Block Pride" to compliment Wight Power.

SHADOWING zombie. Hey. you SAID the worst skill possible.

Though +MA is also a viable choice. and he can get Shadowing after next level. Unless he rolls dubs in which case gently caress you diving tackle.

and obligatory Cheerleaders

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Jul 11, 2014

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

dirty player on the Zombie.

A dedicated fouler is the best thing. Watch him now get enough SPP and the right skill up roll, we'll add sneaky bit to it as well.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Kick, get a new Flolem, name him Hustle N. Flolem and fire the ghoul.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

+AV sounds like a brilliant idea. And buy a new Flolem.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
+AV is a garbage pick, because it doesn't help him not fall down, and eventually you're going to run into more Claw/MB which makes it mostly irrelevant.

+MA, however, is super legit. More movement means more useful. That's how Blood Bowl works. Wrestle's also a good Zombie staple.

Get the Flolem

Keep the everything else.

A -MA Ghoul is still a 6/3/3/7 Dodge player with Agi and General access, that's more flexible than an Amazon linewoman (20k more base TV but if you get two agi skills, it'd be even), who I'd say is one of the most annoying players to deal with, just because you never want to give people Tackle ever.

Niggled Wolf, who cares, still going to do Wolf stuff, just has their card marked. Also relatively close to their first level, and you want to get that ASAP rather than hitting even higher TV, and then cleaning out your treasury in four games' time to get some no-Block Wolf who's just going to get destroyed over and over.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

CommaToes posted:

Seconding this piece of perfection.

Give Franken Castle Kick. He might as well be useful.

Keep your injured players for now.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

I'll also back keeping the injured players because why not. Everyone wants to kill a wolf anyway and we could use this one as just a surfer with CLAWPOMB thus meaning no one will ever want to stand next to him anyway

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

You want to put armor on second level cannon fodder? I haven't really played this game much, but that seems...incorrect. I'll vote for +MA because I don't believe in ignoring unusual perk opportunities.

Buy a golem, and kill Ra's. The wolf can stay.

Cutscene Powers
Jun 7, 2010
Clearly all these injuries are karmic justice for the severe lack of cheerleaders. So buy some cheerleaders.

After you have a bought a new flolem of course. Got to go with A Flesh Beginning for the name.

Might as well keep the wolf as well but fire the ghoul as he's just dead weight now. Actually keep the ghoul.

Finally get +MA for the Zombie to expand our passing game.

Cutscene Powers fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jul 11, 2014

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
The Ghoul isn't deadweight.

6/3/3/7 Dodge is a decent player that's still 2 MA and a point of Agi better than most of what we have.

They don't even add TV unless they're playing in that match, so it's not like you're trimming TV for our next match by firing a player on a broke as gently caress team that's about to run into Norse with all of its valuable players.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

By the way guys, though I may not have worded it correctly, the idea behind this vote is to decide who to buy with the money we currently have. As it stands, Blitzer and Ra's Al aren't affecting our team's TV so there's no reason to immediately fire them unless you want to rebuy a player at that position.

jBrereton posted:

+AV is a garbage pick

EXACTLY

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
My boy is doing well. He should get kick to provide some utility before he goes off the field for his mid-drive nap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Kick

• Locked thread