Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I'm just looking forward to the universe were everyone is Booker or Elizabeth myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

ManlyGrunting posted:

I'm just looking forward to the universe were everyone is Booker or Elizabeth myself.

One step further; everyone is Booker and Elizabeth. There is only one true being and its name is Bookerbeth.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
You guys should probably watch Rick and Morty if you haven't already.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
If you want a cheap copy of the game, the Irrational Games store is currently selling copies across all available formats for $15. For $20, you can get the Premium Edition, which comes with all the finicky little bits like the Murder of Crows keyring, the little figurine for their rip-off board game, some postcards, the soundtrack (if that is still up?) and most importantly the DLC they released with it, which includes the ever-reliable Bull Rush.

You can also get the Early Bird DLC on the PSN for free, at least you could last time I checked. Think that one has some Infusions and outfits.

KillerEggplant
Apr 2, 2011

Looks like nobody's brought this in yet: Fox News uses a banner that strongly resembles Bioshock Infinite logo during segment on immigration.

Image from Failblog.

Someone in production knew perfectly well what they were doing.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Important question: do they defend Father Comstock's policies? :haw:

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
That has to have been some disgruntled intern's fault, I cannot believe that Fox did that deliberately. Fox aren't that self aware.

KillerEggplant
Apr 2, 2011

Yeah, my bet is on someone in the art department slipping it past the higher-ups.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
jeff goldblum could save me from this nightmare

This is likely the penultimate update to the main story! After next update, it's pretty much just the DLC I need to cover which hopefully shouldn't take as long as the main game did.

Can you believe it has been almost a year since I started this LP? Back when I started it and with LPs prior I was pretty good at keeping to a weekly schedule but as much as I love this game and this LP, something just got in the way every time I tried to make an update. I don't know if I'll ever do another major LP after I get done with BioShock Infinite, but you never know. Thanks to everyone who's stuck around and enjoyed the LP and sorry to those I made wait a year to get to this point.

Next update will most definitely be out this time next week and then I'll take what should be a normal length break but will actually just be the same amount of time you've had to wait for updates lately anyway, then I'll be tackling the DLC. I may even just record the entire DLC and that way I don't have to worry about it at all week to week.

Either way, enjoy the second to last update for the main game!

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
Okay I'm going to point out I called it given that DeWitt's nose started bleeding after he killed Comstock.

EDIT: And yeah where the gently caress are they going with this holy poo poo.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jul 8, 2014

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Wait, what? WHAAAAAAT? :psyduck: Rapture?

edit:

Feinne posted:

Okay I'm going to point out I called it given that DeWitt's nose started bleeding after he killed Comstock.
Yeah, the implications of that one are pretty obvious.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Here's an update to drive the hot summer away. Thrills! Chills! Explosions!! ... And that's really all I can say about it, because we are so very close to the end. (I will say something later, though... Oh, yes, things WILL be said, and not just by me, I'll wager...)

But seriously, welcome back, Sundowner. I hope this means your employment status is better now. :)

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even

resurgam40 posted:

Here's an update to drive the hot summer away. Thrills! Chills! Explosions!! ... And that's really all I can say about it, because we are so very close to the end. (I will say something later, though... Oh, yes, things WILL be said, and not just by me, I'll wager...)

But seriously, welcome back, Sundowner. I hope this means your employment status is better now. :)

Unfortunately not but I did apply to a cool technical theatre course at a nearby college, so hopefully if that all goes well I'll be a behind the scenes dude at a local theatre one day.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
AHAHA RAPTURE HOLY poo poo

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

:yeshaha:
Is...is it against LP forum rules to just post 'what' because, uh...

WHAT?

Also that battle is amazing and insane.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

What

What is happening I don't even

Amazing.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Aw, you didn't use Songbird to gently caress up the ground troops! It's actually surprisingly effective, especially on higher difficulties.

The ground attacks will immediately kill any human enemies and will either OHKO or very heavily damage Patriots, and the best part is that they cool down in a few seconds, so you can practically spam them, and have a clear deck when you use it to bring down an airship. There were like four moments when you were just staring at a bunch of enemies standing right on top of a glowing red target and you didn't do it!

(also it looks kinda hilarious, too)

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even

Fedule posted:

There were like four moments when you were just staring at a bunch of enemies standing right on top of a glowing red target and you didn't do it!

Yeah that's because I was specifically avoiding doing it because the last time I played that section I could have sworn I decided the cooldown time wasn't worth it, but I could be entirely wrong. Granted I should have shown it for the sake of showing it.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Feinne posted:

Yeah that was a bit... blunt. The effect afterwards sealed it. I can kinda guess what's going to happen next...

Even then though what. Rapture... what. What. :psyduck:

yokaiy
Dec 25, 2012

What a handsome tree!
:stare: Well, I wasn't expecting that until we got to the DLC, what with that being the only thing I know about the DLC.

Wow, I can't believe we're that close to the end already. Good to know that they've decided that no twist is too far out of left field for this, I'm excited to see what kind of other shenanigans go down.

Also, thanks for taking us this far, Sundowner, and preemptive thanks for taking us the rest of the way as well.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I really like the voice actor for the Vox announcer.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Rapture. RAPTURE. WHAT THE gently caress :psyduck:

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
What did I just watch? :suspense:

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
That battle set-piece felt really cool but as for everything else… :catstare:

I sure hope some of you clever goons are going to provide some clear and simple explanations of what-the-gently caress when this is over 'cos I'm lost as hell right now.

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu
Good ending to the episode, Sundowner. It was a nice touch.

That battle was a pain when I played through this the first time. I decided to play on hard, and it was just brutal. It felt shoehorned or unfinished or I don't know what, exactly. It wasn't fun to me, to say the least.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Giggs posted:

That battle was a pain when I played through this the first time. I decided to play on hard, and it was just brutal. It felt shoehorned or unfinished or I don't know what, exactly. It wasn't fun to me, to say the least.

Yeah, I played on hard first as well and that battle was a bit too unbalanced, but it did make me feel like the ending was well earned. A few things I learned later: Undertow absolutely ravages the patriots if you hit them in the gears with it, and you can take the skyline to the top of the deck, then walk out on the wing and skyhook inside one of the big zeppelins and take it down yourself while you send Songbird after the other one.

Hey, Sundowner,

when you complete the game are you gonna let the first few minutes of music in the credits play? 'Cause the music is loving gorgeous.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Is Rapture really that surprising? We've already established Elizabeth's tears can cross multiverse boundaries and this game does carry the Bioshock name so it is logically consistant that Elizabeth would be able to open up a tear into Rapture. Hell with the Bioshock name hanging up there and the multiverse theme they've got going it was all but guaranteed we'd take a brief detour through Rapture at some point.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Neruz posted:

Is Rapture really that surprising? We've already established Elizabeth's tears can cross multiverse boundaries and this game does carry the Bioshock name so it is logically consistant that Elizabeth would be able to open up a tear into Rapture. Hell with the Bioshock name hanging up there and the multiverse theme they've got going it was all but guaranteed we'd take a brief detour through Rapture at some point.

It surprised me. Sundowner's LP is the first I've seen of the game, and I definitely had to stop for a "wait... what?" moment. It does make perfect sense in the way you said, but that still feels like "because we can" and I thought they'd keep things a little tighter thematically than to traipse into a different setting for no other reason but that they happen to own the IP to it.

That said, there's still a video left, so perhaps there's a very good reason to be there and it'll all come together. I'll wait patiently for the conclusion to see!

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

So wait, Comstock is actually DeWitt?

And Lizzie is responsible for splicers, I just know it!

Also, why is everybody putting Rapture in spoilers?

Earl of Lavender
Jul 29, 2007

This is not my beautiful house!!

This is not my beautiful wife!!!
Pillbug

Disco Infiva posted:

Also, why is everybody putting thing in spoilers?

Because we don't want to spoil the surprise for anyone who hasn't watched the video yet.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Yes, that makes sense for first couple of posts just after the video, so people don't get accidentally spoiled.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Huh.

Did they warp into the same room where you get the lightning plasmid? And now Elizabeth is wandering off to the bathysphere dock to go back up to the surface? How does she know where to go? Did she pick the first game up on a Steam sale? At this point, no explanation is too weird :psyduck:

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Huh.

Did they warp into the same room where you get the lightning plasmid? And now Elizabeth is wandering off to the bathysphere dock to go back up to the surface? How does she know where to go? Did she pick the first game up on a Steam sale? At this point, no explanation is too weird :psyduck:

It's back to the beginning once more for our heroes, but whose beginning? I loved the symbolism here, and I'm just waiting to see the threadsplosion that will follow the final video as context is given.

TinKelp
Jan 9, 2007
:dukedog:
Buglord

Earl of Lavender posted:

Because we don't want to spoil the surprise for anyone who hasn't watched the video yet.

Or you could stop reading the thread when you see an update post and resume when you're done watching the video. You don't have to read every new post in one go.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

TinKelp posted:

Or you could stop reading the thread when you see an update post and resume when you're done watching the video. You don't have to read every new post in one go.

Not everyone can necessarily watch the video the moment it gets posted. It's just courtesy dude.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
That was glorious.

"Elizabeth! the bird Elizabeth! I lost control, he's coming!" Panicked Dewit.

Elizabeth casually waving her hand in its' direction not even bothering to look. "No he's not."

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Bioshock Infinite is on Humble bundle with other 2K games
https://www.humblebundle.com/

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I don't think this series ever really does "final battles" too well, because they're just a bit... out of place? Or maybe I'm just not too interested in masses of enemies. It doesn't help that the Vox are really just incidental enemies and not some big antagonist built up through the game like Comstock. Not that I wanted Comstock in a mech suit or anything, that'd be dumb like Bioshock 1's final fight.

Seems like most everyone got a bunch of predictions spot on! That's pretty cool at least. Don't know if that makes it predictable or foreshadowed enough to be figured out. And of course the Luteces' hand-wave away the inconsistencies that would have popped up.

So, just to clarify, destroying the syphon basically released all of Elizabeth's stored powers back to her? Is that it? Because I sure do hope she doesn't go all crazy with omnipotent multiverse powers on us now.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

The Booker-Comstock connection was practically being shouted at the player in the last few episodes, and it wasn't too hard to speculate on even earlier.

I wasn't expecting Rapture to show up. We need to keep going, on to Citadel and Tau Ceti V. And then a version of Rapture with insect-men.

The best ending would be a complete breakdown of the game structure into something like Blazing Saddles. Maybe Booker and Elizabeth break into a variety of genres which the player has to complete as minigames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

HGH posted:

I don't think this series ever really does "final battles" too well, because they're just a bit... out of place? Or maybe I'm just not too interested in masses of enemies. It doesn't help that the Vox are really just incidental enemies and not some big antagonist built up through the game like Comstock. Not that I wanted Comstock in a mech suit or anything, that'd be dumb like Bioshock 1's final fight.

Seems like most everyone got a bunch of predictions spot on! That's pretty cool at least. Don't know if that makes it predictable or foreshadowed enough to be figured out. And of course the Luteces' hand-wave away the inconsistencies that would have popped up.

So, just to clarify, destroying the syphon basically released all of Elizabeth's stored powers back to her? Is that it? Because I sure do hope she doesn't go all crazy with omnipotent multiverse powers on us now.

Are you kidding Comstock in a giant robot George Washington suit would have been fantastic.

• Locked thread