Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snow Job
May 24, 2006

Eau de MacGowan posted:

I've been trying to gently caress Roche, I punched the elf in the face and even let him torture the king to death, but I can't put my mutant dick in him. Did I gently caress up his romance tree?

Sorry man, this isn't a Bioware game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Roche is straight only romance option, so you need either: dlc pack or Amazon preorder bonus that will change Geralt's gender.

No.44
Dec 14, 2012

Eau de MacGowan posted:

I've been trying to gently caress Roche, I punched the elf in the face and even let him torture the king to death, but I can't put my mutant dick in him. Did I gently caress up his romance tree?

The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition: How do I make Zoltan my waifu?

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Pyromancer posted:

What is "The witcher: adventure game"? Gog sent me beta key for it.

I haven't recieved mine yet and I want to try it out. Seems like they are sending them out in batches or something.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Eau de MacGowan posted:

You gotta help him save that royal brat or something and then he'll let you bend him over andd

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Did you get/keep the Blue Stripes tattoo? I'm pretty sure that is a requirement.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

So they announced a new hardback "Witcher Compendium" coming out next year. I just went from 6 to midnight.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

chaosapiant posted:

So they announced a new hardback "Witcher Compendium" coming out next year. I just went from 6 to midnight.

Considering the last page of conversation, I think Roche needs a hardback of Witcher, amirite?

Promontory
Apr 6, 2011
I'm getting a strange bug where Geralt falls over dead as soon as I start, both in the tutorial and in the story. I downloaded the comfy couch and weightless recipes mod from the OP, and edited the xml to increase the carry weight. I thought something was wrong in the .xml-file, but it seems Geralt should have a normal amount of health in it. Googling didn't seem to bring up any relevant results, so I'll ask if someone else has experienced the same? I hope I'm not accidentally triggering some kind of anti-piracy measure (Steam version).

Akong
Nov 6, 2010

Xaurips are reptilian humanoids about the size of orlans.

Promontory posted:

I'm getting a strange bug where Geralt falls over dead as soon as I start, both in the tutorial and in the story. I downloaded the comfy couch and weightless recipes mod from the OP, and edited the xml to increase the carry weight. I thought something was wrong in the .xml-file, but it seems Geralt should have a normal amount of health in it. Googling didn't seem to bring up any relevant results, so I'll ask if someone else has experienced the same? I hope I'm not accidentally triggering some kind of anti-piracy measure (Steam version).

Are you some kind of casual?

Promontory
Apr 6, 2011

Akong posted:

Are you some kind of casual?

I didn't understand your question. Did you mean the difficulty level? :shrug:

I took another look at it today and it seems the .xml was the problem. I deleted it and the abilities folder and the game started working. I might've just misplaced it or saved it in the wrong format.

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008
I dunno if it ever really gets revealed but does anyone know exactly what sort of deal Sile' was trying to work out with Loredo?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

SpRahl posted:

I dunno if it ever really gets revealed but does anyone know exactly what sort of deal Sile' was trying to work out with Loredo?

She was there working with the Kaedweni spy (he was at the meeting too) negotiating the deal where Laredo switches allegiance to Kaedwen when Kaedwen invades the Pontar Valley.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
And ostensibly looking for a cure for Henselt's (presumably curse induced) impotence. Meanwhile both of those things were mainly just to cover the fact that she was trying to find Letho.

The game's plot has a lot of layers.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Layers upon layers. The pro-Kaedweni parts of her being there were also a part of the Lodge's plot to ingratiate Sile with Henselt so that he'd make her Kaedwen's royal sorceress after they'd have Dethmold killed.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Yeah, stuff like that is why it holds up so well on replays. There's always new stuff to connect and discover. I can only imagine what TW3 will be like in that regard.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

So, the Witcher Board Game. Do I now own it or do you only get to play it for the duration of the beta?

Also, since I didn't see it discussed here, papercraft figurines have been added for W3, just like W2. There is also a competion for the best photo of them. One of the figurines is of "Leshen the forest spirit", who I don't think have been shown in-game.

COOKIEMONSTER
Oct 31, 2006
As an affluent straight white male I know quite a bit second hand what it's like to be incredibly poor and oppressed.
Am I the only one disappointed by Dijkstra in the W3 game demo?

He's supposed to be a goofy looking motherfucker who dresses ridiculously; instead he's wearing pretty ordinary drab clothing. I was expecting, like, the love-child of Dandelion and Hodor.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Well he's kinda fallen far at this point hasn't he?

Little_Viking
Aug 23, 2007
Raiding Lindisfarne since 793AD.
Im playing through the witcher 2 for the first time, and Im worried I may have somehow built my character incorrectly (went almost all magic path stuff). Ive reached act 3, and got to the elemental fight, and I keep nearly almost instantly dying from it. It seems to catch you with a charge, it will simply loop charging you until you die. dodging the area of effect is no problem. It just seems that the fight I can wail heavy attack after heavy attack, and his health bar trickles down, while i get caught in one charge, Im almost guaranteed death. Any ideas? Im to the point of even taking suggestions for a mod that would make this fight skippable/etc, as it's simply frustrating at this point. :(

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

COOKIEMONSTER posted:

Am I the only one disappointed by Dijkstra in the W3 game demo?

He's supposed to be a goofy looking motherfucker who dresses ridiculously; instead he's wearing pretty ordinary drab clothing. I was expecting, like, the love-child of Dandelion and Hodor.

I dunno, I was reading the Blood of Elves recently, and the book's description of him being a bald-headed thuggish type whom nobody would assume to be a skilled spymaster fit pretty well with his depiction in that E3 demo. :shobon:

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Little_Viking posted:

Im playing through the witcher 2 for the first time, and Im worried I may have somehow built my character incorrectly (went almost all magic path stuff). Ive reached act 3, and got to the elemental fight, and I keep nearly almost instantly dying from it. It seems to catch you with a charge, it will simply loop charging you until you die. dodging the area of effect is no problem. It just seems that the fight I can wail heavy attack after heavy attack, and his health bar trickles down, while i get caught in one charge, Im almost guaranteed death. Any ideas? Im to the point of even taking suggestions for a mod that would make this fight skippable/etc, as it's simply frustrating at this point. :(

IIRC use the sign that makes him get stuck in place? Drop it in front of you and make him charge into it, then wail on him.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Eldragon posted:

IIRC use the sign that makes him get stuck in place? Drop it in front of you and make him charge into it, then wail on him.

Yrden! Trap it with the Yrden!

you come down and trap it

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Little_Viking posted:

The Mage tree is great for groups of enemies but the weakest in dealing with singular big enemies, but yeah, your best move is drop Yrdens until you get a successful stun, then hit him on the back. You can also keep yourself Quen'd if you like, in case he gets in a lucky punch. Potions and oil don't hurt, of course.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jul 22, 2014

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

I played a match of The Witcher Adventure game with a friend just now. It's unpolished but definitely playable, didn't run into any bugs afaik, and it's pretty great. The mechanics are easy enough to understand and it looks good. Don't know how different the heroes are from each other, they seem to rely on the same basic concepts for their unique skills so that may get repetitive. So far I'm liking it though.

Little_Viking
Aug 23, 2007
Yea, I tried the sign that traps him, but it seems that he has a punch move that breaks the stun, and has a large hitbox. Id try to stun him, and he'd knock me back, and can charge twice while Im in one fall animation, which generally kills me. Ive not had TOO much trouble until these last couple bosses (the draug was rough too, but at least aard kept him stunned).

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I don't think he breaks out of the stun. It just doesn't work 100% of the time. When it doesn't work, it stops him for a second but doesn't stun him. You just have to keep trying, use his momentary stop as time to place another Yrden. And don't be right next to him when the stun wears off.

The Draug is by far the easiest boss, I think. Yrden owns him and he's easier to stay away from than an elemental, especially since they give you a larger battlefield than they give you in elemental fights.

If you still can't manage it and are getting frustrated, there's always knife-spamming (if you spec'd it).

Lycus fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jul 22, 2014

Roshnak
Jul 22, 2007
He said he's in Act 3, so I don't think he's fighting the Draug. I think he's fighting the Elemental that's inside one of those gargoyle bunkers.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Roshnak posted:

He said he's in Act 3, so I don't think he's fighting the Draug. I think he's fighting the Elemental that's inside one of those gargoyle bunkers.
I know that. He mentioned the Draug fight in that post, so I said something about it too, including a comparison to fighting an elemental.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jul 23, 2014

Little_Viking
Aug 23, 2007
yea, im fighting where I JUST solved the puzzle, and Philipila Eilheart flies away, and summons an elemental. I tried tricking the game to let me potion and oil up just after the cutscene, but you take several hits during the animation of drinking potions, so if I choose to use them, ill have potion and oil buffs, but a tenth of my health. Im playing on easy too, which is making it beyond bizzare, as I destroyed Letho, the Kayran, etc. It's only been these last couple fights, and this one doesn't even feel like it's supposed to be a major boss like the Draug did!

COOKIEMONSTER
Oct 31, 2006
As an affluent straight white male I know quite a bit second hand what it's like to be incredibly poor and oppressed.

Cross-Section posted:

I dunno, I was reading the Blood of Elves recently, and the book's description of him being a bald-headed thuggish type whom nobody would assume to be a skilled spymaster fit pretty well with his depiction in that E3 demo. :shobon:

He's described as looking like a 7 foot tall shaved pig wearing the gaudiest most colorful clothing imaginable. And also that everyone knows he's a spymaster to the point where people just make jokes about it to his face. Although I guess if Phillipa tried to murder me I'd probably ditch the goofy clothing too.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Little_Viking posted:

yea, im fighting where I JUST solved the puzzle, and Philipila Eilheart flies away, and summons an elemental. I tried tricking the game to let me potion and oil up just after the cutscene, but you take several hits during the animation of drinking potions, so if I choose to use them, ill have potion and oil buffs, but a tenth of my health. Im playing on easy too, which is making it beyond bizzare, as I destroyed Letho, the Kayran, etc. It's only been these last couple fights, and this one doesn't even feel like it's supposed to be a major boss like the Draug did!

Can't you buff up before you try solving the puzzle? I don't remember the puzzle taking that long, and you should have enough time left to do a lot of damage on the elemental.

Worst case, trap it with the Yrden :v:

VVVV - this is TW2 though, there are probably 50 autosaves from the time he entered Philipila's house

monster on a stick fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jul 24, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

My guess is that he didn't save before doing the puzzle, and is loading an auto-save at the start of the fight.

But really, I fight these guys with Yrden, so that's the only advice I can offer. Though Yrden-centric fights suck without drinking Tawny Owl.

monster on a stick posted:

VVVV - this is TW2 though, there are probably 50 autosaves from the time he entered Philipila's house
That would be a good thing to check.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jul 24, 2014

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The saving in this game is out of hand and I hope that they have it fixed in W3. It is silly that your game will start to crash randomly and become unstable when you have too many.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I just want to be able to name my save games so I know which choices I made when I import them into TW3.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

cmykjester posted:

The saving in this game is out of hand and I hope that they have it fixed in W3. It is silly that your game will start to crash randomly and become unstable when you have too many.

A friend of mine got past chapter 1 but couldn't even proceed because the game kept crashing; CDP hasn't done a very good job of even telling people about the autosave issue. It should have been fixed, along with removing the "Penitent Monk." (He's the guy hanging out in the inn in Chapter 1 who says he has some valuable artifact that he'll give you if you beat him at dice poker; apparently this was some kind of GOG promotion years ago and beating him gave you a coupon. Now beating him gives you... stock dialogue from him saying that you didn't win the artifact.)

COOKIEMONSTER
Oct 31, 2006

The Sharmat posted:

I just want to be able to name my save games so I know which choices I made when I import them into TW3.

I just copy pasted the saves into a folder and then put a text document in explaining the major bullet points of what save it is with subfolders for other saves. Eg:

Witcher 2 - Insanity

Aryan Spared
Gave sword to Iorveth
Went with Iorveth
Loredo Alive/Elf Women saved
Henselt Alive
Stennis Spared
Cynthia Spared/hosed
Gathered all Wild Hunt Info
Saved Triss
Spared Sile
Spared Saskia/Dragon - Still bewitched though
Saved Iorveth/Found Phillipa's Dagger
Killed Letho

Which is really something I should have thought of sooner. My Mass Effect backed up saves folder is a nightmare. Not sure if that matters for ME4 or not though.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I can get all those decisions but saving Sile.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

My desire to kill/spare Sile depends on the path. I would never spare her on Iorveth's Path, but may on Roche's Path.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
It's just that moments beforehand she's gloating about how Geralt is going to be roasted to death.

• Locked thread