Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Isn't classic mode like normal EO?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Beef Waifu posted:

Yeah, but its like normal EO1. Updated and modernized EO1, but still EO1.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
So hey, if you're on the fence about whether or not you should buy "The Letter" here's a quick look at the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u39AmLJRw6Y

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
That looks like the stuff Lowtax LPs.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

What the gently caress did I just watch.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Mercury Crusader posted:

So hey, if you're on the fence about whether or not you should buy "The Letter" here's a quick look at the game:

I guess Nintendo is adopting Valve's policy of "just let literally anything on our storefront". :stare:

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

JordanKai posted:

I guess Nintendo is adopting Valve's policy of "just let literally anything on our storefront". :stare:

Finally, Nintendo has truly entered the 21st century. Gaming is art.

EDIT:

Thanks IndieGoGo supporters! Your $2 made this all possible!

Mercury Crusader fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jul 11, 2014

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Eh, the're charging two bucks. I'm not gonna buy it myself or anything, but let it ride.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Mercury Crusader posted:

I think I found what Kamoc needs to LP next.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

The music was good until the lovely midi metal.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Beef Waifu posted:

Compared to the original EO, Classic Mode has rebalanced classes, different (but varyingly similar) maps, new monsters, a much better UI, and better graphics and sound, as well as the option to use a remade orchestral soundtrack or the original synth soundtrack.

There's also Expert Difficulty, which was supposed to be hard enough to give fans of the series a challenge and I'd describe it as "Nail Your Balls to a Plank and Remove The Nails With a Clawhammer Difficulty" so there's that if you want to challenge yourself.

Anyone who's never played an EO game should start with 4, but shouldn't ignore Untold if they want more after finishing it.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Warning to european goons considering buying the Pokemon TCG game: the game is just in english, french and german (the cart was released in more languages in different countries).

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
Pokemon TCG for GBC was the best game based on a TCG I'd played when it came out, and it still is. Walking about in the gyms, collecting badges for a purpose, just tonnes better than others I've played.

Definitely picking this up from the VC and I suppose now I'll never need to dig out my GBC again.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

JordanKai posted:

They already got there during the 80s. Gotta keep the train runnin'.

Hell, they even let Pallurikio on WiiWare. That shitgame can't even be finished.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of July 10):

quote:

WII U eSHOP
    GAIABREAKER - €10.99 / £9.89
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland (GBA) - €6.99 / £56.29
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Mario Kart 8/Club Nintendo digital promotion - register MK8 on Club Nintendo before July 31, get a free digital game! (info)
    Pullblox World promotion (Wii U) - own Pullblox or Fallblox for 3DS, get 30% off Pullblox World for Wii U! Ends July 31.]
    NES Remix (Wii U eShop) - €6.99 / £6.29 for people who own NES Remix 2, ends July 24
    NES Remix 2 (Wii U eShop) - €6.99 / £6.29 for people who own NES Remix, ends July 24
    Earthbound (Wii U VC) - €5.99 / £4.19 from July 17-July 24
    Little Inferno (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.59 from July 17-July 24

3DS eSHOP
    Pick-A-Gem - €2.99 / £2.69
    Cubit the Hardcore Platformer Robot (demo)
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Football Up! 3D (3DS eShop) - €1.74 / £1.49 until July 17
    Aqua Moto Racing 3D (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until July 17
    Inazuma Eleven (3DS eShop) - €9.99 until July 17
    Doodle Jump Adventures (3DS) - €12.99 / £29.99 until July 17
    Tappingo (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.69 until July 17
    Steel Diver: Sub Wars (3DS eShop) - premium version €4.99 / £4.99 from July 17-24
    Jett Rockett 2: Wrath of Taikai (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.25 until July 24
    Secrets of the Titanic (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.99 from July 17-24
    Cubit the Hardcore Platformer Robot (3DS eShop) - €2.00 / £1.80 from July 17-24
    Steamworld Dig (3DS eShop) - €4.49 / £3.99 from July 17-31
    escapeVektor (3DS eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 from July 17-31

Not much in the way of new releases, but there are some decent upcoming sales... Steamworld Dig, Steel Diver Sub Wars and EARTHBOUND.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Mercury Crusader posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

PAL update (week of July 10):

Not much in the way of new releases, but there are some decent upcoming sales... Steamworld Dig, Steel Diver Sub Wars and EARTHBOUND.

Why isn't Earthbound available on the 3DS? I'd buy it but honestly if it's not portable there doesn't seem to be much point.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Wii U is an honourary Game Boy.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Why isn't Earthbound available on the 3DS? I'd buy it but honestly if it's not portable there doesn't seem to be much point.

It's a Super NES game, which thus far haven't been offered on 3DS although they really should be.

At least in North America, it's also the lone SNES Virtual Console game that isn't available on an original Wii.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Oh gosh, oh gosh, here's hoping the Earthbound sale is extended to North America!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The PR said it was to celebrate the one-year anniversary of the VC release, so you'd think it'd come to NA, too, but who knows.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Wildtortilla posted:

Oh gosh, oh gosh, here's hoping the Earthbound sale is extended to North America!

Do you always get this excited about a $2 discount?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
$4 discount! Earthbound got hit with the JRPG Tax. standard price is $10.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

less laughter posted:

Do you always get this excited about a $2 discount?
I don't have the game yet. Any discount would make me happily purchase it.

Sorry about getting excited, I'll calm down now, thanks for keeping me in check.

Do you always ask questions like that in threads that thrive on videogame sales?

Wildtortilla fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jul 14, 2014

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Woah, no one is excited about Nightmare in Dreamland? Come on, that game was cool.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Woah, no one is excited about Nightmare in Dreamland? Come on, that game was cool.

It's the first Kirby game and it has some historic value, but ultimately it's a really short and easy Kirby game where he can't even steal powers from enemies. That little trick wasn't introduced until the sequel.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Sarchasm posted:

It's the first Kirby game and it has some historic value, but ultimately it's a really short and easy Kirby game where he can't even steal powers from enemies. That little trick wasn't introduced until the sequel.

Uh, you're thinking about Kirby's Dream Land, which was on the original Game Boy and has been on the 3DS VC for a long while now.

Nightmare in Dreamland is the GBA update of Kirby's Adventure.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Mercury Crusader posted:

Uh, you're thinking about Kirby's Dream Land, which was on the original Game Boy and has been on the 3DS VC for a long while now.

Nightmare in Dreamland is the GBA update of Kirby's Adventure.

Huh, just ignore me then!

I actually don't think I ever played Nightmare in Dreamland, how is it different from Kirby's Adventure?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Sarchasm posted:

Huh, just ignore me then!

I actually don't think I ever played Nightmare in Dreamland, how is it different from Kirby's Adventure?

It added multiplayer support for up to 4 players, changed the mini-games from the NES version, changed how some powers functioned (some behave similarly to powers from Kirby Superstar like the Wheel power being able to drive over water), and there's a post-game mode where you can play through the game as Meta-Knight.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nightmare in Dreamland is the game that made me fall in love with Kirby as a kid.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Beef Waifu posted:

Nightmare in Dreamland is the game that made me fall in love with Kirby as a kid.

Well I feel old, because I felt the same way about Kirby's Adventure back in the NES days.

Basically, Kirby rules.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland (GBA) - €6.99 / £56.29
Wow the UK is really getting screwed on the conversion rate with this one.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Wow the UK is really getting screwed on the conversion rate with this one.

Still better than the EU conversion for Inazuma Eleven being €89,99 during the sale.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
When do NOA updates go out? I'm excited to see if Earthbound gets a similar deal on this side of the ocean.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Wildtortilla posted:

When do NOA updates go out? I'm excited to see if Earthbound gets a similar deal on this side of the ocean.

Literally the day when they update the eShop.

i.e. Thursday at probably 9 AM give or take.

NOA's not very good at this whole keeping people posted thing.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Literally the day when they update the eShop.

i.e. Thursday at probably 9 AM give or take.

NOA's not very good at this whole keeping people posted thing.

I dunno why both NoA and Sony of America think we rather be surprised on what sales we are getting. I rather know in advance instead of being surprised a few hours before their stores update.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yumi's Odd Odyssey has received a price drop to $20 in NA, may or may not be permanent. Anyone wanna check for me?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Yumi's Odd Odyssey has received a price drop to $20 in NA, may or may not be permanent. Anyone wanna check for me?
Looks that way.
"Now $19.99 (was $29.99)" no date

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Sweet, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
-wrong thread-

Lucinice fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jul 16, 2014