Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

Some new Function X figures teased by Fansproject. Left to right: Hardhead, Apeface, Highbrow.

I highly recommend picking up one of the Function X guys if you have the opportunity. They're probably the best things going in third party figures right now.

Well Hasbro is already going to release a Hardhead, it's been confirmed in that leaked list from last October. Highbrow is not only possible but they released the HFTD Highbrow repaint in the Generations GDO line.

Apeface I'd love since Hasbro seems to be ignoring the Monsterbots and is probably the safest bet. Seriously the Prime Predacons/Terrorcons have been the most attention they've gotten in awhile and most of those molds were pretty weak(legion Abominus who wasn't even colored like the OG Abominus).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Did their Mindwipe came out yet?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
So, Age of Extinction then. Thematically interesting and some intriguing new characters but gently caress me, it's such a tedious chore to watch. Even in IMAX it felt like being thrown into a washing machine on full spin with a bunch of nuts, bolts and ammo casings for nearly 3 hours (though I swear it was actually nearer to 3 weeks - jinkies did it drag in places).

Still, if we accept SMG's belief that nothing is ever put on screen without thought, consideration or meaning then I will say I dug the Ultra Magnus cameo/homage. And I liked how the very first thing Galavtron says upon gaining full control of himself was to urge his brothers to rise up and break their chains. It fit with Prime calling him soulless - the godless Commie bastard boogeyman that haunts American dreams, even now.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The MSJ posted:

Nope :(

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

The MSJ posted:

There is a very high likelyhood that it will be available at TFCon, if the last three years of how FP has used TFCon for releases have been any indication.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Spiderdrake posted:

I'm kinda hoping to find one at a reasonable price at TFCon. Been thinking about mistake last year, not picking up Code when he is less than buying a decent looking G1 version. What is the best one of the lot, not-Weirdwolf?

I am looking to sell my Fansproject Code for like $80 shipped in the US if you (or anyone else) is interested.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Speaking of Fansproject

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
A: HOLY poo poo

B: DERPAN :downs:

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Keldroc posted:

A bunch of this is hearsay, so maybe someone can correct me if they know better

No one really knows because it was an undisclosed out of court settlement. It's a pretty safe bet that hasbro caved on some things, and the two agreed that a Jetfire with ____ qualities would not cause another lawsuit, though. Though the TF fandom has managed over the last year to turn it into "Hasbro kicked their rear end and the case was laughed out of court."

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Question: Is there an image of Generations Brainstorm's Headmaster in... head mode?

I remember Hasbro being real iffy on Headmasters because they didn't want kids to end up with headless toys. In RID recently they referred to a character as a Headmaster, and another robot folded off of his head like a helmet. I'm wondering if that's what Brainstorm's gonna be like.

The photos look like the Headmaster just folds over and his face is on the back of the upper body, but it makes me wonder if there's a secondary head somewhere.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Other posted:

Speaking of Fansproject

Yowza that looks great. I wonder how these guys would look next to MP Grimlock?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

TheDK posted:

Very small since they are CHUG sized at about 7.5 inches.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

TheDK posted:

MP Grimlock is about 230mm tall, these are 190? They're like small masterpiece or tall voyager sized.

strangehamster fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 10, 2014

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Keldroc posted:

Some new Function X figures teased by Fansproject. Left to right: Hardhead, Apeface, Highbrow.

B..b..but I want Snapdragon!

Those FP dinobots look pretty rad, since I'm not particularly looking for MP-sized dinos.

e: not at 140 dollars, however.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 10, 2014

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Breaking News: Fansproject Announces Everything in the Goddam Universe; Trickles Releases Out Like an Old Man Trying to Pee

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Eh, $140 is pretty steep. My Scoria only cost about $30 more than that. Of course I'll have to miss out on Derpan ...

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I guess lucky for you, it's much closer to $100 than $140.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I saw Fansproject's Mindwipe (Sigma L) at BBTS and my hands moved to the "preorder now" button by themselves. It was actually quite impressive.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Ka0 posted:

I saw Fansproject's Mindwipe (Sigma L) at BBTS and my hands moved to the "preorder now" button by themselves. It was actually quite impressive.

My hands made a brief hiccuping motion when I re-saw that horrible excuse for a beast mode but yeah I definitely preordered at light speed.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Other posted:

Speaking of Fansproject

Sludge was my first Dinobot. I must obtain this. For reasons.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
looks like it's going to be Sludge/Colombo & Derpan, Slag, Swoop, Grimlock, then one I have no idea about and then Snarl.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

SpikeMcclane posted:

Yeah I just saw that. But then they put Mindwipe up at the same time and that completely distracted me from FP Dinobots.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Anora posted:

looks like it's going to be Sludge/Colombo & Derpan, Slag, Swoop, Grimlock, then one I have no idea about and then Snarl.

Possibly Paddles?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Why cookie Rocket posted:

My hands made a brief hiccuping motion when I re-saw that horrible excuse for a beast mode but yeah I definitely preordered at light speed.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=32576376&cp=2273442.2255958.2255958&parentPage=search

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

SpikeMcclane posted:

Yup, once again I was mislead by someone over at tfw2005 talking out of his rear end and stating it as fact.

That FP Mindwipe looks rather nifty too, good to see they're finally releasing him.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nice! I added a Lego blind bag to get over the $50 free shipping.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I've ordered that Leader Jetfire twice this morning and TRU has cancelled it twice. gently caress them.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Get thee behind me satan, I am poor until August, auuugh!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

therealjon_ posted:

Possibly Paddles?

Paddles would be excellent.

EDIT: Jetfire isn't a Toysers exclusive I hope?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jul 10, 2014

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

therealjon_ posted:

Possibly Paddles?

I assumed that weapon he's holding was a two-headed mace, but it very well could be a two-headed oar. I'm tempted to make these my Classics shelf Dinobots purely out of respect for the fact that they started with Sludge.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?

Keldroc posted:

I assumed that weapon he's holding was a two-headed mace, but it very well could be a two-headed oar. I'm tempted to make these my Classics shelf Dinobots purely out of respect for the fact that they started with Sludge.

But do they have universe or classics anywhere on the packaging or instructions?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Why is that Jetfire $47?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rhyno posted:

Why is that Jetfire $47?

Toys "R" Expensive?

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Why is that Jetfire $47?

leader class + tru tax.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

How much is a leader class normally in the US, again?

Everyone's getting in the paddles craze:

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jul 10, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

strangehamster posted:

Toys "R" Expensive?

vkeios posted:

leader class + tru tax.

Ah poo poo, I thought he was the same scale as Rhinox, Springer and Whirl.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Blackheart posted:

How much is a leader class normally in the US, again?

Hasbro's suggested price is $44.99

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

SpikeMcclane posted:

But do they have universe or classics anywhere on the packaging or instructions?

FOILED! :argh:

CyRaptor
Aug 27, 2004

Fuck Sandy Petersen, again.
I bet that sixth Fansproject Dinobot is an Ankylosaurus. That way they can do a set of Dinoforce redecos that combine! Or not, but whatever it is, I'm all for more Dinobots.

Planet X Caelus (not-Swoop) was pretty good, but I think these guys will be replacing him and FOC Grimlock on my Classics shelf. Now if only someone would make a decent replacement for the godawful FOC Shockwave, I'd be all set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Sorry to interrupt all the 3rd party talk for a bit, but you should seriously consider getting PRID "Slicer", I think he's on clearance at bbts