Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That was pretty awesome and yeah they had some slides I didn't catch after the first time because I turned my phone off. Hope someone grabbed them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Deadpool posted:

That was pretty awesome and yeah they had some slides I didn't catch after the first time because I turned my phone off. Hope someone grabbed them all.
Yeah I grabbed all of them that I saw until they started repeating themselves. I'll upload them when I get home later.

That was loving hilarious. It was my first time seeing Sharknado as well, and that was an Asylum movie alright, but at least I was entertained throughout the whole thing. The Spring Fever short had me laughing my rear end off too. "Spread my dark gospel throughout the land!"

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jul 11, 2014

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Wonder if there'll be a VOD release.

With my luck, probably not.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It was cool to see Mike, Kevin, and Bill get another shot at Spring Fever too. That was on one of the last MST3K episode.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Wonder if there'll be a VOD release.

With my luck, probably not.

There will not be a VOD release of Sharknado.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

That was great, almost spit my drink out at the springs short and once on a Tasmania joke.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Are all of the Asylum movies that loving bad? Great riffing, but goddamn!

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Deadpool posted:

Why must you poo poo on my dreams?:(

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Well, my theatre hosed up and for some reason showed this thing live instead of on a 7pm tape delay like Rifftrax advertised and what my ticket said. I only got to see the final 45 minutes which sucks because the guys were on fire with some of the riffs ("Watch out gin, Tara's home!" was amazing). At least I got a free movie ticket afterwards and, lesson learned, showing up an hour early for Godzilla just in case.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mister Kingdom posted:

Are all of the Asylum movies that loving bad? Great riffing, but goddamn!
Actually, most of them are far worse! :v:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Actually, most of them are far worse! :v:

This was Birdemic level bad.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Deadpool posted:

How about the usual riffing MP3?

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
Really enjoyed this. I was sweating I was laughing so hard at her story about why she doesn't like sharks. I was also the only laughing at the mansplaining joke. :(

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

FuSchnick posted:

I'm taking my whole family to see it tonight. I'm a good dad.

My daughter's first Riff tonight and she loved it. Oh my god what a bad movie though.

"What are you doing in Hollywood?" What Ian Ziering hears all the time.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I think this might be the best one they've done so far. Much like Sharknado itself, they really kicked it up into a new level in the last twenty minutes.

e: And the Springs short was awesome. That's like seeing your favorite band bust out some deep cuts live.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

That was loving hilarious. It was my first time seeing Sharknado as well, and that was an Asylum movie alright, but at least I was entertained throughout the whole thing. The screw short had me laughing my rear end off too. "Spread my dark gospel throughout the land!"

Yeah, it really was an Asylum movie. The riff itself was awesome, but I was going :psyduck: throughout the movie. I kept trying to figure out what the hell was going on. Why was the weather different on random shots? Was it a goof? Intentional? Why could they not cut out any of the many many driving scenes? Did it really need to be two hours long? What the gently caress is everyone looking at?

I did love that at Tara Reid's house, all of the pictures were stock photos of her. And that the news ticker was only repeating events that just happened (I think one of them was "Four persons missing". Yeah, the hundreds of dead people are not important, but those four people! :v:), as a way for the viewer to keep track of whats going on. But the editing and story just made my mind explode.

It was still a good riff, and I'm glad I went, but gently caress The Asylum. I rather have a lovely movie made from the heart like Birdemic, rather then whatever The Asylum does.

EDIT: Oh yeah, seeing A Case of Spring Fever again was also mind-blowing, in the best way possible. :D

Drastic Actions fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jul 11, 2014

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
Hope someone grabbed all the pre-movie slides. My theater didn't show any of them. Just suddenly started the movie. They didn't even dim the lights until halfway into a Case of Spring Fever.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That was my first time watching Sharknado, what a deeply weird movie. Like Ian Ziering is some kind of ex-professional surfer, who owns a bar on the Santa Monica Pier but also is some kind of crazy survivalist?

Also strange was how waitress girl spends the entire movie mooning after Ian Ziering and then at the last second hooks up with his son. Because Ian Ziering had to get back together with Tara Reid, despite the fact that the two characters had a handful of lines together in the entire movie.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

tomapot posted:

My daughter's first Riff tonight and she loved it. Oh my god what a bad movie though.

"What are you doing in Hollywood?" What Ian Ziering hears all the time.

Your pictures are a million times better than mine. I might as well not even bother posting them if you got them all.

jedibeavis
Mar 23, 2004

Bag 'em & tag 'em, Sarah!

Excuse me, Agent Walker.
I was amazed at the attendance tonight at my theater. Plan 9 there was like 8 people, tonight probably a hundred or so. The freebie page has 3 of pretty much the same clip with different lines from Shark Attack 3, I'm guessing that'll be a VOD soon?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I got to see it with someone who's never been to a live Rifftrax show, so that was pretty awesome. And Case of Spring Fever was a nice surprise. "I'm the one true God!"

I'd already seen Sharknado, so I was a little worried about how they'd do with an sort-of-intentionally-bad movie. But I shouldn't have worried, because the Rifftrax writing team is second to none.

Drastic Actions posted:

It was still a good riff, and I'm glad I went, but gently caress The Asylum. I rather have a lovely movie made from the heart like Birdemic, rather then whatever The Asylum does.
Yeah, for the most part Asylum movies are just bad-bad instead of so-bad-it's-good. Normally their shtick is making moving that are close to major releases (like Transmorphers or Atlantic Rim), apparently so they can get sales or digital rentals from people who aren't paying close enough attention.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Drastic Actions posted:

Yeah, it really was an Asylum movie. The riff itself was awesome, but I was going :psyduck: throughout the movie. I kept trying to figure out what the hell was going on. Why was the weather different on random shots? Was it a goof? Intentional? Why could they not cut out any of the many many driving scenes? Did it really need to be two hours long? What the gently caress is everyone looking at?

At least Manos was bad for a very good reason - nobody knew what the gently caress they were doing. I've yet to see a purposely bad film not suck at being bad.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
It was me. I was the person annoyed about them glossing over Mark Hamill's voice work as the Joker.

Pity me, for I cannot move away from myself. :smithicide:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Oh my goodness. First time seeing Sharknado, and the movie nearly broke me. The entire climax was the most baffling thing put on film. Like it's not the worst movie ever, but it is the most incompetent. Even Birdemic was better edited and composed.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Deadpool posted:

Your pictures are a million times better than mine. I might as well not even bother posting them if you got them all.

Sorry, only grabbed a few and those were the most readable.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Birdemic was also more scientifically plausible than "throwing 1 liter propane tanks into a tornado somehow stopping it."

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I dunno, I feel like Sharknado is incompetent and baffling but still enjoyable for the first and third act. Anything with Mr. McAllister, the home rescue scene and the last 15 minutes all make up for how dull the filler is. I absolutely cannot watch Birdemic without the Riffs but Sharknado is doable on occassion.

However, it blows my mind that I think the only people who were in on the joke that Sharknado was is Ian Ziering and Tasmanian Joe. Everyone else plays the movie extremely straight.

muscles like this? posted:

Birdemic was also more scientifically plausible than "throwing 1 liter propane tanks into a tornado somehow stopping it."

Sorry you didn't get hard science out of your weather induced shark attack film, buddy.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I liked these two slides a lot.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

weekly font posted:

I dunno, I feel like Sharknado is incompetent and baffling but still enjoyable for the first and third act. Anything with Mr. McAllister, the home rescue scene and the last 15 minutes all make up for how dull the filler is. I absolutely cannot watch Birdemic without the Riffs but Sharknado is doable on occassion.

However, it blows my mind that I think the only people who were in on the joke that Sharknado was is Ian Ziering and Tasmanian Joe. Everyone else plays the movie extremely straight.

Sorry you didn't get hard science out of your weather induced shark attack film, buddy.

I never said it was unwatchable. Well maybe somewhere in the middle with some of the disorienting edits, but otherwise you can watch and enjoy this without Rifftrax.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Liar Lyre posted:

I never said it was unwatchable. Well maybe somewhere in the middle with some of the disorienting edits, but otherwise you can watch and enjoy this without Rifftrax.

Nah, not aimed at you just the general negativity of the thread. Also I counted three Jaws references in the film itself which is about the saddest thing. Don't remind me I could be watching a GOOD movie, bad movie.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

weekly font posted:

Nah, not aimed at you just the general negativity of the thread. Also I counted three Jaws references in the film itself which is about the saddest thing. Don't remind me I could be watching a GOOD movie, bad movie.

It's like when Fingal scrolled up those famous old Cinemas in Overdrawn at the Memory Bank. Dammit Fingal stop reminding us of good films!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The movie was losing me until the son entered the picture. His terrible acting mixed with even worse dialogue made Sharknado into something special.

"He's going to put so many shrimps on so many barbies," got the biggest laugh of all the riffs. The only bigger laugh was the son saying, "Now I hate sharks too!"

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The line about Tara in the Liquor store got the biggest laugh in my theater I think. But yeah, the character of the son was so bad he was almost a fourth riffer.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Yeah the Tara Reid jokes were brutal and got a lot of laughs here. I think all the batshit craziness of the film got as many laughs as the great riffs especially the literal redshirt's hilarious overkill.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler
The whole bar tender who was hot for Ian then fell for his son later thing was creepy.

weekly font posted:

Yeah the Tara Reid jokes were brutal and got a lot of laughs here. I think all the batshit craziness of the film got as many laughs as the great riffs especially the literal redshirt's hilarious overkill.

Forgot about her first scene when she was on the stairs and there was a photo of her on the wall behind her. They didn't mention it but a few of us in the theater cracked up about that. Was just weird.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Awesome show, up there with the best live stuff they've done! They really got on a roll with those Tasmanian jokes.

Also, having watched the Reefer Madness live show on Hulu not too long ago, since they did that one before I started going to the live shows, I liked the little nod to "More Dangerous than Dynamite" when they're lighting the pool on fire :D

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Deadpool posted:

The line about Tara in the Liquor store got the biggest laugh in my theater I think. But yeah, the character of the son was so bad he was almost a fourth riffer.
Yeah, same here. Well, that and the "The sharks are having a Mardi Gras parade!" line got a massive laugh at our theater because it was in New Orleans.

weekly font posted:

Anything with Mr. McAllister
I felt so bad for that dude once they made the Home Alone joke and I realized who he was. He looks like he's aged horribly :smith:

Here's all my pre-show slide pictures. I think I missed a few of them but I got 38, so I think that's most of them. Last time I posted pre-show slides from a RiffTrax Live event, I don't think I resized them so the file size crippled the page. This time I made them all pretty small so hopefully it doesn't slow down the page too much.

A lot of these got laughs out of me but I think the ones I laughed hardest at were Lego Requiem For A Dream, the Quantum Of Solace one, the True Detective one and Dermot Mulroney.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The Tara Reid liqour store joke got the biggest laugh of the night.

Man, Sharknado was an aggressively, deliberately stupid movie. And yet, it was still legitimately better than Birdemic.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Without a VOD, I'll never get to see it. Hope one is available someday.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

They're doing another show on the 15th, aren't they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BloodDesk UnderHell
Sep 24, 2007

Wow! He licks good boot!
So, did the captain and business man have anything to do with the plot, or could the movie just have started on the beach?

• Locked thread