Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

It's a shame that RX is apparently so bad, because I love its theme song.

It's pretty awesome, yeah.

Also a friendly reminder that RX was used to make the even worse Masked Rider Saban series.

Runa fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jul 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Some Numbers posted:

It's a shame that RX is apparently so bad, because I love its theme song.

First- RX's theme song is loving fantastic. It's a brilliant theme, no question.

Second- Keep in mind, when I say RX is bad, I mean...

OK there's no two ways around it. It's a bad sequel. It barely has anything to do with Black, and the few times it does have something to do with it, it shits all over everything Black stood for and meant.

It also treats the original Riders like poo poo, as they do absolutely nothing but take up time and space.

But-if you like metal hero shows, and you like less serious more light hearted MOTW fair that has interesting looking monsters, you could do worse. It's got good action for the most part, great music, OK monsters.

It never reaches the highs of Black in my opinion, but it never truly tries.

So if you're OK with that, go for it. Never let me be a reason you don't try something that interests you.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

I raise.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Black RX related videos??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF6z0OGNrMA

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.
If anyone can find the post where I wanted to sell my rider and sentai stuff, I'll sell any belt for 15 plus shipping. I just want to get rid of this stuff

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Twistys Rapture posted:

If anyone can find the post where I wanted to sell my rider and sentai stuff, I'll sell any belt for 15 plus shipping. I just want to get rid of this stuff

Twistys Rapture posted:

Alright guys, here's all the stuff I don't care about anymore

Goseiger changer thing with belt and a LOT of dice o cards noticeable include holo super shinken red, holo Fieri ultimate, Holo shinken yellow, holo magidragon (gokaiger)

K-touch with both cards

Timeranger badge thing

Lost Galaxy brace, missing battery back

Rocket Dagger, paint chipped

SPD morpher

Chinese Gao Phone

Gobusters brace

Fang joker mask

Cyclone joker mask

W belt, cyclone, joker, luna(battery drained), heat, metal,.trigger, fang memory dino thing

Metal rod thing, trigger magnum

Ooo driver, all combos, Kiva (emperor?) Ryukix Kabuto, faiz, blade, den-o
Extra taka, cheetah, batta, tako, kuwata, unagi tora, torikera

Mobilates, all gashapon but akared

Shurikenger, magishine, yellow buster, gokai red, spade ace, time red, gokai silver, oh red, geki red, dynaman red guy, ninja red, denji red, akaranger, red falcon, change dragon, sun eagle, go on red

Den-o belt

A few ganbaride cards - Kabuto rider form, W cyclone trigger, decade, zeronos zero form, den O rod form, ooo tatoba combo, dark Kabuto rider form

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Twistys Rapture posted:

I've PM'd you about a couple things.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eak26ohx1Y8

No joke, this would get me to watch Doctor Who again...

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Hey GUIS just released another kakuranger you should check it out and remember how awesome this series is

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Man I was worried they'd leave this thing unfinished.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
Up to episode 12 of OOOs, and I really like the atmosphere in the start of this two-parter. Uva interacting with the yummy target has a really great "deal with the devil" feeling to it as he appears and disappears while asking what he needs. It creates a much more sinister atmosphere than the Greed just creating the yummy and then kicking up their feet to wait.

Also, I cannot say enough good things about Chairman Kougami; every second that he's on screen is a joy. I feel like it's a character that could have been really annoying, but the intensity the actor brings to it is amazing and totally sells it. OMEDETOU!

Zero_Tactility fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jul 11, 2014

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Zero_Tactility posted:

Also, I cannot say enough good things about Chairman Kougami; every second that he's on screen is a joy. I feel like it's a character that could have been really annoying, but the intensity the actor brings to it is amazing and totally sells it. OMEDETOU!

At one part, Kougami actually quacks.

For any other character in existence, this would be stupid.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Cake Boss is the best boss.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

3rd quarter trains scans

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

They actually did it. They managed to out clusterfuck G-12. :stare:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

How the gently caress does that even move what does it even do

I love ToQger but I can't make heads or tails of that

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It still moves on rails so it instantly has more mobility than whatever the gently caress the Samurai thing was.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Tae posted:

It still moves on rails so it instantly has more mobility than whatever the gently caress the Samurai thing was.

It needs like, five rails just for the feet to fit!

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

That is amazingly stupid, assuming Build Ressha also fits somewhere it's perfect

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
It's like they decided to do Gokai Silver's Gold Mode chest thing but with a robot.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

ToQger, stop. Just stop.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

The man called M posted:

They actually did it. They managed to out clusterfuck G-12. :stare:

We're not even a quarter into the series yet.

You know they're going to do more.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
The best part is unlike G12 or Samurai Ha-Oh they have the excuse that everything is powered by imagination and I hope someone says "Right this is really stupid" since he's definitely going to be the one to come up with it.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Twelve by Pies posted:

The best part is unlike G12 or Samurai Ha-Oh they have the excuse that everything is powered by imagination and I hope someone says "Right this is really stupid" since he's definitely going to be the one to come up with it.
It's also not very imaginative, to be completely honest.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

TerminusEst13 posted:

We're not even a quarter into the series yet.

You know they're going to do more.

Those are final quarter toy catalogs though...

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Zedd posted:

That is amazingly stupid, assuming Build Ressha also fits somewhere it's perfect

Left hand

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Having a hard time deciding on which had worse green screen, Kyoryuger 100 years after or VS Go-Busters

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Hey guys, Over-Time got me a birthday gift! Its subs for Kyoryuger 100 Years After. Go watch it. Uppy is the best.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
"We heard your cries from that hole in space!"

God, I missed you, Kyoryuger.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

"We heard your cries from that hole in space!"

God, I missed you, Kyoryuger.

What a literal tonedeaf translation

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Kakuranger 49 is out

Editing on the remaining four episodes is done, so all that's left is my passes.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

FortMax posted:

Kakuranger 49 is out

Editing on the remaining four episodes is done, so all that's left is my passes.

Thanks man, you're doing god's own work.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Man, if 100 Years After is to be believed, 2114's Sentai will be sweet. I can't wait.

Seriously, that was a great special. I feared what would happen with all the colour switching and stuff but it was definitely up to Kyoryuger's level of awesome.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

FortMax posted:

Kakuranger 49 is out

Thank you so much

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Did everyone get the Gokaiger reference in the Gaim Hyper Battle DVD

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Carranger 32

LEEEEADEEEEER!

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
So I have missed few seasons of sentai after I finished Shinkenger. I skipped Goseiger because I can't stand how Arata looks, Gokaiger because :shrug:, and Go-Busters because by then my interest in toku is waning. Don't know why. So now I am watching both Kyoryuger and ToQger side by side and enjoying it so far (aside from ToQger's theme of imagination, which disturbs me greatly). Up to episode 6 and 4 respectively. I have a few questions.

On ToQger: Is Ticket going to get better anytime soon? Or do I just have to struggle through him? He is annoying. Also, is the colour-swapping thing going to get much more creative? So far as a gimmick it seemed lackluster.

On Kyoryuger: The sixth ranger is not Japanese, is he? Also much older than the rest of the cast? His acting is...off.

When Torin calls Nobu 'Nossan' for the first time, I thought "oh my god, Torin is Nobu's sister! :aaa:" because I can't watch. Are there female 'supervisors' in Super Sentai? Who's the best? I know there isn't one in Power Rangers, but they're not strict adaptations.

EDIT: poo poo, I have just forgotten Wild Force. And Turbo. And RPM. I don't know my Power Rangers.

toanoradian fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jul 13, 2014

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

toanoradian posted:

So I have missed few seasons of sentai after I finished Shinkenger. I skipped Goseiger because I can't stand how Arata looks, Gokaiger because I don't know, and Go-Busters because by then my interest in toku is waning. Don't know why. So now I am watching both Kyoryuger and ToQger side by side and enjoying it so far (aside from ToQger's theme of imagination, which disturbs me greatly). Up to episode 6 and 4 respectively. I have a few questions.

On ToQger: Is Ticket going to get better anytime soon? Or do I just have to struggle through him? He is annoying. Also, is the colour-swapping thing going to get much more creative? So far as a gimmick it seemed lackluster.

On Kyoryuger: The sixth ranger is not Japanese, is he? Also much older than the rest of the cast? His acting is...off.

When Torin calls Nobu 'Nossan' for the first time, I thought "oh my god, Torin is Nobu's sister! :aaa:" because I can't watch. Are there female 'supervisors' in Super Sentai? Are they any good? I know there isn't one in Power Rangers, but they're not strict adaptations.

In order:
-I don't know why you want the best character in the series (until Zed appeared, anyways) to get better, but no, he keeps being just as awesome forever more, and I'm really glad for it. The colour-swapping has some creative moments, but overall it's a pretty bland gimmick.
-Indeed, both Ramirez and his actor are not Japanese. That said, he's not the sixth, haven't you seen his Battery's number? He's the seventh Kyoryuger. His acting might seem off because he's trying really hard to not sound Japanese despite talking perfect Japanese, which the actor himself admitted is really hard.

I'm not too sure what you mean by female 'supervisors', but if you mean stuff like Torin or Zordon, I can think of two, the one from Jetman (whose name I cannot remember), and (spoilers for one of the series you're watching) Candelira in Kyoryuger 100 Years After.
EDIT: And yeah, both Gaoranger and Wild Force.

Also, I seriously recommend Gokaiger and Go-Busters. They're both really good series and well worth the watch.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'm gonna just plug another project I'm on real quick...if anyone here is going to be attending Motaku (anime convention this august in the Kansas City area), I'll be putting on a Sentai/Power Rangers panel that Saturday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

toanoradian posted:

So I have missed few seasons of sentai after I finished Shinkenger. I skipped Goseiger because I can't stand how Arata looks, Gokaiger because :shrug:, and Go-Busters because by then my interest in toku is waning. Don't know why. So now I am watching both Kyoryuger and ToQger side by side and enjoying it so far (aside from ToQger's theme of imagination, which disturbs me greatly). Up to episode 6 and 4 respectively. I have a few questions.

When Torin calls Nobu 'Nossan' for the first time, I thought "oh my god, Torin is Nobu's sister! :aaa:" because I can't watch. Are there female 'supervisors' in Super Sentai? Who's the best? I know there isn't one in Power Rangers, but they're not strict adaptations.

EDIT: poo poo, I have just forgotten Wild Force. And Turbo. And RPM. I don't know my Power Rangers.

Ticket doesn't change but its not like ever hijacks episodes or takes up huge chunks of screen-time. I don't know why you would complain about him compared to, say, any other part of the show. Color swapping starts bad and stays bad consistently throughout. There's one or two times where it makes sense and the rest are all just selling a gimmick.

As for female mentors, there's the major in Jetman, Navi in Gokaiger (well, I think its female, anyway, I guess it could also be a little boy,) and Dr. K in PR RPM. Might be more Power Rangers ones but I don't watch it so who knows. Well, way back in the day they replaced Zordon with a girl for a little bit once.

• Locked thread