Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Yeah, short chapter but loving :black101: as hell. Both Shioon and Kwon just being total badasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Whoa, I knew I'd seen that combo before! It's a shot-for-shot recreation of Goomoonryong's kick from the first chapter of The Breaker!

The Breaker:

New Waves:

ZerodotJander
Dec 29, 2004

Chinaman, explain!
That is loving awesome.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Coughing Hobo posted:

Whoa, I knew I'd seen that combo before! It's a shot-for-shot recreation of Goomoonryong's kick from the first chapter of The Breaker!

The Breaker:

New Waves:

Woah, nice catch dude.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Man, things sure do suck for the sunwoo clan. Their new leader has changed from a figurehead into someone they are proud to follow, but he is only a temporary replacement for the real thing. What's-her-face was thoroughly unimpressive as anything but a medical curiosity, and she is likely willingly in league with the assholes who made Goomoonryong into a puppet.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Serious Frolicking posted:

Man, things sure do suck for the sunwoo clan. Their new leader has changed from a figurehead into someone they are proud to follow, but he is only a temporary replacement for the real thing. What's-her-face was thoroughly unimpressive as anything but a medical curiosity, and she is likely willingly in league with the assholes who made Goomoonryong into a puppet.
If you think for a second she won't eventually have something happen where she can fire on all cylinders and becomes goku, I dunno what to say.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Fabricated posted:

If you think for a second she won't eventually have something happen where she can fire on all cylinders and becomes goku, I dunno what to say.

We already saw her grab a guy's hand and set him on fire via her energy, so yeah.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

KittyEmpress posted:

We already saw her grab a guy's hand and set him on fire via her energy, so yeah.

She loves Shioon (along with every other female character) so she will very quickly be brought back to the good side if that scene is even acknowledged. I almost think the author didn't know where he was going with some of this earlier because some of the previous scenes kind of make no sense. Nine Arts Dragon's amnesia kind of came out of the blue too. There was also the scene where NAD's (heh) girlfriend was in a medical tank of some sort and the guy who was in love with her in the breaker (the one who helped fix/save Shioon from the mad scientist in New Waves) was trying to bring her back. Lots of dangling threads that aren't really tied together yet.

Edit: I'm not saying the amnesia doesn't make sense based on NAD getting all screwed up by the black heaven and earth technique or whatever it was called, just that a couple of chapters ago was the first time it came up as far as I can tell. There weren't any hints that I picked up on, just seemed like he had turned into a dick.

Lyon fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jul 13, 2014

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lyon posted:

She loves Shioon (along with every other female character) so she will very quickly be brought back to the good side if that scene is even acknowledged. I almost think the author didn't know where he was going with some of this earlier because some of the previous scenes kind of make no sense. Nine Arts Dragon's amnesia kind of came out of the blue too. There was also the scene where NAD's (heh) girlfriend was in a medical tank of some sort and the guy who was in love with her in the breaker (the one who helped fix/save Shioon from the mad scientist in New Waves) was trying to bring her back. Lots of dangling threads that aren't really tied together yet.

Edit: I'm not saying the amnesia doesn't make sense based on NAD getting all screwed up by the black heaven and earth technique or whatever it was called, just that a couple of chapters ago was the first time it came up as far as I can tell. There weren't any hints that I picked up on, just seemed like he had turned into a dick.

The theory that people over on Daum seem to have at the moment is that he's been drugged / brainwashed, which is why he can't remember ShiWoon. The mustache'd dude from SUC and that blonde chick with the pigtails working for 9AD seem to be in on whatever's happening to 9AD, given the look they give each other. And that would explain his amnesia and his mood switch. Though he was a dick since Season 1, you just didn't see a lot of it because most of his interactions were with ShiWoon.

The original theory was that 9AD was just pretending not to know who ShiWoon was, but that got disproved pretty quickly.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Fabricated posted:

I wasn't talking about power levels. We haven't seen the slightest hint of leadership from her. Granted, she didn't really have an opportunity to do so since she has barely appeared, but it seems like no one in sunwoo misses her which says a lot.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Lyon posted:

She loves Shioon (along with every other female character) so she will very quickly be brought back to the good side if that scene is even acknowledged.

Is potentially the most powerful martial artist in the world in the group opposed to our protagonist, the other potentially most powerful martial artist in the world, going to be acknowledged again? Yes. Yes I think we will see her and her amazing Chi again. I'm preeeetty sure she'll still be in the antagonist group too, as we are *rapidly* coming to the end game of SUCs actions in Seoul, and there aren't a lot of people that can stand against Shioon at this point. Have to keep *some* around.

quote:

Nine Arts Dragon's amnesia kind of came out of the blue too.

To be fair the Breaker ends when his new master and his group have engineered him going totally shithouse crazy *just* when they were finally about to get away clean. Them taking it one step forward to try and actually mind-control him isn't really that far a stretch. We knew they wanted to destroy his life to make him embrace destruction. It turns out they just went slightly farther than we thought.

quote:

I'm not saying the amnesia doesn't make sense based on NAD getting all screwed up by the black heaven and earth technique or whatever it was called, just that a couple of chapters ago was the first time it came up as far as I can tell. There weren't any hints that I picked up on, just seemed like he had turned into a dick.

Beyond the constant "Hey my teacher isn't like this" and all the internal dialogues of his we got back in the Breaker not really fitting his actions now, plus the investigation into the SUC people being all "Hey they are mind controlled", I think it's enough. It's not great, but it's not totally unearned. It doesn't come entirely out of nowhere.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

About the nurse lady whose name I forget - she is being kept in the medical mans lab, and is (or was) slowly being fed shioon's blood and Chi in hopes she will revive, because her body had purified and held his Chi before, and thus is managing to hold it in, instead of purging it.

It is why he originally was working with mad science man, though we don't k ow what he has been doing since they took mad science man out of the picture. I think it is likely at this point that she will end up being revived in the next dozen or so chapters, and jog Goom's memory.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Is it wrong that I'm looking forward to watching Jung destroy people for once?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

So I've been reading a Manhwa called Witch Hunter for... I guess a couple of years. It went on a huge hiatus at some point, and just recently new chapters started getting scanned.

But holy poo poo, it seems like Mmngacow gets the chapters in like, a completely hosed to poo poo order and don't even try to fix it, because it jumps around like hell.

It's hilarious.

The main character recently pulled out an anti material rifle and shot a witch in the head though, that was cool.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Witch Hunter is such a hilarious mess even discounting the frequently woeful translation.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I enjoy it. I don't know why. I blame it on Taras being funny.

Apparently it's actually released by a professional company in America under the name "Witch Buster" so I guess I'll have to go see if their translations and page order is less hosed.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Anyone reading Black Haze? Sometimes I start a manhwa simply because I keep seeing the translated chapters listed every time I visit a site. More often than not, I'm glad I tried it. Black Haze is one of those.

I've also been reading Witch Hunter, but I honestly don't really understand what's going on right now. I wish the author would focus more on the main characters.

Gepetto is another I've enjoyed because I kept seeing it updated. However, it's been almost a full month since the last update.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

http://mngacow.com/The-Breaker-New-Waves/169/ STOP playing with my emotions so much god damnit! :black101:

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.
Did people not read Veritas, or was it some weirdo business reason it got cancelled, 'cause it's just about the best thing ever.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

unprofessional posted:

Did people not read Veritas, or was it some weirdo business reason it got cancelled, 'cause it's just about the best thing ever.

Sometimes poo poo gets cancelled unfairly. See also: Beelzebub.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

unprofessional posted:

I'm not 100% certain the truth of it, but from browsing sites back when it go cancelled, it was apparently a mix of no one buying it, and korean laws on decency becoming more strict in terms of graphic novel/manwha material, and Veritas was... bad.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Is anyone translating Kubera up to date or was it dropped for the 100+ chapters out of date naver app?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Jose posted:

Is anyone translating Kubera up to date or was it dropped for the 100+ chapters out of date naver app?

The previous fansubber dropped it, but there are some quicksubs on
http://kubera-tn.weebly.com/english-chapters-s2.html
It's actually on hiatus for a bit too, but there are a few chapters that
didn't have normal subs...

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.

unprofessional posted:

Veritas was a nice read, but the ending is so bad. It's a shame really, the story was finally picking up too if I remember correctly.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 231 days!

Bernardo Orel posted:

http://mngacow.com/The-Breaker-New-Waves/169/ STOP playing with my emotions so much god damnit! :black101:

Shi-oon's reaction to meeting a mysterious masked man is so great :allears:

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009
Alot of naver series have been dropped but at least Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell somethingsomething is still getting translated :allears:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sorced posted:

Alot of naver series have been dropped but at least Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell somethingsomething is still getting translated :allears:

It's also not one of the ones on Line.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The Breaker: New Waves 170

I just realized this is the first time we've seen Shioon fighting fully-powered without some sort of handicap. And boy is it satisfying.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I stumbled upon a manwha that's been running for a while called D.I.C.E. The premise feels a bit like The Gamer in that certain people called dicers are living an RPG kind of life. Thet get quests that give them dice and those dice can then be used to change their attributes like strength/agility but also their looks.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/D-I-C-E

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

Freaksaus posted:

I stumbled upon a manwha that's been running for a while called D.I.C.E. The premise feels a bit like The Gamer in that certain people called dicers are living an RPG kind of life. Thet get quests that give them dice and those dice can then be used to change their attributes like strength/agility but also their looks.

What makes it distinct from The Gamer is its more serious take, with the has's and has-nots and all. Kinda reminds me of Tower of God in that both're about competitiveness taken to an unhealthy extent. This seems to be a not uncommon element in Korean manwha--probably related to how much competition there is in real Korea for top schools and jobs.

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

Mangacow picked up Black Haze again and released a couple more chapters, they're pretty good.

http://mngacow.com/Black-Haze/70/

Oh man I completely lost it when Dio transformed into the tiny little dragon, his and Rood's expressions were amazing. And Dio helping out by blasting Shicumuon :3

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Strabo4 posted:

Mangacow picked up Black Haze again and released a couple more chapters, they're pretty good.

http://mngacow.com/Black-Haze/70/

Oh man I completely lost it when Dio transformed into the tiny little dragon, his and Rood's expressions were amazing. And Dio helping out by blasting Shicumuon :3
Been enjoying Black Haze for quite some time now. Glad to see someone else mentioning it. The last few weeks have been rather slow though. This week's chapter was fairly eventful. Dio turning into a baby dragon was certainly unexpected.

Are Blow and Shicumon equal in power or is Blow more powerful?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The next chapter's almost upon us, but for the timebeing: The Breaker: New waves 172

I think this is the first time we're going to see Shioon fight at full potential. And ohoho boy it better be glorious.

EDIT: Turns out I said the same thing a month and a half ago. Still applies!

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

It's definitely implied that Blow is stronger than Shic - Blow calls him a flea at the auction, and someone else mentioned that they'd fought before. With Shic's attitude at the auction he probably lost hard.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Sure enough, The Breaker: New Waves 173

That Cool Guy counter :cmon:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Freaksaus posted:

Actually been keeping up with this since it first started, and it's honestly the closest I'm getting to relearning Korean because dear god the plot is going hard now. Scanlations are sort of updated, reading the music updates is such a huge pain, but so good.

E: I also love how (and this is probably all coincidental but still) there's just a ton of parallels to Tower of God that are starting to pop up. Considering how tight knit the webtoons community is, I have to wonder if it's all intentional.

EE: Oh holy poo poo season 1's finale. :siren:It's loving happening:siren:

EEE: I can't believe how invested I'm getting at with this story. Literally held my breath through that update.

EEEE: I hope to god that anyone out there who's reading DICE is making sure to get the BGM working alongside it too because that finale hit me so hard.

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Sep 26, 2014

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Coughing Hobo posted:

Sure enough, The Breaker: New Waves 173

That Cool Guy counter :cmon:

At the rate this is going, we'll probably be traipsing around the mountains for the next 20 chapters. 's cool, as long as we get to see Shioon wreck faces.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Blattdorf posted:

At the rate this is going, we'll probably be traipsing around the mountains for the next 20 chapters. 's cool, as long as we get to see Shioon wreck faces.

Probably longer. The reason for the shorter chapters is cause two veteran staff members quit at the same time during the break, taking away a fuckton of manpower. So yeah.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

pandaK posted:

E: I also love how (and this is probably all coincidental but still) there's just a ton of parallels to Tower of God that are starting to pop up. Considering how tight knit the webtoons community is, I have to wonder if it's all intentional.

It might be that both're essentially comments on the competitiveness of Korean society (I've seen at least one other webtoon with a similar focus). I mean, I've heard competition for the best schools and jobs is pretty cutthroat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Kaja Rainbow posted:

It might be that both're essentially comments on the competitiveness of Korean society (I've seen at least one other webtoon with a similar focus). I mean, I've heard competition for the best schools and jobs is pretty cutthroat.

Well the whole imagery of towers and becoming gods really seemed to be a deliberate jab at said other webtoon.

But really, I'm incredibly hyped over what's to come in the second season. The characters may be a bit anime as gently caress, but the story has just completely entranced me from start to current.