Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
I've just found out my proposed 12 FvS/6 Monk/2 Fighter build won't work. Need to take Weapon Focus: Slashing weapons to take Whirling Steel Strike. That's a huge bummer, as it leaves me one feat short. Back to the drawing board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Without seeing exactly what your build plan is it is hard to give meaningfull advice, but a few possible alternatives to your build include going ninja assassin and using shortswords/kamas, or going 2 rogue instead of fighter and doing a 2hf stick build.

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
I posted it on the last page. Drow is really the only alternative, which is fine I guess. It's kinda based around the usefulness of the Warpriest PrE though...I suspect said PrE doesn't scale particularly well, which is kind of a big caveat. I would like to do something that works with the strengths of Divine Crusader, which would also potentially edge me closer to Completionist.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Ok, looking over that build it might be possible to drop down to 4 monk 4 fighter, and drop dodge for wf:s. I am not sure that this is all that great a solution, and really I would just go SS or kama instead of long sword. I am not sure you really even need to go drow, you can spend enough points between human, ninja spy and kensei. Warpriest is a pretty lovely pre, but divine crusader is amazing.

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
Yeah, the way the build/weapon choices was done was to take advantage of the Warpriest giving extra enhancement to your religion's wepaons, and Angel of Vengeance turning that weapon in to a spellcasting implement. You can get the same thing from Henshin Mystic core abilities for staves, but a) I've done a staff build already, not looking to do one again right now and b) still need to get a class that has a decent SP pool for Divine Crusader.

Also, apparently the tier 5 warpriest thing, that knocks down enemies on cast, interacts with Fists of Light in some way (people are unclear if it's a bug or WAI) to basically keep loads of mobs perma-stunned.

I think I found a swashbuckler build overnight that will suit my purposes though, which is good, but it does kinda sacrifice most of the actual casting ability of the bard (in that, I only get one metamagic feat at most, but as I'm not much of a caster type person anyway that's not a huge deal for me). I've run a couple of EEs lately with this guy using a swashbuckler build who just dominates, so it should be interesting. The good thing is, I can do this build with either a SDK (but miss a feat) or a PDK (and miss out on skill points and look goofy as gently caress), and I'll get the extra past life bonus from ITR.

Edit - something like this for the bard build using PDK. Maxed Bluff, Concentration, Perform, Spellcraft and UMD, got Diplo pretty high as well. Enough Balance for Single Weapon Fighting (substitute that in for Two Handed Fighting below actually, I haven't updated my character builder). Skills can obviously be changed, apart from Perform is there anything I should/should not be doing?

code:
[u][b]Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.19.03[/b][/u]
[url=http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO]DDO Character Planner Home Page[/url]

Level 20 Chaotic Good Purple Dragon Knight Male
(6 Fighter \ 2 Rogue \ 12 Bard) 
Hit Points: 284
Spell Points: 388 
BAB: 16\16\21\26\26
Fortitude: 14
Reflex: 18
Will: 11

[B]                  Starting          Feat/Enhancement
Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
[U](36 Point)[/U]       [U](Level 1)[/U]             [U](Level 20)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=silver]Strength             16                    23
Dexterity            16                    21
Constitution         15                    20
Intelligence         12                    16
Wisdom                8                    12
Charisma             12                    16[/COLOR]

[B][U]Tomes Used[/U][/B]
[COLOR=silver]+1 Tome of Strength used at level 2
+1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 2
+1 Tome of Constitution used at level 2
+1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 2
+1 Tome of Wisdom used at level 2
+1 Tome of Charisma used at level 2
+2 Tome of Strength used at level 6
+2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 6
+2 Tome of Constitution used at level 6
+2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 6
+2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 6
+2 Tome of Charisma used at level 6
+3 Tome of Strength used at level 10
+3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 10
+3 Tome of Constitution used at level 10
+3 Tome of Intelligence used at level 10
+3 Tome of Wisdom used at level 10
+3 Tome of Charisma used at level 10
+4 Tome of Strength used at level 14
+4 Tome of Constitution used at level 14
+4 Tome of Intelligence used at level 14
+4 Tome of Wisdom used at level 14
+4 Tome of Charisma used at level 14
+5 Tome of Constitution used at level 18
[/COLOR]
[B]                  Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                 Base Skills         Modified Skills
[U]Skills[/U]           [U](Level 1)[/U]            [U](Level 20)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=silver]Balance               5                    12
Bluff                 1                    26
Concentration         2                    28
Diplomacy             1                    23
Disable Device        n/a                   n/a
Haggle                1                     3
Heal                 -1                     1
Hide                  3                     5
Intimidate            1                     3
Jump                  7                    11
Listen               -1                     1
Move Silently         3                     5
Open Lock             n/a                   n/a
Perform               n/a                  26
Repair                1                     3
Search                1                     3
Spellcraft            2                    26
Spot                 -1                     1
Swim                  3                     6
Tumble                4                     8
Use Magic Device      3                    26
[/COLOR]
[B][U]Level 1 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Cleave[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Past Life) Past Life: Fighter[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Past Life) Past Life: Fighter[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Past Life) Past Life: Monk[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Past Life) Past Life: Wizard[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Human Bonus) Power Attack[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Fighter Bonus) Shield Mastery[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 2 (Bard)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 3 (Bard)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Empower Healing Spell[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 4 (Rogue)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 5 (Rogue)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 6 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Fighter Bonus) Great Cleave[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Two Handed Fighting[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 7 (Fighter)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 8 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Fighter Bonus) Improved Two Handed Fighting[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 9 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Improved Shield Bash[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 10 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Fighter Bonus) Improved Critical: Piercing Weapons[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 11 (Bard)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 12 (Bard)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Improved Shield Mastery[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 13 (Bard)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 14 (Bard)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 15 (Bard)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Greater Two Handed Fighting[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 16 (Bard)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 17 (Bard)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 18 (Bard)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Dodge[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 19 (Bard)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 20 (Bard)[/U][/B]

Gammon fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jul 6, 2014

Woden
May 6, 2006
Not sure why you need bluff and diplo but it does look like you forgot heal.

Also why the dodge feat?

10 tiller
10 stance
4 cores
3 bard enhancement

It'd get you to cap in robes but if you're wearing light for some extra PRR wouldn't you already be over the cap? Haven't run the numbers so could be way off though.

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
Dodge was because it's one of those feats I automatically think that I need. Can easily drop it, also change the bluff and diplo for Heal (though it's a cross class skill the whole way unfortunately). Might swap Dodge for Quicken, or just roll as a non-human and leave as is. I reckon I'll be wearing robes though - the PRR from light armour is pretty meh, I'll get more from enhancements and things like that, and investing in robes for something like Flawless Red Dragonscale stuff will let me use it with the most characters in future.

Woden
May 6, 2006
The dodge cap is 30 for a swash, they get a +5 in the tree so might want to keep it depending on where you burn your APs and twists. Haven't played a Fighter in forever so probably wrong here but it looks like they get +6 dodge cap too, so 36 might be possible.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Lamannia: Update 22.2 release notes

Spellsinger and Warchanter changes are in, the rest looks like bug fixes.

There's been some changes since I last looked to Warchanter and Spellsinger, Warchanter looks pretty awesome if you're going cha based. Lots of ways to render things helpless, shame you only get 80 AP between the three bard Prestiges because I could spend a shitload in them now.

Oh:

quote:

*Guild XP buffs are no longer dispellable by enemies.

*Completing Epic quests now adds two Heart Seeds into the End Reward list for that quest once a character has reached level cap. This only applies to quests where Commendations of Valor currently appear, including Epic Quests on Normal, Hard, or Elite that are not ransacked.

Those are both very nice.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Woden posted:

Epic Reincarnating just became muuuch easier.

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Let's drink until we can't feel anymore!

Woden posted:

Lamannia: Update 22.2 release notes

Spellsinger and Warchanter changes are in, the rest looks like bug fixes.

There's been some changes since I last looked to Warchanter and Spellsinger, Warchanter looks pretty awesome if you're going cha based. Lots of ways to render things helpless, shame you only get 80 AP between the three bard Prestiges because I could spend a shitload in them now.

Oh:

Awesome. This should drop just in time for me to get sick of minecraft.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Haha holy poo poo. Years after the Haste change they finally fix Madstone:
Madstone Rage now provides its proper 20% Melee Haste bonus.

Also taking suggestions on what to name the Airship when the patch hits. If anything maybe.

Also so glad the bard changes are going in sooner rather than later. Can take advantage of them after we finish Original Sin and this current life.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

DemonMage posted:

Haha holy poo poo. Years after the Haste change they finally fix Madstone:
Madstone Rage now provides its proper 20% Melee Haste bonus.

Also taking suggestions on what to name the Airship when the patch hits. If anything maybe.

Also so glad the bard changes are going in sooner rather than later. Can take advantage of them after we finish Original Sin and this current life.

USS Tenbux. Cause thats how much it costs to buy it.

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

THE FLAGSHIP GOON

It is only sensible.

Edit: I will also accept "GOONSHIP FAILURE" or some variant thereof.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
On the GOONSHIP LOLLIPOP
Its a night trip into bed you hop
And dream away
On the GOONSHIP LOLLIPOP.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Also my favourite name from the neverwinter nights thread: Thaco Bell.

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
Thac0 Bell is pretty clever, I like it. On a related note, what's with DDO doing all sorts of cool stuff lately? It's like they're actively trying to make the game better!

Woden
May 6, 2006
Why do they keep messing with Madstone boots? Starting to regret deleting a few pairs now for bank space.

First they made them not work with spell casting then allowed it, same with defensive stances, and the full BAB bonus was nerfed at some point too I think. Now they add a stacking +5% attack speed(melee only?) but also change it to morale bonus so the str/con wont stack with rage or primal scream.

Gammon posted:

Thac0 Bell is pretty clever, I like it. On a related note, what's with DDO doing all sorts of cool stuff lately? It's like they're actively trying to make the game better!

Preparation for maintenance mode :p

Nita
Apr 27, 2008
The Goondenburg, because we all know how this will end.

Evilmonstar
Nov 18, 2012

Hey Dudes, Quick question since its been approximately forever since I played this game... but is Warforged the only race that is really viable to use for soloing on a Sorc?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Warforged and Bladeforged are the easy way to heal still yes. It's easier to raise your UMD now, with our guild ship giving +2 cha and +1-3 UMD (character level dependant) and greensteel skill items giving +2/4/6 depending on the tier. But there's no prestige tree with good self healing like Wizards get. If/when they get Acolyte of Flesh... maybe. And once you're in epic levels things get a lot easier (and you've unlocked Cocoon - takes a while from Sorc area), but pre 20 you're limited to UMDing scrolls/wands or using potions/hirelings if you're not Forged.

I imagine you could use a human sorc with a cleric hireling and do fine on Heroic/Epic Hard and probably even Heroic Elite. It shouldn't be too bad really. Just harder than a Forged.

[Edit] Also Bladeforged in particular get Reconstruct as an SLA in their racial tree, which opens up a lot of builds that were subpar before due to having to rely on scroll healing. [/Edit]

Woden posted:

Why do they keep messing with Madstone boots? Starting to regret deleting a few pairs now for bank space.

First they made them not work with spell casting then allowed it, same with defensive stances, and the full BAB bonus was nerfed at some point too I think. Now they add a stacking +5% attack speed(melee only?) but also change it to morale bonus so the str/con wont stack with rage or primal scream.

Currently you can't cast spells under Madstone Rage, they were considering making it cost extra spell points and letting you cast similar to defense stances, but that's not the case right now. That drastically lowers the value if you're not relying on outside healing. Divine Crusader would probably work okay with them, as long as you displace -> wear until proc -> swap off. It's a pain in the rear end and a risk for a pretty small buff to attack speed. It made a lot more sense to care about it when you sat around auto attacking while mass heals were spammed like back in the day. These days, they're really just a novelty item even with them finally fixing the attack speed bug.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jul 9, 2014

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Also dev quotes:

Defensive shield tree:

quote:

We agree that adding a Shieldbearer tree would just force tanks into another tree. We will be improving Sacred and Stalwart Defender instead for both Shield based and non-shield based builds.

Sev~

Paladin changes:

quote:

First, we are still reading.

Second, based on player feedback we are considering a buff to Paladins that will buff the trees instead of adding to the core class abilities. We are working on proposed tree changes. This will include improvements to Knight of the Chalice and Sacred Defender.

We agree with player feedback that having a new Shieldbearer tree would only force tanks into two trees. We intend to add improvements to Sacred Defender and Stalwart Defender instead, with multi-selectors that support shield and non-shield builds.

Sev~

Shield bash has a 1.0 second hidden cooldown:

quote:

Shield Bash isn't hitting an animation cap per se, rather there is a deliberate 1.0 second internal cooldown on Shield Bash attacks. When we remove the 1.0 cooldown the animations are choppy and look really bad at higher speeds.

The new Vanguard tree is being balanced with that 1.0 second cooldown taken into account. Yes, that means secondary Shield Bash attacks have to hit hard to compensate for the internal cooldown.

Sev~

quote:

We would like to change Glancing Blows and Shield Bashes to work while moving. We just need to make sure these don't break animations.

Sev~

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
Now TR'ed in to the swashbuckler build I was planning on, and did it as a Shadar Kai. Promptly managed to gently caress up my skillpoints while levelling, but as I'm only half a point behind on Perform/Spellcraft, I think I can live with it. Apart from that, pretty happy with how it's turned out in the one quest I've done so far. That said, my casting isn't worth jack at the moment, but that's fine, I have so many fewer buttons to worry about now.

I also like that Turbulent Epee, according to the combat log, "helps" your target with Xoriat energy...not the sort of help I'd want to be on the receiving end of, honestly.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Huh. So Vault of the Artificers is 75% off or 324 TP. At that price, it's a pretty good deal if you spend a lot of time in heroic levels. It's nice to have some more options for things to do, and some of the gear is nice. It's certainly not a top pick, but that's a steep discount.

Artificers are 35% off, character banks are 50% off. They plan to do steep discounts every week in July.

Gammon posted:

That said, my casting isn't worth jack at the moment, but that's fine, I have so many fewer buttons to worry about now.

Bards are party multipliers, even more so with the upcoming changes. Key buffs combined with heals and some light CC can be super useful. You're not landing anything outside of Irresistable Dance (or you know Fascinate) without going full caster though really. The upcoming Spellsinger changes combined with SLA Mass Hold Monster could make that far more viable, but otherwise you're best off using Dance, Buffs, and Heals combined with solid melee damage and defenses (hooray not having to rely on clickies for Displace).

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jul 11, 2014

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Man, I haven't played this for like 3 years. I remember my biggest pet peeves being running around to buff yourself on the airship, the fact that I had to do raids a billion times to get anything, and the fact that my chosen class could only get good gear from a holiday event, of all things (Pale Master). How's the game nowadays?

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Two out of three of those issues are resolved, Ship buffs are now amazingly convenient, just one click for all the buffs, and they last 4 hours instead of 1, with the timer pausing outside of quests. Although the robe from mabar is still great for PM's, there are a couple good alternatives to it now, and the prestige changes overall made PM's even better than ever. As far as raid loot goes, that is still a massive massive time sink, 20-40 raid runs to get your raid loot is what is expected. Gotta sell those raid bypass timers.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

Fenris13 posted:

Two out of three of those issues are resolved, Ship buffs are now amazingly convenient, just one click for all the buffs, and they last 4 hours instead of 1, with the timer pausing outside of quests. Although the robe from mabar is still great for PM's, there are a couple good alternatives to it now, and the prestige changes overall made PM's even better than ever. As far as raid loot goes, that is still a massive massive time sink, 20-40 raid runs to get your raid loot is what is expected. Gotta sell those raid bypass timers.

God dammit. I guess I'll make a new guy and play this again. What's a cool solo dude you can make without being rich as hell? I don't wanna play a PM again unless they've been changed a lot.

Woden
May 6, 2006
The new raids are insane, ~50 runs to make a tier 3 weapon and if you want an actual drop better just grind to a 20th as I've seen two whole items drop in 35 runs.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

That sucks. And the gear requires level 28 (weapons are 24-28 but don't really get good until 26 so eh), which also blows even when the cap is 30 kinda. Which is way far off anyways. I hear they're fun at least, unlike say Shroud... though no idea how long an average run takes, and I imagine it still gets old after doing it for 4 or 5 times like anything else =-( I guess they're trying to draw it out for people who don't like to TR until they can get their level 30 plan in place, not that you can ever really make enough content, but needing that many more runs than Shroud makes it pretty clear it's only about drawing it out.

That said if you do decide to get on the TR train instead of hanging out at 28, raid loot is helpful but not really that important. An upgraded once Caught in the Web weapon (like a quarterstaff, falchion, or rapier) would certainly be helpful, but you can just use normal named items and random gear to pretty good effect for 20-28.

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Elswyyr posted:

God dammit. I guess I'll make a new guy and play this again. What's a cool solo dude you can make without being rich as hell? I don't wanna play a PM again unless they've been changed a lot.

Play a PM wizard. Drop enough AP into archmage to get the chain missles SLA. Go hog wild once you've unlocked shiraldi champion.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

I'd probably go bard. They were always a recommended melee for me and I think that's even more true now. And with the patch coming up making them even better, it's a great time to be a bard. Go swashbuckling and you only need to buy/find/craft one good weapon, I'd probably still go a splash build but really even pure bard would go great these days I bet. Especially on first life normal/hard.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jul 12, 2014

Woden
May 6, 2006
Yeah bard is a pretty solid call, self cast haste/displace so no need to craft clickies, only need one weapon, get cures which are good enough until you unlock renewal and no need to get a ton of caster or certain other past lives to function well.

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
If you haven't played for 3 years, then the new enhancements will probably blow your mind. Pale Master has, I think, been massively revamped, along with all the other wizard enhancement lines (plus, you have access to the new Eldritch Knight one!). Also, your existing character(s) will have a free Caught in the Web weapon of your choice, along with a bunch of other goodies probably. Totally worth keeping the same character and just TRing I think.

Woden
May 6, 2006

DemonMage posted:

That sucks. And the gear requires level 28 (weapons are 24-28 but don't really get good until 26 so eh), which also blows even when the cap is 30 kinda. Which is way far off anyways. I hear they're fun at least, unlike say Shroud... though no idea how long an average run takes, and I imagine it still gets old after doing it for 4 or 5 times like anything else =-( I guess they're trying to draw it out for people who don't like to TR until they can get their level 30 plan in place, not that you can ever really make enough content, but needing that many more runs than Shroud makes it pretty clear it's only about drawing it out.

That said if you do decide to get on the TR train instead of hanging out at 28, raid loot is helpful but not really that important. An upgraded once Caught in the Web weapon (like a quarterstaff, falchion, or rapier) would certainly be helpful, but you can just use normal named items and random gear to pretty good effect for 20-28.

Both raids are fun in their own ways, Wyrm has laser puzzles which work similar to floor tile puzzles but you can die in the light and also 6 other puzzles of which you need to pick 2 to complete. Ones a super mario jump thing, a maze which no one runs, some weird grav room that also no one ever runs, a quick combat room and a red/green room. Red/greed is pretty cool, you get green lights for go and red for instant death(PLIS blocks death) and have to stand on some buttons to open the way while killing mobs. Killing mobs while you can't move would be pretty interesting on EE.

Firepeaks is just Devils Assault with some dragons to tank throughout pretty much, as long as you can keep the spawns down it's pretty easy.

If you have a friend that only wants fire phlogs and you only want shadow phlogs you could both get your weapons done a lot quicker, there's usually also a nice person in every pug that'll roll off their phlogs. Not sure on the drop rates for hard or elite as hardly anyone runs those, Wyrm is really buggy on hard/elite and can spawn tons of shadows during the end fight that'll lag wipe a raid so it makes sense to only run norm. No idea about Peaks scaling but should be fine on hard with a competent blitzer as long as it doesn't bug out too, sometimes the dragons bug out and get some ridiculous DR but like HoX you can beat it with Ruin and similar things, at lest on norm anyway.

Wyrm takes 30-40 mins or so to PuG and Firepeaks is only 20ish, so not terrible in length.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Order of Tenbux seems really dead nowadays. Anyone here play in a more active guild, preferrably one with an ok euro population?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Bladeforged are 50% off, 648 TP for probably the best iconic race.

Looks like most, if not all, adventure packs are 20% off.

And we've got +20% experience going on.

Also Elswyyr maybe you could try the Psychopathic Saints? I know Afterness moved to them to try and have more people to group with and he played at the same time as us, which I think is morning-early afternoon GMT.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
I think I'd like to play a caster, but I don't know if I should do a Sorcerer or a Wizard. Which is easier for soloin?

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
If you are willing/interested in picking up bladeforged while they are 50% off, they make phenomenal sorcerers, and are one of if not the top solo build. Wizards are still great solo classes, and are open to more races, but at the higher end of the game they can feel a bit sluggish when taking down red bosses.
If you don't have bladeforged or warforged, don't try a sorc as that is there only avenue of self healing.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Fenris13 posted:

If you are willing/interested in picking up bladeforged while they are 50% off, they make phenomenal sorcerers, and are one of if not the top solo build. Wizards are still great solo classes, and are open to more races, but at the higher end of the game they can feel a bit sluggish when taking down red bosses.
If you don't have bladeforged or warforged, don't try a sorc as that is there only avenue of self healing.

What is bladeforged?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

vigorous sodomy posted:

What is bladeforged?

DemonMage posted:

Bladeforged are 50% off, 648 TP for probably the best iconic race.

Iconic races start at level 15 with a predetermined level 1 class, paladin in this case, you can then pick to customize your level ups, so you end up going 18sorc 2 paladin. Bladeforged are like pumped up warforged, they don't have the -cha penalty, and they gain reconstruct as a SLA which means you can quicken it for free, making it an amazing way of keeping yourself healed, and freeing up a valuable spell slot. They feel very much like pay to win to me, but they are so very fun and worth it.

• Locked thread