Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.

Ettin posted:

Bad news: I just replied to you. You're obviously part of the conspiracy now. Eat it, sucker.
His need (and ability) to seemingly spend all day obsessively googling his own name to see if anyone has said anything about him and confront them about it is the most amazing thing. That he has that much free time and voluntarily uses it that way is astonishing, and that he apparently cares deeply at his reputation while doing stuff that any sane person would realize is going to make it that much worse is just baffling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

Guilty Spork posted:

His need (and ability) to seemingly spend all day obsessively googling his own name to see if anyone has said anything about him and confront them about it is the most amazing thing. That he has that much free time and voluntarily uses it that way is astonishing, and that he apparently cares deeply at his reputation while doing stuff that any sane person would realize is going to make it that much worse is just baffling.

I didn't even use his name. Maybe he was searching for the more popularly linked articles? I don't know. But he's replying to me about negotiating truces and asking for specific grievances. This is suddenly very tiring.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

General Ironicus posted:

I didn't even use his name. Maybe he was searching for the more popularly linked articles? I don't know. But he's replying to me about negotiating truces and asking for specific grievances. This is suddenly very tiring.

Zak S is incredibly tiring to deal with. He argues like a robot and has no sense of remorse that I've ever seen.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

General Ironicus posted:

Just call him a fucker over and over until his argumentometer ticks over.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.

General Ironicus posted:

What, like, conditions for him to drop it and longer harass you?

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
He's trying to negotiate a truce with the story-games forum by promising that the pundit might stop calling them "swine". Via twitter replies to Ironicus.

It's... something.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
Yeah, I don't want to turn this into a gossip barn more than I already have, but for the curious it's all in this chain (so far?): https://twitter.com/Gen_Ironicus/status/487302711365611520

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Quarex posted:

DO NOT GIVE UP ON ME NOW SUNANDSPRING

THIS IS YOUR MOMENT

YOU CAN DO THIS

But I have obligations, man. I gotta return to my job back at college and make a bunch of drunk college kids some loving hot wings or else.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

General Ironicus posted:

Let me guess, he's talking to you as if he was teaching a class by the Socratic method? Yeah, that's his way of controlling the conversation. I advise against the assumption of good faith. I could suggest some follow-up questions, but I think that's the Aviations talking.

Edit:

General Ironicus posted:

Yeah, I don't want to turn this into a gossip barn more than I already have, but for the curious it's all in this chain (so far?): https://twitter.com/Gen_Ironicus/status/487302711365611520
It never occurred to me to ask my fiancee to parley with my Internet nemeses on my behalf. Probably because I'm not an utter lunatic.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

SunAndSpring posted:

But I have obligations, man. I gotta return to my job back at college and make a bunch of drunk college kids some loving hot wings or else.

Watching a drunk dude eat a wing is somewhere between beautiful and horrific.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
A human eating a sauce-laden chicken wing is pretty much like a dog eating a peanut butter sandwich; I'm not convinced that intoxication makes a difference.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Halloween Jack posted:

Let me guess, he's talking to you as if he was teaching a class by the Socratic method? Yeah, that's his way of controlling the conversation. I advise against the assumption of good faith. I could suggest some follow-up questions, but I think that's the Aviations talking.

Edit:

It never occurred to me to ask my fiancee to parley with my Internet nemeses on my behalf. Probably because I'm not an utter lunatic.

I'm not sure how he keeps a column at the Escapist like this. The rest of the site mustn't have noticed him yet.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cassa posted:

Zak Delenda S

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
At 4:30 PM on the 12th, I will be playing some Apocalypse World with people that I don't know at all. It will be streaming on this guy's Twitch (http://www.twitch.tv/peterthomas6). Hopefully everything goes okay, or if it doesn't, is at least entertaining!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I miss playing AW. Last couple times I tried, our characters just weren't Hot enough. My live group includes some people who really miss playing 4e and like the Warhammer universe, so I might try getting them onboard with the Rogue Trader Apocalypse hack.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
What did you do, Ironicus?

what did you do

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Rulebook Heavily posted:

I'm not sure how he keeps a column at the Escapist like this. The rest of the site mustn't have noticed him yet.

Pretty sure the Escapist is just as groggy as Zak, sadly.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Wasn't the Escapist the site that let a couple guys do an interview with Mike Mearls wherein they just grilled him about why he had betrayed D&D 3rd edition? Yeah. It's like they've resigned themselves to not getting attention for anything other than Zero Punctuation.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Halloween Jack posted:

Wasn't the Escapist the site that let a couple guys do an interview with Mike Mearls wherein they just grilled him about why he had betrayed D&D 3rd edition? Yeah. It's like they've resigned themselves to not getting attention for anything other than Zero Punctuation.

Hell, better; The author of that article misused his journalistic position to pimp his Basic-ripoff (Adventurer Conqueror King, ACKS) by denigrating the competition in that article. So that was fun!

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!

Rulebook Heavily posted:

He doesn't. He hasn't done any work on that site since 2010.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Oh yeah, I forgot that that was his product! Let me tell you something, Coolbook Rulebook: ACKS is so good, it almost makes me want to play it instead of just playing Basic instead.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Why would you do that when Darker Dungeons exists? :getin:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Actually, I am planning on using D(er)D for my next campaign. (Un)fortunately, our newfound 7s tournament team has given us something to do with our summer that actually involves going outside and socializing with people.

I'm kinda getting hooked on Mystara after the Castle Caldwell PBP inspired me to skim through The Grand Duchy of Karameikos. I also have a homebrew campaign setting, and when I started looking back over it, I realize just how badly I had to warp my own ideas in order to get them to make sense in context of the 3rd edition rules. I might just have to refurbish it and run Runeworld the way it was always intended. Because D&D should always be run in a setting where all the capital cities are named after obscure 90s goth rock bands.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jul 12, 2014

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
I know this is a little off-topic from current discussion, but is there a thread for discussion of card games like Munchkin or Fluxx? I mean, I'm not sure which Fluxx and Munchkin sets are worth picking up, the people I played with had a lot of fun with Cthulhu Fluxx, but due to not having the best grasp of the source material there was a little bit of a disconnect, and I wouldn't mind actually being able to discuss games like that.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
The board game thread will cover both of those. You might even get introduced to some other cool options.

The different munchkin sets don't really do anything that different from what I recall, mostly cosmetic/thematic changes

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Tempus Rimeblood posted:

I know this is a little off-topic from current discussion, but is there a thread for discussion of card games like Munchkin or Fluxx? I mean, I'm not sure which Fluxx and Munchkin sets are worth picking up, the people I played with had a lot of fun with Cthulhu Fluxx, but due to not having the best grasp of the source material there was a little bit of a disconnect, and I wouldn't mind actually being able to discuss games like that.

Every version of those games is the same, IIRC (munchkin definitely is) so just pick the theme you like best.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Tempus Rimeblood posted:

Don't worry about it. They differ only in theme, the actual mechanics for each of those games are the same.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Why would you do that when Darker Dungeons exists? :getin:

Hey Rulebookheavily, run a Darker Dungeons PbP, thanks.

edit; actually anybody run a Darker Dungeons PbP, thanks.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Don't bother arguing with Zak S. He's flat out stated his intention is to push people out of discussions in order to prove social darwinism or some such nonsense.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wonder what his being banned from any RPG community not under his direct control means through the lens of social darwinism :v:

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Cassa posted:

The board game thread will cover both of those. You might even get introduced to some other cool options.

The different munchkin sets don't really do anything that different from what I recall, mostly cosmetic/thematic changes

You just sent him into the den of Broken Loose. You monster. Someone trying to talk about munchkin or flux will be devoured alive.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Hey, who wants to take over the F&F contents, because I'm doing nothing more than skimming it anymore for updates and I'm pretty much done with tabletop as a whole?

I'll bugger on out of the chat thread in a bit, but I didn't want to just abandon that and leave people going "what the hell happened to that?", seemed rude.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Gravy Train Robber posted:

You just sent him into the den of Broken Loose. You monster. Someone trying to talk about munchkin or flux will be devoured alive.

What can I say its a slow night.

He will probably be fine as long as he doesn't claim that either are the be all end all method of generating fun with friends. Probably.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

General Ironicus posted:

You could turn other things into events for your club, like a special night during Gencon for everyone not at Gencon.

S.J. posted:

This is a super good idea. Also doing one off adventure nights using PnP starter adventures when new games come out and stuff.

We technically focus more on board games than TRPGs, but this might be a really cool idea. I could propose it during the first meeting of the year. When is Gencon exactly?

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
August 14th-17th.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Darksaber posted:

August 14th-17th.

That's a bit before we begin meeting. But I suppose I could use the page to recruit for online games of board games and rpgs, perhaps during that time especially, to remind members we exist. Perhaps do that throughout next summer to keep our brand alive while we are not in operation...sorry, I'm in a business school so I say things with that jargon.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

General Ironicus posted:

After your thing Zak got people to message me about "negotiating a truce" and started asking if RPGnet could make public statements about how right he is and have an RPG tournament with some of the cranks we banned.

What did you do?

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Ettin posted:

an RPG tournament with some of the cranks we banned.

I may be just super tired, but is his suggestion actually "Trial by elfgame Space Jam"?

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Old Dirty Cumburgs posted:

I may be just super tired, but is his suggestion actually "Trial by elfgame Space Jam"?

Suddenly this debacle just got a whole lot more interesting.

Welcome to the Elf Jam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Gravy Train Robber posted:

Suddenly this debacle just got a whole lot more interesting.

Welcome to the Elf Jam

I still have Charles Barkley, Chaos Mage statted up for 13th Age. Just saying.

• Locked thread